Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Old brush gun wood parts look nice enough, but the metal part textures on the retex are just lightyears ahead of that old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Holy poo poo, the mods really do make this game much better than the launch version.

Nevada Skies alone is just amazing. It's now near pitch dark during the night and the atmosphere is so much better.

Is there a mod (or a way to mod) the mouse speed in menus? In the game it's fine but whenever i bring up a menu the curser is a hell of a lot faster which makes it hard to navigate the menus.

edit: i take it the mods are what disabled the steam achievements too yeah?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Kin posted:

Is there a mod (or a way to mod) the mouse speed in menus? In the game it's fine but whenever i bring up a menu the curser is a hell of a lot faster which makes it hard to navigate the menus.

That falls into the "mouse feels like poo poo" category, see second post. Although, if I remember right, it was some other ini file those lines had to be written to. One of the three, there's one in Steams FNV directory and two in your My Documents somewhere.

Also mods don't disable achievements for all I know.

e: Thought there was a fourth line; http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/848156-new-vegas-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Don't remember if that ini was right either. I just put it in every loving ini and mouse acceleration is gone :v:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 17, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Fewd posted:

That falls into the "mouse feels like poo poo" category, see second post. Although, if I remember right, it was some other ini file those lines had to be written to. One of the three, there's one in Steams FNV directory and two in your My Documents somewhere.

Also mods don't disable achievements for all I know.

e: Thought there was a fourth line; http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/848156-new-vegas-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Don't remember if that ini was right either. I just put it in every loving ini and mouse acceleration is gone :v:

Cheers for that.

Hmm, if it wasn't the mods then the only other thing i can think of that's disable the achievements is the noclip mode i had to activate when i got stuck in between a bunch of rocks at the side of new vegas. Neither gamefaqs or the game mentioned anything about those disabling achievements though. :/

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Kin posted:

Cheers for that.

Hmm, if it wasn't the mods then the only other thing i can think of that's disable the achievements is the noclip mode i had to activate when i got stuck in between a bunch of rocks at the side of new vegas. Neither gamefaqs or the game mentioned anything about those disabling achievements though. :/

Came across this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout%3a_New_Vegas_achievements_and_trophies

quote:

First and foremost, using the console on the PC version for any reason will disable achievements for that play session. This includes non-controversial commands such as save. Simply opening the console will not disable achievements; a command must be entered and run via the console.

So guessing it's the noclip thing then.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Buggering buggery then. For a game with a whole bunch of things to do, i was planning on using those achievements as a handy checklist.

I don't think i'm that far into the game so maybe i should just start again. I've done the first town/tutorial thing, Primm (the sherrif thing), the town hosed by legion to the East and the NCR camp with the giant statues in front of it.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Using the console only disables achievements until you restart the game, it doesn't flag your savegame or anything.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

SheepNameKiller posted:

Using the console only disables achievements until you restart the game, it doesn't flag your savegame or anything.

Really? Sweet. I did all that in one sitting which is probably why i missed out on several of them. I guess i don't need to restart at all then.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

It'd be .50 AE not .50 BMG.

Yeah but a .50BMG SMG is way cooler so gently caress yo AE :colbert:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I downloaded the automatic install of The Armory off of Samods and I'm having a weird texture problem. Some of my guns have weird random color and pixelated skins, while others work fine. Do I need to download the manual install and unpack that stuff into textures? I downloaded a previous version of the armory on my desktop at home and it worked fine, but this is a new install on my laptop.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Kin posted:

Really? Sweet. I did all that in one sitting which is probably why i missed out on several of them. I guess i don't need to restart at all then.

Achievements work funny. I had a lot of achievements not show up until weeks after I completed them, and these were all on savegames where I never typed anything into the console. One that I completed about a month ago still hasn't shown up (Arizona Killer).

Another annoying quirk of FO:NV is that difficulty setting appears to be global, not tied to particular games. I let my daughter play and turned the difficulty down to Very Easy on her save. I continued my games and though I noticed combat was getting easier, I chalked it up to my character getting stronger and me learning how to fight in the game better. Nope, the difficulty on all my games was Very Easy now.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

vandalism posted:

I downloaded the automatic install of The Armory off of Samods and I'm having a weird texture problem. Some of my guns have weird random color and pixelated skins, while others work fine. Do I need to download the manual install and unpack that stuff into textures? I downloaded a previous version of the armory on my desktop at home and it worked fine, but this is a new install on my laptop.

Use high texture mode instead of low or medium. Its all fixed for 2.0 which hopefully will be out Saturday at the latest.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Horns posted:

I always thought the brush gun texture was one of the better vanilla weapon textures in the game. Not to say the retexture isn't great, because it is, but I never thought it looked terrible or anything. I actually quite like the color and style of the wood grain on the original, but I don't use the gun much because I don't really care for the style of peep sight on it. Trail carbine's where's it at, maaaan.

Yeah the wood grain on the vanilla Brush Gun is pretty phenomenal. I imagine a lot of the developers fell in love with SWC + Cowboy and got a lot of use out of it so they made it especially pretty.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
Just a quick query, since google is giving me conflicting answers: are Project Nevada and Nevada Skies happy to play together, or am I setting myself up for a nightmare scenario?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

OneTrueBru posted:

Just a quick query, since google is giving me conflicting answers: are Project Nevada and Nevada Skies happy to play together, or am I setting myself up for a nightmare scenario?

They play together.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

They play together.

Excellent! Thanks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Evoq posted:

Yeah but a .50BMG SMG is way cooler so gently caress yo AE :colbert:

Rolling around with the Browning M2 in Tactics was _awesome_. Too bad the later bit of the game was all robots all the time and they had stupid death animations. I demand blood and guts dammit :mad:

:black101: WHERE IS THE SOFT SQUISHY CENTER :black101:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Achievements work funny. I had a lot of achievements not show up until weeks after I completed them, and these were all on savegames where I never typed anything into the console. One that I completed about a month ago still hasn't shown up (Arizona Killer).

Another annoying quirk of FO:NV is that difficulty setting appears to be global, not tied to particular games. I let my daughter play and turned the difficulty down to Very Easy on her save. I continued my games and though I noticed combat was getting easier, I chalked it up to my character getting stronger and me learning how to fight in the game better. Nope, the difficulty on all my games was Very Easy now.

You can change the difficulty at any time, even during a game, you know. Options -> Gameplay, crank that back up to Very Hard like a true Courier.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Coughing Hobo posted:

You can change the difficulty at any time, even during a game, you know. Options -> Gameplay, crank that back up to Very Hard like a true Courier.

I know, but I don't like to mess around with difficulty settings once I start a game, and it feels like it ruined several of my saves because I played large portions of it on an easy difficulty. I don't know why saved games don't save the difficulty you were playing at, they can save information like what mods you were using. Makes it hard to share the game with players of different skill levels if you have to check and make sure your difficulty hasn't been moved down by a 5 year old running around Goodsprings with Sunny Smiles killing geckos every time you load up a save.

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic

Capn Beeb posted:

Rolling around with the Browning M2 in Tactics was _awesome_. Too bad the later bit of the game was all robots all the time and they had stupid death animations. I demand blood and guts dammit :mad:

:black101: WHERE IS THE SOFT SQUISHY CENTER :black101:

What armor is that? Its freaking awesome.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Broken Spork posted:

The main armor looks like Ashur's power armor from The Pitt. As for the skull helmet, I couldn't say.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Broken Spork posted:

It's all from the Black version of Tailor Maid for NV, I believe.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The final round of testing will be coming up for The Armory 2.0 for any interested in helping. At this point, it's pretty much just a dummy check of fixed things and feature implementation.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's all from the Black version of Tailor Maid for NV, I believe.

Yep :)

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic
Thanks, its perfect for a kill everyone playthrough.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Has anyone that uses a sprint mod gotten some weird screen stretching when they sprint? I'm also getting it when I change zones.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Naky posted:

The final round of testing will be coming up for The Armory 2.0 for any interested in helping. At this point, it's pretty much just a dummy check of fixed things and feature implementation.

I'm really looking forward to this, and would be happy to give you a hand.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

What Fun posted:

I'm really looking forward to this, and would be happy to give you a hand.

Awww you done did it now, Naky gonna hold you to it. Seal your fate by joining the irc channel.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
No need, I think we've come to agreement that it's ready for release.

========= The Armory v2.0 ===========

So without a whole lot of fanfare, here is the manual 7zip (505MB) of The Armory v2.0, and here is the current mirror of the FOMOD (668MB) version. If you use the manual version, be sure to read the readmes. They both extract to ~2.5GB.

For what's in the pack, use this database of weapons to check it out. It's also included in the manual installation. If you want to see what's fixed, changed, added, etc. then check it out here.

Included in the pack is the Alternate Armor System, a pretty kickass mod that tries to rebalance the game's armor system to make things feel more real.

If you have problems, issues, want to mod it, etc, feel free to swing by our IRC channel - #TheArmory @ irc.synirc.net or post in the thread. As always, remember that there are commercial assets (like so many other weapons mods on Nexus, but at least we don't try to hide it) in the pack, so while we don't care what you do with the mod, know that re-uploading it somewhere that cares about that kind of stuff like Nexus or other places may get you banned in those places.

Naky fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 19, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Due to hating my life and the sheer amount of entries needed the template sound entries didn't make it in so you'll have to edit the weapon entries again for a sound pack.

Paino
Apr 21, 2007

by T. Finninho
Just started the game, mixed experience so far. A settler asked me to save his girl from the Geckos, but she's nowhere to be found..when I got back to ask for directions he yelled HEY to nothing and ran into a boulder. This happened after 10 loving minutes of gameplay.

Please tell me there's a mod to improve enemy/ally AI without overhauling anything else, because otherwise my adventure in New Vegas will definitely be a short one. :(

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

========= The Armory v2.0 ===========

:bubblewoop:

Now all the DLC needs to hurry up and be released, I'm waiting to play it all in a new game before I return to NV. Naky also put the idea of making an original gun into my head a while ago and I'm still trying to come up with something good.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Awesome! Thanks for all the work you surely put into this. Downloading this bad boy now.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Paino posted:

Just started the game, mixed experience so far. A settler asked me to save his girl from the Geckos, but she's nowhere to be found..when I got back to ask for directions he yelled HEY to nothing and ran into a boulder. This happened after 10 loving minutes of gameplay.

Please tell me there's a mod to improve enemy/ally AI without overhauling anything else, because otherwise my adventure in New Vegas will definitely be a short one. :(

That isn't a quest it's just a weird little scripted event. Go up past the broken radio tower and he'll come up, say haha suckaaa, pull a gun on you and then you get to beat peat on his skull with a baseball bat.

Edit: Don't judge the game based on this it's one of the most problematic interactions in the game.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Internet Friend posted:

:bubblewoop:

Now all the DLC needs to hurry up and be released, I'm waiting to play it all in a new game before I return to NV. Naky also put the idea of making an original gun into my head a while ago and I'm still trying to come up with something good.

I finished mine already including the UV mapping but not the texture, which I will be unable to do unless you all like crayon colored textures but you can still have the nif file for the bullet and sizing stuff if you want it.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I figured you'd have something by now, I may do a different kind of gun than we'd talked about. Really the trick is finding something interesting to make that will work with the animations available now. Besides, I've been in the middle of other projects lately.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Paino posted:

Once you kill all the Geckos and make your way up to the top of the hill (where the fridge and chair are situated), he should automatically begin moving toward you as you descend the hill.

Paino
Apr 21, 2007

by T. Finninho

Omnicarus posted:

Edit: Don't judge the game based on this it's one of the most problematic interactions in the game.

Cool, because atmosphere and writing are top notch and I'd hate to see the game ruined by immersion breaking bugs. I know it's supposed to be a buggy game, but there are glitches and then there are glitches.

Another thing: anyone using the improved graphics mods, and do they have issues like missing/glowing textures etc? I remember having a bad experience with the ones for Fallout 3, and this is the same engine so...

Sodbury
Aug 14, 2009
So... I'm ~10 hours into a game where I'm using Armory 1.5. Is my only option in using 2.0 to start a new file? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Paino posted:

Another thing: anyone using the improved graphics mods, and do they have issues like missing/glowing textures etc? I remember having a bad experience with the ones for Fallout 3, and this is the same engine so...

I'm not aware of any (good) mods that introduce new models, but Arenovalis' weapon retextures and the Ojo Bueno texture packs are fantastic. Or, if you don't have much RAM, the Poco Bueno texture pack is fine too. Zero problems, lots of eye candy.