Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Indeed it is redeco Galactus. Proper purple Galactus is cool and all but this one came with a translucent Surfer figure and I rather like the darker blue tones better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Purple is much cooler. Also. 6" > 3"

I need to fix my "flying" guys. Too fat.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Man I wish I had the money to get a Galactus when they were on sale last winter. I know whenever I finally have the money to afford one I am going to pay out the nose.

At least I have BAF one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

Man I wish I had the money to get a Galactus when they were on sale last winter. I know whenever I finally have the money to afford one I am going to pay out the nose.

At least I have BAF one.

I have had two sitting on the shelf for months. Make me an offer dude.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Djarum posted:

At least I have BAF one.

Are these hard to come by? My local TRU has like 10 of them.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

funtax posted:

Are these hard to come by? My local TRU has like 10 of them.

They go for like, 60 bucks or something crazy. They were marked down on amazon for as low as 25 bucks last fall.

I picked up several for 30 bucks when they were on sale, so I have a few too if you need one DJ.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Once I start my new job I shall hit someone up for one. I just moved to Chicago about a month ago so I have been dealing with that for the last couple of months. Once I refill the coffers the toy buying will be back on!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

Once I start my new job I shall hit someone up for one. I just moved to Chicago about a month ago so I have been dealing with that for the last couple of months. Once I refill the coffers the toy buying will be back on!

I've been dusting and cleaning and trying to reorganize poo poo. I didn't realize how much crap I've accumulated. I feel like a hoarder. I've got this huge table filled up with legends. I don't know what I'm going to do with this poo poo. Anyone ever get the urge to just liquidate all their crap?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

I've been dusting and cleaning and trying to reorganize poo poo. I didn't realize how much crap I've accumulated. I feel like a hoarder. I've got this huge table filled up with legends. I don't know what I'm going to do with this poo poo. Anyone ever get the urge to just liquidate all their crap?

If you want to get rid of it that bad you can just give it all to me. ;)

I seriously haven't bought a single figure in almost two years it is kind of depressing.

I do have some interesting plans for custom figures whenever I get settled in again. I don't want to give away my secret yet but if it works it is going to revolutionize the hobby.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Bushifox posted:

I don't know what I'm going to do with this poo poo. Anyone ever get the urge to just liquidate all their crap?

I've actually had that feeling recently. I spent a TON of time and effort acquiring some GI Joe things I wanted. My holy grail was the USS Flagg. I ended up getting it for a steal on eBay (less than $200, shipped) cause they didn't have instructions and couldn't assemble it for their listing pictures. It ended up being around 90% complete. After I got it, it kind of killed my want to continue collecting. I still have all the stuff (Flagg, Terrordrome, Defiant, The General, Mobile Command Station, etc), but it's kind of depressing with the fact that as large as these things are, there's no good way to display the stuff.

Now, pretty much the only thing I get is Transformers and DCUC figures. And, after realizing I spent about $500 on DCUC stuff, I'm kind of reevaluating things.

Doing the same for my comics. I used to have a full filing cabinet and then 4 long boxes of stuff. Now, it's down to maybe half the filing cabinet. I'm kinda proud that I've gotten rid of that much.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HOLY poo poo -- that dark purple Galactus is awesome. I collect random figures just based on how awesome they are... I must get that loving thing.

Also put down my info for Superman from Hot Toys, the wait is going to kill me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Bushifox posted:

Purple is much cooler. Also. 6" > 3"
I need to fix my "flying" guys. Too fat.

I am completely gay for the 3.75" scale, it's easy to store, easy to collect and they pose... mediocrely (well some of them are better). Have some Wreckers:

Also some Galactus nonsense

Actually this gave me an idea.

"Hear me Galactus... they call me Ghost Rider..."

"I'm summoned when innocent blood is shed... and you... have shed much innocent blood!"

"do you dare face the agony of those you have... slain?"
"mortal or demon, whichever you be, begone! Galactus has no time for games!"

"this... is no game...!"

"NNOAAAAAAGGH!"
"feel the torment of a billion billion... extinguished souls!"
"experience the pain... of eternal guilt!"

"noooo! NNOOOOOOO!"

"my task... is complete. I'll leave you now Galactus... in mortal hands..."

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Sup dark purple Galactus buddy. :hf: The sad thing is that I got more enjoyment out of that animated Fantastic Four clip than the whole Ghost Rider film.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ka0 posted:

Actually this gave me an idea.

I love you.

edit: Hot Toys announced they got license to do Green Lantern movie toys, meaning soon you can own the best looking figures of some of the worst looking costumes. Bet their constructs will be awesome, though.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 14, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Hey Vintersorg what is that toy?"

"Oh, it's just a guy in a green suit with his entire muscle structure as the design... it's rubbery..."

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

Fantabulero posted:

This was already mentioned, but here's the Pizza Thrower recycled again in the more recent TMNT line, as the Sewer Lid Launcher:

I'm actually impressed with how many new elements they added to it!

All these Pizza Thrower things looked familiar to me, so did a quick GIS for the R.A.T.S. toys I used to have when I was a kid...and look right there in the middle.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Ka0 posted:

I am completely gay for the 3.75" scale, it's easy to store, easy to collect and they pose... mediocrely (well some of them are better). Have some Wreckers:

I will agree with the storage issue. But, man, it is hard to lose the articulation and sculpt I feel Legends spoiled me with. And the relative close scale that could be achieved. The short brown wolverine just made me so happy, and the huge juggs and hulks we got.

Anyway. I only have one opened 3.75er and just side by side I can't compare them:

Big surfer is perplexed

In other news, Minimates are still awesome. (It also makes me feel sad that retail for the old legends was less than the current 3.75 stuff.)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

All these pictures remind me I need to dig my Legends out to sell :/

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

To counterpoint myself:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

To counterpoint myself:

Surfer would wreck Doom's poo poo so loving hard man.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

PepperSinclaire posted:

All these Pizza Thrower things looked familiar to me, so did a quick GIS for the R.A.T.S. toys I used to have when I was a kid...and look right there in the middle.

Whoa. Re-used Starriors as well.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Bushifox posted:

In other news, Minimates are still awesome.

They really are. There's actually a more recent Silver Surfer one; his surfboard had a peg for his foot and can be plugged into a flight stand, and he's got a bunch of purple energy pieces.

Unfortunately, he came with Swordsman, who finished off the Thunderbolts team (and was thus highly sought after), and they were the short pack in a Toys'R'Us exclusive wave, so he only shows up on the secondary market rarely and is really expensive when he does.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I'd be all over Marvel Legends if they weren't so loving expensive. I just got into toy collecting again less than a year ago and the prices on all Marvel toys are absolutely ridiculous. The only reason I can even try to get the stuff I want from Marvel Universe is because I can occasionally find it in stores. I know they're reviving Legends at some point in the future, but I still wouldn't be able to find any of the previously released stuff at a decent price if I started collecting that now.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I'd be all over Marvel Legends if they weren't so loving expensive. I just got into toy collecting again less than a year ago and the prices on all Marvel toys are absolutely ridiculous. The only reason I can even try to get the stuff I want from Marvel Universe is because I can occasionally find it in stores. I know they're reviving Legends at some point in the future, but I still wouldn't be able to find any of the previously released stuff at a decent price if I started collecting that now.

With the exception of a few, that really isn't true. As long as you don't mind loose, most you can get for under 10 bucks, and a large number under 5. Unless you are a completist, you can get a large number for a very good price. Lots of guys sell here, also check some of the other trade forums. A lot of legends prices have fallen lately, you can get a doombot for under 10 bucks for example, whereas they used to run 40-50.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Mattycollector.com hosed up again this month.

The Re-Issue MOTUC Whiplash that was supposed to happen never did. He was supposed to come out last month but was "delayed" because the shipment arrived late or whatever. And they absolutely swore that it would be in this month in large quantities. But all they sold was backstock(they keep a small number of figures witheld for replacements/returns) that they had from last time and the backstock sold out within the first minute. They have the stupid queue system still in place like it's 1996 so most never got to order one.

They also raised their shipping prices, so if you order a single figiure, you better tack an extra 8 dollars and change onto the price.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I wish the day would come when even I could say "8 dollars is too much" for freaking shipping.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Shipping has always been 8 bucks or more.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Satsuki posted:

Shipping has always been 8 bucks or more.

Last month I got charged five bucks shipping for a figure. A single figure, not a set or a group of them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My shipping on my single GB figures has been 8 something forever.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
When is the Marvel Universe comic pack with Captain Britain and Spider-Man supposed to show up? I haven't missed it have I? :ohdear:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Has anyone seen that He-man vs Superman pack? I know it was from the 1st wave of MOTU classics vs DC Classics but I still see the Skeletor vs Luthor pack, so I was wondering if it was still available in most stores?

They're apparently got 5 big announcements for the MOTUC line, and I'm kinda hoping that one of them is that they're gonna release them to mass retail, because they're really pricey to collect.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Vaerai Archon posted:

Has anyone seen that He-man vs Superman pack? I know it was from the 1st wave of MOTU classics vs DC Classics but I still see the Skeletor vs Luthor pack, so I was wondering if it was still available in most stores?

They're apparently got 5 big announcements for the MOTUC line, and I'm kinda hoping that one of them is that they're gonna release them to mass retail, because they're really pricey to collect.

I wouldn't bet on it. They are still bitching about limited runs and not doing reissues. Also, if it got to retail, they wouldn't be able to perform as much gouging on fans. One of the announcements is going to be a vehicle, maybe a base set. Perhaps they are going to say the new live action movie is a go? :v:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Trickjaw posted:

I wouldn't bet on it. They are still bitching about limited runs and not doing reissues. Also, if it got to retail, they wouldn't be able to perform as much gouging on fans. One of the announcements is going to be a vehicle, maybe a base set. Perhaps they are going to say the new live action movie is a go? :v:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a box set somewhere. Or He-Man/Battle-Cat / Skeltor/Panthor at retail.

While we are talking about Matty did ANYONE see any of the Ghostbusters 2 holiday packs last Christmas? I hit my local TRU quite a bit and never saw one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I saw one or two but the price kept going up in store.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

All the TRU's around me still have them in numbers on the shelves.

$60 or so bucks, little too expensive for my blood.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Trickjaw posted:

I'd love a live action movie if the toys were of similar quality to the current Green Lantern ones. Allthough I'm really not sure how faithful the movie would be made to the original source material. The 200X line did solidify alot of the lore that was up in the air and was a fairly solid series, but if you bang it out like Revenge of the Fallen or something like that it's gonna suck. I mean the original MOTU movie was really just average and it was certainly held back by the special effect limitations at the time.

I'd like a new TV series though, I mean the new Thundercats TV series looks real promising, and Transformers Prime, GiJoe, and My Little Pony have all been well received. It would probably be worth another shot at a TV series if they didn't screw up the case ratios like last time and give a bazillion He-Mans every wave.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Satsuki posted:

All the TRU's around me still have them in numbers on the shelves.

$60 or so bucks, little too expensive for my blood.

Considering the individual figures were 20 each plus shipping they're the best deal on them. Fuckin Matty.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Considering the individual figures were 20 each plus shipping they're the best deal on them. Fuckin Matty.

Yep and still not worth it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys just announced this on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Toys! :D