Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

If Hogan files a legitimate lawsuit while in WCW for being called a politician and a "big bald son of a bitch," then I'm sure he's not happy with being called a cokehead, cuckold, liar, cheat, backstabber, and so on.

He wouldn't care about any of those. Warrior did himself in by saying he has plugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grant DaNasty posted:

I want them to edit future releases of that Wrestlemania to where the match ends right after the pedigree, and it just goes directly to the next match.

With Vince planning to spend lots of money recently, Triple H asks him to invest in superior CGI/green-screen technology so he can have Zack Ryder dress up as Ultimate Warrior and they can do Wrestlemania XII, "The Way it was intended to be".

In the role of Triple H will be Drew McIntyre.

MassRayPer posted:

He wouldn't care about any of those. Warrior did himself in by saying he has plugs.

Jericho one time admitted to plugs.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Grant DaNasty posted:

I want them to edit future releases of that Wrestlemania to where the match ends right after the pedigree, and it just goes directly to the next match.
haha we may joke about this, but HHH did openly mention that match during the Sheamus feud. Man that was weird.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
EDIT: I have no idea why I brought up HBK. I need more/less drugs.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Perdido posted:

EDIT: I have no idea why I brought up HBK. I need more/less drugs.

Because he's awesome.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hogan would be pretty daft to sue, unless he was 100% clean over everything related to what Warrior said, because they would dig up so much embarrassing poo poo it wouldn't be funny.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LordPants posted:

Hogan would be pretty daft to sue, unless he was 100% clean over everything related to what Warrior said, because they would dig up so much embarrassing poo poo it wouldn't be funny.

This is Hogan when are talking about. As mentioned before he sued WCW over a sort of work.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

Jericho one time admitted to plugs.

bullshit

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Reading everything about how indy promotions don't really make money, does WWE make money through FCW?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Invalid Validation posted:

Reading everything about how indy promotions don't really make money, does WWE make money through FCW?
There's a difference between an actual indy covering cost / coming out slightly ahead and being willing to lose money on a developmental system if it pays future dividends.

Granted, in FCW's case they're gonna lose money on account of nobody trained through their system is ever gonna draw on the WWE roster but that's a different story completely.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You'd think they would just make their own school and let the vets teach it.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

You'd think they would just make their own school and let the vets teach it.

But will the nxt breakout star be tough enough?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I remember when Razor Ramon was debuting, he'd cut promos on Randy Savage, challenging his manhood etc.

However I don't remember them having any matches, is this right? If they did, what shows / PPVs were they and how good?

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I remember when Razor Ramon was debuting, he'd cut promos on Randy Savage, challenging his manhood etc.

However I don't remember them having any matches, is this right? If they did, what shows / PPVs were they and how good?

Ric Flair and Razor Ramon vs Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect, Survivor Series '92. When Warrior quit/was fired they had Perfect turn face on Flair, with Ramon taking his heel spot.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I believe Razor also interfered in the house show match where Savage lost the title to Flair.

When's the last time they did a house show title change? I seem to remember them hot-potatoing the Euro belt on some of the overseas tours, as well as Edge winning the IC title from Jeff Jarrett right before some PPV. That's going back a bit though.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Minidust posted:

I believe Razor also interfered in the house show match where Savage lost the title to Flair.

When's the last time they did a house show title change? I seem to remember them hot-potatoing the Euro belt on some of the overseas tours, as well as Edge winning the IC title from Jeff Jarrett right before some PPV. That's going back a bit though.

There was a live event in Paris, France where Mickie James won the belt in a triple threat match but Melina somehow got it back before the night was over. This was in 2007.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Minidust posted:

The last one I can see is the Tag Title change in December 2008 when Miz & Morrison beat Punk & Kofi. Unless you count TNA who unsurprisingly seem more keen on the idea and changed the X-Division champion twice at house shows in 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_show

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Nunzio won the Cruiserweight title at a house show in Italy.

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
I know this might be an old question, but what led to Iron Sheik's hatred of B. Brian Blair? Was there a specific impetus, or did he just not like his attitude?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This is a weird question but I just wanted to know. Has there ever been an angle in the WWE where like there were a champion and a challanger having a feud, and in the middle of the feud the champion loses the belt to another person by no fault of the challanger?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Suben posted:

Nunzio won the Cruiserweight title at a house show in Italy.

I have a bunch of tabs open and thought this was the spoiler thread and I was so happy for a second.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

This is a weird question but I just wanted to know. Has there ever been an angle in the WWE where like there were a champion and a challenger having a feud, and in the middle of the feud the champion loses the belt to another person by no fault of the challenger?

I hope not, because that sounds like awful booking.

edit: unless you count Raven losing the US title to Goldberg during Raven's feud with DDP. No wait, that was kinda bad booking too.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Perry Normal posted:

I have a bunch of tabs open and thought this was the spoiler thread and I was so happy for a second.

Over the fact that the WWE has a Cruiserweight Title again, or the fact that they rehired Nunzio?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wasn't Christian more or less still in the middle of a feud with Del Rio when Orton won the belt?

I'm probably remembering wrong but the whole thing seemed weird to me.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

rotinaj posted:

Over the fact that the WWE has a Cruiserweight Title again, or the fact that they rehired Nunzio?

Nunzio still works there. As a ref.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wasn't Christian more or less still in the middle of a feud with Del Rio when Orton won the belt?

Not really, Del Rio had already left for Raw. The blow off match was the ladder one where Christian got the title.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Christian more or less took the reigns on the face side of the Edge/Del Rio feud, then the draft happened and ADR was Raw-bound (apparently his entire SD run was to build him for a move to Raw?) and Orton was on Smackdown as an imported topcard face, so naturally he had to hold the title by default. Compounding matters, with ADR's departure went the only mid-to-topcard heel on Smackdown. So for ADR's final Smackdown match at ER, Christian wins the title, blowing off the feud because ADR's on Raw now and it was a vacated title so there's no rematch clause anyhow. Enter Orton. A month later he's heel.

Short answer: Not exactly

e: beaten like a gubmint mule :bahgawd:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Both. Though I enjoy seeing him ref. I'm happy he's got work.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrMondayNight posted:

Nunzio still works there. As a ref.

But not as someone who can win titles.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Grant DaNasty posted:

Or something like this?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Funk posted:

Christian more or less took the reigns on the face side of the Edge/Del Rio feud, then the draft happened and ADR was Raw-bound (apparently his entire SD run was to build him for a move to Raw?) and Orton was on Smackdown as an imported topcard face, so naturally he had to hold the title by default. Compounding matters, with ADR's departure went the only mid-to-topcard heel on Smackdown. So for ADR's final Smackdown match at ER, Christian wins the title, blowing off the feud because ADR's on Raw now and it was a vacated title so there's no rematch clause anyhow. Enter Orton. A month later he's heel.

Short answer: Not exactly

e: beaten like a gubmint mule :bahgawd:

Fair enough. What about Hogan showing up and winning the world title from Yokozuna in the middle of his feud with Bret Hart? I remember seeing that as a kid and thinking it was such bullshit because I knew Bret wouldn't get a rematch to get his belt back and Hogan seemed to come out of loving nowhere for no reason.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Fair enough. What about Hogan showing up and winning the world title from Yokozuna in the middle of his feud with Bret Hart? I remember seeing that as a kid and thinking it was such bullshit because I knew Bret wouldn't get a rematch to get his belt back and Hogan seemed to come out of loving nowhere for no reason.

Yeah I guess that does count, although I always thought, even though i didn't actually see WWF at this time, that it was the ending of the feud between Bret Hart and Yokozuna.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I guess that does count, although I always thought, even though i didn't actually see WWF at this time, that it was the ending of the feud between Bret Hart and Yokozuna.

It certainly was once Hogan inserted himself into it randomly, yeah. I don't know if there was more to the story as to why that played out the way it did or not but I like I mentioned before even as a kid I knew it was some sort of bullshit shenanigans. I don't think that would have been the end of the feud had Hogan not gotten involved.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

This is a weird question but I just wanted to know. Has there ever been an angle in the WWE where like there were a champion and a challanger having a feud, and in the middle of the feud the champion loses the belt to another person by no fault of the challanger?

The first one that comes to mind is Bret in 1997 when he had the title and was feuding with Stone Cold before Wrestlemania. Bret lost the title to Sid in a cage match on Raw. Austin had even tried to help Bret win it so their match at WM could be for the championship.

Not awful booking at all. It was excellent booking because it added to Austin and Bret's feud, and their match didn't need to be for the title. Austin was majorly pissed off at Bret for losing the match. And Bret losing the title furthered the downward spiral that his career was becoming. It led to a long angry whiny cursing tirade from Bret which was the catalyst for the double turn at WM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A02sILrNXIA

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 11, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Super Ninja Fish posted:

The first one that comes to mind is Bret in 1997 when he had the title and was feuding with Stone Cold before Wrestlemania. Bret lost the title to Sid in a cage match on Raw. Austin had even tried to help Bret win it so their match at WM could be for the championship.

Not awful booking at all. It was excellent booking because it added to Austin and Bret's feud, and their match didn't need to be for the title. Austin was majorly pissed off at Bret for losing the match. And Bret losing the title furthered the downward spiral that his career was becoming. It led to a long angry whiny cursing tirade from Bret which was the catalyst for the double turn at WM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A02sILrNXIA

Bret won the title at Final Four and Austin directly cost him the title the next night on Raw (Bret had Sid in the sharpshooter and Austin hit him with a chair). That was what led to Bret vs. Austin being signed for WM. So the cage match with Austin trying to help Bret win (which I just vaguely remember) must have been Sid defending.

edit- Doesn't take away from your overall point, though. It was excellently booked.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Perry Normal posted:

Bret won the title at Final Four and Austin directly cost him the title the next night on Raw (Bret had Sid in the sharpshooter and Austin hit him with a chair). That was what led to Bret vs. Austin being signed for WM. So the cage match with Austin trying to help Bret win (which I just vaguely remember) must have been Sid defending.

edit- Doesn't take away from your overall point, though. It was excellently booked.

Austin was supposed to win at final four but it got rebooked on the fly when he tweaked his knee. From the wiki

quote:

The next night on Raw, Hart defended his newly won WWF Championship against Sycho Sid. Hart's fourth reign lasted only one day as Austin interfered in the match and helped Sid in defeating Hart to get the win and the title.[8] Undertaker was named the number one contender to the WWF Championship. On March 17 edition of Raw, Hart and Sid faced each other in a rematch for the title which was contested in a steel cage. The stipulation was that the winner would defend the WWF Championship against their scheduled opponent (Sid's being the Undertaker, Hart's being Austin) at WrestleMania 13. Undertaker and Austin both interfered in the match. Undertaker helped Sid because he wanted to wrestle Sid for the title while Austin helped Hart because he wanted the no disqualification submission match between him and Hart to have the championship on the line. Sid won the match and retained the title.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Oh drat that's right. Bret had two matches on Raw against Sid around that time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't know if there was more to the story as to why that played out the way it did or not but I like I mentioned before even as a kid I knew it was some sort of bullshit shenanigans.

WWE was in a slump so Vince thought that just the thing to turn it around would be Hogan having the belt.

Edit: NM the copyright came up at the end of the video. :smug:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 11, 2011

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Are there any notable masked wrestlers whose identities are still unknown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LvK posted:

Are there any notable masked wrestlers whose identities are still unknown?

What do you mean? If you're talking about people who never unmasked, then yes. Just in Mexico, there's dozens of wrestlers who never lost their masks in the ring. But it's kinda hard to keep your real name secret in wrestling. Someone will say "Oh, that's Jim" to someone and boop, mystery solved.

But El Santo never unmasked, I don't think Hijo del Santo ever unmasked, The Great Sasuke is still wearing his mask in public appearances today, El Generico hasn't been unmasked(and stayed unmasked), and neither has Delirious.