Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Today, I got to see Health and Guitar Wolf live. poo poo was amazing.

I swear to god Health's bassist was doing some kind of loving native american rain dance or something because he utterly lost his poo poo on stage right before it started raining. Which was a blessing from the heavens above because gently caress Houston weather.

Yesterday, I saw Protomen live, bought a poster for their second album, and got it signed by the entire band. They're really nice people, surprisingly. I was expecting them to be really douchey but I got a high-five from K.I.L.R.O.Y. and shook Commander's hand. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Last week: I had a piece of apricot pie. I've had my share of pie in my day, but never apricot. It was very good, balance between soft and flaky crust, with just a bit of salt. The filling had a nice texture, and was both acidic and sweet. Almost perfect as far as pie goes. I almost never eat dessert, so it was a nice treat for me.

Today: We got rain. It has been months since we've had any sort of moisture. My eyes are red every day and I use drops all the time. The past few weeks have been especially smoky and dry due to the fires to the west of us. I went outside to cook on the grill tonight and it finally rained. I got to feel the piercing cold drops on my arm and face while the hot air of the day still hung around it. There is nothing quite like the feel, sound, and especially smell of rain when you live in the desert. Today the rain kicked up a lot of the pleasant smells of the wildfires near us, almost a smoky barbeque scent. It was a small taste of what we'll get during our monsoon season, and I'm exited that it's almost here. When you go without rain for long enough, you miss it a lot. I'm looking forward to the fresh desert monsoon smell. There is no smell greater than that of a dry area that has had no water for months getting a torrential downpour for an hour. Everything there has evolved for thousands of years to live in such a dry inhospitable ecosystem. When water comes, every living plant there explodes with life - and that's what smells so good. Death either smells bad - rotting, or not at all - dry. Life smells rich, sweet, enticing. It makes you want to breathe deep through your nose. It's not a traditional season change, but going from the dry season to the monsoon season is a good day for me, and it isn't marked on any calendar.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Six years ago I told a particularly awful girl in my grade twelve class: "shut the gently caress up, Raine! The only thing I want to hear from you is 'congratulations on graduating, so sorry I didn't' and 'what else would you like with your burger, sir?'
This burn has now come full circle. First, as I predicted, she failed. Today, just minutes ago, she served me my burgers. They taste great.

Pitpit
Apr 12, 2010

Now it's my turn to be angry.
Woke up and found out Lynyrd Skynyrd is coming to town.
Started watching E3.
Found out Opeth is coming to town.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today, there was a huge thunderstorm, and so I went out in my shorts and shirt and just danced around in the torrential rains for the better part of an hour, barefoot, running like a lunatic and laughing all the while. I've never heard such thunder; it could make your bones ache. It was amazing. :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
GF's birthday present (netbook) got delivered without a hitch. Got plenty of time to set it up before I see her next :dance:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Phillies drafted Larry Greene.

Greene is from my hometown. There isn't much to be proud of coming out of my tiny hometown and to have an actual athlete be considered this elite is very nice.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
Signed the lease for a place I'm moving into in July. My roommates are awesome and the house looks sweet. I'm really excited. :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Finally picked up my cap and gown for graduation, found out I'm not failing Ochem like I though (C- is passing), and got an early grad gift unexpectedly - an acoustic guitar. A friend of mine was awesome enough to spend some time showing me how to play and now I can almost already play one of my favorite songs!

I'm also starting what is going to be an amazing week. :) I get to spend every night with friends before ending the week with the actual walking ceremony where after 6 long years, I finally get my BS.

Glitchdj
Mar 20, 2007
I like milk
I was late at work today due to traffic.
I'm late EVERY day, not always due to traffic.
My boss understands and does not give a gently caress as long as I get my work done.

That makes every day stress-free and awesome from start.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Finally got to see my small South African friend after nearly two months of no contact because of a heavy easter workload and the aftermath. He's pretty much exactly the same laid back prick that I love him for, so that's good.

This is off the back of my brother being involved in an RTA this weekend, but he wasn't injured at all just shaken so I suppose i should be thankful for that too.

Also got a promotion from work last week but i'm 90% sure it carries with it NO pay rise because the company I work for are unapologetic in there public greediness. Still, I'm now allowed to perform all the functions in the Pharmacy I was already doing but getting told off for, so it makes my life easier.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can

Pick posted:

Today, there was a huge thunderstorm, and so I went out in my shorts and shirt and just danced around in the torrential rains for the better part of an hour, barefoot, running like a lunatic and laughing all the while. I've never heard such thunder; it could make your bones ache. It was amazing. :)

That sounds fantastic

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
She finally said, "I love you, too." :unsmith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The crown I was dreading all week took about twenty minutes to pop in and caused no pain at all! :toot:

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

I found out my sister has a phobia of cheese. She's apparently fine if it's melted but if it's not, it's weird. She asked me to put the cheese slices on her burger so naturally I chased her round the house with them.

She kicked me three times but oh my god was it ever worth it. I've not even seen her react like that to spiders. I thought she was taking the piss when she told me but the reaction showed otherwise. I'd feel bad but she's a good foot taller than me and will take any opportunity to hold my sunglasses or hat above my head or stop me going through doors for no reason other than she can.

happyflurple has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jun 7, 2011

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Got a job interview lined up for tomorrow at a super hip furniture store.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
11 days until graduation; picked up my third set of cords yesterday. I also have a summer internship lined up that starts in July. It's not paid, but at least I might be able to get my foot in to a stable job with the county.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

First day off in a week, got up early, went for a long walk, played some disc golf, and then laid out on a rock and read for three hours. Now it's time to grab some beer.

gently caress YEAH DAY OFF

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I have an interview on Friday! It's my first in months. It's only a summer internship but at least maybe I'll make some money :)

Beatboxing Bard
Sep 6, 2010
Just came from a weekend (wow, pun ensuing) wherein I had awesome sex with an incredibly awesome girl at least once a day. I had an interview for a paid internship that will have no trouble turning into a well-paid career with awesome benefits, yesterday, and got offered the job today. I have another such interview, tomorrow. I've had a pretty awesome 5-day stretch and am waiting for a toilet seat to crash down from a 747 and destroy me, utterly, in retaliation.

Totally worth it, though.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Blew something up. I do it most days. But most days are pretty awesome.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Grampybone posted:

Blew something up. I do it most days. But most days are pretty awesome.

I want more info on this. Blowing poo poo up is fun as hell.
e: If it's work related, you should probably post about it here, but not if it's confidential. Don't wanna get you in trouble.

e: I discovered a few days ago that I love my girlfriend so I told her, and she loves me too. I'm so happy all the time now!

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Jun 8, 2011

Beatboxing Bard
Sep 6, 2010

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

I want more info on this. Blowing poo poo up is fun as hell.
e: If it's work related, you should probably post about it here, but not if it's confidential. Don't wanna get you in trouble.

I agree with everything, here.

Also, I forgot to mention that I best-manned the hell out of my best friend of 15-20 years' wedding. Great toast, great friends, great music, and eating/drinking for free...again, more fear of the falling toilet.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

because a dickface professor decided not to pass me on my exit exam. He told me to take a week to redo the problems I missed - graduation is in 2 days. He says oh, no big deal, you just won't graduate this quarter. No, gently caress YOU, professor, I finished every single problem I missed TONIGHT! They will be on your desk TOMORROW! You will pass me and I will graduate. Because I am so loving AWESOME ALSO gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU :black101:

edit: also I just redid two of these problems and I didn't get them wrong the first time, you misinterpreted my answers! I am smarter than youuuuuuuuuu kiss my assssssssssssssssssssssssssss

\/ hey graduatin buddy! :cheers: :hf: :cheers:

fuzzy_logic has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Jun 8, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My day was actually pretty lovely - pulled an all nighter, had a final, was kinda upset that I got extra time on the test because I qualify as disabled...

But then I got to hang out with my favorite person ever. :) We didn't do anything really - just sit around and talk and watch Zombieland. I just love that my best friend can make any day instantly better!

Also, now the test I've been dreading all week is over and I don't feel terrible about it! And the weather is perfect!

PeachHat!
Nov 27, 2009

Spider-Man LOVES milk!
This was so surreal I just have to share it.

I've been out of work for over a year and it's been miserable. I have an impressive resumé and have been doing a lot of research on how to conduct yourself professionally in interviews, write cover letters, that sort of thing. I've had a good handful of interviews, but this is Michigan and no one hired me. Over the last few months, even the interviews have dried up.

Then I got fed up (and perhaps a little drunk) and responded to a job posting with the following cover letter to my resumé:

"Dear Sirs or Madames, Attached you will find my resumé. Oh dear god, I need a job so bad I'm bleeding from the eyeballs. You want me to be able to lift fifty pounds? I will bench press an elephant if it will get me an interview. If you're more artistically minded, I will bench press an elephant while singing Cherubino's aria from The Marriage of Figaro. I will even try to stop bleeding from the eyes while I do it. No promises, though. XOXO ~PeachHat!"

Two days later, I have a job. Red letter day. What the gently caress.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Finally told my boyfriend some of what happened during my childhood/the last few years. He held me as I cried and promised that he'd be there for me and help me through the pain. :unsmith:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

PeachHat! posted:

What the gently caress.

This thread could use your help: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2000929

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Not only is it my birthday (27) but it is also "It's been been 45 years today since Griswold v. Connecticut, in which the U.S. Supreme Court saw in the Constitution a protected right to privacy — in that case, the right of married couples to use birth control." :toot:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I can't seem to find the lovely day thread (perhaps it was deleted because it was depressing, idk), so I'll spin this in a good way. We were woken up at 5 this morning by someone screaming nonstop at the top of their lungs for 15 minutes at the end of our street, yelling "call the cops!" over and over again. Now its not even 9:30 yet and I'm all drained from the adrenaline of being jolted awake by someone either tweaking the gently caress out or freaking out over a stab wound or something.

But I woke up a little extra early and took a nice long shower! So, that part was awesome! :v:

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

e: I discovered a few days ago that I love my girlfriend so I told her, and she loves me too. I'm so happy all the time now!

Aww good for you!

My day is awesome because my paycheck cleared and I have money again.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
It's my burfday!!! My co-workers brought cake and drinks and food, because I am the best. Usually it is only a card passed around.

Also, been talking to two completely awesome girls that i've met in the past week or two, once of which i'm seeing Friday!

Edit: Happy Birthday Abbeh! (also Frank Lloyd Wright, Keenan Ivory Wayans, Barbara Bush and Jerry Stiller)

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

webster876 posted:

Edit: Happy Birthday Abbeh! (also Frank Lloyd Wright, Keenan Ivory Wayans, Barbara Bush and Jerry Stiller)

And a happy birthday to you, too! :dance:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Fiancee hears back from a dream job tonight - she's nearly a lock but there are still other interviews that need to finish first. Kinda good job has already given her the sure thing, so that's a likely backup. So we'll find out where we'll live next year in just a few hours. She's been a real champ through the whole job hunting process and inadvertently reminded me of all the reasons I fell in love with her. The joy of seeing the process wind down has been transforming her normally stoic (in a good way) demeanor too. ;)

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Diet Conan Doyle has a new favorite as of 05:38 on May 1, 2014

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

PeachHat! posted:

This was so surreal I just have to share it.

I've been out of work for over a year and it's been miserable. I have an impressive resumé and have been doing a lot of research on how to conduct yourself professionally in interviews, write cover letters, that sort of thing. I've had a good handful of interviews, but this is Michigan and no one hired me. Over the last few months, even the interviews have dried up.

Then I got fed up (and perhaps a little drunk) and responded to a job posting with the following cover letter to my resumé:

"Dear Sirs or Madames, Attached you will find my resumé. Oh dear god, I need a job so bad I'm bleeding from the eyeballs. You want me to be able to lift fifty pounds? I will bench press an elephant if it will get me an interview. If you're more artistically minded, I will bench press an elephant while singing Cherubino's aria from The Marriage of Figaro. I will even try to stop bleeding from the eyes while I do it. No promises, though. XOXO ~PeachHat!"

Two days later, I have a job. Red letter day. What the gently caress.

:) That's amazing! And now you know the place that hired you is either 1) awesome or 2) incredibly lazy and doesn't read things. Either way you win.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

My day became awesome upon receiving a call for a job interview at a nice store that isn't fast food! :dance:

Interview went well, whatuuuup second interview tomorrow.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I drank a cream soda.
It doesn't sound like much but it was really good.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Weighed myself this morning and I officially lost all the weight I put on in my two year relationship with a feeder. :) gently caress ya, 45 pounds lighter since we broke up on New Years.

Flavor Bear posted:

I drank a cream soda.
It doesn't sound like much but it was really good.

Gotta appreciate the small things in life man. :cheers:

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Jun 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I should've been here a month ago. I'll just flashback to May 15:
Saw Rammstein live. First time they've toured the US in 10 years. Holy giant soap bubble shooting penis, what a show.