Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

I just wanna see someone tackle a Clan 'mech into the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

LeschNyhan posted:

I just wanna see someone tackle a Clan 'mech into the void.

Fuckin' magnets, man. Fuckin' magnets.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

GIVE NO FUCKS, RUN OUT OF FUCKS AND GIVE LESS, and koop those clanners.

oh and troll the mech pilots and tell them at the end of the day the elementals were better warriors than they were

give them a massive :iceburn: clanners are heavily vulnerable to mind tricks.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 10, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Merry Marauder posted:

Fuckin' magnets, man. Fuckin' magnets.

A charge attack would force a totally valid piloting-or-float-away test for both parties. :ssh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

A charge attack would force a totally valid piloting-or-float-away test for both parties. :ssh:

advanced rules that even if a mech is destroyed it still counts for charges/dfas?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Groovy. Suddenly and apropos of nothing, I feel compelled to remind the goonmind that all the Clan Mechs have jump jets, while only the slow-rear end Wyvern does on the ComStar side.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

Groovy. Suddenly and apropos of nothing, I feel compelled to remind the goonmind that all the Clan Mechs have jump jets, while only the slow-rear end Wyvern does on the ComStar side.

Don't forget the Ring Out rule.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

the JJ posted:

Don't forget the Ring Out rule.

I don't think the goons can manage that, but if they did it would be par for the course I guess.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

cafel posted:

I don't think the goons can manage that, but if they did it would be par for the course I guess.

Well, also to not cause it for themselves while they've still got a shot at causing Clanner death.

It would have been interesting to have opened the first stage of the fight with a mass rush to Ring Out the Clanners on turn 2 or so. Wonder if an Elemental could've kept them 'in play' long enough to jet assist return. Still, it would've been tactically interesting to sacrifice a temporary loss in our comparatively smaller amount of firepower, mech for mech, as well as forcing them to be in this hex facing this direction at this time, setting things up for delicious... I dunno. Rear torso punches?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

the JJ posted:

It would have been interesting to have opened the first stage of the fight with a mass rush to Ring Out the Clanners on turn 2 or so. Wonder if an Elemental could've kept them 'in play' long enough to jet assist return. Still, it would've been tactically interesting to sacrifice a temporary loss in our comparatively smaller amount of firepower, mech for mech, as well as forcing them to be in this hex facing this direction at this time, setting things up for delicious... I dunno. Rear torso punches?

Well, I agree it would have been interesting if even one of the Clanners wasn't jump capable, or if more than two of the starting ComStar force were. As it is, barring terrible PSRs by the Horses, ComStar would just have been rushing to get themselves Elementaled even faster.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Wouldn't a Clanner call it a Vapor Eagle? Goshawk being the IS designation and all...

Not that I'm protesting, Vapor Eagle is a pretty darn silly name. :v:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

In this timeline it's designated the Skullfucker by the Clans. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

“Freebirth, why won’t they just die?!” Mechwarrior Twilight shouted over the comms, slamming her fist down on her command couch.

It was going to happen when I read that line, whether I wanted it to or not. :v:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I am... well... that is extremely well done. I must say that. I love the crab skitter.

On the other hand, well... this *is* Clan Hell's Horses... and... I want to argue against this. But I cannot. She is even in what appears to be a proper cooling vest.

:aaaaa:

edit: Perhaps Mechwarrior Twilight could destroy that crab if she had fingers instead of hooves. :v:

edit2: The devil take my reservations, that owns. I love lineless art.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 10, 2011

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

SynthOrange posted:

It was going to happen when I read that line, whether I wanted it to or not. :v:

Sparkle is a HH bloodname quiaff?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Longinus00 posted:

Sparkle is a HH bloodname quiaff?

Aff, now it is. :v:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

SynthOrange posted:

Hahaha yessssss.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

SynthOrange posted:

I'd hate that... if it wasn't so well done. :eng99:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

SynthOrange posted:

It's the Crab doing the "gently caress You" dance that really sells it. Well done.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

SynthOrange posted:

You can just taste the hate!

And that's why she can't hit for beans. Friendship may be Magic, but hatred is just not.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Whoever said it was right - the Crab images really are funnier when you imagine Zoidberg doing his dancing away noise in your head.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SynthOrange posted:

In this picture the crab walk looks more like the "Keep on trucking" image.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Bonus avatar version. "I am one of Hell's Horses, not Hell's Ponies!"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm not generally on board with the pony nonsense. But, I am on board with the I4 Crabwalk and it's too well done to complain especially since it's Hell's Horses and the pilot name and everything just fits, really.:golfclap:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Despair posted:

This is awesome.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Pack up this thread, it's all downhill from here.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I mean how could you possibly best creepy pony fanart in a totally unrelated thread?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Yeah, I mean how could you possibly best creepy pony fanart in a totally unrelated thread?

You seem to have forgotten this thread has a history of ponies and battlemechs.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Ilustforponydeath posted:

What?

For those not in the know, that character's name is Twilight Sparkle.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I think he's got some bias here :zoid:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Magni posted:

Wouldn't a Clanner call it a Vapor Eagle? Goshawk being the IS designation and all...

Not that I'm protesting, Vapor Eagle is a pretty darn silly name. :v:

Fixed. I do that all the time, and for a very good reason:

For a long time, up to and through the Twilight of the Clans, several Clan 'Mechs had only a single designation. The Vapor Eagle (Goshawk), Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron Born), Viper (whatever), Howler (Baboon) and several others (including the Kraken(Bane) I believe) had only one name.

Case in point: Mechwarrior Trent from book 1 of the Twilight of the Clans pilots a Cauldron Born, not an Ebon Jaguar, after his Timberwolf is destroyed. There is some inherent confusion with these designs, and I will tend to refer to them by their "only" name more often than not.

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fixed. I do that all the time, and for a very good reason:

For a long time, up to and through the Twilight of the Clans, several Clan 'Mechs had only a single designation. The Vapor Eagle (Goshawk), Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron Born), Viper (whatever), Howler (Baboon) and several others (including the Kraken(Bane) I believe) had only one name.

Case in point: Mechwarrior Trent from book 1 of the Twilight of the Clans pilots a Cauldron Born, not an Ebon Jaguar, after his Timberwolf is destroyed. There is some inherent confusion with these designs, and I will tend to refer to them by their "only" name more often than not.

The "Cauldron Born/Ebon Jaguar" name thing is weird, only the Jags call it the Ebon Jaguar, everyone else uses the IS designation that was given long before Twilight of the Clans, in the battle of Luthien.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

elitebuster posted:

The "Cauldron Born/Ebon Jaguar" name thing is weird, only the Jags call it the Ebon Jaguar, everyone else uses the IS designation that was given long before Twilight of the Clans, in the battle of Luthien.

Trent was a Smoke Jaguar.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned a very important lesson about giant walking warmechs...

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

PoptartsNinja posted:

Trent was a Smoke Jaguar.

BATTLETECH!!!!
They can't even follow their own backstory!

Sarna.net posted:

Ironically, the Clan Smoke Jaguar 'Mech that was intended to replace the Loki was not referred to by its Clan designation, Ebon Jaguar, by other Clans as it was still so new that many Clans just called it by its Inner Sphere designation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

elitebuster posted:

BATTLETECH!!!!
They can't even follow their own backstory!

To be fair, the Cauldron Born design actually changed right around the time it picked up the Ebon Jaguar name.

It used to look like this, way back when (and even appeared like this in Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries):

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So has ComStar gone ahead with re-introducing the Gauss rifle to the IS? Cause if so I can finally write that Hollander writeup I promised.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

Bonus avatar version. "I am one of Hell's Horses, not Hell's Ponies!"

I might just have to take that offer...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SynthOrange posted:

This is awesome. As others have said, it's really the Crab's "gently caress you" scuttle that sells the whole thing.

On an unrelated note, orders sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I sent mine in too, and I think Threshold sent his in too. :confuoot:

• Locked thread