Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

In butterfly instead of pushing off with edges while down to cover ground little waddle lifts are used to move side to side. Great for small adjustments where you don't want to open up down low but not the best for post to post movement. Really minor correction, no worries.

You'll also see that move referred to as knee shuffling. I'm definitely guilty of doing this too much, but it does keep you in the play even if it's nowhere near as effective as butterfly slide for travelling larger distances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm actually the polar opposite. I'll often pick up a leg to shuffle across even when I should obviously keep it down. Ask me about fivehole goals :q:

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Bradf0rd posted:

And finally I'm getting some of those pictures and videos up.

Critique away! :)

You play like a roller goalie as far as lazy T-pushes and kind of jumping onto your pads/knee-shuffling instead of pushing and sliding. Be more explosive with your movements. That will come with getting confidence in your edges. The best way to get more confidence in your edges is to do lame T push and recovery drills over and over by yourself if you ever have free ice. Slow each move into its parts (track, rotate, load, push). Do each one explosively, pausing inbetween.

A couple of times you made some tough saves with your glove at full extension that would have been much easier saves if you were out on the angle. Again, once you get more confidence with your slides and T pushes, you'll be comfortable coming out farther to challenge.

Work on getting your stick on low shots. Ideally the only shots along the ice that hit your pads are screens, deflections, and absolute last minute reaction saves. "Pad Save to the Slot" should have been "Stick Save to the Corner." It's one thing if you are unable to get your stick on it and still make the pad save, but on that shot specifically it didn't look like your stick moved at all to try to deflect the puck.

The heel of your skate blade should never touch the front or outside of the post. Keep your skate blade against the inside of the post when the puck's under the goal line. This will make a more confident seal and let you get some more oomph on pushes out to the front.

Did your toe tie come undone when your pad got stuck? Your pad should always rotate back into place if your toe tie is intact. You're asking for a knee injury if it's always like that.

There's lots of good stuff despite my nitpicking. I have no idea how you stayed focused enough on Like Whoa to follow the puck off the bar and swat it away. I had to replay it a couple times to even see what happened.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
Woot my combo came in and I love it. It's a lot lighter and thinner than what I was expecting.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

titanium posted:

Pad Save to the Slot
Make sure you're using your skate edges to move around the net, it looks like you Roy shuffle a lot which is fine for smaller movements but not as efficient and fast as digging in. Noticed this with the vid where plays going on behind the net too.

Trip, shovel push his skates from behind with the stick on the ice. If he's the only one in close and is screening, stick in front of him push with glove (if you must). Some good glove shoves arent bad if you know they're looking to tip, you'll be close to the point of deflection which cuts down angles and you get to give some back.

Overall you're looking good, hands are solid, look patient, the "like woah" video you keep eye contact perfectly, maybe work on your movement while down/up. You for sure look ready to play the next level up from those skates.

Thanks. I've been trying to actually push while in the butterfly and can do it on my own, but as the play goes, I completely forget about it. I've been noticing other moments where I'll push instead of shuffle without thinking and then after the play is done I go, "Whoa, I just did it the right way," so apparently I'm learning but it's still taking some time.

Aniki posted:

On the "Positioning" video it looks like you may want to work on your behind the net play. You do a good job of trying to cut off the passing lane, but you were lucky that your D was able to clear the puck, because you were completely out of position. You may want to try guarding the post with your body positioned more at angle and then you'll want to follow the pass either on your feet or with a butterfly slide. Alternatively, this is a good instance to use the VH, since it would put you in position to guard against the wraparound and then be able to quickly push off of the post to take away the low shot with a butterfly slide. The VH definitely has it's issues, but for tight plays where you need to potentially move cross crease quickly, then it can be a good save selection.

I've been working on that VH too, but it's just not something I do without thinking yet. I have some videos lying around where you can see me cover the post and then realize that it's a good time for the VH so I go into it. Honestly, the league I'm in is probably worse for me as I rarely get burned on my bad habits like covering the post or the Roy shuffle.

The back hunching was probably being worn out. That yellow team had four ringers on it who could all skate five minute shifts so it was usually five minutes of me getting shelled. Against that team I'd have 40-50 shots on me.

ManicJason posted:

You play like a roller goalie as far as lazy T-pushes and kind of jumping onto your pads/knee-shuffling instead of pushing and sliding. Be more explosive with your movements. That will come with getting confidence in your edges. The best way to get more confidence in your edges is to do lame T push and recovery drills over and over by yourself if you ever have free ice. Slow each move into its parts (track, rotate, load, push). Do each one explosively, pausing inbetween.

A couple of times you made some tough saves with your glove at full extension that would have been much easier saves if you were out on the angle. Again, once you get more confidence with your slides and T pushes, you'll be comfortable coming out farther to challenge.

Roller hockey is where I got my start and still play it every couple weeks. I constantly have to remind myself to 1.) drive my knees down and 2.) hands out/shopping cart. I'm going to do more t-push drills even if it means doing them in warm-ups. I don't need five minutes of them deciding to do breakaway drills at my water bottle...

I used to play a bit more aggressive, but then I started to get burned by the better skaters because I stopped pushing as I'd go into a butterfly and was just dropping down.

ManicJason posted:

Work on getting your stick on low shots. Ideally the only shots along the ice that hit your pads are screens, deflections, and absolute last minute reaction saves. "Pad Save to the Slot" should have been "Stick Save to the Corner." It's one thing if you are unable to get your stick on it and still make the pad save, but on that shot specifically it didn't look like your stick moved at all to try to deflect the puck.

The heel of your skate blade should never touch the front or outside of the post. Keep your skate blade against the inside of the post when the puck's under the goal line. This will make a more confident seal and let you get some more oomph on pushes out to the front.

Not as an excuse for not using my stick more, but that was just before I gave up on that giant Koho stick. I'd started using it, posted some pictures in this thread and a few of you guys said it looked too big and I somewhat agreed. After watching some video, it was obviously too big so I'm back to the Reebok and it's working a lot better, so thanks!

I'll try keeping the blade inside. I always felt putting it to the outside gave me a better seal, but I did sacrifice any push-off doing that.

ManicJason posted:

Did your toe tie come undone when your pad got stuck? Your pad should always rotate back into place if your toe tie is intact. You're asking for a knee injury if it's always like that.

No, I'm dumb and don't use toe-ties. I never did with my other pads and now I'm getting a lot of over-rotation so it's time to learn.

ManicJason posted:

There's lots of good stuff despite my nitpicking. I have no idea how you stayed focused enough on Like Whoa to follow the puck off the bar and swat it away. I had to replay it a couple times to even see what happened.

Thanks! Please nitpick more if you find more things. I've never actually been coached so this is the closest I can get. As far as following the puck there, I was having one of those days where I was in the zone. I'll give partial credit to a 5-Hour Energy Max and the rest to me not wanting to lose in front of a fair number of spectators and half of the bar patrons above the rink.

I've got some more videos, but I seriously need to get some editing software to splice these together. That and I'm finishing up month-end close at work so I don't have too much time until next week or so.

Dear Lord this is a giant wall of text. Sorry. :downs:

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
My last skate my toe ties ripped again. I had someone cut them off and played without them and I had no problems with over rotation. I think its just the way I have my strapping done. Yea I would have to nudge them back a little bit but they never like went totally out of place and exposed my leg or anything.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
can we rename this thread to something about Tim Thomas PLEASE

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Heres the 2nd half of the second session. This is mostly an awesome 3v3 drill where you're always seeing action and always gotta be alert along with some breakaway drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7-76KOEBI

I'm encoding 2 vids from todays skate with the same group right now with one more to follow those. I hooked up the camera in the back of the net so you'll see my positioning and movement better. Today they had planned to do more 3v3 stuff but cross short ice so theres 4 goalies +1 that leaves half way through. I'm really happy with todays vids. Cant wait to get them uploaded.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Heres the 2nd half of the second session. This is mostly an awesome 3v3 drill where you're always seeing action and always gotta be alert along with some breakaway drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7-76KOEBI

I'm encoding 2 vids from todays skate with the same group right now with one more to follow those. I hooked up the camera in the back of the net so you'll see my positioning and movement better. Today they had planned to do more 3v3 stuff but cross short ice so theres 4 goalies +1 that leaves half way through. I'm really happy with todays vids. Cant wait to get them uploaded.

That sequence that you had between 3:35-3:40 is nuts. You did a good job of just getting your pad on the first shot and you made a great desperation save on the rebound. You do a great job of tracking the puck between 4:22-4:30. I think you hit the puck three times before it went over the net. Also, around 11:05 you make a nice looking save where you catch the puck after it is deflected off of your stick.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the footage from the back of the net. I can get a decent idea of your positioning from the POV footage, but I'm looking forward to getting a better look at your positioning. You seem to do a good job staying square to the puck and it's remarkable how many pucks you end up catching or trapping with your body. Do you feel that these skates and the footage has helped your game at all?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

T-Bone posted:

can we rename this thread to something about Tim Thomas PLEASE

Oh-kay :q:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those early goals are like spinach to popeye. It makes Timmy stronger. :colbert:

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Here we go. I'm the goalie in black for all these vids.

Here's 2 of the 3 from last night.

The first one here is warmups, the goalie in blue is from Slovenia in town before going for a tryout in Fargo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVpzcwyA7Us

This second vid is a mix of a number of goalies. Myself in black, navy blue and red are in highschool and the Slovenian goalie is 19. Me....I'm 28 haha.

It's interesting to see the different styles at work here. The goalie in blue and I are about the same height, he might be 1/2" taller than me. I play at least 1' or 1.5' further out of the crease than him.

Watch Reds standing foot movement, he's super notchy, quite fast and is good about moving to the posts after saves.

The navy blue goalie plays quite calm and his style seems more similar to mine.

Slovenian goalies style is kinda weird, he's big so he can play a bit more shallow but he seems to play a mix of the older style definitely leaning more to it than newer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxoLnQa9_8

titanium fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 9, 2011

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
So is it a bad idea to keep playing without toe ties? I didn't seem to have a problem with over rotation. I kind of want to try out that flex toe thing though.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Surfing Turtle posted:

So is it a bad idea to keep playing without toe ties? I didn't seem to have a problem with over rotation. I kind of want to try out that flex toe thing though.
I've been using the flex toe for almost all this season and it's been pretty good. I like being able to just quickly pull it through my skate and hook it up. Though I did have one of the parts that hooks onto your laces come loose from the elastic band which meant my pad basically hanging loose at my toes and that kind of sucked because there wasn't anything I could do mid-game to fix it.

Other than that they're good and I'd recommend them to someone else to get.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

real_scud posted:

I've been using the flex toe for almost all this season and it's been pretty good. I like being able to just quickly pull it through my skate and hook it up. Though I did have one of the parts that hooks onto your laces come loose from the elastic band which meant my pad basically hanging loose at my toes and that kind of sucked because there wasn't anything I could do mid-game to fix it.

Other than that they're good and I'd recommend them to someone else to get.

I may look into it. I really want it for the convenience I havent really found me being like I really need toe ties.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

titanium posted:

It's interesting to see the different styles at work here. The goalie in blue and I are about the same height, he might be 1/2" taller than me. I play at least 1' or 1.5' further out of the crease than him.

Thanks so much for these videos. I much prefer the net cam videos over the helmet cam as far as watching mechanics. You, the red goalie, and the numbers goalie all have awesome mechanics.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Surfing Turtle posted:

What is this flex toe thing you speak of?

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Basically just bungee cord with clips on the ends to attach to your laces.

http://flextoe.com/

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Here we go. I'm the goalie in black for all these vids.

Here's 2 of the 3 from last night.

The first one here is warmups, the goalie in blue is from Slovenia in town before going for a tryout in Fargo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVpzcwyA7Us

This second vid is a mix of a number of goalies. Myself in black, Slovenia in blue, Breck goalie is in red (they won the class A state tournament this year), and the navy blue with numbers goalie is from StPaul Academy. The Breck and SPA goalie are still in highschool and the Slovenian goalie is 19. Me....I'm 28 haha.

Watch Reds standing foot movement, he's super notchy, quite fast and is good about moving to the posts after saves.

The SPA goalie plays quite calm and his style seems more similar to mine.

Slovenian goalies style is kinda weird, he's big so he can play a bit more shallow but he seems to play a mix of the older style definitely leaning more to it than newer.

The red goalie is extremely fast, it's actually quite surprising to see how quickly he takes away space. He also has a very active stick. You definitely challenge aggressively and your movement is very fluid. Like you said, the Slovenian kid is big, but he's a bit clunky.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

ManicJason posted:

Basically just bungee cord with clips on the ends to attach to your laces.

http://flextoe.com/

I may give this thing a shot. When ordering from their site, if you're ordering "1" does that mean 1 pair or just one cord?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Aniki posted:

The red goalie is extremely fast, it's actually quite surprising to see how quickly he takes away space. He also has a very active stick. You definitely challenge aggressively and your movement is very fluid. Like you said, the Slovenian kid is big, but he's a bit clunky.

Yeah red is sharp, its too bad he's not bigger. He likes to chatter but to be fair he did win the state tourney, in the 3v3 mini tourney we played later he had Nick Bjugstad on his team (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick_bjugstad) and I had Taylor Matson (UofM's captain) on mine. We ran into them twice but emerged champs :D.

Regarding flex toes I've heard some bad things. It sucks to cut and step on laces but that usually only happens when they come untied. I'd recommend some wax laces and just knotting up at the toe bridge to a length you enjoy. I added a couple knots last night and think I finally found the perfect amount.

titanium fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 9, 2011

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Yeah red is sharp, its too bad he's not bigger. He likes to chatter but to be fair he did win the state tourney, in the 3v3 mini tourney we played later he had Nick Bjugstad on his team (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick_bjugstad) and I had Taylor Matson (UofM's captain) on mine. We ran into them twice but emerged champs :D.

Regarding flex toes I've heard some bad things. It sucks to cut and step on laces but that usually only happens when they come untied. I'd recommend some wax laces and just knotting up at the toe bridge to a length you enjoy. I added a couple knots last night and think I finally found the perfect amount.

With toe-ties I put one knot right at the toe bridge and a second knot about 2" below that. When I tie them, then I cross the laces through the first hole in the blade holder, then I bring the laces behind the blade holder, bring one lace over the other and pull it tight to create a psuedo-knot, then I tie the toe-ties with a double knot right near where I tie my skate laces. Like Titanium said, using waxed laces makes a big difference and you also want to use a shorter lace, like 84", so you don't have too much extra material flopping around. I'm also a bit of a dork and I like using yellow laces for my toe-ties, since they are easy to see.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Bradf0rd posted:

I may give this thing a shot. When ordering from their site, if you're ordering "1" does that mean 1 pair or just one cord?
It's for a pair, so you just need to add 1 to your cart.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

Surfing Turtle posted:

I may look into it. I really want it for the convenience I havent really found me being like I really need toe ties.
If you want to do it on the cheap, REI and places like that sell shock cord for pretty cheap. That's what I use. I don't have the little hooks, though, I tie a knot on top of my skates like with normal toe ties.

EDIT: Also, when I watched the videos, I personally found that red goalie didn't have great movement. I thought his T-pushes were great, but to me it seemed like he didn't get much on his butterfly pushes. It's just me, though, I guess.

coldwind fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 9, 2011

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

coldwind posted:

EDIT: Also, when I watched the videos, I personally found that red goalie didn't have great movement. I thought his T-pushes were great, but to me it seemed like he didn't get much on his butterfly pushes. It's just me, though, I guess.

I'd agree that he could use more umph on his lateral ground coverage, his stance is pretty tall (he's pretty short) so I don't know if that hurt his pushes or what. That's one area I feel pretty strong on which may be due to how far I play out. One thing I do need to work on is I catch myself just sliding laterally but not directly at the post too often while making saves or covering rebounds. That and general rebound control, playing organized pickup/shinny makes me pretty lax on swallowing up pucks with urgency.

titanium fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 9, 2011

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Playing unorganized shinny is literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me as an "aspiring" goaltender. It's bred so many terrible habits and general laziness that I'm just now starting to realize its extent.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Martytoof posted:

Playing unorganized shinny is literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me as an "aspiring" goaltender. It's bred so many terrible habits and general laziness that I'm just now starting to realize its extent.

It's fine if you reallly separate your brain before going or find a skate where everyones good and has played at a high level. Otherwise it's exercise and some practice tracking the puck. It's so bad for mental health and visualizing game scenarios though.

oddIXIbbo
Feb 25, 2009

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

coldwind posted:

If you want to do it on the cheap, REI and places like that sell shock cord for pretty cheap. That's what I use. I don't have the little hooks, though, I tie a knot on top of my skates like with normal toe ties.

The local general store (Target, Walmart or Meijer's for us midwest types) sells el-cheapo bungie cords with 1/8" thick metal hooks attached to very flimsy cord.

Buy shock cord
Buy crappy bungie
ditch the crappy cord, keep the metal hooks
add hooks to shock cord
-----------------
Cheap, unskate-over-able toe ties that literally pull your pads back to the center.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

titanium posted:

It's fine if you reallly separate your brain before going or find a skate where everyones good and has played at a high level. Otherwise it's exercise and some practice tracking the puck. It's so bad for mental health and visualizing game scenarios though.

It might be okay if you have a steady dose of both shinny for general exercise and repetition and then you have a steady dose of league to keep yourself focused and not having to worry about doing everything because you have no defense. If you play just one or the other I think it's pretty hard to get better.

I should sign up for a league, but at this point I think I'd be starting over in the beginners. Which is fine I guess. I can always move up after a season if I feel confident enough.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Martytoof posted:

It might be okay if you have a steady dose of both shinny for general exercise and repetition and then you have a steady dose of league to keep yourself focused and not having to worry about doing everything because you have no defense. If you play just one or the other I think it's pretty hard to get better.

I should sign up for a league, but at this point I think I'd be starting over in the beginners. Which is fine I guess. I can always move up after a season if I feel confident enough.

Totally agree,

Why would you have to start at beginners? You look ready to move up from the vids you pasted.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I mean that's just a guess on my part. I've got some horrible habits that I need to work out and maybe the speed of a beginner game woud give me time to analyze my play while it happens more than something higher up.

I need to replace my skates before I do anything at any rate. Someone offered me a pair of those retarded looking seethrough cowling Bauer Vapors for fifty bucks that I'm seriously contemplating just so I can actually stay on my feet. Ai ai ai.

I actually want to get some newer video of myself playing. I need to get some kind of video setup going. Have an old Hi8 camcorder that I just need a new battery for that I think will do the trick just fine though.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

oddIXIbbo posted:

The local general store (Target, Walmart or Meijer's for us midwest types) sells el-cheapo bungie cords with 1/8" thick metal hooks attached to very flimsy cord.

Buy shock cord
Buy crappy bungie
ditch the crappy cord, keep the metal hooks
add hooks to shock cord
-----------------
Cheap, unskate-over-able toe ties that literally pull your pads back to the center.
True. I don't like those hooks, though. Too...sharp. Not around my pads and skates, no sir.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My school just got approved and will be playing their first season in the ACHA next year wooo. Shooting for a 20-30 game schedule and I'm pretty sure I'll be the only goalie unless a freshman comes in so it should be nice and exhausting since I haven't played a full season competitively since high school/junior.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 10, 2011

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

T-Bone posted:

My school just got approved and will be playing their first season in the ACHA next year wooo. Shooting for a 20-30 game schedule and I'm pretty sure I'll be the only goalie unless a freshman comes in so it should be nice and exhausting since I haven't played a full season competitively since high school/junior.

Let me know if your team plays at ASU.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 10, 2011

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aniki posted:

Let me know, if your team plays at ASU.

Doesn't ASU run two teams, like a D1 and a D2 or something?

I doubt we would play the D1 team, but I guess the D2 team is possible. I'd imagine we're gonna stay reasonably local (we're in socal) since there are a lot of teams around here.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

T-Bone posted:

Doesn't ASU run two teams, like a D1 and a D2 or something?

I doubt we would play the D1 team, but I guess the D2 team is possible. I'd imagine we're gonna stay reasonably local (we're in socal) since there are a lot of teams around here.

I think they actually have three teams.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Martytoof posted:

I'm seconding this idea, but instead replace "shinny" with "the lowest league." I'd be careful starting really low, Marty as it let me keep my bad habits. If I'm doing something stupid, very rarely does anyone take advantage of it. I actually got better from playing drop-in this winter because the level was that much higher.

Along the same lines, I've been playing in net for the local inline rink mostly as a charity thing since they seem to almost always be short goaltenders for their league. I played last night and realized that it builds some really bad habits or destroys good habits. I was really thinking about how you guys said I needed to work on my pushes while in the butterfly so I got in the butterfly on a shot that was blocked and the ball went to my far-right. I was so proud of myself for picking up my left leg and going for the push...only to not really move. That and I hate roller hockey balls and the guys who know how to make them curve mid-shot. :argh:

Martytoof posted:

I need to replace my skates before I do anything at any rate. Someone offered me a pair of those retarded looking seethrough cowling Bauer Vapors for fifty bucks that I'm seriously contemplating just so I can actually stay on my feet. Ai ai ai.

When that skate came out I just attributed it to Nike being Nike and laughed at it. Then when Bauer got back on its own they created this:

While the idea behind the cowling for that increased angle on attack sounds great, that skate just looks hideous.

Ninja edit: titanium, I got all caught up at work so I finally get to watch your videos a bit later. :woop:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good points all around. Also:

I love the look of the new Bauer cowling. It's like the sexiest looking skate money can buy :q:

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Woohoo just ordered 2 goalie cut jerseys for my upcoming season. I like to stick to the CCM practice ones either the 2 tone or solid. I feel theyre not heavy and the fit is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Martytoof posted:

Good points all around. Also:

I love the look of the new Bauer cowling. It's like the sexiest looking skate money can buy :q:

I like the look of the cowling other than the white and gold. I'm aiming for this in my next skate:

Of course, I really like the more classic looking black skate and I'm rocking these right now:

Surfing Turtle posted:

Woohoo just ordered 2 goalie cut jerseys for my upcoming season. I like to stick to the CCM practice ones either the 2 tone or solid. I feel theyre not heavy and the fit is great.

I have been wearing the same two CCM goalie cut practice jerseys since I started playing seven years ago. Those things are the best. My league last season didn't give us a goalie cut so I got to rock the super-tight XXL jersey. :stare:

• Locked thread