Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme
European time zone cattemacro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

flyboi posted:

i hate fox news that's the one thing that drives me nuts about ~MY BOYFRIEND~

jesus thats like a jewish guy tuning in to deutsche welle every night

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

there are a lot of gay far right wingers

they are mad they are working their lives away so it becomes gently caress you got mine like anybody else

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i know about log cabin crew and all but JESUS have some self-awareness

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Something is wrong with those cats.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Don't post pictures of my private golf course bro.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

duTrieux posted:

Something is wrong with those cats.

What's the black outline?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNHUFgdpk4

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quadpus posted:

What's the black outline?

It's not specified, but I think it's the total range of all tracked cats as a group. Here's the link. The content's farmed, but what can you do.

quote:

Most of the cats tended to stay within 300 meters (984 feet) of human structures, said co-author Nohra Mateus-Pinilla, a wildlife veterinary epidemiologist at the Illinois Natural History Survey at Illinois. "Even feral cats were always within range of a building," she said. "That shows that even though they're feral, they still have a level of dependency on us."

As for whether alley cats hang out together: nope. The researchers observed one feral cat chasing another out of a dairy barn. Another stray waited for a pet cat to emerge each morning and tried to chase it out of its own backyard. In an earlier study, co-author Richard Warner, an emeritus professor of natural resources and environmental sciences, followed about two dozen free-roaming cats over several years, and found that the two leading causes of cat deaths were other cats and disease.

audio
Dec 8, 2010

scanning for shit posts

Italian catte:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

duTrieux posted:

It's not specified, but I think it's the total range of all tracked cats as a group. Here's the link. The content's farmed, but what can you do.

oh, good to know they don't hang out together since a dude saw one chase another

i'll be sure to inform the kitty kabal that sets up shop on my car every night

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

duTrieux posted:

Another stray waited for a pet cat to emerge each morning and tried to chase it out of its own backyard.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
cats hang out together all the drat time btw

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this is a sneak peak of portal 3 btw

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Kirk posted:

cats hang out together all the drat time btw

Yeah, if anything those researchers discovered that the cats they were tracking were total dicks.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

audio posted:

Italian catte:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

fork bomb posted:

is that a toad

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator
:colbert:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
yospos what are ur cattes favorite toys

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

mice or bugs. if those aren't available then my feet as I walk through the basement but only the basement

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
a bunch of twist ties tied together

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
rubber tire from a toy car (about 1" across)

plastic ring from an opened milk bottle

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

a second cat

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Soda Bottle Caps
Zip Ties
Catnip filled anything
Each other

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
my emotions

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi
i cannot give the details because our pattent is pending, but i'll just say that the name of the toy is "the kicker"

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

CaptainMeatpants posted:

If Ollie falls from a tree, I bet he just floats down like a flying squirrel

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
The wire tops of champagne bottles
corks
thin wires like iphone headphone cables :argh:
things on a long string

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
concentrated photons

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

L.A.S.E.R.

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

MachDecimal posted:

If Ollie falls from a tree, I bet he just floats down like a flying squirrel

more like a cotton ball

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

stuffed mouse, any sort of cable, any loose item that can be knocked onto the floor and then under the couch (magda's special move), my feet when i'm trying to sleep, moths

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

skinny orange Egyptian hotel catte

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

that a nice cat

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
ok cool. cause right now most of the toys i have for faraday are stuff that are human-powered i.e. laser + featherthing on stick (which he has demolished) but im thinkin about more safe toys for him to play with by himself when im at work or in class or whatever. poo poo that he cant ingest most importantly :/

any good experiences with kong toys for cats. maybe the kickeroo. (they come in really fruity patterns though and look stupid :mad:)

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

ok cool. cause right now most of the toys i have for faraday are stuff that are human-powered i.e. laser + featherthing on stick (which he has demolished) but im thinkin about more safe toys for him to play with by himself when im at work or in class or whatever. poo poo that he cant ingest most importantly :/

any good experiences with kong toys for cats. maybe the kickeroo. (they come in really fruity patterns though and look stupid :mad:)

just buy mouse and ball, cat will only play with things that are not cat toys 90% of the time

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
cloth mouse and a fishing pole is an awesome cat toy and you get casting practice too

frank's favorite thing is a huge pile of that brown paper amazon uses to pack things into oversized boxes, he loves to just dive into it and go apeshit

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the weird little plastic tripod in pizza boxes