Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I contacted Ecare and they said they would reset my upgrade eligibility but it would take up to 72 hours to show up. So we'll see what happens.

Ahh, maybe that's why I am not seeing it yet. I just did the chat thing yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
Looks like Moto reps said the Photon won't have a locked bootloader.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

TheBlackMallard posted:

Looks like Moto reps said the Photon won't have a locked bootloader.

That's not at all surprising, after the one trillion comments on HTC's Facebook page it's going to be hard to do anything but unlock them.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
The Photon looks awesome. The GSM capability alone made me decide to forgo the 3D and wait.

Full Specs: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/motorola-photon-4g-fact-sheet.htm

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I contacted Ecare and they said they would reset my upgrade eligibility but it would take up to 72 hours to show up. So we'll see what happens.

I can so it instantly for you, let me know if you want me to do it. I think I would actually respond to yyou on a timely manner tthis time too!

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Duckman2008 posted:

I can so it instantly for you, let me know if you want me to do it. I think I would actually respond to yyou on a timely manner tthis time too!

Can you do this for me too? :allears:

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I have an email saying I get the full upgrade eligibility effective immediately, but my account still says in another 300 days or so. The email said to call telesales to have the upgrade applied, so maybe they are at least trying to wrangle people with the one time silver upgrade into telesales to get their upgrade.

Edit: Or I could jump on the DuckMan train to have that reset if it turns out he really can reset that date.

Also, the Photon sounds great, but if it is pentile I am out.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Eh, forget all this, might as well chat with them and see if I can get my year upgrade despite weird circumstances.

EDIT:
Wasn't too painful, I guess I just have to call Telesales when the 3D comes out? (Or is this something Duckman could/would do?)

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 9, 2011

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005
I just had some awesome service from Sprint.

My upgrade date with Premiere before it tiered was supposed to be July 1st. Talked to someone at the number ((877)775-4886) referenced in this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093232

And they said they'd submit a request to have my eligibility reset to June 1st of this year since I was so close to date of the change.

I'm pretty happy; instead of waiting until May of 2012, I should be able to get a phone in June of 2011.

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

Any chance Sprint will offer credit for switching from another carrier again? I'm severing ties with Verizon, and I'd like to soften the blow of the termination fee and avoid the contract trading sites if I can.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

The Raglay posted:

Any chance Sprint will offer credit for switching from another carrier again? I'm severing ties with Verizon, and I'd like to soften the blow of the termination fee and avoid the contract trading sites if I can.

Call them and tell them you are thinking of switching to Sprint but am a little unsure about it being worth the termination fee. You'll probably get a credit that way. I'm sure that they have all kinds of hidden policies for these situations.

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Call them and tell them you are thinking of switching to Sprint but am a little unsure about it being worth the termination fee. You'll probably get a credit that way. I'm sure that they have all kinds of hidden policies for these situations.

Cool, I'll give that a shot. Is it possible to do EPRP over the phone, or is that an online only thing? I'd like to take advantage of that as well.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Oh, hey. Google now lets you have/keep TWO numbers:

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/make-your-secondary-google-voice-number.html

MYDIXIEWRECKED
Jan 8, 2005
Just popping in to thank Duckman for hooking me up with the 300 minute upgrade. He set it up in minutes and we did it all through Wordfeud chat.

Thanks, Duckman!

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Ozmodiar posted:

Oh, hey. Google now lets you have/keep TWO numbers:

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/make-your-secondary-google-voice-number.html

Nice. That's an improvement, at least... I guess the older Voice number just becomes a silent forwarder. Can't send, but receives. I'll have to think about it.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Fancy_Lad posted:

I also sent an email to sprintcares@sprint.com

Thanks man. Doing this now and just waiting on a reply. Someone there has been sense of humor as I started with "Hello Sprint Overlords" and they needed my pin ending with "Overlords of SprintCares" :v:

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

brc64 posted:

I would say that Apple ordering Sprint towers (Can they do that? I'll have two towers to go, please. I guess if anyone can, Apple can.) combined with the announcement that the iPhone is no longer carrier exclusive is pretty solid evidence that it will eventually be on Sprint. I'm more interested in the how, though. Verizon rushed to get it, so they got a 3G-only device. If Sprint waited, I can almost guarantee it was because they wanted to launch a 4G-capable version. But would Apple put the time and effort into a WiMax device just for Sprint? Or is this evidence that Sprint is ready to launch an LTE network? The latter makes more sense, given that it would minimize the amount of custom hardware Apple would have to manufacture.

Doesn't matter much to me either way... I'm pretty happy with Android, and iOS would seem like a step backwards to me. My mom, on the other hand...

Yes, if you've got the cash, you can have your own site put in. You can also get an SLA on that site if you pay enough. This is not uncommon for corporate facilities that might be outside of good coverage.

EDIT: Ha, they're predicting a $20/month extra charge for an iPhone plan. I doubt this would be true, especially if it's a 3G phone. There's very little chance pricing plans are concrete for a phone that's several months away from release.

900ftjesus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 10, 2011

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Choicecut posted:

Can you do this for me too? :allears:

Sure, PM me your info.

As a disclaimer, I in no way completely guarantee the upgrade will stay valid after June 30th (the current official cutoff date on the override). I honestly would imagine it would stay eligible, for the most part Sprint rarely takes away upgrades (irony in this statement I know). But no guarantees.

The Raglay posted:

When are you switching? Sprint is offering a port credit till June 23rd. $125 for a smartphone, $175 if you happen to work for public sector: Healthcare, Utilities, Government (local, state and federal) and Public Education.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 10, 2011

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

SprintCares took care of my upgrade. Immediately after getting the email, I went on Amazon Wireless and ordered an EVO 3D. It says it will ship or arrive on July 1st, but I was too excited to really pay attention. (edit: when it checked eligibility for the upgrade, it came back clear today, yesterday said I had to wait until April 2012)

The day it arrives, my fiancee is going to get my EVO 4G and we'll get on a family plan. Finally she can ditch her literally 8 year old Samsung flip phone.

code:
Phone 1:	 	 
HTC EVO 3D 4G Android Phone (Sprint)	 	$179.99
 	 	------
 	Subtotal:	$179.99
 	Estimated Tax To Be Collected:	$0.00
 	Shipping:	FREE 
drat good deal too.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 10, 2011

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Duckman2008 posted:

Thanks Duckman, you're late the best!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Got my preorder in, hopefully the store will be able to either nudge the upgrade up a week, or hold the phone for a week. I had called retentions and she told me she was able to bump it up a month (should have been eligible on the 1st of June with the change), but its showing up as July 1st again. Eh, I can wait another week if need be, especially with a reserved phone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sirbeefalot posted:

Got my preorder in, hopefully the store will be able to either nudge the upgrade up a week, or hold the phone for a week. I had called retentions and she told me she was able to bump it up a month (should have been eligible on the 1st of June with the change), but its showing up as July 1st again. Eh, I can wait another week if need be, especially with a reserved phone.

Any store will be able to bump it up after June 18th, so you'll be fine.

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

When are you switching? Sprint is offering a port credit till June 23rd. $125 for a smartphone, $175 if you happen to work for public sector: Healthcare, Utilities, Government (local, state and federal) and Public Education.

I'd like to do it this month and grab the EVO 3D. Is it possible to get this through the EPRP website? I didn't see any mention of it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Man, I liked it better when Sprint CS was inept. I couldn't get them to budge on giving me an upgrade credit (that I'm techincally not eligible for anyway). Why oh why did I jump the gun and buy my EVO on release day with my wife's upgrade instead of waiting until August 1st and buying it with my own :(

edit: oh right because I was using a Touch Pro2.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

The Raglay posted:

I'd like to do it this month and grab the EVO 3D. Is it possible to get this through the EPRP website? I didn't see any mention of it.

The EPRP website is the regular Sprint site with discounted plans, it should always have all of the phones.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

900ftjesus posted:

The EPRP website is the regular Sprint site with discounted plans, it should always have all of the phones.

He means the port credit I think. And EPRP should qualify for the credit. But...

The Raglay posted:

This may be a situation where you can't have your cake and eat it too. The port in credit of $125 ends June 23rd. The Evo 3D lands June 24th. So switching on June 24th for the Evo 3D, you will miss the port credit. Unfortunately the only loophole i can think of is getting an Evo on the 23rd then swapping it the next day. I have no idea how easy that could be online with the phone launching and being at least pretty in demand, no guarantees you'll get it swapped in time. I'm sure some store employee would be willing to put one on hold for you (new sales > upgrades) but then you can't get EPRP. Also, corporate Sprint charges a $35 restock fee for a phone exchange, 3rd party Sprints and best buys tend not too.

Personally, unless you qualify for a nice discount on Sprint just get the Evo 3D on June 24th with EPRP and save yourself a headache.

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

He means the port credit I think. And EPRP should qualify for the credit. But...

This may be a situation where you can't have your cake and eat it too. The port in credit of $125 ends June 23rd. The Evo 3D lands June 24th. So switching on June 24th for the Evo 3D, you will miss the port credit. Unfortunately the only loophole i can think of is getting an Evo on the 23rd then swapping it the next day. I have no idea how easy that could be online with the phone launching and being at least pretty in demand, no guarantees you'll get it swapped in time. I'm sure some store employee would be willing to put one on hold for you (new sales > upgrades) but then you can't get EPRP. Also, corporate Sprint charges a $35 restock fee for a phone exchange, 3rd party Sprints and best buys tend not too.

Personally, unless you qualify for a nice discount on Sprint just get the Evo 3D on June 24th with EPRP and save yourself a headache.

Yeah, I meant the port credit, and this is pretty much what I assumed was the case. Really no ideal scenario for me, but thanks for the info!

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES
I'm planning on doing the same thing. I didn't know a $35 fee applied, though, drat. I was all set to grab a Nexus or EVO and then swap it a couple days after. Though, I guess if I'm getting $175 for a port (hospital employee, so I guess I qualify for the extra 50), and $50 off from ordering via telesales, it works out in my favor, generally.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
Hasn't the port credit bonus been extended before? Or am I thinking of some other deal?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
So if I want to break contract from ATT and get an EVO 3D, the best way would be to get a phone currently on Sprint by the 23rd to qualify for the $125 credit, then swap to the EVO 3d (assuming it's in stock) and eat the $35 fee? So, I will then have $90 to apply to my ATT rape fee for canceling, right? Is ther a better way to maneuver this?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
So is the EVO 3D still the fastest kid on the Sprint block, or is there some crazy dual core android phone about to come out?

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Nuts and Gum posted:

So is the EVO 3D still the fastest kid on the Sprint block, or is there some crazy dual core android phone about to come out?

Considering it's not even out yet, yes.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Nuts and Gum posted:

The just announced Photon 4G might outperform it just because of the Tegra 2 chipset but I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. But then there's the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy S II that will probably outperform both of those. And after that, the unannounced Nexus 3 (that Sprint will hopefully get at launch this time) will probably blow all of them out of the water.

There's always something better around the corner no matter when you decide to buy :)

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

hotsauce posted:

So if I want to break contract from ATT and get an EVO 3D, the best way would be to get a phone currently on Sprint by the 23rd to qualify for the $125 credit, then swap to the EVO 3d (assuming it's in stock) and eat the $35 fee? So, I will then have $90 to apply to my ATT rape fee for canceling, right? Is ther a better way to maneuver this?

That appears to be the best way.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

datajosh posted:

The just announced Photon 4G might outperform it just because of the Tegra 2 chipset but I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. But then there's the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy S II that will probably outperform both of those. And after that, the unannounced Nexus 3 (that Sprint will hopefully get at launch this time) will probably blow all of them out of the water.

There's always something better around the corner no matter when you decide to buy :)

Very true, although I meant more like, coming out in the same month or so :) The Samsung phone is what I was thinking about. I don't know if I could ever go Sense-less, though :(

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

datajosh posted:

That's why you by the earliest/first version (the Evo 3d) so that your "time until next upgrade" can begin counting down, which will then let you buy the latest/last version when it comes out.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Welp, ordered my 3D from Amazon Wireless. Bit the bullet and decided that I can get it a week later to save 20 bucks. This better be as good as all of you are hyping it up to be. :colbert:

Natural Laxative
Aug 20, 2004

I'm on a family plan with a couple of my friends and I have a quick question. I am going to be using one of my friends upgrades to get the evo 3d when it comes out. Now would I be able to get it through amazon or will they activate the phone on his line and cause a hassle? I'm thinking it will just be easier to get it from Sprint online in this situation. thoughts?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

quote:

Thank you for providing the below-referenced information. After careful consideration, we have agreed to allow you to upgrade phone line ### with the available discounts and rebates in exchange for a two-year Subscriber Agreement, effective immediately. Please understand that this is a one-time courtesy and no further exceptions will be made for this matter.

Thank you,
Overlord
SprintCares

Live for my Evo, die for my Evo, hop up in dat whip and ride wit my Evo :frogc00l:

Now I'm primed for some tree dees. DGAF about a samsung whatever garbage 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

averox posted:

Live for my Evo, die for my Evo, hop up in dat whip and ride wit my Evo :frogc00l:

Now I'm primed for some tree dees. DGAF about a samsung whatever garbage 2.

Yeah, not only is it Samsung so automatically a 'don't go near it,' but the Evo 3D has 3D, and it's guaranteed to have a great third-party support, being HTC.