Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

schreibs posted:

Do you want to buy my SV in the DC area for that much? Its an '03... picture in profile.

Wish I could, but I need the money to get started out there, and I'm having a hell of a hard time selling it in the first place. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Honestly, its not worth more than about 2k. You might get lucky and find a buyer for more, but gen ones just aren't that desireable in the general market. :(

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Z3n posted:

Honestly, its not worth more than about 2k. You might get lucky and find a buyer for more, but gen ones just aren't that desireable in the general market. :(

For reals? I priced it where I did based on what has been popping up on the SFBay craigslist, but with no bites yet, I guess I'll have to drop it quite a bit. I'm bummed, I bought it a year ago for 2800, but I guess it wasn't as good a deal as I thought.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

benwards posted:

For reals? I priced it where I did based on what has been popping up on the SFBay craigslist, but with no bites yet, I guess I'll have to drop it quite a bit. I'm bummed, I bought it a year ago for 2800, but I guess it wasn't as good a deal as I thought.

It's got a nice mod list, but unfortunately people have this thing against carbs, and the curvy ones "don't look as good". Drop the corbin on SVrider or something, see if you get any bites at $150 or so, and then clean the hell out of the bike, take some new pictures, and relist it. I'd go down to $2500 when I listed it next time around. For selling stuff, cosmetics really matter. Depending on how long you have to sell it, drop price accordingly.

Do you have it listed on BARF?

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

For what it's worth, I just sold my 1st gen SV for $2400 locally, with similar mods and more miles. There are also a number of them going for 2400-3000 in my market as well. It's worth more than $2000, you'll just need to wait for a buyer.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
You might have better luck if you washed it and fixed the easy poo poo like the lever and the turn signal.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

n8r posted:

You might have better luck if you washed it and fixed the easy poo poo like the lever and the turn signal.

This. Do this. At least wash the bike, make it look as nice as possible and go from there. Image sells everything, and if it's a dirty piece of poo poo then I'm going to make offers accordingly.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've painted myself into a corner here: I'm moving on Saturday and need to sell it by then. I only held onto it this long because it's my only mode of transportation. I'll do what I can to wash it today, and I'll repost at 2400. No time or funds to replace the signal, but I can grab a new lever from cycle gear and swap that out today.

edit: push comes to shove, I'll be calling a couple of local dealerships today to see what they can offer for it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

benwards posted:

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've painted myself into a corner here: I'm moving on Saturday and need to sell it by then. I only held onto it this long because it's my only mode of transportation. I'll do what I can to wash it today, and I'll repost at 2400. No time or funds to replace the signal, but I can grab a new lever from cycle gear and swap that out today.

edit: push comes to shove, I'll be calling a couple of local dealerships today to see what they can offer for it.

This is why I think you need to list it for 2k if you expect to sell it in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, there are other bikes out there of equivalent age and lower mileage like this one that you're competing with.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2427595688.html

Your bike would be much nicer, but the typical SV buyer probably wouldn't realize that. :(

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

SOLD! Yay. Kinda. :(

benwards fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 15, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

benwards posted:

Yeah, I guess it's tough to realize that something I value so highly (and enjoy so much, the upgrades add a lot) is not worth as much as I though. In any case, I updated my ad to lower the price. $2100 to a goon, and as you might expect under the circumstances, I'm pretty flexible on that number.

Have you posted it on BARF?

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Z3n posted:

Have you posted it on BARF?
No. I don't have an account there and it would not let me register. Frustrating.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Just found the aftermarket windshield for my old Suzuki Boulevard M50. I rode with it for ~10,000 miles before deciding that I didn't like having the wind directed right at my forehead. Someone smaller than 6'0" might be better shielded. It's dirty, and there's some scuffing on it but unless you're lying on the tank you won't be looking through the thing. All the screws/brackets are there.

Asking $100 shipped. Taking offers.

http://imgur.com/a/arHjQ

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 26, 2012

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
GONE!

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 6, 2011

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gonna be getting out of riding dirtbikes, basically because I have nobody local to ride with. I've got a '03 YZ250 located in Wenatchee WA that I'll probably take $1700 for. In addition I've got an aftermarket large capacity tank, a scotts steering damper, mount for damper, and all my gear. I've got a couple of pairs of nice riding pants size 34-36, some jerseys size L, and a leatt brace. I also have a size 10 pair of sidi SRS boots which would be good for mx/supermoto. If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, let me know and I'll take pics and give you a price.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
What color are the boots? Do you know if it's possible to get them swapped to SM soles?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

henne posted:

What color are the boots? Do you know if it's possible to get them swapped to SM soles?

The boots are white - the SM soles should swap. I just put on a new MX sole. I had trouble getting a couple of the bolts to screw in. The issue with these boots are these are the old SRS force model, the new soles are slightly different. You'll have to grind the new SM soles to get them to fit. I ground the new soles and they work fine.

Here are some pics:
http://imgur.com/a/ZAHYP#4oZTR - brace and damper

Here are the boots:
http://imgur.com/y2m8r

I just spent $40 on the drat soles, but whatever - the boots need a few little screws, but they're really nice a huge step from bargain boots. $75 shipped?

Here are pics of the bike:

Here is a link to the CL ad:
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/mcy/2448880070.html

n8r fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 19, 2011

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

How are we supposed to ride now?!

Will that dampener work on a 09 YZF?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Damper is already gone - same w/ the leatt.

Scott dampers are universal - just takes a model specific mounting kit. Might be worth seeing if the YZ mounting kit is compatible w/ your bike though. They're not cheap either.

If you guys ever actually made it over here maybe I wouldn't be selling it! I'm just getting into whitewater kayaking which is basically right out of my front door and mtn biking more. Something has to go I guess.

Edit:
Just checked - it's not compatible.

n8r fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 19, 2011

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Can you throw up some pics of the pants and jerseys please?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I didn't realize sidi had an older model SRS and thought you had the crossfires. I already have a pair of A* Tech7SMs but think they Sidis look better. Gonna pass on these.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Here are the pants:

They are size 36 - they have a belt so they fit probably 34-36 pretty well. One pair is a vented model, the other is a standard pair. $30 / pair of pants shipped. Both are in good shape, very nice pants - I think I paid ~$90/pair.

They're both Fox Strafer models

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

n8r posted:

Here are the pants:

They are size 36 - they have a belt so they fit probably 34-36 pretty well. One pair is a vented model, the other is a standard pair. $30 / pair of pants shipped. Both are in good shape, very nice pants - I think I paid ~$90/pair.

They're both Fox Strafer models

Cool, thanks. Sent you a PM.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

sold

Thanks, Lowtax! :thumbsup:

Bring Back Noid fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 15, 2011

mrchina
Sep 8, 2004
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R w/ 1600 MILES!

Looking for $6100. NO TRADES! Cash or PayPal (if you pay fees as well). I will NOT SHIP! Can deliver within +-2 hours of Central New York.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mrchina fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 4, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Up for sale for Ninja 250 owners (1988-2007 models):

A set of Cobra F1r racing mufflers - SOLD!

They were fun as hell on my 250, they were passed on to another friend who in turn passed them on to another friend. That friend is getting rid of his 250 and wants to offload them so I'm helping him out by posting them here. They're loud and make Harley riders turn their heads in amazement and jealousy at your little 250. They also aren't produced anymore.

Here's a clip of them on my old Ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbe7_iMffbY

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 30, 2011

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I'm in Southern California and I'm looking to get a 70's Japanese bike to gently caress around on this summer, if anyone is local and wants to get rid of something like that, let me know, price is flexible depending on what it is.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yoshimura slip-on for 2nd gen SV650

My 2005 SV650 came with a chopped Yoshimura stainless steel RS3 slip-on. I replaced it with a Delkevic 350mm recently.

I used to have a 250mm Delkevic on an former SV650 of mine, and this has equal ferocity to that.

Good shape except for rust on the springs that hold the mid-pipe to the slip-on itself. They're covered by gray plastic tubes that are emblazoned with the Yoshimura logo, as you can see in the pictures.

$160 with shipping. Comes with all necessary clamps.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 30, 2011

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I have 3 spot2 GPS trackers with the adventure kit for sale. Just like this http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Spot-2-Satellite-GPS-Messenger-Bonus-Adventure-Kit-/280671986175?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item41595aa1ff#ht_1472wt_1141 (not my auction)

I will sell them for 100 shipped each. I can get a picture once I get my camera charger from my parent's hous tomorrow but they look just like that, new in the box and everything. Bought them for a trip that isn't going to happen.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I'm a lurker in Cycle Asylum, but here it goes.

I've got an '83 Honda XL600R for sale. 6400 miles. $1200 OBO.

Street legal and a clear title. A little cold blooded, but once you learn the nuances, you can start it with two kicks in the cold.

I'm in the Marquette area of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I can't say I've seen any yoopers in cycle asylum, but regardless...PM me for some pics/details or if you're actually local and want to have a look in person.

Sold sold sold!

Thelonious fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 1, 2011

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

SOLD!

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 2, 2011

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter

Dschingis Khan posted:

Figured I'd post this here just in case, don't know if anyone is interested/mechanically inclined, but:

1989 Suzuki GS500E, 13,000 miles, everything is good on the bike (electrics, battery, tires, chain, etc)

Bike starts and runs fine and will still move as normal under its own power, but due to clutch cover coming off of it after being blown over in wind, I lost some oil and now the engine has a pinging/rattling noise -- sounds like it's in the top end.

$600 obo
edit: in New Philadelphia Ohio, 44663

I'm in Columbus and looking for a first bike to learn on/beat up. I'd be happy to make the drive out east if this is still available. Email is Dizzledan11010 @ live.com

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Price change on the SV650 Yoshimura exhaust. $160 with shipping.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Crayvex posted:

Anyone want this aftermarket muffler that came with my 02 Yamaha R6? I don't have any use for it as it doesn't just "slip on" and quite frankly my bike already sounds awesome.

You pay shipping, I get more garage space.

So if it doesn't just slip on, how are you supposed to connect it? Can you snap a pic of the connecting end? My friend hit me on my bike yesterday and the exhaust got smushed so I could use a cheap replacement if I could find a way to jerry rig it.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

So if it doesn't just slip on, how are you supposed to connect it? Can you snap a pic of the connecting end? My friend hit me on my bike yesterday and the exhaust got smushed so I could use a cheap replacement if I could find a way to jerry rig it.

Well it is supposed to "slip on" but my R6's exhaust pipe and muffler are welded together. Taking a pic shortly.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Shipped to Drunk Pledge Driver!

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 6, 2011

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
The Walkin Dude I'm going to try and contact you via svrider. I don't have plat. :V
As a heads up.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Made a video of my Yoshimura slip-on for the SV650: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qU1vCqtOI0

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sadly selling my 1992 Suzuki DR350s factory street-legal dual sport. Bike is located in Eugene, OR. PM me if you have any questions.

Brand new Michelin T63 front tire, valves adjusted and oil changed this spring, IMS oversize aftermarket tank, tags renewed last month and good until July 2013. 20k on the clock. The fork boots need replaced, but other than that shes in great shape and ready to go. Asking $1500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter

Dschingis Khan posted:

in New Philadelphia Ohio, 44663

Driving 2 1/2 hours each way to pick up this, my very first bike. After training on the MSF Rebel's this should be wonderful once I get it going.