Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I just walked to the store to get the ingredients for the burgers and forgot the loving cheese. I can't go back into the grocery store because I have depression. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Dodgeball posted:

I just walked to the store to get the ingredients for the burgers and forgot the loving cheese. I can't go back into the grocery store because I have depression. :smith:

But that's silly! Going to the grocery store is easy! You just walk right in and there you are!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

BitterAvatar posted:

But that's silly! Going to the grocery store is easy! You just walk right in and there you are!

Not if you have depression. :smith:

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
I actually just made flavorburgers last night. I've got to admit, I was just a little bit disappointed.

I was hoping based on the name that these would be flavorful enough to not require any kind of extra dressing, just put the cooked patty on the bun and eat. I ended up needing a little S&P and some extra mustard. Maybe I need to up the ingredients:meat ratio next time.

They also crumbled as I cooked them, but that might be my fault. I might need to press the patties more.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

McGravin posted:

I actually just made flavorburgers last night. I've got to admit, I was just a little bit disappointed.

I was hoping based on the name that these would be flavorful enough to not require any kind of extra dressing, just put the cooked patty on the bun and eat. I ended up needing a little S&P and some extra mustard. Maybe I need to up the ingredients:meat ratio next time.

They also crumbled as I cooked them, but that might be my fault. I might need to press the patties more.

Add more cheese.

I JUST made these for the first time. I really liked them. They didn't blow my mind, but the start up time and cooking time combined were under 30 minutes. Made double stackers with lettuce, pickles and ketchup. I used 80-20 because my store didn't have 85-15, but I assume it's too close to matter. I also used a fancier mustard for the mixture.

Since I had a plastic spatula, and didn't want to snap it in two, I used a metal spoon to apply pressure to the top of the spatula when pressing the patty to the pan.

Not the best burger I ever had, but I will commit this recipe to memory.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
flavor burgers: real good

I used a ton of cheese because of the guys talking about them crumbling apart. I also think I used too much meat and/or heat; the insides were still pink when the crust was well done, had to zap it in the microwave for a few seconds

amazing recipe though, will make again. Looking forward to making the cookies too

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How do you think Flavor Burgers would stand to cooking on a grill?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Capsaicin posted:

How do you think Flavor Burgers would stand to cooking on a grill?

I made them yesterday on the grill and they were great. Just don't smash them on the grill, make big rough patties by hand.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Tried em on the grill with some shallots cup up real good into the mix, it was drat great. Can't wait to try the galaxy nachos.

tripwood fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 13, 2011

smr
Dec 18, 2002

choobs posted:

I have no interested in the chapbook, but the Cornelius and Nice Pete text pieces are almost always good. Has anyone re-subscribed and read them? Are they good or mailed in?

They're quite good. Cornelius' is about spending a night getting horribly poo poo-faced with Lyle and it's hilarious. Pete's is about his dad and about as depressing as that sounds, but well-written.

P-Frank
May 7, 2004

Crystal! Disco! Vampire! Deer!
Anyone ever work out what happened to Cookbook 2? I put in a pre-order in October 2009 I think.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

P-Frank posted:

Anyone ever work out what happened to Cookbook 2? I put in a pre-order in October 2009 I think.

Basically you're out the :10bux:.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

P-Frank posted:

What happened is he never published it and kept the money.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Dominion posted:

What happened is he never published it and kept the money.

Also he feels terrible about it but needs the income.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ashenai posted:

Also he feels terrible about it but needs the income.

He's sorry but he need about three fitty so buy the fanflow dogg.

Oneironaut
Aug 8, 2010

:33< *ac doesn't want to hear about your cr33py fantrolls.*
Maybe if you send him another $10 he'll feel double bad you don't get a cookbook.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Has he for serious said that it's not coming out and everyone is poo poo out of luck?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

mango sentinel posted:

Has he for serious said that it's not coming out and everyone is poo poo out of luck?

No, he hasn't concretely said a thing about it, but the store is closed and Achewood is effectively dead. He's basically just ignored it.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
No, but he did for serious write an entitled I'm Taking My Ball And Leaving good-bye essay itemizing the contributing factors to his hurt tummy, including "the internet devalues art" and "drawing a comic is a way stressful job" and of course "I'm a giant crying chump masquerading as an adult human". My favorite part was when he concluded the essay by asking for money instead of, as I felt would have been more appropriate, offering to monetarily compensate me for having read it.

Guy is too dumb, whiny, and depressed to even hire someone to handle his business poo poo for him.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Dominion posted:

No, he hasn't concretely said a thing about it, but the store is closed and Achewood is effectively dead. He's basically just ignored it.

The store closed long before Achewood officially died this year in Feb. About a year ago IIRC the store just up and vanished, and with it so did a poo poo load of people's preorders and more than a few orders that had been paid and never shipped.

Basically Onstad became a total piece of poo poo at some point. Its amusing to see him releasing a chapbook and outright begging for money though.

Its also funny to see how this thread has progressed, from the first among us to be screwed over by Onstad on orders/preorders never delivered nor refunded despite numerous attempts to contact being blasted by the diehards then the slow, painful realization by the faithful that it was true and the dude had gone complete rear end in a top hat at some point.

say no to bats fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 17, 2011

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The store existed in June of 2010...

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
the twelve step cookies turned out perfectly too

I really want to buy this cookbook now <__<

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
I made the 12 step cookies last night using cannabutter (weed butter) and they turned out so freaking awesome.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.

McJuicy posted:

I made the 12 step cookies last night using cannabutter (weed butter) and they turned out so freaking awesome.
the only problem is they're too rich and heavy to eat more than one or two at once

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Aeldaar posted:

the only problem is they're too rich and heavy to eat more than one or two at once

Well, some people are too heavy to eat more than one or two at once.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
They were pretty strong only one or two was necessary.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Man I wish I would someday get my cookbook but I'm not counting on it :(

Edit: I have 3 posts in this current 3, all of them referring to cookbook :smith:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Onstad just tweeted this:

Achewood on Twitter posted:

Achewood is resuming production. New Pat Reynolds rant at http://t.co/a1ePFpL

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Cool, let me just crack open my billfold and pay actual real dollars for this time-sensitive content :allears:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

My first instinct was to tweet back "Any news on the cookbooks?"

does this make me a troll?

Djolly
May 4, 2011

war. on drugs.

Manwithastick posted:

If it does, that's a pretty liberal definition of trolling.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Dominion posted:

So this is the... 3rd? we're back! ?

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Dominion posted:

I remain wary. In general, webcomics returning from hiatus have a bad track record for survival.

Actually, there's no "in general" about it. Achewood has been specifically bad about it.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

more tweetage:

quote:

Achewood formulating new storyline for free public site. I miss doing it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
beef starts a business, takes orders online, collects money, moves out of achewood
comic ends

:)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about this "return". I made flavour burgers the other day after a friend's picnic got rained off though and they went down really well. I waited until everyone had taken a bite before announcing that I got the recipe from a cartoon bear on the internet.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

ChuckDHead posted:

I remain wary. In general, webcomics returning from hiatus have a bad track record for survival.

Exactly. This is elementary webcomic physics. We'll get one inspired storyline out of Onstad's return. Then, once that's out of his system, we'll get half of another, in slower and slower updates, before dropping into another "hiatus".

I'm always happy to see new Achewood, but I'm not getting my hopes up any farther than they have to be.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Manwithastick posted:

No, and you should do this.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No, and you should do this.

I already did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gomi posted:

I already did this.

So did I and I didn't even order a book.