Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

toadee posted:

yah it just stops counting at 255

Dusty Baker recalibration index allows you to stop counting at whatever pitchcount you choose!! Stop caring after just 10 pitches, or maybe wait for 4000, it's up to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
I joined HBD Aaron last night. Still trying to figure out how to do crap like adjust my budget. I can get to the budget page but it doesn't let me change any values.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Anubis posted:

I joined HBD Aaron last night. Still trying to figure out how to do crap like adjust my budget. I can get to the budget page but it doesn't let me change any values.

Go to set budget, it will let you change the values. It was officially scheduled overnight, and while the first actual day is tomorrow, you can set your budgets. I just did.

I'm probably putting too much in my prospects, but I want to snag a big one. I think I have a 1st round pick this season, but it's probably terrible since this team is so good.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Anubis posted:

I joined HBD Aaron last night.

yesssssssssssss

Dimaggio Jr.! Move over, Ruth and Mordecai! :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just a heads up to the Aaron people. If I decide to re-sign Don Christenson, he'll be available for a trade.
http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=1685801

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

Just a heads up to the Aaron people. If I decide to re-sign Don Christenson, he'll be available for a trade.

51 Power? bleh.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is what my team looks like so far. I won't have to be too active in free agency. I just need another good SP, a few more relievers, and maybe a position player.

C. Brutus Sanders
1B. Russell Brumfield
2B. Douglas McMillon
3B. Leo Montgomery
SS. Brian Strange
LF. David Murray
CF. Esteban Perez
RF. Craig Brow

Bench:
UT Ricardo Guerrero
1B/DH Spud Williams
OF Norm Mercedes

SP1 Marvin Kolb
SP2 Bob Nicholson
SP3 Pascual Polanco
SP4
SP5 Jumbo James

Bullpen:

Mopup Max Montana
Setup Al Dali
Setup Esteban Mendoza
Setup Livan Francisco
Setup/long relief/closer/whatever I want him to be Sal Robertson
Long Relief Cesar Morlan

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Did I mention I picked Coors as my stadium? If anyone has low contact/high power guys or ground ball pitchers they don't need, let me know. It appears that I have got several horrible holes in my team that need improving.

This guy would make Gyroball cry tears of joy: http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2349047
Three True Outcome hero in the making.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 15, 2011

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

You better be marketing him in world chat to everyone else because the goons aren't gonna wanna buy on McKay Duffy, Jr. :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

You better be marketing him in world chat to everyone else because the goons aren't gonna wanna buy on McKay Duffy, Jr. :)

I'm 99% not going to resign him anyway since he's a type A who will definitely be signed.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Sucessfully choked away that whole division lead. So, with our records tied at the end here, I suppose that means a 1 game playoff that I will also choke.

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

edit: OH ALSO loving THANK YOU SPARKY YOU INSANE PIECE OF poo poo FOR GOING TO TWO MOPUP GUYS IN THE TWELTH INNING OF THE LAST POSSIBLE GAME TO RETAIN OUR LEAD BECAUSE YOU KNOW ITS THE LAST loving GAME OF THE SEASON WHEN CLIFF loving LEE IS SITTING IN THE BULLPEN AS SETUP A AT LIKE 98 STAMINA I WANT TO SKULL gently caress YOU RIGHT NOW SPARKY.

toadee fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 15, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I know MBU did this, but it really needs to be posted in here. 106 runs for the Babe. A 50 run inning! I really shouldn't have let this guy draft George McQuillian.
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14951114&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=1

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

toadee posted:

I WANT TO SKULL gently caress YOU RIGHT NOW SPARKY.

If you don't know by now that those guys shouldn't even have been set to be available in a game like that then I don't know what to tell you.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

AlleyViper posted:

If you don't know by now that those guys shouldn't even have been set to be available in a game like that then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes well, tactical error on my part.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I just looked through my Aaron world's team, out of every arbitration eligible player, and every MLB and minor league free agent, I have a grand total of 0 players I'd want back at any price.

Man this team is going to be an abomination

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Todd Coffey owns

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14958689&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is kind of a nice score
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14958299&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, my franchise tournament Indians made it to the final four in their ToC and jumped out to a 3-0 lead.

The series is now tied 3-3...

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

WISC leagues were created. Was anyone else entered into this aside from us three?
code:
Owner	     70M     80M     90M     100M     110M     120M
alleyviper   1-D     2-B     3-C     4-B      5-C      6-D
rmdriskill   1-D     2-B     3-A     4-D      5-D      6-A
tjefferson   1-B     2-B     3-A     4-D      5-D      6-D
Also I'm ranked 48th out of 96 in the tournament based on his algorithm, which means I have a 50-50 chance of overperforming of underperforming!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh god drat it, we're all going to end up in the same division in the 80m league, aren't we?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14959760&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=1

:sympathy:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Haha, my 80-82 playoff team is up 2-1 in the WS in RC&C.

Gaylord Perry's been a monster in the playoffs so far, and I really don't like my chances if it gets back to 2-2. Tomorrow's PM update is going to be really important :ohdear:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Sweat
fuckin'
drop

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Those in Aaron looking for the good fielding and pitching coach....prepare to be outbid. You have no chance.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Gaylord Perry's been a monster in the playoffs so far, and I really don't like my chances if it gets back to 2-2. Tomorrow's PM update is going to be really important :ohdear:

Presented without comment: http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14966506&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

Actually, one comment, Rudy May was set to rest. :stare:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Rudy May was set to rest.

Did you have anyone else eligible to come in?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Did you have anyone else eligible to come in?

I moved '62 Bob Gibson out of the bullpen and into the rotation for the first time in the playoffs right before that update, blargh. I guess my years having no decent RP with an IP/G above 2 finally caught up to me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

:smug:

only cost me a cool $31m which means punting my entire draft

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

nasboat posted:

:smug:

Worth it.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

nasboat posted:

How high are you picking? You might be able to sell or dump salary to get enough money to sign your decent picks, at least.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'm really loving sick of building teams for the 100m WISC league. I just can't settle on one that I'm completely happy with. The three 1m players per pitcher is really loving me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

How high are you picking? You might be able to sell or dump salary to get enough money to sign your decent picks, at least.

17th. I don't have any comp round picks, so I figured if I could somehow get ~4m over into prospect budget, I might be able to give it a shot. We'll see what happens. I only have one guy with salary that I can theoretically move, and I'm not sure if this is one of those worlds that frowns (or downright damns and vetoes) cash-for-player(s) trades.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well, it's going to be close, but I think if I let it offer 70% to all my guys, I should have enough money by about 3 mil. And since i'm going to be out all day tomorrow, i'm going to just have to wait and see.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I've outscored the other team going into game seven of the RC&C game seven 25-18, hopefully that gives me some good juju coming in. It's all up to my '74 Gaylord Perry, who was 15-20 in the regular season but 5-0 so far in the playoffs :ohdear:

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Finally after years I've finally gotten not one but two halfway decent DitR. These guys were both crap before as they usually are. Jair was a guy I targetted from Scrotos in a trade last season with the explicit hopes that he would get a DitR. I doubt either of them see half those gains with their low makeup, but it's better than what I normally get.

Jair Romero
Louis Hunter

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I defy you to find me a better walkoff

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So for those that didn't see, Pecota's 80-82 RC&C team won the world series. He also exacted some goon vengeance in the process, defeating the team that knocked me out of the playoffs.

In other news, Ligapelota got swept out of the first round of our OL. :hellyeah:

I also set two new best performance histories, '98 Mark Grace and '93 Scott Fletcher

And lastly, I love when The Milacki Gambit backfires

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Congrats Pecota.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

The TOC starring Treble In Trouble has started! I got seeded 5th in the East, Kensei's team is 8th, also in the East. Even if we both win against our first round opponents, we play eachother in the second round :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
The Amazing Race

Can I get Vance Gentry through two years of development without exploding?

We shall see.

• Locked thread