Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haunted Antfarm
Jul 10, 2006

by mons al-madeen
Pics

This article seriously needs some pics. Am I right? ~_^ Osmodius 03:55, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
      You get what you want ;) Hołek ҉ 18:02, 28 May 2007 (UTC)

Actually, it could use some names of female professional gamers like Seo Ji-Soo (ToSsGirL). Maybe Vanessa Arteaga, I don't know. Someone out there probably knows some names of well-known girl gamers. --82.171.70.54 (talk) 02:59, 25 May 2010 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
hey guys not sure if this is the place but I discovered life on mars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_rover

quote:

Panorama taken on the rim of Erebus crater

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

and here i was thinking it only sounded like the scottish were speaking another language :rolleyes:

Haunted Antfarm posted:

Actually, it could use some names of female professional gamers like Seo Ji-Soo (ToSsGirL). Maybe Vanessa Arteaga, I don't know. Someone out there probably knows some names of well-known girl gamers. --82.171.70.54 (talk) 02:59, 25 May 2010 (UTC)

"well-known" in this scenario apparently defined as "someone has probably heard their name once"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tossgirl :allears:

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Shaggar posted:

tossgirl :allears:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seo_Ji-Soo

quote:

Categories: Living people | South Korean electronic sports players | Competitive video gaming | Professional StarCraft players

:psyboom:

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Shaggar posted:

go through wikipedia and find all the retarded jap word entries and redirect them to their english ones.

Unironically agreeing with a Shaggar post. :(

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
tossgirl is ugly as poo poo even for an asian

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

She looks completely plain to me. Sorry about your GBS level standards of beauty.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
oh im thinking of that gsl girl who only spoke in broken english 4chan memes

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

got dat wmd posted:

its me, lol.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

At 16, after seeing Boxer play on tv, she decided that she wanted to become a progamer. When she told her dad, he said he wished he had never introduced her to StarCraft.

a good father

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Cosmo Clock 21 posted:

a good father

Starcraft: Ghost Dad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HYMEN.SYS posted:

Starcraft: Ghost Dad

now there's a username

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renee_Gauthier

why does wikipedia need to have cititations about where someone was born or that they moved to another city.

WHERES THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, FAMOUS PEOPLE?

edit: aparently that someone drinks a lot of snapple is a-ok for being citationless though

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 5, 2011

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

got dat wmd posted:

she just looks like a normal looking asian girl????

got dat wmd posted:

whatever nevermind

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kurt Cobain posted:

whatever nevermind

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Gold's first published story was "The Prisoner's Release" in the magazine Heat, an adult publication by Sofawolf Press. Gold went on to write novels, starting with Volle, which became the first part of his Argaea fantasy series. Volle won Gold his first Ursa Major Award in 2005 for "Best Anthropomorphic Novel".[7] In 2006, his sequel — Pendant of Fortune — won the 2006 Ursa Major Award in the same category.[notes 1] Fred Patten reviewed the pair, calling them "arguably the best anthropomorphic novels yet written".[8] He also won that year's "Best Anthropomorphic Short Fiction" for his short story Jacks to Open, published by Fur Rag.[9]

Gold won his fourth Ursa Major with Don't Blink (published in Heat), which was voted "Best Anthropomorphic Short Fiction" for 2007.[10] He again won both the "Novel" and "Short Fiction" categories for 2008 with Waterways and In Between respectively.[11] Gold won the same prizes again in the 2009 awards with Out of Position and Drifting.[5]

In 2010, Gold was nominated for WSFA Small Press Award for short fiction with his story Race to the Moon.[6]

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
This user lives in a house.
This user likes porridge.
This user lives in a three-bedroomed house.
This user prefers Windows to Mac OS X.
This user lives in or near Houston, Texas.
This user watches children's television obsessively.
This user uses U.S. English.
ThIs uSeR Is mOnKEy cHeEse RaNdOmE lol!
This user thinks "A New Hope" was the best Star Wars movie.
This user liked the first three seasons of Family Guy more than subsequent ones.
This user is a pale shadow of a human being, hunched over a flickering monitor reverting vandalism to "List of The Ren & Stimpy Show episodes" for the tenth time this week.
This user does not like the taste of water.
This user lives a crushingly banal existence that consists primarily of adding to a mile-long list of userboxes.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

ahaha this reads like a childs story book (mlmp)

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

This user does not like the taste of water.
what the hell

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

ChiralCondensate posted:

what the hell
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3410020

quote:

I really have a distaste for water as it is. When I drink it with a meal I feel it weakens the overall flavor experience. While I only drink soda, I match my soda to my meal. Cola's go good with red sauce pasta I find. A clear or citrus based soda accents white sauce pasta for example. Mountain dew and more juice consistency sodas work well with breakfast food. Ginger Ale and the like fits sandwiches pretty well.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Bring me a carafe of your finest fizzy sugar water to go with my sea bream

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ive been to scotland. remember the toilet from trainspotting? they all looked like that.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Gentle Autist posted:

Bring me a carafe of your finest fizzy sugar water to go with my sea bream

make sure they bring you regular mountain dew. i'll never live down the time i absentmindedly ordered code red with fish

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
List of Pepsi Variations

More than 90 different types of Pepsi, arranged into convenient categories for your easy perusal. Quite a few of them have their own separate wikipedia pages as well.

Surely a gentleman with such a demanding and refined palette as him would be able to sample these fine products as though he were a wine connaisseur, wafting their delectable flavors until he found one that tickled his fancy (and, of course, was able to navigate the geographically-diverse tongue.)

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
All forms of citations other than Chicago/Turabian are trash. Truefact.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LinuxGirl87 posted:

All forms of citations other than Chicago/Turabian are trash. Truefact.

mla bitch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jimferd posted:

List of Pepsi Variations

More than 90 different types of Pepsi, arranged into convenient categories for your easy perusal. Quite a few of them have their own separate wikipedia pages as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat#Varieties

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

American Jello posted:

mla bitch

Your citation system is a piece of poo poo.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT CITATIONS.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
u(1) mad

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
Also: gently caress end notes. Foot note supremacy.

*Is David Foster Wallace*

LinuxGirl87 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 6, 2011

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i liked the part in al franken's book where he sperged out about ann coulter saying some book of hers had 300 footnotes when really it had 300 endnotes :xd:

also I really liked mla but one of the recent versions did away with the requirement that you list the date you accessed the online sources you're citing

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

will japan not buy something unless its available in every single loving flavour ever devised?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
who the hell wants to eat aloe vera

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

as least that has some sort of taste. who the gently caress eats the potato or cucumber ones?

also

quote:

"Hamburger", Japan, Special limited 4th of July "Patriot Edition"

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Sweevo posted:

as least that has some sort of taste. who the gently caress eats the potato or cucumber ones?

also

Would totally garnish a Hendricks martini with a cucumber kitkat piece

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

who the hell wants to eat aloe vera

If it contains actual aloe that kinda owns

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
aloe juice is pretty awesome, we drink it all the time in curacao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trig Discipline posted:

curacao

my parents took me there when i was 6 i remember it was loving bomb