Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Saoshyant posted:

This one doesn't seem to work either. As soon as FOMM starts the game I get a message about the latter being a newer version than what NVSE supports. How do I go around this if it's at all possible?

It works for me. I assume you have the latest version of NVSE, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Remember, the latest version is b10, not the original b9 after the patch came out, so those of you who think you're up to date may not be.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Just wanted to thank you Cream-of-Plenty for keeping the OP up and easy to follow. It means a lot that right after building a new system I can hop on the Fallout Mod-wagon in record time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Male Man posted:

It works for me. I assume you have the latest version of NVSE, right?

Well, this is embarrasing. I had the remains of an old NVSE installation and assumed I only needed the 4GB files, but since the NVSE dll's weren't updated...

Problem solved anyway. Thanks for the help. Now on to install as many crazy textures as I want.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

Well, this is embarrasing. I had the remains of an old NVSE installation and assumed I only needed the 4GB files, but since the NVSE dll's weren't updated...

Problem solved anyway. Thanks for the help. Now on to install as many crazy textures as I want.

One other thing to point out is you don't actually need NVSE installed in order for the 4gb enabler to work, but obviously a lot of you use NVSE. I'm using it without NVSE since I don't have any mods installed right now that need it.

@SheepNameKiller: No need to apologize. I apologize if I came off a bit harsh. I understand where you're coming from completely.

--

I had a quick question regarding installing/uninstalling mods.
I don't want to do a brand new playthrough as I have a save where I'm really far into the game and I'd like to use it with any DLC that comes out. If I were to say remove an insignificant mod from my load order, or for instance add a mod such as Rust Town or something else that changes cells, or npc inventories, would I have to start all over again?

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007
The Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover is gone off the Nexus and of course now that I realize I dont have it I cant stand it. Anyone have a copy sitting around they can throw up somewhere?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Evoq posted:

The Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover is gone off the Nexus and of course now that I realize I dont have it I cant stand it. Anyone have a copy sitting around they can throw up somewhere?

Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/Intrusive%20Invisible%20Wall%20Remover.fomod

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007
Bitchin, thanks!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Swartz posted:

If I were to say remove an insignificant mod from my load order, or for instance add a mod such as Rust Town or something else that changes cells, or npc inventories, would I have to start all over again?

Get inside a building, make sure you have no equipment that depends on mods, and save. Turn off/on whatever mods you want and resume your game.

If you require extra safety, wait 3 in-game days. Oh, and make a backup of your save file(s).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

Get inside a building, make sure you have no equipment that depends on mods, and save. Turn off/on whatever mods you want and resume your game.

If you require extra safety, wait 3 in-game days. Oh, and make a backup of your save file(s).

*Edit*

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42204

that's what I get for clicking "show recently added/updated files" without knowing what the gently caress those furrie bastards call poo poo.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 6, 2011

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but the spread = wobble ammo modifier bug was fixed in the last patch. Your un-modded shotgun slugs should be quite a bit more accurate now.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rope kid posted:

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but the spread = wobble ammo modifier bug was fixed in the last patch. Your un-modded shotgun slugs should be quite a bit more accurate now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks for this as well, it was one of the dozen or so mods I haven't been able to find.

Speaking of which: waaaay back in the thread (page 25 to be exact, this post specifically), good goon Vitriol posted a link to his wonderful Unified Backpack Mod that he had been working on. It's got all the backpacks you could want, with faction specific models, and leveled lists so that NPCs across the Mojave wear the appropriate ones. It was great, but the link was dead. I discovered this while working to get my NV game back into the shape it was in before my HDD's catastrophic failure. So a quick email and Vitriol was kind enough to reupload it! So for anybody that may also want it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/81fhqe61de3ff1y/Unified%20Backpack%20Mod.7z

EDIT: Forgot to mention a rather odd problem I've come across. For some reason I have two Thermo-hygrograph devices and two Darker Nights Switches in my inventory. I know this is a problem with Nevada Skies URWLified since it's the mod that adds those items, but I can't figure out why it's happening. My load order seems fine:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
The.Armory.esm
HUD Extended.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Realism.Tweak.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
AW50f.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp
XFO - 1ba - Dmg - Non-Var - 1x.esp
XFO - 2aa - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - low.esp
XFO - 2da - Bleedthrough - 10% (from 20).esp
XFO - 3ab - rarity - ammo - med.esp
XFO - 3bb - rarity - caps - med.esp
XFO - 3cb - rarity - meds - med.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp
XFO - 6be - Pacing - Vanilla (JUST No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
Heads don't fall off (explode only).esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp
XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
Reactive People II - Sneak & Diversion.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
Ambient Temperature - URWLified Nevada Skies.esp
DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 58
Total plugins: 58

Can somebody tell me what the problem is here?

Pic for reference:

Horns fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 6, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Evoq posted:

This is getting out of hand. Nearly half the time when I go to check in on / redownload a mod it has silently vanished, with the Nexus search refusing to admit that it has ever existed.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

The Lone Badger posted:

This is getting out of hand. Nearly half the time when I go to check in on / redownload a mod it has silently vanished, with the Nexus search refusing to admit that it has ever existed.
This is (part) of why I don't post on Nexus and generally ignore comment threads there- it's simply not worth risking your account.

Maledict
Jan 5, 2005

Ask me about being worldly
Just a quick question. Does anyone know of any mods that removes the healing effect that comes with resting in a bed you own? I remember playing NV with it, but now I can't for the life of me seem to find it in the NV Nexus?

I find it pretty silly that simply sleeping in a bed can restore damaged limbs and regenerate health.

I've tried searching different keyword variants such as "sleep", "bed", "health", "restore" - nada. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? (I'm already playing on hardcore)

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Horns posted:

EDIT: Forgot to mention a rather odd problem I've come across. For some reason I have two Thermo-hygrograph devices and two Darker Nights Switches in my inventory. I know this is a problem with Nevada Skies URWLified since it's the mod that adds those items, but I can't figure out why it's happening. My load order seems fine:

Nevada Skies URWLHH and Nevada Skies URWLified are both full versions of Nevada Skies, the only difference is that URWLHH also contains tweaks to HH weather effects. You're supposed to use one or the other not both, so deactivate the URWLified ESP and you'll be fine.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Lone Badger posted:

Nexus has been on a big banning spree lately due to a supposed crack down on illegal art assets + a culling of assholes. A lot of previously popular mods are getting removed because, surprise, the assets were ripped out of another game or the author's a total douchebag. Though how Ahztek is still not banned yet is absolutely beyond me - unless he donates, of course, right? *wink wink*

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Nexus has been on a big banning spree lately due to a supposed crack down on illegal art assets + a culling of assholes. A lot of previously popular mods are getting removed because, surprise, the assets were ripped out of another game or the author's a total douchebag. Though how Ahztek is still not banned yet is absolutely beyond me - unless he donates, of course, right? *wink wink*

And yet, because they misunderstood GSC's response, STALKER assets are still plastered all over the Nexus. :allears:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Naky posted:

a culling of assholes

This still means banning people who vote down furry dick mods, right?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

SheepNameKiller posted:

Nevada Skies URWLHH and Nevada Skies URWLified are both full versions of Nevada Skies, the only difference is that URWLHH also contains tweaks to HH weather effects. You're supposed to use one or the other not both, so deactivate the URWLified ESP and you'll be fine.
Thanks, problem solved.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Naky posted:

Couldn't they remove the forums and ability to comment? Doesn't matter if the author's a douchebag if no-one can tell.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fewd posted:

This still means banning people who vote down furry dick mods, right?
Yes.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Don't get me wrong, they're not just banning you if you're a douchebag once, but apparently they're really starting to enforce the three strike system for being one or so I've heard.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Something which is a bit retarded when your previous strikes could have been in 2005 and 2008. The moderation policy is clearly designed for dealing with transient downloaders, and just doesn't work for anyone who uses the site for any length of time.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

No one uses the Nexus because they love the site or the moderators, that's for sure. I really wish there were an alternative other than falloutunderground where I need to pass a credit check to get a forums account.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
So this is really awkward to ask, but I don't really know a better way - does anyone know how to script conversations with NPCs/would said person like to help me? I'm the dude who made the Coyote Reflex armor a while back and I want to give it one final update before I finish it off for good. I have a fairly decent idea what I want to do with it, I just lack the skills (and, frankly) time to learn how to use the dialogue system. It's not a complicated task, I just have no idea where to start. Any takers?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I'm setting up mods for some more playing. My old data folder was such a loving mess I just decided to reinstall the whole thing and set mods from scratch. I was wondering though, anyone here use Western Skies and that SSL lighting mod? They work together okay?

I don't think there should be any problems but can't really find a straight answer.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah they should be fine. Simple Street Lights is great.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

dog kisser posted:

So this is really awkward to ask, but I don't really know a better way - does anyone know how to script conversations with NPCs/would said person like to help me? I'm the dude who made the Coyote Reflex armor a while back and I want to give it one final update before I finish it off for good. I have a fairly decent idea what I want to do with it, I just lack the skills (and, frankly) time to learn how to use the dialogue system. It's not a complicated task, I just have no idea where to start. Any takers?

Unlike F3 there's a dialog editor in GECK now that I hear isn't so bad to use.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Naky posted:

Unlike F3 there's a dialog editor in GECK now that I hear isn't so bad to use.

I know, I took a look through it, I just can't manage to link the dialogue there to an NPC. There's definately a simple crucial bit I'm missing.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

dog kisser posted:

Doing anything with dialog is complicated and annoying as hell (well, at least learning it). I never looked at the new dialogue tree for FO:NV so maybe it's easier but I think it's mostly just for ease of readability vs. what they previously had.

There's a tutorial that is pretty much the best one on dialogue and quests for FO3 (which don't get any ideas, it's still not enough if you want to do anything complicated, dialogue system is hardly documented at all) I can't remember who made it but the .docx I have is called "Dialogue and Quest Tutorial for the GECK" so you might try searching for that.

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009
I'm getting instant CTDs, before the game even finishes booting up, whenever I activate the Nevada Skies URWLified esp. Game works perfectly fine without it, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I read in the readme that I needed to install some kind of cloudpack to use the urwl version and did so, but no dice.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

misterevilcat posted:

I'm getting instant CTDs, before the game even finishes booting up, whenever I activate the Nevada Skies URWLified esp. Game works perfectly fine without it, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I read in the readme that I needed to install some kind of cloudpack to use the urwl version and did so, but no dice.

That means you're missing an .esm file for one of your mods. You'll need to figure out which one. FNVEdit can help with this.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

That means you're missing an .esm file for one of your mods. You'll need to figure out which one. FNVEdit can help with this.

BOSS can help too, and its something that everyone should already have. Dont have to go and download FNVEdit.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

NVEdit is better than BOSS if you possess the technical knowledge to use it, BOSS is great for preventing crashes but sucks at ensuring that the functionality of all your mods is being applied according to your tastes. In other words, if you have two mods that overlap a little bit BOSS is probably going to pick an arbitrary one to actually apply the settings for.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah I was just more referring to the fact that BOSS spits out a report of what ESPs need what ESMs and what theyre incompatible with. If youre gonna be taking mods that need a bit of tweaking to work with one another you should definitely have FNVEdit, but its not something you need if youre not going to have any compatibility issues.

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009
Ah, thank you for the suggestion to use FNVedit. Turns out the ambient temp esp was pointing towards nevada skies URWL, rather than URWLHH.esp. Got another question though - I have ambient temp and the unified HUD project, as well as Darn UI, but I don't get all the nice temp data and such on my HUD. Is it project nevada 2.0's hud preventing all that whiz-bangery?

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

misterevilcat posted:

Ah, thank you for the suggestion to use FNVedit. Turns out the ambient temp esp was pointing towards nevada skies URWL, rather than URWLHH.esp.

I had this same issue at first too, rename the Honest Hearts version of URWL to the stock version and theyll play nicely with one another.

misterevilcat posted:

Got another question though - I have ambient temp and the unified HUD project, as well as Darn UI, but I don't get all the nice temp data and such on my HUD. Is it project nevada 2.0's hud preventing all that whiz-bangery?

I havent been able to get any of the HUD mods working with a stock New Vegas install with only DUI. Im really starting to think its not just me and theyre not playing nicely with one another anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

You should reread the readmes for ambient temp and unified HUD project, it involves more than just activating the ESP and you need to make manual changes to your HUD .xml files in order to get the new elements to display. If you've already done this and used the manual install method for project Nevada as opposed to the FOMOD install then you've probably accidentally overwritten the changes you made when you installed.