Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

Masa posted:

This is a scene that for a long time I though was from Vietnam part of Forrest Gump, but very very obviously isn't: An American soldier in Vietnam is crawling through one of those little Vietcong tunnels and sees and kills someone, who turns out to be a kid. I don't remember if it was just a kid who wandered in there or a very young soldier, but either way the American soldier is upset about it. It's definitely not from Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Siege of Firebase Gloria, or We Were Soldiers.

Mouser.. posted:

Casualties of War ?

It turned out it wasn't Casualties of War, the only scene in a tunnel in that movie involves Michael J. Fox's feet dangling in from the top of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I caught a part of a movie on a bus. It was about a young woman and her child driving in a yellow Ford hatchback, when it breaks down outside of a house/barn. There's a crazed bloodhound on the premises that tries to attack them.

The dog can't break into the car, but it also means that the mother and the son are stuck inside this little car. It was an old movie, maybe from the 70s or 80s, so it was kind of like a proto-Phone Booth with a Hitchcock-ian feel to it.

It seemed that the husband of the woman was expecting her to get to the house while he was stuck in advertising meetings in New York, and when they don't return his calls for days in a row (despite being just yards away from the phone inside the house), he calls up the local police to investigate.

I had to get off the bus just as the local sheriff gets eaten by the dog, and I really want to know what happened next.

EDIT: VVVV Thanks!

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 29, 2011

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Cujo

PeppermintEgo
Feb 22, 2011

A movie where some guy gets in a car crash at the beginning of the film and then is reborn again as a dog and his family winds adopting him?

Larch Tote
Mar 10, 2007

...in the world.

PeppermintEgo posted:

A movie where some guy gets in a car crash at the beginning of the film and then is reborn again as a dog and his family winds adopting him?

Fluke! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113089/ So cute, so sad...

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

PokeJoe posted:

I'm looking for the title of a movie that watching event horizon just reminded me of.

It's a group of people on a spaceship or space station or something who recover a satellite that has a virus on it. The inside of the satellite cover has an American flag on it. The people on the ship start killing each other and such and towards the end some people left on the ship make the lights on the outside of it flash some code for "infection" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds a bit like a section from Ikarie XB-1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyraLxGHgzo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That looks like a pretty badass movie but it isn't the one I'm looking for, the one I'm thinking of is more recent and in color.

I might try to find that one though.

Stark
Jun 9, 2007
I remember seeing a movie on TV in the 90s. Based on what I remember of the visuals it was probably filmed in the early 90s/very late 80s. It was a sci-fi film and was on a spaceship/station. Gritty/dark in tone. Not very good. There was a dude with a robot arm (a cyborg/android?)

I can really only remember distinctly one aspect somewhere near the 3rd act, the sage like woman (who possibly had psychic abilities) from their group climbed up into some tubes so she can manually help sustain their life support (or something, who knows how this worked). She was slowly dying from radiation poisoning. I'm pretty certain she dies.

I apologize in advance for the dearth of plot information.

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009
I'm looking for an action movie I saw on British TV some time between 2000-2006. The protagonist was an adept martial artist, and was of East Asian descent. All I can remember from the movie is that there was one scene (in a restaurant?) where the bad guys had weapons hidden in the wall and there was another scene where a motorcyclist is kicked off their bike indoors and smashes a glass case. There may have been a scene outside of the restaurant that may or may not have existed in which some of the characters hid behind a row of cars whilst being shot at. Given that it was on a major TV channel and seemed quite high budget, I'm imagining that it was a Hollywood movie.

I've been trying to find this since I remembered about it in 2006 and it's just popped back into my head after watching Enter the Dragon.

I will be perpetually amazed if anyone can identify it from the scant details I can recall. Thanks!

Parachute
May 18, 2003

oceanside posted:

I'm looking for an action movie I saw on British TV some time between 2000-2006. The protagonist was an adept martial artist, and was of East Asian descent. All I can remember from the movie is that there was one scene (in a restaurant?) where the bad guys had weapons hidden in the wall and there was another scene where a motorcyclist is kicked off their bike indoors and smashes a glass case. There may have been a scene outside of the restaurant that may or may not have existed in which some of the characters hid behind a row of cars whilst being shot at. Given that it was on a major TV channel and seemed quite high budget, I'm imagining that it was a Hollywood movie.

I've been trying to find this since I remembered about it in 2006 and it's just popped back into my head after watching Enter the Dragon.

I will be perpetually amazed if anyone can identify it from the scant details I can recall. Thanks!

It sounds like it could be The Protector.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oceanside posted:

The bike indoors and smashes into a glass case sounds like "Rapid Fire" with Brandon Lee.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Stark posted:

I remember seeing a movie on TV in the 90s. Based on what I remember of the visuals it was probably filmed in the early 90s/very late 80s. It was a sci-fi film and was on a spaceship/station. Gritty/dark in tone. Not very good. There was a dude with a robot arm (a cyborg/android?)

I can really only remember distinctly one aspect somewhere near the 3rd act, the sage like woman (who possibly had psychic abilities) from their group climbed up into some tubes so she can manually help sustain their life support (or something, who knows how this worked). She was slowly dying from radiation poisoning. I'm pretty certain she dies.

I apologize in advance for the dearth of plot information.

I'm pretty sure that you're thinking of Lifepod which was a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's 'Lifeboat' IN SPACE...

She wasn't psychic but here's the blurb that I believe matches what you are thinking of.

The Internet posted:

Lifepod pilot Mayvene (CCH Pounder) is able to raise the shields around the surviving passengers but is unable to fully raise her own, and receives a massive dose of radiation. Mayvene spends the rest of the movie suffering the effects of radiation sickness until finally succumbing to it in the third act.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 1, 2011

Stark
Jun 9, 2007

Mouser.. posted:

I'm pretty sure that you're thinking of Lifepod which was a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's 'Lifeboat' IN SPACE...

She wasn't psychic but here's the blurb that I believe matches what you are thinking of.

Woah. I'm certain this is it.

This is funny because I love Lifeboat.

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009

Davros1 posted:

The bike indoors and smashes into a glass case sounds like "Rapid Fire" with Brandon Lee.

Judging from the trailer, I think that's it! Going to try and pick up it now. Thanks a lot!

Parachute posted:

It sounds like it could be The Protector.

Not this, but another movie I love. Thanks anyway!

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Mouser.. posted:

Wow, there is a scene from this movie that I remember distinctly from watching it on TV when I was a kid - the guy with the robot arm is a dwarf I think, and there is a part where they're talking about him selling his arm for a "few extra credits" or something like that. I've wondered quite a bit about what that movie was. Thanks.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I'm trying to find the name of a japanese 90s/00s drama about a girl and guy who shared the same name at school and people would tease them about it. They grow closer through adversity and then the guy dies. I remember the girl being in a snowy forest shouting his name and telling him all the things she never had the courage to say to him while he was alive. I only caught the last 30 minutes of it or so.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

TyChan posted:

I'm trying to find the name of a japanese 90s/00s drama about a girl and guy who shared the same name at school and people would tease them about it. They grow closer through adversity and then the guy dies. I remember the girl being in a snowy forest shouting his name and telling him all the things she never had the courage to say to him while he was alive. I only caught the last 30 minutes of it or so.

Love Letter, a beautiful film

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
There's a superhero-ish movie, not Kick-rear end but along those lines of being "realistic" or whatever. Came out some time in the mid 2000s. The only thing I remember is a part from the trailers where someone walks up to some armed guards and tells them not to try anything because he's a high class telekinetic and can make their heads explode, which he does. Then it turns out that the person has no powers and was just stalling so a sniper could get into place and shoot them.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a superhero-ish movie, not Kick-rear end but along those lines of being "realistic" or whatever. Came out some time in the mid 2000s. The only thing I remember is a part from the trailers where someone walks up to some armed guards and tells them not to try anything because he's a high class telekinetic and can make their heads explode, which he does. Then it turns out that the person has no powers and was just stalling so a sniper could get into place and shoot them.

The Losers - not superheroes, but ex-soldiers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480255/

Check the scene around 2:07 in this trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEeQEa6SZQM

Captain Equinox fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 4, 2011

slaphappy
Aug 4, 2007
I'm trying to find the name of a live-action short (10min) film that was often shown in between features on cable (HBO) in the early 80s. It begins with a man arriving at a large Victorian house to visit an associate/friend. He can't find his friend, but as he explores the house he learns that he's been doing some kind of weird film experiment. The tape from a large reel of film then comes alive and starts chasing the man around the house. Eventually, it catches up with him and eats him. The special effects are mostly stop-action and running the action in reverse. It was black-humored and quite creepy.

You'd think I could find it easy enough by googling, but no luck.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Recorded Live

Have a YouTube link, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Qeee8D2Ro

slaphappy
Aug 4, 2007

MachineryNoise posted:

Recorded Live

Have a YouTube link, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Qeee8D2Ro

That's it, much appreciated!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I think this might have been an episode of a tv show or something, I'm not sure.

A woman (I think it was a woman) is doing some cleaning in her house and she's cleaning the closet and there is a gun on the shelf in a box. Somehow the gun goes off and shoots her in the head, and then later she gets up and is still alive and seems fine, except for the fact she's got a bullet hole in her head.

The part I really remember is that she sticks a pencil or pen into the bullet hole to see how deep it is. I think it's at this point when she starts seeing visions of something. I don't remember what the visions were of, and I don't really remember any other details about it.

I've looked through every horror anthology show I could think of (Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, Night Visions, Tales from the Darkside) and couldn't find it.

It's not The Outer Limits - Living Hell even though the story is a bit similar (in that episode the guy gets shot in a robbery and goes to the hospital).

Any ideas?

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010

Barack Pwnbama posted:

I think this might have been an episode of a tv show or something, I'm not sure.

A woman (I think it was a woman) is doing some cleaning in her house and she's cleaning the closet and there is a gun on the shelf in a box. Somehow the gun goes off and shoots her in the head, and then later she gets up and is still alive and seems fine, except for the fact she's got a bullet hole in her head.

The part I really remember is that she sticks a pencil or pen into the bullet hole to see how deep it is. I think it's at this point when she starts seeing visions of something. I don't remember what the visions were of, and I don't really remember any other details about it.

I've looked through every horror anthology show I could think of (Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, Night Visions, Tales from the Darkside) and couldn't find it.

It's not The Outer Limits - Living Hell even though the story is a bit similar (in that episode the guy gets shot in a robbery and goes to the hospital).

Any ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revelations_of_Becka_Paulson Pretty sure it's that one.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Cleatcleat posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revelations_of_Becka_Paulson Pretty sure it's that one.

Yeah that's it! I don't know how I missed that on the episode summary list... Thanks!

Yurpdod
May 31, 2003

So can anyone identify any of these movies based on small sections of the movie posters?

They're all "classic" films, and I'm nearly positive that the bottom right is the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's a little contest for a local classic film festival later this summer.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
But that would be cheating :P

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I've been trying to find the name of this movie for months. I originally viewed it as a child probably around 1996-1999. It was in the same vein of the 3 Ninja's films. It was a child martial arts film about two children, a brother and a sister who end up in a situation where they have to beat up some generic bad guys. Their father appears and he is a ripped martial artist, I think he had a girlfriend too that also helped beat people up. I can't remember much about the film besides that it held a PG or PG-13 rating and was very similar to the 3 Ninja's films. I think part of the movie involved a factory where the kids end up fighting a bunch of generic henchman.

EDIT: Thanks to searching 1990s PG action films on Amazon I was able to find the film. It is called "Double Blast" and looks terrible.

Killfast37 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 9, 2011

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Lower left is Mildred Pierce.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Alright. Got another one. Possibly 2 more.

First one is a horror flick. These guys come across this abandoned house, and a cemetery right next door to it, of an old woman. They knock over the gravestone (or something to that effect) and it pisses off the dead woman, she wakes up and kills them one by one. I distinctly remember one scene where she was nailing one of the guy's hands to the floor.

Sounds corny, but, for some reason, I've been on a horror movie flick lately, and trying to recoup the older films I watched a long time ago.

Another one, this one is a bit difficult. I remember being entranced by an advertisement on the back of a TV Guide when I was younger, perhaps 10-12 year old age. It was a horror flick, the advertisement had a house at the top, and a zombie-like dog's head at the bottom. Been searching for the "poster" all over, and once I find the poster, I find the movie. I thought it was called "hell hound" or "Demon dog" .. but nothing is connecting when I look up the posters.

Difficulty of that one is that I never seen the movie (Mom wouldn't let me. :argh:) and I would like to. No biggie if no one nails it.

EDIT: remembered a third. Also a horror movie. Was shown on HBO, possibly one of those "direct-to-VHS" low budget movies. This one took place in a prison. late 80's, I believe. Prison is haunted by spirits of inmates that died at the prison. I remember one scene when a guy in isolation gets killed when the entire room heats up.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 10, 2011

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

trunkwontopen posted:

Another one, this one is a bit difficult. I remember being entranced by an advertisement on the back of a TV Guide when I was younger, perhaps 10-12 year old age. It was a horror flick, the advertisement had a house at the top, and a zombie-like dog's head at the bottom. Been searching for the "poster" all over, and once I find the poster, I find the movie. I thought it was called "hell hound" or "Demon dog" .. but nothing is connecting when I look up the posters.

It's not Cujo, right?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

trunkwontopen posted:

Maybe Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell?

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
Okay my friend and I were convinced this movie was Hellraiser: Inferno but we just watched the whole thing and were wrong. What we remember is that a man drives his car into a lake with his wife or girlfriend in the passenger seat and he drowns. The movie is him somehow reliving parts of his life or some alternate life as he's dying. At one point he vomits up an eel out of nowhere, then you find out at the end his corpse has an eel lodged in his throat. Also at one point he's in a room with this woman and is forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do with an object, and I'm pretty sure it was the Hellraiser box. Also definitely not Jacob's Ladder.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

trunkwontopen posted:

It's not Man's Best Friend, is it?

http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-59138/Man_s_Best_Friend.html

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

trunkwontopen posted:

How long ago were you 10-12? I think it would be easier to figure it out if we knew the approximate year you're talking about.

It's probably not this, but it is a TV movie with a sort of zombie-ish dog, though no house.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147857/

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Vomax posted:

Okay my friend and I were convinced this movie was Hellraiser: Inferno but we just watched the whole thing and were wrong. What we remember is that a man drives his car into a lake with his wife or girlfriend in the passenger seat and he drowns. The movie is him somehow reliving parts of his life or some alternate life as he's dying. At one point he vomits up an eel out of nowhere, then you find out at the end his corpse has an eel lodged in his throat. Also at one point he's in a room with this woman and is forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do with an object, and I'm pretty sure it was the Hellraiser box. Also definitely not Jacob's Ladder.

You guys where Close, it's Hellraiser: Hellseeker.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

LesterGroans posted:

It's not Cujo, right?

Nah, I actually checked that one out, and it didn't seem to fit the bill.

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell?

Nope. but that one looks really corny too.

Topper Harley posted:

It's not Man's Best Friend, is it?

http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-59138/Man_s_Best_Friend.html

Nope, if i remember that one correctly, wasn't that a cyber-dog of some sorts?

Detective Thompson posted:

How long ago were you 10-12? I think it would be easier to figure it out if we knew the approximate year you're talking about.

It's probably not this, but it is a TV movie with a sort of zombie-ish dog, though no house.

Yeah, that's not it either. I'm 31 now, so this was a good 20 some years ago. Funny thing, my mom is a hoarder, so I could probably tear her house apart and find that TV guide stashed somewhere.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?
Atomic Dog?

Straw Dogs? (Long shot, but this poster has a dog made of straw that looks kind of creepy on it)

http://www.horrorphile.net/images/straw-dogs-movie-poster22.jpg

Frankenweenie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087291/

Topper Harley fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 11, 2011

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Could it be this? Probably not, but a cool poster:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

trunkwontopen posted:

House on top, dog on the bottom.

Why, there's only one movie it could be!

(Actually can't be since it was released this year, but the poster was too perfect...)