Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Could I get a bit of help on going back to stock on an Optimus V? I used http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?title=LG_Optimus_V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

I just installed Chad's incredikernal for the HTC Incredible and I am absolutely wowed. The screen's responsiveness is over all better, and I'm at 87% battery with moderate use after 8 hours. Normally, at this amount of use and time, I'd be at 60%. CM7 + incredikernal on the Incredible is unstoppable.

I'd like to try this, but I haven't yet found a CM7 kernel that can detect light levels down to 10. Can the latest Chad kernel do this, or is 160 still the minimum?

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump
Quick kernel question. In kernel manager, if you're on cm7, you have to use the ones marked cm7, right?

I tried one marked universal and had to nandroid back after.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Iananan posted:

Quick kernel question. In kernel manager, if you're on cm7, you have to use the ones marked cm7, right?

I tried one marked universal and had to nandroid back after.

Ones marked CM7 or AOSP will both work for you.

e: as long as it's compatible with whatever version of android you're running. 2.3.4 assumed.

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Yeah. I tried an aosp one as well. Didn't want to work either. I guess kernel flashing just doesn't agree with me at the moment.

Edit: and yeah. They are all 2.3.4 as I'm on a nexus s.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Check the xda thread of the kernel..
G2 specific, but the latest Pershoot had a quip in it that it does not work with CM7 nightlies higher than #75 or something, and we're in the 90's.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Fascinate folks, some options are showing up. CM6.2 Beta just updated on 6/3, and ComRom 2.0 is now out as of yesterday. I'm flashing ComRom 2 to see how it stacks against Evil Fascination, which I thought was pretty good, and ComRom 1.3, which I thought was kinda twitchy.

Edit: Fast and responsive with a good stock Launcher, though I'll be returning to LauncherPro most likely just because I like the feel. Things run smoothly. I'll get back to you all on battery life later tonight, starting from 100% at just before noon, and running it like I usually do (GPS off, WiFi off, lots of texting, occasional phone calls, some browsing).

I like it so far though, and it looks much better than stock Evil Fascination, though it's Gingerbread themed so it looks pretty much like any Gingerbread theme.

Edit2: Not going to update on battery life tonight as I used the phone abnormally much today. Will report after a few days of normal use.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 6, 2011

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Penguissimo posted:

I'd like to try this, but I haven't yet found a CM7 kernel that can detect light levels down to 10. Can the latest Chad kernel do this, or is 160 still the minimum?

I have no clue. I'm using some light settings I found on the CM forums and I haven't touched them since flashing. I'm going to investigate now!

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

I have no clue. I'm using some light settings I found on the CM forums and I haven't touched them since flashing. I'm going to investigate now!

Good news—I decided to just jump in, and the Chad kernel DOES detect levels down to 10!

Arcarsenal
Jun 15, 2003

I need to flash a new ROM onto my sister's G2. She's been running an old CM7 RC2 nightly and she's sick of the few quirks it has.

Can someone suggest the best G2 ROM out there right now? I spend most of my time on the Nexus S dev forums so all the ROMS for the G2/Vision are foreign to me. She's on T-Mobile USA and would prefer the CM theme engine support but I just want a stable ROM so she can get off my back.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Bob A Feet posted:

I just installed Chad's incredikernal for the HTC Incredible and I am absolutely wowed. The screen's responsiveness is over all better, and I'm at 87% battery with moderate use after 8 hours. Normally, at this amount of use and time, I'd be at 60%. CM7 + incredikernal on the Incredible is unstoppable.

Silly question I'm sure, but I'm running CM7 right now, which of his kernel's do I use? The 4/19/11 gingerbread one, correct?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

DigitalMocking posted:

Silly question I'm sure, but I'm running CM7 right now, which of his kernel's do I use? The 4/19/11 gingerbread one, correct?

That's the latest stable one yes. He's in the process of beta testing a newer governor he's building on the xda forums. For those I believe he's up to beta10 and it's getting pretty close to being done. Haven't used AOSP in a bit though so I can't comment on how stable the latest beta actually is or what may not be working yet.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just found out for the last 3 months Knoxville has had 4G (I have a EVO). So I guess that means I am moving on from MIUI (I love you) since it doesn't have 4G. The problem is I have no idea where to go from here. Myan's Warm Roms haven't been updated in awhile and CM7 drove my crazy sometimes with its quirks. Can anybody point me to a fast (smooth) ROM that has working 4G? I don't care if it is Sense or not.

& if CM7 is my best option which version is the best version to install? I am over chasing the ghost by doing nightlies. I want to flash and be done for awhile.

Edit: Anyone running MikG v1.01 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0?

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 5, 2011

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Is there any way to stop the Market from crashing on a Nook Color with a modified build.prop? None of the modified Netflix .apks work for me, so I had to go that route and I'd rather not have to swap files every time I want to use the Market or Netflix.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

DigitalMocking posted:

That's what I used. I'm on CM 7.0.3 and it flashed flawlessly and has worked flawlessly since. What automatic lighting settings are you guys using?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
So I've got my Droid X rooted now and I'v sbf'd to rooted .596

Is Liberty 0.6 pretty much the best (least broken) ROM? Just what issues are there with the ROM (what doesn't work)?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just installed Liberty 0.6, and it's running good for me. Haven't noticed anything broken so far.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Generally I'm happy with the rooted .596 ... Just don't care really for the battery life and much of blur. Seems like my screen really destroys the battery much more than my og droid did.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
So I'm running CM7 on my nook color - installed it today - and it's pretty cool. When I look at the storage settings, it says there is .92 gb total space in internal storage, and in "additional storage: /mnt/emmc" it says there is 5 gb of total space. Isn't the NC supposed to be 8 gb?

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

So I've got my Droid X rooted now and I'v sbf'd to rooted .596

Is Liberty 0.6 pretty much the best (least broken) ROM? Just what issues are there with the ROM (what doesn't work)?

I'm running Liberty GB .6 and have had no real problems with it. However, .7 is out and from what I see on that forum, it's fairly buggy/unstable (which is ridiculous since they didn't change a hellova lot).

Are you downloading via the Donate Toolbox?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

I was actually just going to download .6 from

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

I was looking through that page and didn't really see the need for the toolbox. Is there something I'm missing or are you recommending that I get the toolbox or avoid it?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
It just makes updating as simple as: Tap Liberty ToolBox, go to Nightlies, tap .6, done.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Doghouse posted:

Isn't the NC supposed to be 8 gb?

Sure, just like how a 100gb harddrive shows as 80-90 something gigs when you install it. Overhead + Android partitioning.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sure, just like how a 100gb harddrive shows as 80-90 something gigs when you install it. Overhead + Android partitioning.

Hrm, yeah, I knew that. Dumb question.

I'm running into all sorts of little issues with this thing; I hope I can sort them out and I won't have to be constantly tinkering with it in order for it to work.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is because manufacturers call a gigabyte one billion bytes and operating systems call a gigabyte 2^30 bytes. I think flash media manufacturers do the same thing. The filesystem also takes up a portion of the space.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

Fascinate folks, some options are showing up. CM6.2 Beta just updated on 6/3, and ComRom 2.0 is now out as of yesterday. I'm flashing ComRom 2 to see how it stacks against Evil Fascination, which I thought was pretty good, and ComRom 1.3, which I thought was kinda twitchy.

Edit: Fast and responsive with a good stock Launcher, though I'll be returning to LauncherPro most likely just because I like the feel. Things run smoothly. I'll get back to you all on battery life later tonight, starting from 100% at just before noon, and running it like I usually do (GPS off, WiFi off, lots of texting, occasional phone calls, some browsing).

I like it so far though, and it looks much better than stock Evil Fascination, though it's Gingerbread themed so it looks pretty much like any Gingerbread theme.

Edit2: Not going to update on battery life tonight as I used the phone abnormally much today. Will report after a few days of normal use.

I decided to flash the new ComRom after having some serious hiccups with Evil Fascination (I think it was something I did). I liked it but just like with the last version of Community Rom the GPS pretty much refuses to work, with Evil Fascination it locks on almost instantly. Everything else about ComRom 2.0 was really nice. Now I am ready for them to make some real progress on the CM ports, I think the CM 6.2 fixed the B&W camera preview and like one other thing. Need me some MMS and camcorder yo.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Doghouse posted:

Hrm, yeah, I knew that. Dumb question.

I'm running into all sorts of little issues with this thing; I hope I can sort them out and I won't have to be constantly tinkering with it in order for it to work.

Like what? I haven't had a single real issue on my NC since originally installing CM7, and most of the problems with the screen staying on and battery usage went away with nightly #91 and now #94

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

By the way, if anyone else was running into the CM7 Exchange sync issues where it would stop syncing properly after a day or so, that was fixed sometime around nightly 88-91.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

DigitalMocking posted:

Like what? I haven't had a single real issue on my NC since originally installing CM7, and most of the problems with the screen staying on and battery usage went away with nightly #91 and now #94

I'm not using the nightly, but I probably should. Whats the easiest way to get it?

Everything seems to be working ok now. The apps launcher kept disappearing and once there was some strange thing where the NC thought I was pressing a certain area on the screen over and over. It also didn't recognize my sd card. I turned it off and on again and it seems to be fine.

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

I was actually just going to download .6 from

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

I was looking through that page and didn't really see the need for the toolbox. Is there something I'm missing or are you recommending that I get the toolbox or avoid it?

The (Donate) Toolbox gives you access to the Nightlies, i.e. the newest build as soon as it's available whereas w/out LTD you have to wait for it to be posted on line. For instance, .6 was out almost immediately after the OTA update but took days if not a week to get up on the forum. .7 is already out for LTD folks.

Now, sometimes that means if you download right away you'll run into instability, which is why I don't tend to download right away. However, it also makes getting the newest build as easy as opening the toolbox, downloading it, and hitting Install. It does everything for you including wipe cache/data and backing up.

The toolbox also allows you to do a lot of things just as easily:

Download and install themes. Change the system font. Edit the pulldown menu. Edit the boot animation. enable ad blocking and other things. It basically replaces a lot of independent apps from the market. If you like liberty and plan to stick with it, there's very little reason not to download LTD. The best reason to do it is it will help encourage/finance additional updates.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The only weird thing I've noticed with with Liberty 0.6 is that the battery seems to be stuck at 90%, like so. Any idea how I'd be able to reset that?

e. Looks like com.android.apare_parts crashes when I try and look at battery history in the liberty settings. Probably need to reflash?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 7, 2011

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Ok. Seriously, how long am I meant to be waiting after a kernel flash. I've tried cm specific ones and aosp ones. None of them seem to work. They are all cm 7.0.3 compatible, and I'm not on any nightlies or anything. Aaaaaargh.

I flashed a few by hand on my g1, and they never screwed me like this. Maybe I'll just do it through cwm instead of kernel manager.

Iananan fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 7, 2011

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Iananan posted:

Ok. Seriously, how long am I meant to be waiting after a kernel flash. I've tried cm specific ones and aosp ones. None of them seem to work. They are all cm 7.0.3 compatible, and I'm not on any nightlies or anything. Aaaaaargh.

I flashed a few by hand on my g1, and they never screwed me like this. Maybe I'll just do it through cwm instead of kernel manager.

I've personally never used kernel manager to install them. I just download them off XDA, boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and install them from zip. Booting up the first take can take as long as the first boot upon flashing a new rom since it has to rebuild the caches and whatnot.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Iananan posted:

Yeah I didnt even know there was such thing as a kernal manager. I've always done it through recovery.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Doghouse posted:

I'm not using the nightly, but I probably should. Whats the easiest way to get it?

Everything seems to be working ok now. The apps launcher kept disappearing and once there was some strange thing where the NC thought I was pressing a certain area on the screen over and over. It also didn't recognize my sd card. I turned it off and on again and it seems to be fine.

I bought rom manager premium, I just download nightlys right through that.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I have to side with Baram and Bob A Feet, I always boot to recovery and flash there. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I never use any "managers", I just download whatever to the phone usually via Chrome2Phone as I browse the xda thread and reboot into recovery and do it all there.

Seriously it's like a couple button presses every few minutes, I don't see the need to automate that and potentially have things gently caress up.

Shitfucker
Aug 21, 2007
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO HEAR
I guess I am a little bemused to be met with such singleminded support of absolute frugality.
x

Shitfucker fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 2, 2012

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shitfucker posted:

Does anybody know of an established root procedure for the incredible 2?
There isn't one.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Really liking my droid x a lot at this point. I've only got one thing that I really don't stand the taste of and that's the way it handles facebook.

Both in the aosp and in liberty rom, it appears as though you can only get the facebook account to show up with the specific add account function. Whereas on my og droid, just installing facebook for android would allow me to create the account & sync to only sync existing contacts... however with this version, it sync's them all.

Is there anyway at all to get it so that the droid x can setup the facebook account to only specifically sync only existing contacts... am I missing something somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

george soros irl
Nov 12, 2005

make friends and then buy & sell money always

nate fisher posted:

I just found out for the last 3 months Knoxville has had 4G (I have a EVO). So I guess that means I am moving on from MIUI (I love you) since it doesn't have 4G. The problem is I have no idea where to go from here. Myan's Warm Roms haven't been updated in awhile and CM7 drove my crazy sometimes with its quirks. Can anybody point me to a fast (smooth) ROM that has working 4G? I don't care if it is Sense or not.

& if CM7 is my best option which version is the best version to install? I am over chasing the ghost by doing nightlies. I want to flash and be done for awhile.

Edit: Anyone running MikG v1.01 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0?

I flashed the new Fresh 4 a while back when I was going to do the GPS fix, then ended up liking it and realizing how much I missed some Sense things (like the well written T-9 Dialer, lock screen, etc). I'm pretty certain 4G works on Fresh fine. Look into it if you havent already

Edit: It's also a stable Android 2.3.3!

george soros irl fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 7, 2011