Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
A random guy in the Target parking lot complimented my T-shirt with Willem Dafoe from The Life Aquatic on it.

I've had this shirt for years and get complimented on it constantly and it always makes my day because I designed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeachHat!
Nov 27, 2009

Spider-Man LOVES milk!

Lackadaisical posted:

:) That's amazing! And now you know the place that hired you is either 1) awesome or 2) incredibly lazy and doesn't read things. Either way you win.

So far, apart from the lack of air conditioning in a commercial kitchen, it's promising to be the former. I'm hyped.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Fenrir posted:

Holy poo poo. Congrats! You should come back and post the awesome day when you get your first album released.

Also,

thanks but its a single release with two tracks that incidentally will be out june 29th on beatport.com.

Landed another signing though with a much much bigger and respected label last night.

Contracts are living hell goddamn.

edit: still awesome!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The second half of Mom's birthday present came today, I finally got a call from someone wanting my input in a football book he's writing and I'm not sore after riding my bike yesterday.

I should have played Cash 3. I haven't had this many things go right in a single day in a long time.

Anonymous Pie
May 9, 2010
Today was my last day of high school!

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

i used to dance before the discos came
I just bought a new bikini at Target today, and I look quite awesome in it if I do say so myself. :)

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Fuckin awesome day at the golf course where I work. Kind of dead so I played softball with my boss, did little work for the whole day, and some woman from a neighborhood house came over and asked me and my coworker how we like our burgers. Then she came back an hour later with corn on the cob, the burgers, and a fuckin' beer to boot. This was already after I got a free burger from the proshop-restaurant people because they love me.

Cap that off with playing 5 holes after clocking out and BOOM.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Update: she got the good job! She's taught in an urban environment that is less than desirable for the last three years, somehow stuck with it and it's paid off in a cosmic sense...or something.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Because I stayed up way past my bedtime chatting with her, and she is so beyond ridiculously adorable, and I'm seeing her Saturday night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm at a conference for my research and I got to flirt with a mega-cutie who was doing a poster for the morning session. She said she would come to my poster session this afternoon and "drill me" :quagmire:

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Hung out yesterday with a girl I really like but have no future with after this week for a number of reasons that I'm not getting into here. We're just enjoying our time together.

Then I went to the bars yesterday and this mega-babe and I hit it off quite well. She's moving to LA in like a week though so :(

Then after the bars I went to my best friend's house and I finally met her other best friend who was really cool and we both hit it off too.

So many girls! It was a pretty great evening yesterday. I just wish I wasn't leaving this town in a week so I could get something started!

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
I got a raise at work :neckbeard: It's not even time for my annual review!

Technophile
Aug 5, 2010

Hugging monitors since 1743

Anonymous Pie posted:

Today was my last day of high school!

Congratulations!

I got to sit behind a kid who was spazzing out on the way home from work on the bus, had me laughing the whole time.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I'm the young guy at the office, so everyone assumes that I'm also a computer programmer. This image has been upheld mainly because the problems they've had are simple "old person vs. technology" issues, that I can easily handle.
Today, however, they threw something at me that I had absolutely no clue how to deal with. I took a complete shot in the dark with people looking over my shoulder, but I somehow guessed correctly and fixed the insurmountable problem.
I am a machine-god to these people now.:smug:

Also, because the guy in the next office is old, he grunts loudly whenever he stands up from his desk, so I have a reliable warning signal for when I need to hide the book I'm reading.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I officially am done with college! :) I got a new haircut yesterday which looks awesome in time for my epic graduation week, starting with a party tonight with a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jun 14, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Took the afternoon off work, and then mega departmental shellfish cookout tomorrow :hellyeah:

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
Had a job interview go really well, part of it was a typing test and I did far better than their expectations (all these years of Internet browsing bullshit paying off!)

I just moved to a new city and have been feeling really unsure of myself, so I needed this. :unsmith:

EDIT: I GOT THE JOB :aaaaa:

inaniloquent has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jun 11, 2011

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
A girl hit on me in the elevator.

This never happens to me. NEVER.

Insatiably Curious
Jun 10, 2011

Because...

...that thing I bought arrived!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Bought nice makeup for the first time in eight years.

I'm pretty! :j:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Yesterday:
Talked to my grandparents for the first time in months
Went to see said grandparents
Applied to a machine shop
Had impromptu interview with machine shop owner
Was hired at machine shop

Today:
First day at machine shop
I work with an old Korean and a Puerto-Rican Bostonian
Got off of work to a slew of :3 worthy texts from the GF
First showerbeverage
Fixed my A/C in the truck so I don't bake on the way home

:D

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE
Woke up actually having gotten a good night's sleep, and got 100% on my chemistry field test (basically the government tests out future final exam questions on current students to see if they're fair) and the instructor actually got out of his way to tell me it's the first time he's seen anyone get 100% on the multiple choice, let alone 100% total! Also it's worth 5% of my grade AND replaces one of my lovely test marks so it boosts me up to 95% overall :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I had an interview today. It's just for a summer internship but I feel really good about it :)

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Got a lovely and very reassuring phone call from my Dad, who doesn't usually do stuff like that and I'm in the middle of finalising plans for a few days away next weekend :) First time I've had a holiday completely on my own.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Went to my city's pride festival by myself on a whim and ended up seeing a lot of friends. They're all theatre people and performed some numbers from the Civic's season closer, and everybody loved it.

I love being back home.

Johflop
Aug 23, 2008
Going to my gay friend's homecoming party, then heading out to a lesbian bar later.

The two are not connected.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I hate so much about my situation right now, and the weeks before this have been just upsetting in many ways. So I'm trying to keep my eyes on the good little things.

My sister went out of her way to take me to the emergency care clinic the instant she landed coming back from her trip, despite her having her own stresses and being generally exhausted.

I went to my world's favorite huge amazing grocery store this week for the first time in almost a year. I got fruits I've never tried, my favorite hot salsa I thought was gone forever, and some great coffee.

They had affogato at the cafe there, which is vanilla gelato with a shot of espresso and it was so god drat good I couldn't believe it. They give you a straw with it and the espresso at the bottom is still nice and bitter and so so good. :h:

And I finally got a new wallet, after several years (yes, years) of searching for a perfect replacement.

tuna melt
Mar 28, 2010

Kerfuffle posted:

I went to my world's favorite huge amazing grocery store this week for the first time in almost a year.

Wegmans?

To contribute: I was reminded by Kerfluffle that I will get to go to Wegmans in 3 weeks when I go to visit my family.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Graduation day :) I walk in under 2 hours.

Oh, and I found out one of my grades today: A.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lackadaisical posted:

Graduation day :) I walk in under 2 hours.

Oh, and I found out one of my grades today: A.

Do you go to a small private liberal arts school in western Michigan? My alma mater has their Commencement today as well (I graduated last year).

Nothing to do today, so after a busy couple of weeks it's time to catch up on some gaming and LPs, and finally start cleaning my place to move out in a few weeks.
The only stain on my day? I'm out of toilet paper.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Cheesecake came out perfectly.
Golden but not brown and not a single bubble or crack in it.
Now to make a pineapple topping for it.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Do you go to a small private liberal arts school in western Michigan? My alma mater has their Commencement today as well (I graduated last year).

Nope. West coast. :)

But why is my day awesome? I'm officially an alumni after six long years of trudging along, thinking I'd never actually finish. :woop: I also ran into an old friend who was also graduating and got to spend the ceremony rocking out to daft punk with him.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Made 240 dollars in tips helping teach a scuba diving class

MOTHERFUCKING MAVERICKS GOT THEIR FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP RING!

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I went on a date today with a really sweet guy. It was my first date ever. We're going to keep hanging out and seeing where it goes :)

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
While making out with a fine ladyfriend, she grabbed my junk.

;-* : "Holy poo poo."
:v: : "what? What's wrong?"
;-* : -pulls up waistband on sweatpants, looks at my junk-
;-* : gently caress you're big. Holy poo poo.

Now that's what I call a confidence booster :smug:

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
The Mavs are the loving champs :neckbeard: I know it happened yesterday, but I'm still happy as poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The George Foreman grill my sister sold me last August works :buddy: First time I've used it since buying it from her and I don't know why I didn't do so earlier.

EDIT: So nice, I used it twice! Gotta try not to overcook them next time, I eat tons of sushi but un(der)cooked meat scares me otherwise :ohdear:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Jun 14, 2011

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Aug 28, 2012

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I'm FINALLY officially done moving- got all my crap moved on Friday, had my inspection this afternoon and was told that it was basically the cleanest apartment they'd ever seen so it looks like I'm getting my deposit back (landlords here are somewhat notorious for loving students out of their deposit), and we got internet in the new place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
First day of summer school.

I know this sounds like it sucks, but I realized I can't really sit still and stay on the computer for weeks on end. I just get annoying to people because im always looking for something to do....when everyone else is either working or in college.

Im taking a herp derp computer class because I need that passed before I can get to a more advanced course. The teacher was a pretty old dude, who looked like the guy from Up! He was pretty funny and had a light hearted sense of humor. Overall nice first day, sat next to an old friend.

Also we're done packing! We're moving out and tomorrow we're moving in to our new place. Turns out theres internet for the same price here too but at twice the speeds :D