Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Scylla posted:

Completely agree. I also love TESD, but last week's episode (with Walt spewing crap about God and Stephen Hawking) kinda pissed me off. Hopefully it'll be better this week.

Not to mention what he said about nukes. Walt and Adam Carolla are two really funny guys who seriously need to shut the gently caress up about politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Did anyone ever find him in Blade Runner?
Doug tweeted this last week: http://www.katu.com/amnw/segments/116507008.html

It's a morning show interview he did with TJ Miller, and part of it goes through his extensive filmography as an extra. They didn't mention Captain EO though.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Nemo posted:

It's a morning show interview he did with TJ Miller, and part of it goes through his extensive filmography as an extra. They didn't mention Captain EO though.
Nice, thanks!

It's awesome he was in Blade Runner but I don't think there's any way anyone could have found him, I don't think I could even find this scene, and I've seen the movie like 5 times:

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I mean Doug had a point that the category is meant to be 'easy category for non movie watchers and 200 theaters nationwide is pretty darn limited, but he does always need to maintain that "he's the host" when things start to get out of hand and he hasn't directed the conversation in a while. Eh, whatever, that one was a real good one. I like the in-studio ones to hear Doug play (and get crushed at) his own game I hope we get to hear "Movies Samm's Dad Likes" cause the last time with his mom's movies was pretty funny.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Nemo posted:

Very cool! Nice find, thanks! I'm in Seattle and I hadn't heard about his appearance on that show.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
So somebody went ahead and married up the footage from Star Wars with Paul F. Tompkins' Google Voice Theatre of Mos Eisley Cantina.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

caveman thug poo poo posted:

I know what that means because I listened to the first May episode TODAY! I've listened to about 10 MBMBaM's now and I am super enjoying it. It's right up there with CBB and PFT, easy. Gonna give Jordan Jesse Go a shot tomorrow morning because of this thread and the fact that The Brothers mentioned it.

To Lou, I know I'm late, but I finally decided "gently caress it" and clicked on "Lou Reads CumOnFood" on my phones podcast thingy after kinda glaring at it a few times and deciding to do something ~not dumb~ instead, so excelsior and whatnot. Hearing your little break-in-character reactions was cracking me up more than the sperm in peoples food was grossing me out.

I've listened to every episode of mbmbam and loved it so I gave jjgo a shot and honestly it's not very good. I listen to new episodes and ones with guests I like but I haven't felt the need to go back in the archives.

mbmbam is loving hilarious though, their jingles make me want to advertise with them

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

ElCondemn posted:

I've listened to every episode of mbmbam and loved it so I gave jjgo a shot and honestly it's not very good. I listen to new episodes and ones with guests I like but I haven't felt the need to go back in the archives.

mbmbam is loving hilarious though, their jingles make me want to advertise with them

Its absotroofley ridiculous, to me, that someone would pay them $100 for the Money Zone jingles, but I guess if I was mega-ballin' id throw them a hundred for support and a quick laugh.

I never got around to listening to JJGgo this morning but Nick Kroll can do no wrong in my mind so ill prolly start with that one, as suggested.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

CommunistMojo posted:

Lou that was the first of yours I've listened to and I'll say it wont be the last.

Same here. The moments where you kind of break character and admit feeling physically ill really entertained me for some reason.

You also have a relaxing, easy listening kind of radio voice. There was something strangely compelling about hearing that kind of voice reading such abhorrent things.

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
Just finished the latest Smartest Man in the World--it's good, but it seems like Bar Lubitsch is really over Greg Proops now (or they just don't find the political stuff as inherently funny as he does and he's getting more mad about it than usual.)

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Oh man - Joe Rogan's and Duncan Trussell's view on invention and creativity is insane.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Those stoners are so fun to listen to. Is lavender hour any good?

JUST THE TIP
Aug 3, 2009

Evil Agita posted:

i like it, but im a big duncan fan. It's a lot less structured than most podcasts and wanders off topic a lot more.

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.
Someone took Tom Scharpling's jazz and put it to music
http://soundcloud.com/timfarrell-1/tom-scharpling-jazz-jokes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The 47 Reagans posted:

Just finished the latest Smartest Man in the World--it's good, but it seems like Bar Lubitsch is really over Greg Proops now (or they just don't find the political stuff as inherently funny as he does and he's getting more mad about it than usual.)

The episode was a bit of a clusterfuck, and he sort of apologized at the end to the audience. I think he assumed that he was preaching to the choir in mourning the loss of Gil Scott-Heron, and couldn't let it go when the audience wasn't as interested.

It was fascinating to listen to, but it's the first time that I was glad not to be in the live audience.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Evil Agita posted:

Lavender Hour is pretty much my favourite because of my man love for Duncan and the cool Hippie stuff he talks about.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

JUST THE TIP posted:

i like it, but im a big duncan fan. It's a lot less structured than most podcasts and wanders off topic a lot more.

Agreed. They are picking up steam and getting it together a bit more lately. The Jeff Garlin ep was pretty good. I'm a big Teacup Pig fan.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Special Ep of Walking the Room dropping tonight!

Greg Behrendt posted:

Tonight, at midnight, we will be dropping a very special episode with Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn. They each do a 1/2 hour. They were previously recorded "bonus tracks" and we are now able to present them to you. Consider yourselves blessed.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone listened to the Nerdist this week? Specifically Friday's ep. I hate to be one of "those" people getting butthurt at a slam on my city but jesus gently caress give Detroit a break huh. I like these guys but drat they were mean. Sometimes I hate it when they have female guests because they get all fawny and just dumb about it. Anyone curious about the tv show?

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.
Congrats Lou on being featured in the Earwolf podcast directory

http://www.earwolf.com/yourcast/

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Penis envy posted:

Congrats Lou on being featured in the Earwolf podcast directory

http://www.earwolf.com/yourcast/

Thanks. It only costs me $5 a month... kind of a rip but I'm trying to grow my audience. Its rough when you're selling cum-cakes and vampire-sadness to get regular people to listen!

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Listening to the most recent JJGo with Rob Corddry. For someone who is basically a professional rear end in a top hat, Rob Corddry is super likeable on podcasts.

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Has anyone listened to the Nerdist this week? Specifically Friday's ep. I hate to be one of "those" people getting butthurt at a slam on my city but jesus gently caress give Detroit a break huh. I like these guys but drat they were mean. Sometimes I hate it when they have female guests because they get all fawny and just dumb about it. Anyone curious about the tv show?

I just got into the Nerdist recently and I like it and all but I agree. I also can't stand their live episodes.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Listened to the first few eps of Lavender Hour and oh my god do I dislike Natasha Leggero. Duncan is awesome, but she keeps pulling conversations towards her, talking over other people to tell her stories that don't go anywhere and aren't funny, and laughs the loudest most obnoxious laugh if anyone makes a joke that references her or her act, because apparently she loves herself so much.

It doesn't help that shes like 3x as loud as duncan and I often can't hear him if shes laughing or talking. Do they ever fix their mic setup? It seems funny enough, and she sets Duncan up well sometimes (but then will cut him off in the middle of something funny).

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Elec posted:

I just got into the Nerdist recently and I like it and all but I agree. I also can't stand their live episodes.

In fairness, the live one with Wil Wheaton was great. I had no idea he went off to represent Video Toaster, for a start.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Fabrice Fabrice on the latest Comedy Bang Bang! :allears:

definitely one of my favorite characters of the new year.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Evil Agita posted:

Listened to the first few eps of Lavender Hour and oh my god do I dislike Natasha Leggero. Duncan is awesome, but she keeps pulling conversations towards her, talking over other people to tell her stories that don't go anywhere and aren't funny, and laughs the loudest most obnoxious laugh if anyone makes a joke that references her or her act, because apparently she loves herself so much.

It doesn't help that shes like 3x as loud as duncan and I often can't hear him if shes laughing or talking. Do they ever fix their mic setup? It seems funny enough, and she sets Duncan up well sometimes (but then will cut him off in the middle of something funny).

The last 2 or 3 episodes have had great audio quality. They just bought a new setup, and Natasha can laugh as loud as she wants and it won't blow your ears apart.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Are Duncan and Natasha married? I couldn't figure that out.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
I know it's not a podcast thing, but I was watching Freaks and Geeks yesterday on IFC and finally caught one of the little Comedy Death Ray segments. I'd seen pictures of Hot Saucerman before, but never video, and he really doesn't seem like how I imagined him.

Also, Michael Cera is hilarious.
Michael Cera: "I'm asexual..."
*Hot Saucerman about to say something*
Michael Cera: "Wait for it... predator."

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

In fairness, the live one with Wil Wheaton was great. I had no idea he went off to represent Video Toaster, for a start.

That is really my favorite episode. He is so endearing and just seems like such a sweet guy. If you want some more Wheaton check out his Memories Of The Future podcast, there's only 13 of them but it's excerpts from his book of the same name and it's really funny. I want to buy the book and the first season of Next Gen just off of that. That ep spawned a mini Wheaton obsession for me haha.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Listened to the new Apple Sisters and have to say I'm enjoying it very much. I love the songs they sing to introduce segments in the show. It's the perfect length so the whole novelty doesn't wear thin for too long.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I missed the first ten minutes of the Joe Rogan podcast, is the chick next to cliffyb anyone important or just some eye candy he brought for some reason?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Evil Agita posted:

Are Duncan and Natasha married? I couldn't figure that out.

Pretty sure they're just dating.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

dancehall posted:

Yeah I love that character.

I did craft service for Sex in the City! A lot of oats...

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

bango skank posted:

I missed the first ten minutes of [a] podcast...
What?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

WoG posted:

What?

Joe Rogan has a live UStream feed and later releases the audio on iTunes/his website.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

dancehall posted:

God dammit I love Nick Kroll. "My grandmother taught me to always be manners" had me dying for no fuckin' reason. Fabrice Fabrice is incredible.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

God dammit I love Nick Kroll. "My grandmother taught me to always be manners" had me dying for no fuckin' reason. Fabrice Fabrice is incredible.

"Musical guest Ellen Cleghorne" was what had me giggling like an idiot this episode.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Evil Agita posted:

Listen to the recent one with Jeff Garlin. It's a great interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Bits like these are the reason Nick Kroll is my favorite, I have yet to get through one of his episodes without shaking trying to hold in the laughter. I watch the league just because I love most everyone on the cast, especially Nick.

• Locked thread