Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

dundun posted:

This made me pretty mad, how could someone butcher a classic car like this and then demand an outrageous price.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2424687407.html

Ugh, I'm not a "KEEP IT STOCK!" kinda guy but I loving hate modern interiors in old cars. Half the awesomeness of old cars are the funky and original interiors. Who wants to look at a loving 95 Thunderbird interior unless your driving a 95 Thunderbird. The worst are the hot rods with a lovely rear end GM steering column from the 80s, especially when it still has the S10, Firebird or Cavalier wheel still on it. I'll end my sperg right here.

On the other hand I can appreciate the work that went into it if its done well, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
Ain't nothing like a bench seat.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

dundun posted:

This made me pretty mad, how could someone butcher a classic car like this and then demand an outrageous price.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2424687407.html

Augh, god, it wouldn't be as bad if they hadn't just left it with that black plastic.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

Augh, god, it wouldn't be as bad if they hadn't just left it with that black plastic.

The gray plastic is original T-bird. I'm pretty sure the only thing they added was the red.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Speaking of extra 0's in the price...

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/2426316381.html posted:

1993 Chev Geo tracker - $1800 (Bloomington)
Selling my 2 door Geo Tracker that is a 2 with spare automatic transmission.
Have clear title. Has been daily driver. Needs some TLC with the transmission. Have one to
replace it with comes with the purchase. Kindly in your email have "rocknroll" in the email.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Speaking of extra 0's in the price...

That's half the price of the Trackers I've seen for sale in the last few years...

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2408833447.html

So tempted to get this. I'm not up on Datsun pricing though, is this way too high?

71 Datsun 510 Ka24de Turbo - $14500

quote:

Due to the circumstances im in, i have to sell my car. Ive owned this car for about 6 years. 2nd owner. Runs great and pushes 355 hp to the wheels!
Its a 4 Door and it has the following:

1995 REBUILT KA24DE MOTOR with:
CP pistons 9:1 compression(forged)
ACL main and rod bearings
Cometic Headgasket
Eagle Rods(forged)
HKS 555cc injectors
NISMO Thermostat
ARP head studs
IN-Tank Walbro 255 fuel pump
Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator

Ecu Tuned by JIM WOLF TECHNOLOGIES
Fine Tuned using a SAFC 2 making a total of 355 horsepower to the wheels (have graph to prove it)

INTERCOOLER w/ 2.5" INTERCOOLER PIPING

T3 T4 Turbocharger A/R .50 Stage 3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

aventari posted:

So tempted to get this. I'm not up on Datsun pricing though, is this way too high?

That's a drat good price for Costa Rica.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

aventari posted:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2408833447.html

71 Datsun 510 Ka24de Turbo - $14500

That car looks like a blast.

What kind of PSI is needed on that thing to get 355 to the wheels?
I don't know much about the KA24DE but that seems like a lot of HP for that build.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
He says it's running 15psi right now "good for 20psi"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If a sedan built like that (odd engine choice and all) is worth 14 grand, what would a coupe be worth?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Chevrolet-Corvette-DRAGON-Coupe-Z06-RARE-ONE-OF-A-KIND-W0QQAdIdZ288787046

:aaaaa:

At first I thought it was a joke.
I don't think it is. Holy gently caress,

quote:

-== 2006 Chevrolet Corvette DRAGON EDITION SUPERCHARGED==-

HUGE HORSEPOWERS!!!

This is it - the one. The only. Want to stand out? Want people to ask to take your picture? Then here you have it.

Far too many modifications to list and ready to STOMP any Ferrari and look good doing it!!

Please email for more information.

The DRAGON Corvette - ONE OF ONE!
One of one.
Thank christ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

The highlight for me is the horrible spacing of the D R A G O N lettering.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://images.google.com/search?tbm...l226l1060l2.5.1

That one's been making the rounds for ages.

Why would you ever think you could sell the thing after doing that?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

http://images.google.com/search?tbm...l226l1060l2.5.1

That one's been making the rounds for ages.

It's gotta be a joke then. It's certainly not Alberta plates and no ph#
Got me.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

slidebite posted:

At first I thought it was a joke.

There's no way that's not a joke. I'm guessing the guy put this together from 2 salvage vehicles and he figured that since he can't sell it for a decent price he might as well just troll people with it.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

el topo posted:

There's no way that's not a joke. I'm guessing the guy put this together from 2 salvage vehicles and he figured that since he can't sell it for a decent price he might as well just troll people with it.

HUGE HORSEPOWERS

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

VideoTapir posted:

The Corvette marketing team so they can sleep at night.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Actual gold?

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Craigslist Crackpipe edition. $50000 Trans AM. If your going to invest in a car, your going to need a little more patience before you cash in big. For some reason I cant make a clickable thumbnail tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/TmECH.png

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 10, 2011

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
19 miles too many for that kind of asking price. Poor things probably hosed up from sitting and not being driven for that long. It's not a fine wine.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This is the most :krad: Monte I have ever seen:

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2425172323.html

And this? I just loving need this. Never mind that I have no place to park it, or that I could never afford to keep gas in it, or even that I already have one big rear end V8 sedan (Hello P71), I have to have it :allears:

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2428428868.html

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Throatwarbler posted:

Actual gold?

That's about $18k I believe? That's on par with M3s, probably not M3s that are that well taken care of though.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

T1g4h posted:

And this? I just loving need this. Never mind that I have no place to park it, or that I could never afford to keep gas in it, or even that I already have one big rear end V8 sedan (Hello P71), I have to have it :allears:

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2428428868.html

gently caress it. I'm just gonna have to resolve to buy my next car down south and trailer it up or hope it'll be in shape for a 1000-2000 mile drive. That car would be 2x the price in that condition in the NE. :smithicide:

BTW if you want an easy way to check Craigslist for Caddies, I just found this resource yesterday:
http://cadillachobbyist.com/craigslist.html

There's 2 tough things I notice about finding old Cadillacs. First, the paint...I want a black, white, or something...tasteful, like a sedate blue. Not baby blue, gold, orange, brown, etc. The other is there's an insane price drop off at about 1975. Like you can get a '78 for dirt cheap, but early 70s are as expensive as the 60s models. Probably has something to do with build quality.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

T1g4h posted:

This is the most :krad: Monte I have ever seen:

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2425172323.html

hahah is that cage made of exhaust tubing

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

aventari posted:

Not only that but a 400 with a 3 speed and 4.56s will do 0-40 very quickly and totally suck balls after that. None of the mods he did were well planned out.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Black88GTA posted:

HUGE HORSEPOWERS

Pretty much, it does have a procharger on it after all. I've never been able to figure it out but i bet it would surprise the poo poo out of people speed wise.

http://blog.cardomain.com/2010/04/06/dragon-corvette-is-getting-a-procharger/

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Throatwarbler posted:

Actual gold?

If it's still in Japan, for-loving-get about it. The only good time (if there is such a thing) to buy a JDM import is after all the paperwork has cleared at this end.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

I didn't realize this was the Jeep that I always used to see driving around campus (I posted about it once I think, too)... I saw it on a shipping trailer about five miles away yesterday, apparently it's being shipped out of town.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

MrChips posted:

If it's still in Japan, for-loving-get about it. The only good time (if there is such a thing) to buy a JDM import is after all the paperwork has cleared at this end.

It isn't JDM, according to the ad, or possibly by definition, but regardless: Unless that counts under "all other passenger car models" in the import eligibility list, it isn't eligible for import to the US until probably next year.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

aventari posted:

And what is that bar on the side supposed to do other than crumple?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

It isn't JDM, according to the ad, or possibly by definition, but regardless: Unless that counts under "all other passenger car models" in the import eligibility list, it isn't eligible for import to the US until probably next year.

Most German cars in Japan were Eurospec. That car is definitely in Japan, and I agree with Mr. Chips. Importing one is a crapshoot, best to wait until it's here (Canada) and someone else has taken the bath. Everyone that I know that has done it needs to spend a lot of money once they're here even if its just to replace bushings and isolators.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Aside from the dogleg box, isn't that still a standard e30 M3 with a bunch of aftermarket parts? For 18k you could get a very nice example in north america. I could only see bothering to import a eurospec one if it was one of the homogolation specials (EVO, EVO II, etc).

Tangentially related:

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-RARE-EURO-1994-E36-M3-SEDAN-FOR-SALE-1-OF-868-W0QQAdIdZ273685096

Who wants to lend me 16 grand?

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 11, 2011

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

Most German cars in Japan were Eurospec. That car is definitely in Japan, and I agree with Mr. Chips. Importing one is a crapshoot, best to wait until it's here (Canada) and someone else has taken the bath. Everyone that I know that has done it needs to spend a lot of money once they're here even if its just to replace bushings and isolators.

Ah. I thought he was talking about legal hassles.

Yeah, for them to be exporting it either it won't pass shaken inspection, or the value has just got to be way higher overseas for some other reason.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't know how much E30 M3s cost. v:downs:v Also I thought the European ones had more power than the NA ones but I guess not.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

Ah. I thought he was talking about legal hassles.

Yeah, for them to be exporting it either it won't pass shaken inspection, or the value has just got to be way higher overseas for some other reason.

I know of a guy that had a big hard on for 968s for some reason a couple years back. Found a "prime" example, supposedly. Eurospec. Only had 24,000 KMs. Brought it over, paid approx $15K landed. Upon inspection in Canada, he had to replace every single piece of rubber on it due to dry rot. Motor mounts, suspension bits. Then he had to do shocks and other normal wear/tear 968 bits. Ended up putting about another $6K in the car.

He then got the bug for a 968 ragtop. Found one with even less mileage and brought it over. Same issues, but to top it off the top and interior got moldy during transport. I think he sold that for about a $9K loss.

He sold the first one which was for all intents and purposes a near mint 968 (other than being a tiptronic) a couple weeks back for less than $10K.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

slidebite posted:

He sold the first one which was for all intents and purposes a near mint 968 (other than being a tiptronic) a couple weeks back for less than $10K.

Wow....even for a tip, that's a pretty crappy price for a 968. Especially considering all of the new-ish bushings and shocks. I always hear the Canadian guys on the porsche forums bitching about how much more expensive 944/968s are in Canada. You sure that's the whole story here?

I'm sure he took a bath on it after all that work....but it sounds like there was something wrong with it at that price.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't know how much E30 M3s cost. v:downs:v Also I thought the European ones had more power than the NA ones but I guess not.

There was a couple HP difference between the US model and first euro model. European models eventually got bigger power increases, the sport evo ended up getting a 235hp engine.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

http://northplatte.craigslist.org/cto/2431210045.html

Had to post this, snotty kid gets a free truck and doesn't want it and succumbs to the old "it's an old car, it's a classic, it's worth $$$$$"

I must say, that is probably the cleanest 79 dodge truck I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Motronic posted:

Wow....even for a tip, that's a pretty crappy price for a 968. Especially considering all of the new-ish bushings and shocks. I always hear the Canadian guys on the porsche forums bitching about how much more expensive 944/968s are in Canada. You sure that's the whole story here?

I'm sure he took a bath on it after all that work....but it sounds like there was something wrong with it at that price.
It was a stripper. Factory cloth seats, no cruise, no sunroof. Did have an R134 conversion though.

I actually saw the inspection report from a german specialty house for that car. Mechanically a front end seal was starting to have a very slow leak and the timing belt was going to be due in a few months. It was sound mechanically though.

Biggest thing was probably some ditz tapped the rear of it cracking the bumper cover requiring a new one a year or so ago, which the poor guy waited something like 10 months to get. Got a whole new paint job out of the deal though so it supposedly looked real good. Had to get a North American cover with the little bumpettes around the license plate frame though, so it lost is sleeker euro-spec rear end.

Only other things were a factory speaker was blown and the factory Japanese head unit was no good in North America for radio. I also think something like one of the auto door locks didn't work right because of whoever repainted it didn't put the door panel on quite right.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 11, 2011