Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Silence of the Lambs
The Kids in the Hall

woot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Did not like. It was enjoyable seeing Stringer Bell back in action though.

He's also in Luther, a BBC crime drama show on Netflix.

knows a black guy posted:

S2E1 of The IT Crowd is like the most perfect half hour of comedy for me, I've watched it so many times.

Also my favorite episode. It comes together like a perfect Seinfeld show.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

S2E1 of The IT Crowd is like the most perfect half hour of comedy for me, I've watched it so many times.

It really is fantastic. I also really like the one with the bank robbers. Every episode has good laughs, but those two loving slay me. I love that goddamn show.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I mainlined all of season series 1 tonight and got to the start of series 2 to see if this was correct.

It is correct.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Way of the Gun was criminally underrated. It was very funny.

Ryan Phillipe delivers the line of his career in the beginning there just before the giant fight.

IF YOU DON'T SHUT THAT oval office'S MOUTH I'MA COME OVER THERE AND FUCKSTART HER HEAD

Highly recommended.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Just watched Transcendental Man last night, a documentary about Ray Kurzweil and the singularity. Very entertaining.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.
Seasons 13 and 14 of South Park just went up. They've been free on the internet forever, but I've never really liked watching poo poo at my computer desk, so for me this rules.

And wow...The last 90 seconds or so of the Kanye West/fish sticks episode is one of the best things they've ever done.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Does anyone know when they might add newer seasons to the office and 30 rock? I know both of them have atleast 1 season that isn't on there yet.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

casual poster posted:

Does anyone know when they might add newer seasons to the office and 30 rock? I know both of them have atleast 1 season that isn't on there yet.

In the past they've added them right before or right after the next season debuts. Since they both just ended a season you're probably going to have to wait a while or get Hulu Plus.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I'm watching Uwe Boll's Postal. You see Dave Foley's cock. So I guess there's that. Not much else.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
They just added their latest season of 30 Rock, so you probably have another year to go.

I want Community dammit.

And also, weren't we promised Frasier by now?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Not instant but gently caress it, go rent Bon Cop, Bad Cop if you can.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Looks like Below comes off Instant on 6/15 (next Wednesday). It was written by Darren Aronofsky and I've heard good things about it. I keep meaning to watch it, I'll make sure I put it at the top of the queue so I don't forget again, and try to watch it this weekend.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

particle409 posted:

I'm watching Uwe Boll's Postal. You see Dave Foley's cock. So I guess there's that. Not much else.

I hate to admit that I laughed harder at that movie than I should have, but mostly at sight gags. Uwe Boll in lederhosen. :psyduck:

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I want Community dammit.

And also, weren't we promised Frasier by now?

Dude, Frasier and Community would be amazing. I've never watched Community but I'd like to start, and having it on Instant would make it way easier.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
With all these great instant titles I haven't had time to watch the actual dvd's netflix has been sending me.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

casual poster posted:

With all these great instant titles I haven't had time to watch the actual dvd's netflix has been sending me.

We experienced the same thing so we reduced from the three-at-a-time plan down to the single disc plan. We also ditched cable a while back and haven't watched broadcast television in months. $10.49 per month total for our TV watching :hehe:

Thanks for being awesome, Netflix!

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
Throwing another huge recommendation out there for SANTA SANGRE. I admit, it starts a little slow and you can't really tell where it is going, but it is truly one of the greatest film I have ever seen. I've just never seen anything like Jodorowsky's films. I'd seen the Holy Mountain some time ago and loved it, but this is something else altogether. If you like anything violent, weird, disturbing, mind-bending, and bizarre, you will love this film.

BASIC SYNOPSIS: A young boy who travels with his family's circus helps his mother, an amputee who leads a blasphemous cult, seek revenge on those who have wronged her in a bustling city full of transvestites, pimps, drug addicts, deformed people, and classical theater performers.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

casual poster posted:

We're on the one-disc plan, but they recently screwed something up at their end and started sending us discs before getting ours back. Not more than one at a time, but either someone at the warehouse is getting over-eager or they just started assuming we're gonna keep the same rhythm up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Chinaski posted:

We experienced the same thing so we reduced from the three-at-a-time plan down to the single disc plan. We also ditched cable a while back and haven't watched broadcast television in months. $10.49 per month total for our TV watching :hehe:

Most days I fear we're living in the Wild West of the internet and this will all come crashing down soon with various anti-neutrality paywalls and exclusivity deals.

Chalk me up as another who hasn't watched a Netflix DVD in ages. I think The Kids Are Alright has been sitting on my bedside table for about 2 months.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

feedmyleg posted:

Chalk me up as another who hasn't watched a Netflix DVD in ages. I think The Kids Are Alright has been sitting on my bedside table for about 2 months.

Chinatown, kitchen table, ship date August 20th, 2010. :)

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

Chinaski posted:

I'm still on the 2 disc plan, I like to get 1 disc of a TV show and 1 movie at a time. Although I usually have each disc for 1-3 weeks.

Also in case anyone is considering getting Huluplus to supplement netflix, they still have ads on the TV shows. Its really annoying. We have a free month of it and none of us want to keep it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Merou posted:

I'm still on the 2 disc plan, I like to get 1 disc of a TV show and 1 movie at a time. Although I usually have each disc for 1-3 weeks.

Also in case anyone is considering getting Huluplus to supplement netflix, they still have ads on the TV shows. Its really annoying. We have a free month of it and none of us want to keep it.

I disagree, I bought it after the seven day free trial. 60 seconds worth of ads and eight bucks a month is a small price to pay to get The Daily Show, Colbert Report, up to date Parks and Rec and 30 Rock.

VVV A lot of shows are available for free on various websites but a lot of people (myself included) hate sitting around the computer to watch TV.

Jibo has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Jun 9, 2011

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Jibo posted:

I disagree, I bought it after the seven day free trial. 60 seconds worth of ads and eight bucks a month is a small price to pay to get The Daily Show, Colbert Report, up to date Parks and Rec and 30 Rock.

There are definitely reasons to get H+ for $8/month, but Daily Show and Colbert are both available for free on their respective websites.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I canceled Dish in January and have been using Hulu Plus since then without many complaints. Commercials are short and you cant really beat it for $8 a month. I'd recommend a Roku player to anyone if you want a ton of other free poo poo to watch.

Also started watching Blue Velvet last night. I've always heard it was a really good movie but so far I've found it incredibly boring. Maybe it is just Lynch because I fell asleep during Eraserhead.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Jibo posted:

VVV A lot of shows are available for free on various websites but a lot of people (myself included) hate sitting around the computer to watch TV.

Wait a minute, are you saying huluplus can we watched from your tv?! Can I set it up on my ps3? I would get that so fast.

feedmyleg posted:

Definitely give that movie a shot, its really good.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I did the trial of H+ just for my ps3 and the amount of things you can't watch on your PS3 was enough for me to cancel it the same day.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

casual poster posted:

Wait a minute, are you saying huluplus can we watched from your tv?! Can I set it up on my ps3? I would get that so fast.

Yes, we have it on our PS3. I have a 360 but I'm not sure its on that. Probably is though.

The commercials just bug the poo poo out of me, maybe its because I haven't watched actual TV since Lost ended. We never got cable when we moved here 2 years ago, its been all netflix. I think the most annoying part of the commercials is they slip one last one in just before the credits when theres about a 30 second clip left after the show ended. I don't think they have them for movies though.

Edit: theres stuff you can't watch on hulu for ps3? Are you sure you went to the view all part of the browse menu? I haven't used the actual website so I don't know whats missing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hulu Plus works on PS3, 360, and Roku. The only thing I've seen that needs to be watched on a computer is Community which isn't available anywhere else streaming anyway.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Medullah posted:

Chinatown, kitchen table, ship date August 20th, 2010. :)

Well drat, that even beats my personal record of Escape from New York at 7 months.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Well drat, that even beats my personal record of Escape from New York at 7 months.

I've had Pineapple Express for closing in on 3 months. I don't know why I haven't watched it, it's just sitting right next to the DVD drive and I don't put it in. And there are movies on my DVD queue that I actually do want to see.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

OgreNoah posted:

I've had Pineapple Express for closing in on 3 months. I don't know why I haven't watched it, it's just sitting right next to the DVD drive and I don't put it in. And there are movies on my DVD queue that I actually do want to see.

My problem is that I select my next DVD when I'm in the mood to see that movie. By the time it gets there, I'm no longer in that mood and want to see something else.

Plus, you know, Netflix Guilt :argh:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I think I had In The Mood For Love for approximately 1 year and 4 months. I can't check because I stopped DVD service on mine and finally returned that and Chungking Express. :v:

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Sometimes I just send my movie back even if I haven't watched it yet, just to, you know, get something else that I won't watch.

Definitely going to try hulu+ on my ps3 though.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

I think I had In The Mood For Love for approximately 1 year and 4 months. I can't check because I stopped DVD service on mine and finally returned that and Chungking Express. :v:

Psh... I had Heat for years because the disc was missing (some kid in my house did something with it) and I was too lazy to report it. A good chunk of that was before streaming too.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.
Did anyone else see the news story a few weeks back about how Netflix instant streaming to consoles now accounts for something like thirty percent of all internet traffic.

loving insane.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

A Nice Boy posted:

Did anyone else see the news story a few weeks back about how Netflix instant streaming to consoles now accounts for something like thirty percent of all internet traffic.

loving insane.

Yes, but it was not entirely accurate.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Holy crap, their bandwidth bills must be incredible.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

casual poster posted:

Holy crap, their bandwidth bills must be incredible.

on the other hand, their $600M in yearly postage costs are going down.

The new web interface for instant is TERRIBLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Malloreon posted:

on the other hand, their $600M in yearly postage costs are going down.

The new web interface for instant is TERRIBLE.

Why the hell are they making me mouse over and wait over every film to see its rating? It really is just awful. It should revert to the old view if it detects you are browsing from a desktop OS.

• Locked thread