Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Really looking forward to WMX updating itself so I can use the new Brush Gun and Trail Carbine textures--they look fantastic.

In other news, tfc 1 can capture some real gems every now and then.

The Falling Powder Ganger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I'm having this problem where the Riot Shotgun (and no other weapons) has its texture flipped around and put on the model wrong.

It's the Arenovalis WRP pack I'm using, I already tried flipping ArchiveInvalidation off and on but beyond that I don't know what else to try. I also obviously tried re-installing the texture pack and also trying to install the standalone Riot Shotgun texture instead, no dice though.

Anyone got any ideas? Alternately if someone could find me the original riot shotgun texture so I could roll it back (or some other riot shotgun texture, although I couldn't find one) that'd be nice.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kaptain K posted:

I'm having this problem where the Riot Shotgun (and no other weapons) has its texture flipped around and put on the model wrong.

It's the Arenovalis WRP pack I'm using, I already tried flipping ArchiveInvalidation off and on but beyond that I don't know what else to try. I also obviously tried re-installing the texture pack and also trying to install the standalone Riot Shotgun texture instead, no dice though.

Anyone got any ideas? Alternately if someone could find me the original riot shotgun texture so I could roll it back (or some other riot shotgun texture, although I couldn't find one) that'd be nice.

Technically, you don't need to find a copy of the original texture because they're all in the .bsa files. When you install new textures, the vanilla ones aren't overwritten--archiveinvalidation instead tells the game to use the new textures. If anything, find where you installed the riot shotgun textures and delete them from your data folder.

EDIT: To the other part of your problem, chances are you're using a mod that modifies the riot shotgun but isn't compatible with WRP. What's your load order? That, or you're using a mod but not the patches to get WRP working with whatever you're using (for example, Weapon Mods Expanded)

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 14, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Kaptain K posted:

Which texture is it loading? It's using the wrong model for the wrong textures, so if it's using my texture but it looks wrong, it's using the default model when it should not and vice versa.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The version of AAS on the Nexus is no longer supported.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m6fnmwqwl9a4wam - Alternate Armor System v0.999 beta build here, only affects vanilla armors/ammo types. Please post with bugs and mishaps :)

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Question for people using Military Expansion Program; does this also add legion troops all over? The description page only blathers on and on about adding NCR, which is all fine and dandy of course, but I'd wanna see much more legion also.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone happen to know of a good "Make characters less ugly" mod? It's not as bad in NV as it was in say, Oblivion, but I get some serious uncanny valley vibes whenever I talk to a person.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Anatharon posted:

Anyone happen to know of a good "Make characters less ugly" mod? It's not as bad in NV as it was in say, Oblivion, but I get some serious uncanny valley vibes whenever I talk to a person.

New Vegas Redesigned is really good for this, but it's been pulled from the Nexus and the only place I've been able to find a mirror is a french website http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/downloads/44462-fallout-new-vegas/1265-character-design/download-30949.php.. The Telecharger button is the one you want. Just be warned, though, this mod makes Cass look absolutely awful.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Fewd posted:

Question for people using Military Expansion Program; does this also add legion troops all over? The description page only blathers on and on about adding NCR, which is all fine and dandy of course, but I'd wanna see much more legion also.

Not yet thought when I eventually play NV again and start modding it I'm going to be expanding on it (more then just increased NPCs in bases, but additional things such as patrols). Played through as NCR at first so I didn't feel comfortable/qualified to see which area's for the legion needed to be adjusted.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Anatharon posted:

Uncanny valley means its so realistic that it unnerves you, Gamebryo faces are more like a bunch of play-doh came alive and decided to try to emulate the human race.

New Vegas Redesigned is ok for a lot of faces but the choices for the companions are awful from my memory. You can load another specific Cass/Boone/whatever mod over it, but good luck finding one that makes them normal instead of like a 10 year old Malaysian prostitute.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Giggily posted:

Just be warned, though, this mod makes Cass look absolutely awful.

From head-on Cass is actually pretty good looking in NVR, but her profile is so doofy.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Started on this..

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Arenovalis posted:

Which texture is it loading? It's using the wrong model for the wrong textures, so if it's using my texture but it looks wrong, it's using the default model when it should not and vice versa.
I should have specified, it's the correct texture, the correct model but the texture is mapped wrong, so it looks all lovely.

The world model/texture looks correct, oddly enough - as in if I drop the weapon on the ground it looks right but when I pick it up the texture is flipped or just placed wrong.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

Started on this..

What is this for? WMX only? Also that Brush Gun is loving dope.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Gyshall posted:

What is this for? WMX only?

I hope not. I don't use WMX at all, but that silencer is sexy.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Anatharon posted:

As far as I know there isn't a complete package of companion replacements so I think you're going to have to replace them individually. I'm not too disappointed with most of the companions with the exception of Veronica, who looks pretty heinous. For her I use Veronica Cute Nerd Edition, which gives her nerd glasses and a brotherhood robe instead of the burlap sack she wears. She wears the sack until you recruit her, at which point she changes into the robe.

It was the only Veronica mod I could find that didn't turn her into an anime schoolgirl with ridiculous hair or whatever.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Gyshall posted:

What is this for? WMX only?

Just in case anybody didnt know this, the 12.7 pistol comes with a suppressor attachment in the stock game. And I too love what you did with the suppressor Arenovalis.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I have a small mod request for anyone that can do it: can someone please add animations to this Remington 700? I used to have a version that had an animated bolt and clip, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. It was included in a pack of weapons ported from COD4; the desert eagle and shotgun that were in it were pretty much crap, but I loved the rifle (besides the fact that "COD4" was in the weapon's name for some reason). The rifle I linked uses the same mesh and textures as the COD4 pack version, but doesn't have animations.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Kaptain K posted:

I should have specified, it's the correct texture, the correct model but the texture is mapped wrong, so it looks all lovely.

The world model/texture looks correct, oddly enough - as in if I drop the weapon on the ground it looks right but when I pick it up the texture is flipped or just placed wrong.

The texture isn't mapped wrong, you're just putting the textures mapped for the new gun on the old one. Replace whatever mesh you have for the weapon with the one in the retexture file just to double check.

Horns posted:

I have a small mod request for anyone that can do it: can someone please add animations to this Remington 700? I used to have a version that had an animated bolt and clip, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. It was included in a pack of weapons ported from COD4; the desert eagle and shotgun that were in it were pretty much crap, but I loved the rifle (besides the fact that "COD4" was in the weapon's name for some reason). The rifle I linked uses the same mesh and textures as the COD4 pack version, but doesn't have animations.

I think I bothered Naky enough that there's one in The Armory now. Try looking for the m24 as that's just the military designation for the rem 700.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

BrainGlitch posted:

I think I bothered Naky enough that there's one in The Armory now. Try looking for the m24 as that's just the military designation for the rem 700.

You bothered me so much, I have BOTH - the civilian Remington 700 and the M24. See people, if you pester me enough on IRC you can indeed get the guns you want in the pack :stare:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Not yet thought when I eventually play NV again and start modding it I'm going to be expanding on it (more then just increased NPCs in bases, but additional things such as patrols). Played through as NCR at first so I didn't feel comfortable/qualified to see which area's for the legion needed to be adjusted.

Oh you're the same Crowperson who made the mod? Nice, more patrols would be welcome. Especially legion since their patrols would be mostly cosmetic as they're so pathetic they can't actually kill anything.

That reminds me, gonna load up geck and add a little more DT to the legion armors. I'm sure there's already some mod for it but I'm not looking for a bigger overhaul, just some more DT so they won't be so pitiful.

I just watched some caravan with 4 people completely cream two legion ambushes without taking any casualties. And the other ambush even had some higher level legion guys like a Vexilarius or however you spell it.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Fewd posted:

Especially legion since their patrols would be mostly cosmetic as they're so pathetic they can't actually kill anything.

Use FOOK. Problem solved.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Fewd posted:

Oh you're the same Crowperson who made the mod? Nice, more patrols would be welcome. Especially legion since their patrols would be mostly cosmetic as they're so pathetic they can't actually kill anything.

That reminds me, gonna load up geck and add a little more DT to the legion armors. I'm sure there's already some mod for it but I'm not looking for a bigger overhaul, just some more DT so they won't be so pitiful.

I just watched some caravan with 4 people completely cream two legion ambushes without taking any casualties. And the other ambush even had some higher level legion guys like a Vexilarius or however you spell it.

Try Anime Schoolgirl's AAS before you go through the trouble. You might be pleased with the results.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

e: ^ Ooo, that actually looks like something I might get instead.

Terpfen posted:

Use FOOK. Problem solved.

Mneh. I prefer to use smaller mods and tweak things myself to get exactly what I want.

Anyway, I was going through some item stats and it's looking pretty stupid. Not only do NCR troops (and pretty much everyone else) have superior weapons compared to the Legion, their armors are way better also. Guess General Oliver is even more retarded I originally thought for simply not charging and rolling all over Caesars silly hill fortress.

Gonna go through Legion armors and up them so that Legion units have 2-3 DT more than NCR units of equal tier. If that doesn't work, then maybe give them a little more melee skill too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Fewd posted:

e: ^ Ooo, that actually looks like something I might get instead.

Mneh. I prefer to use smaller mods and tweak things myself to get exactly what I want.

Anyway, I was going through some item stats and it's looking pretty stupid. Not only do NCR troops (and pretty much everyone else) have superior weapons compared to the Legion, their armors are way better also. Guess General Oliver is even more retarded I originally thought for simply not charging and rolling all over Caesars silly hill fortress.

Gonna go through Legion armors and up them so that Legion units have 2-3 DT more than NCR units of equal tier. If that doesn't work, then maybe give them a little more melee skill too.

Legionnaires should definitely have some pretty ridiculous melee skills, judging by the way they're trained and drilled. It might be worth looking into before trying to justify the superior DT of sports equipment.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Fewd posted:

That's fine. Personally, I consider vanilla FONV unplayable. FOOK has spoiled me. Can't play FONV without it.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

BrainGlitch posted:

Oh awesome! :) I'll have to keep an eye out for it then. It's easily one of my favorite mod guns I've come across and I was really disappointed when I couldn't find the original mod again after the hard drive failure.

Terpfen posted:

That's fine. Personally, I consider vanilla FONV unplayable. FOOK has spoiled me. Can't play FONV without it.
It was the same thing with me and FO3 and Fallout Wanderer's Edition. I played the hell out of FO3 on 360, but once I got the PC version and had a taste of FWE, it was impossible for me to go back. I could definitely see myself playing vanilla NV if I didn't have a computer, though. Other than some cosmetic issues (namely the UI and that orange tint on everything), I think NV is pretty great out of the box.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rope kid posted:

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but the spread = wobble ammo modifier bug was fixed in the last patch. Your un-modded shotgun slugs should be quite a bit more accurate now.
I just checked a +3 modifier, and no, this isn't the case.

The perks that affected accuracy did get fixed, though :haw:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Legionnaires should definitely have some pretty ridiculous melee skills, judging by the way they're trained and drilled. It might be worth looking into before trying to justify the superior DT of sports equipment.

Also... most of them are wielding machetes, right? Machete damage is loving 11. Normal NCR armor DT is 10. Yeah. No wonder they never win.

I wonder if the game shits itself if I make knife spears from Dead Money as standard weapon of Legion? Haven't tried dumping DLC gear in original game area yet. Those spears would fit Legion theme well too, like that ring in the goatman picture. If that doesn't work out, hatchets (16 dmg) would be a decent option too.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
It might be more thematic to just give them all 'perks' like Toughness and an Iron Fist equivalent for melee than edit their armour and weapons. Melee Weapon Damage/Unarmed Damage are actor values just like Damage Threshold, so you can buff them with abilities, and it has the advantage of working with any new added armour and weapons.

If you use NVSE to add the perks/abilities in play you wouldn't even need to edit anything directly.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
So I decided to give it another playthrough with honest hearts. Problem is I've installed a couple of mods some time ago and haven't touched it since.
What's the easiest/fastest way to revert back to a "vanilla" + DLC installation and install a few uptodate mods?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Talkie Toaster posted:

It might be more thematic to just give them all 'perks' like Toughness and an Iron Fist equivalent for melee than edit their armour and weapons. Melee Weapon Damage/Unarmed Damage are actor values just like Damage Threshold, so you can buff them with abilities, and it has the advantage of working with any new added armour and weapons.

If you use NVSE to add the perks/abilities in play you wouldn't even need to edit anything directly.

I didn't think perks worked on NPCs?

*Non-companions

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Chinaman7000 posted:

Uncanny valley means its so realistic that it unnerves you, Gamebryo faces are more like a bunch of play-doh came alive and decided to try to emulate the human race.

New Vegas Redesigned is ok for a lot of faces but the choices for the companions are awful from my memory. You can load another specific Cass/Boone/whatever mod over it, but good luck finding one that makes them normal instead of like a 10 year old Malaysian prostitute.

That's annoying. And I though Uncanny Valley meany "Almost realistic, but not quite realistic".

Actually, I either go by myself, or use a Deathclaw or Sentry Bot companion, so it's not a real problem. :v:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

the panacea posted:

So I decided to give it another playthrough with honest hearts. Problem is I've installed a couple of mods some time ago and haven't touched it since.
What's the easiest/fastest way to revert back to a "vanilla" + DLC installation and install a few uptodate mods?

Did you use FOMM? It supports complete uninstallation of mods pretty well via the package manager. If you're not using FOMM, then you'll have to do it manually. You can either look through your data folder for anything that's modded, or just delete the fucker and use Steam's file validation to replace it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Delete everything in the Data folder except the Fallout and DLC BSAs as well as the video folder IIRC. Revalidate just in case though.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Mr. Crow posted:

I didn't think perks worked on NPCs?
Hence the air-quotes. Instead you can add abilities to them that duplicate the effects of perks.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42390

12.7mm SMG, sniper rifle and Marksman Carbine left. Then a few tweaks to existing textures to make the unique versions :3

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Arenovalis posted:

12.7mm SMG, sniper rifle and Marksman Carbine left. Then a few tweaks to existing textures to make the unique versions :3

Great work as always on those textures, though I was kind hoping you would stick to the slightly darker style like the .45 Auto. Still infinitely better than the plastic default.

One little thing, though, your unsuppressed model currently places the muzzle flash out to the end of where the suppressor would be.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
There's a unique 12.7? Also drat, I'm really liking that suppressor texture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Arenovalis posted:

Really, really, really love that silencer. Wish I knew where the heck to find one in-game. The Gun Runners don't sell it, at least not that I've ever seen. Any chance of some textures for the Gobi Scout Rifle in addition to the sniper rifle? Been waiting on those two for a long time. My Courier is a sniper.

And your textures are slowly getting me curious about WMX, especially since it lets you apply the sniper rifle mods to the Gobi Scout Rifle. Would a potential GSR retexture work with WMX at some point?