Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

SenorSpangiel posted:

Another mockup for our home shirt.

:fap:

Have you ever had a shirt where the stripes matched the direction of the badge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

ibroxmassive posted:

Have you ever had a shirt where the stripes matched the direction of the badge?

Pretty sure we've always had the vertical stripes with this badge and when we had the old badge I don't think we had any stripes :v:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

SenorSpangiel posted:

Another mockup for our home shirt.

:fap:

That is a good rear end shirt. Sad that so many teams forget that sometimes a nice simple reworking of a classic design is all it takes to make fans happy.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xew50XrbOLU

Harry Anus
Feb 11, 2005

That Club Brugge kit is really nice.

Now look at these beauts

Let's hope that this year the badges don't fall off and also that the kit manufacturer doesn't make any errors with the sponsor name.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That's really classy and cool that they included the crane on the shirt stripe

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
loving state of this thing. Ugh.

tigerleisure.com posted:

One lucky supporter selected at random from all pre orders will have their shirt hand delivered to them by a member of Nigel Pearson's first team squad!
:stare:

This is still my favourite kit.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Cash Converters... worst sponsor.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

c0burn posted:

Cash Converters... worst sponsor.

Wonga is worse

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Great quote from one of the fan forums on that actually:

"As for the sponsor - gently caress it. They know their market and we shouldn't flatter ourselves that Hull is not the sort of City where people nick other people's stuff and sell it quickly, without necessarily taking care that they have secured the best deal."

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Craiglen posted:

I love this shirt and might buy it now that I have money again

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

It's not as horrible as I imagined it to be. Close though.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Adidas :arghfist:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I didn't want to interrupt you all earlier when you were slating it, but I think it's nice :shobon:

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
it's really not that bad

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hmm it does actually look a lot better on a person. Still gonna have to see what it looks like in the shops though.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Are squares slimming?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

w00bi posted:

It's not as horrible as I imagined it to be. Close though.

Personally, I think if they had found some way to make the whole kit come together it would be better. The shorts don't work with that shirt at all.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I'll take "past-it English midfielders" for $800, Alex.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
got the new arsenal shirt yeaaaah

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bobby Digital posted:

I'll take "past-it English midfielders" for $800, Alex.

Now I can't unsee it being a Jeopardy kit, thanks a lot a-hole

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

got the new arsenal shirt yeaaaah

Did you go to the shop at midnight or did your delivery just turn up nice and early? I'm far more excited than I should be to see the free towel I'll be taking on holiday.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
New Real Madrid shirts officially released:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Clinging to that gold after only winning the cup is a bit much.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

I didn't get a name on last year's shirt, did they have the fuzzy letters/numbers on Premier League shirts or is it new for this year? I liked the flat, plasticky lettering they had before.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Kempo posted:

Did you go to the shop at midnight or did your delivery just turn up nice and early? I'm far more excited than I should be to see the free towel I'll be taking on holiday.

got it in the meal with the sweet rear end 420 beach towel. lettering seems a bit rubberier than the usual flat plasticky stuff

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
The gold stripes should have a black outline.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Kempo posted:

I didn't get a name on last year's shirt, did they have the fuzzy letters/numbers on Premier League shirts or is it new for this year? I liked the flat, plasticky lettering they had before.
Fuzzy numbers are what they use for players, plastic numbers are for lovely shops that don't use the official name and numbers.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

real_scud posted:

Fuzzy numbers are what they use for players, plastic numbers are for lovely shops that don't use the official name and numbers.

Ahhh that makes sense, I have the shirt in your avatar with the plastic letters on the back and that was from Sports Direct, the shittiest retailer of all. I definitely preferred those letters to these fuzzy legit ones though.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Like it

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

real_scud posted:

For serious? I thought those fuzzy letters had to be inauthentic :confused:

They seem like things my mom ironed on, destined to be lost in a dry-cycle in the near future.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
United are doing a similar thing

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

black.lion posted:

For serious? I thought those fuzzy letters had to be inauthentic :confused:

They seem like things my mom ironed on, destined to be lost in a dry-cycle in the near future.
Nope they're totally authentic, here's a whole bunch more info about official letters and numbers, http://www.onionbag.com/print-room/

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Like it

those loving socks

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

real_scud posted:

Nope they're totally authentic, here's a whole bunch more info about official letters and numbers, http://www.onionbag.com/print-room/

That article doesn't mention the numbers and names on the back of the kits though, just sleeve badges - it seems those huge, stiff, fuzzy letters would be annoying to have plastered onto your back, what with twisting and jumping and such.

Is there an advantage to huge fuzzy letters? Other than what that article mentions about the plasticy ones being annoying to apply, that is.

Edit: :hfive: Thanks I'm apparently blind

black.lion fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 9, 2011

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

black.lion posted:

That article doesn't mention the numbers and names on the back of the kits though, just sleeve badges - it seems those huge, stiff, fuzzy letters would be annoying to have plastered onto your back, what with twisting and jumping and such.

Is there an advantage to huge fuzzy letters? Other than what that article mentions about the plasticy ones being annoying to apply, that is.

they have an article about numbers too

http://www.onionbag.com/print-room/?p=3

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

ayb posted:

they have an article about numbers too

http://www.onionbag.com/print-room/?p=3

That was surprisingly interesting! I definitely prefer the plastic lettering I had before but at least I know the Lextra is legit and apparently more durable, even though I thought it looks more likely to come off.

Edit: Actually my brother came round for the last Arsenal game wearing a shirt that belonged to me about eleven years ago, that has fuzzy Lextra letters and still says "Bergkamp 10". Held up really well considering I practically lived in that shirt.

Kempo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 9, 2011

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

The key for any of the jerseys with authentic lettering is to wash them inside out and only ever air-dry them after they're done washing.

Also it's best to wash jerseys with other jerseys because then you won't end up with crazy lint all over the numbers.

Doing this in my entire collection of 50+ jerseys I've only had one number begin to peel off and that wasn't because of washing in correctly, I simply got stuck in a giant traffic jam around 495 and the AC in my old car wasn't working the best so it got so hot that the bottom 0 of the 10 started to peel away. Thankfully the whole number hasn't gone because it's my favorite jersey of all time, the gold away from 01-02 with Bergkamp on it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

real_scud posted:

The key for any of the jerseys with authentic lettering is to wash them inside out and only ever air-dry them after they're done washing.

I just do this with all my jerseys except the actual game-day jerseys I've got. Those I just wash by hand because they're really delicate and only meant to be worn for a couple of games and then tossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
These are the jerseys I've either bought, ordered or will be ordering: