Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Is it worth picking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, its funny as hell.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
At the end of The Devils Hand wouldn't the lead characters burn to death since they left their dolls in the fire? Do I need to spoil rifftrax movies?
I wish they could do more of these VODs, they are very handy. It would be awesome if you could download a commentary track to your blu ray player using BD live. I'm sure you'd need the companys permission to do that but would be decent idea.
Does any company own Ax'Em? I'd love to see them do that one just to see if they can make it in any way watchable.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

At the end of The Devils Hand wouldn't the lead characters burn to death since they left their dolls in the fire? Do I need to spoil rifftrax movies?
My friends and I assumed that after the evil doll seller died, the spell he had over the dolls was broken. Either way, I'm gonna try not to lose any sleep wondering things about that lousy movie.

I agree about the VOD movies, they're super convenient and I really enjoyed Voodoo Man and Planet of the Dinosaurs, and Crater Lake Monster was pretty good, too, in addition to Devil's Hand. The riffs tend to seem inherently funnier when it's a movie basically no one has seen and it's just a pack of nobodies on the screen- feels a lot more like MST3K.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just waiting for the first DVD/Bluray release that comes out with Rifftrax on it as a special feature. If Rifftrax keep going on for a long enough time I think it'll eventually happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another weird thing about The Devil's Hands is how it makes all the "Devil God of Evil Gamba" stuff look like its supposed to be a big fake cult but then Commissioner Gordon and Devil Lady have magic powers.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Which would be the best VOD Rifftrax?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Planet of the Dinosaurs. Its a really goofy 70s science fiction movie with a cast that's just awful enough to get good jokes in but not so bad that their acting makes it unwatchable. Which is a problem with some of the other VOD movies like Maniac or Voodoo Man.

An odd thing about Planet of the Dinosaurs is that one of the characters is designated as the "sexy" one but early in the movie they have another, better looking character who is unceremoniously killed off in the first 5 minutes.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Why couldn't the dinosaurfish have eaten the mustache guy instead :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

muscles like this? posted:

An odd thing about Planet of the Dinosaurs is that one of the characters is designated as the "sexy" one but early in the movie they have another, better looking character who is unceremoniously killed off in the first 5 minutes.

They did that twice in the film. First with the blonde who deployed her flotation devices, then with the rear end in a top hat executive dude's brunette secretary who got her belly dance on.

Both of the legitimately hot ladies get killed by dinosaurs, yet the love child of Andrea Martin and Gene Shalit survives as the romantic interest for Slab Bulkhead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Woo, thank you Twitter!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

That Planet of Dinosaurs movie is complete cheese and the riffing hilarious.

The cover however takes the cake:

:psyduck:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For those who haven't seen the movie, you know how corny and stupid that laser gun looks on the cover? It actually looks worse in the movie. Also, I'm fairly certain there are no knockoff X-Wings in the film as there's about 30 seconds of spaceship footage before the whole thing explodes.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I just got Planet Of The Dinosaurs but noticed I have 2 files, one says Planet Of The DinosaursLive Ticket, what's the difference?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Slasherfan posted:

I just got Planet Of The Dinosaurs but noticed I have 2 files, one says Planet Of The DinosaursLive Ticket, what's the difference?

Wasn't Planet of the Dinosaur one of their failed attempts at live streaming their Rifftrax through the internet (the other being that Bird Short from last November)?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Slasherfan posted:

They had Planet of Dinosaurs Live last month and you needed to buy a ticket to watch it online. Edit: Nevermind.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 9, 2011

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Watching The Last Airbender. My god this movie is painful. It makes me miss The Room

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So... Birdemic.

I think the effect was enhanced by the fact I've driven up the Pacific Coast Highway between Santa Cruz and San Francisco so drat many times. There's something hilarious about seeing horrible gifs attacking fat people outside that restaurant with the British bus outside.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

bobkatt013 posted:

Watching The Last Airbender. My god this movie is painful. It makes me miss The Room
It really is. I'm honestly in awe of Shyamalan. He made some great movies and has just become a joke, even more so than George Lucas because at least his movies made assloads of cash.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So... Birdemic.

Am I crazy to think Birdemic was worse than Manos?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

It is a possibility...

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

The best part of Planet of the Dinosaurs is that I had it on VHS as a little kid. Even then I knew it was a piece of poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Watching the Holiday Special. Its amazing in all the wrong ways. However, it is so so much better then The Last Airbender.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Watched Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny. Who the hell thought that movie was a good idea? Let's have Santa stuck in the hot sun for about 20 minutes then he'll tell the kids a story in which we'll cut to another awful movie we made. I like the way Santa tells a story of someone else telling a story.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Slasherfan posted:

Watched Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny. Who the hell thought that movie was a good idea? Let's have Santa stuck in the hot sun for about 20 minutes then he'll tell the kids a story in which we'll cut to another awful movie we made. I like the way Santa tells a story of someone else telling a story.
Wasn't it even more recursive than that? I'm sure at one point there were at least three layers of narration, like some horrible nightmare version of Inception.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

doctor 7 posted:

It really is. I'm honestly in awe of Shyamalan. He made some great movies and has just become a joke, even more so than George Lucas because at least his movies made assloads of cash.

The Last Airbender made assloads of cash. It grossed over 300 million dollars worldwide and outgrossed the first Xmen movie, Ghostbusters, Superman and every Austin Powers movie. There will almost definitely be a sequel.

This is the world we live in. The gods will not save us.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Payndz posted:

Wasn't it even more recursive than that? I'm sure at one point there were at least three layers of narration, like some horrible nightmare version of Inception.

It was Santa telling the story of some girl going to an amusement park and examining a diorama of Thumbelina. :psyduck:

If there was anything more to it than that, time has mercifully obliterated it from my memory.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Authorman posted:

The Last Airbender made assloads of cash. It grossed over 300 million dollars worldwide and outgrossed the first Xmen movie, Ghostbusters, Superman and every Austin Powers movie. There will almost definitely be a sequel.

Maybe, but I doubt M. Night will be in charge of it.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Payndz posted:

Santa was telling the story of a girl who went to Pirate World who was looking at a diorama of Thumbelina while the voice of the mole woman narrated the tale of Thumbelina (and subsequently her own) over a set of lovely speakers.

And somewhere there was a horrible bunny-thing that reminds us we are all trapped in a hellish nightmare in which there is no waking.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Authorman posted:

To be honest that's not a lot of money, considering it probably cost around 200 million dollars to produce and promote.(To compare the first Transformers movie also cost around 200 and brought in 700 million) It was also very poorly received by critics and audience.

The Last Airbender is not exactly a hot property, and a sequel would most likely tank. With Shyamalan or not. Then again stranger things have happened.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Watching the Holiday Special. Its amazing in all the wrong ways. However, it is so so much better then The Last Airbender.

I think the "Holiday Special" is second only to the "Transformers" movies as the worst things they've ever done as Rifftrax. It actually makes you long for the prequels.

Mister Kingdom posted:

"Manos" on it's own is a lot more painful than "Birdemic" on it's own, mostly because the latter has so many unintentionally hilarious scenes. "Manos" has nothing except for the occasional chuckle, and it's a miracle they turned that into one of the best MST3K episodes.

Also, this showed up about a week ago...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

I think the "Holiday Special" is second only to the "Transformers" movies as the worst things they've ever done as Rifftrax. It actually makes you long for the prequels.

"Manos" on it's own is a lot more painful than "Birdemic" on it's own, mostly because the latter has so many unintentionally hilarious scenes. "Manos" has nothing except for the occasional chuckle, and it's a miracle they turned that into one of the best MST3K episodes.

That movie was on the e-mail they sent out last year, which polled people on what movies they should riff for the next live show.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Santa was telling the story of a girl who went to Pirate World who was looking at a diorama of Thumbelina while the voice of the mole woman narrated the tale of Thumbelina (and subsequently her own) over a set of lovely speakers.

Don't forget the parts that were actually told to the mole woman by Mr. Bird after the event!

And there was a Narrator for the Santa segments implying the whole film was being told by somebody else to us! :lsd:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't forget the parts that were actually told to the mole woman by Mr. Bird after the event!

And there was a Narrator for the Santa segments implying the whole film was being told by somebody else to us! :lsd:

Is this Santa Claus as creepy as the child labor loving Santa in Santa Claus?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

WORSE

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

"Ice Cream Bunny" Santa due to the giant shitstain on the back of his suit. Actually, both had to get bailed out by really stupid characters (Ice Cream Bunny in one, senile, arthritic Merlin in the other)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I would say Child Labor Santa was creepier, but Ice Cream Bunny Santa was absolutely WEIRDER.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Redeye Flight posted:

I would say Child Labor Santa was creepier, but Ice Cream Bunny Santa was absolutely WEIRDER.

Come on, man. He sat partially clothed in front of children telling a story with crap in his drawers. It doesn't get much creepier than that.

EDIT: Oh, and the weird farm animals being brought out in front of him.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

I remember seeing this back in college one day while randomly channel surfing, and me and a roommate cracked up at what we saw, followed by him saying that they should make a Rifftrak of it. Thanks for reading our minds, Mike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Love to see a Rifftrax of Rock N Roll Nightmare.

• Locked thread