Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Just saw Planet of the Dinosaurs based on the comments in here; it's brilliant.
Probably one of the best ones they have done, to be honest. Invokes MST3K pretty strongly.
If you haven't seen it - do so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Armourking posted:

Just saw Planet of the Dinosaurs based on the comments in here; it's brilliant.
Probably one of the best ones they have done, to be honest. Invokes MST3K pretty strongly.
If you haven't seen it - do so!

I lost interest in the actual movie after the first death.

Here's a pro tip to all you film makers out there: If your cast, writing, directing, and everything else stinks out loud, don't kill the hot girl with the big norks first.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Is this Santa Claus as creepy as the child labor loving Santa in Santa Claus?

Every Santa Claus in every MST3K movie is a completely nightmarish figure, because if you try to expand and make any sort of logical sense out of the myth Santa HAS to be absolutely insane.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So in the past week two more shorts came out, "The Mysterious Message" which is set up like a cheesy horror story but is actually about the perils bad handwriting, and "Being a Good Sport", which may have the nerdiest references Rifftrax has ever done.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Robert Denby posted:

"Being a Good Sport", which may have the nerdiest references Rifftrax has ever done.

Also, "Paula decides not to ask about all the kitten skulls in the fireplace."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New riff next week, X-Men: The Last Stand.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

Oh good that "movie" needs a beating

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

That's honestly been my favorite of all the X-Men movies because it was just so hilariously terrible. I'm sure the riff for it will be amazing.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
I'm willing to bet they make a running gag along the lines of, "Oh! A new character! I wonder if he'll pay off in any way."

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

I'm willing to bet they make a running gag along the lines of, "Oh! A new character! I wonder if he'll pay off in any way."

I bet they will use their old running joke from MST3K making fun of Kelsey Grammer flipping his SUV.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rirse posted:

I bet they will use their old running joke from MST3K making fun of Kelsey Grammer flipping his SUV.

I believe Shia LeBouf is their new go to for jokes about wrecking vehicles.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
What about Haley Joel Osmand? I think they had one about him crashing once.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the Last Stand riff. It's going to be amazing. Hopefully it gets here after my Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny DVD arrives.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Just saw The Green Lantern, thought it was decent enough but seemed like it would make an awesome Riff. So many moments just seemed ripe for a riff.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Slasherfan posted:

Just saw The Green Lantern, thought it was decent enough but seemed like it would make an awesome Riff. So many moments just seemed ripe for a riff.

Most superhero movies are ripe for a riff.

Speaking of which, where's our Batman Begins riff?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Most superhero movies are ripe for a riff.

Speaking of which, where's our Batman Begins riff?

That and Iron Man 2. I always enjoy riffs more for movies that I actually enjoy watching, it turns into more of a good-natured ribbing that's much more hilarious than outright hate-fests of nigh unwatchable drek. This is why the Harry Potter riffs are awesome and why I couldn't force myself to sit through Crossroads or High School Musical.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CommanderApaul posted:

That and Iron Man 2. I always enjoy riffs more for movies that I actually enjoy watching, it turns into more of a good-natured ribbing that's much more hilarious than outright hate-fests of nigh unwatchable drek. This is why the Harry Potter riffs are awesome and why I couldn't force myself to sit through Crossroads or High School Musical.

When are they doing Half blood prince?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I've been thinking up riffs as I watch things. What's really weird is that I hear different flavors of riff in the different riffers' voices. Like a joke would sound better coming from Kevin rather than from Bill or Mike.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

I've been thinking up riffs as I watch things. What's really weird is that I hear different flavors of riff in the different riffers' voices. Like a joke would sound better coming from Kevin rather than from Bill or Mike.

Agreed. Servo going nuts during Invasion of the Neptune men wouldn't have been nearly as funny as Crow doing it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Agreed. Servo going nuts during Invasion of the Neptune men wouldn't have been nearly as funny as Crow doing it.

Well to be fair they all went nuts watching that movie and if it wasn't for Krankor Pearl would have won.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Well to be fair they all went nuts watching that movie and if it wasn't for Krankor Pearl would have won.

Well yes, I was referring specifically to the Song About Stock Footage.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How am I the first to repost this here?

Yeah, I'm going to be there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How has no one responded to another live show?

Anyways, one thing I've noticed is that on Facebook it's listed the even as taking place "worldwide". Has it shown outside the states before?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I can never watch the live shows because they take place on weekdays and I work nights. :smith:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't even see where I can buy tickets yet.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
They're not on sale yet as far as I know.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The only tickets on sale now seem to be for the theater in Nashville that is broadcasting it. Not the theaters yet (please be close to me in CT :ohdear:).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

The only tickets on sale now seem to be for the theater in Nashville that is broadcasting it. Not the theaters yet (please be close to me in CT :ohdear:).

I've been shocked that we've gotten all the live shows in Savannah.

Of course, I've just jinxed myself.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've been shocked that we've gotten all the live shows in Savannah.

Of course, I've just jinxed myself.

I don't know if I'd call Savannah a college town but it does have a large population of students in various regards, and I would say Rifftrax falls into the realm of 'college humor'. I'm in Cedar Rapids (similar size to Savannah, slightly smaller) but have to go to Iowa City, with a population about half CR's, to see Rifftrax Live, because that's where the University of Iowa is, so they get more entertainment in general.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
The X3 riff was pretty good, I think. I did start it at 3 AM and don't recall much, but I do remember thinking that The Last Stand is a whole lot worse than I had previously thought. 5 years ago was a very different time in my life, I guess.

Also, Netflix finally sent me the House on Haunted Hill DVD, which I will be watching immediately. I can't wait!

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

The devourer of worlds demands a Moon Pie to satiate his hunger!
I bought my ticket for the live show yesterday! This'll be my third Rifftrax Live event at the Belcourt, but the last one with Paul F Tompkins will be hard to top.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I just saw the X3 riff, and I think its one of the better riffs to have been released. I was laughing throughout the whole thing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Locutus of Bald posted:

The X3 riff was pretty good, I think. I did start it at 3 AM and don't recall much, but I do remember thinking that The Last Stand is a whole lot worse than I had previously thought. 5 years ago was a very different time in my life, I guess.

I remember enjoying it at the time because A) I was relieved that it didn't suck entirely, and B) I thought "well, there's gonna be another movie so they'll probably give Magneto his powers back and Cyclops will be revived" blah blah.

But apparently they really meant this to be the end of the trilogy, which is just pathetic.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Golbez posted:

I don't know if I'd call Savannah a college town but it does have a large population of students in various regards, and I would say Rifftrax falls into the realm of 'college humor'. I'm in Cedar Rapids (similar size to Savannah, slightly smaller) but have to go to Iowa City, with a population about half CR's, to see Rifftrax Live, because that's where the University of Iowa is, so they get more entertainment in general.

I've been to all the shows and the number of attendees ranged from 25-75 people.

I guess since it's on a Thursday, it's not much of a burden on the theater.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've been to all the shows and the number of attendees ranged from 25-75 people.

I guess since it's on a Thursday, it's not much of a burden on the theater.

It seems like theaters get a decent cut of events like this (at least compared to first run movies these days) so they are willing to have smaller crowds.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
When I went to the first one, my local theater had maybe about 10 - 15 people there. The last one had close to 50 or so, and I expect at least 75 for this next one what with word of mouth and all.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Same. No one was at the first one, we had about 80 for the Christmas shorts, and from what I hear, around 200 for House.

Hopefully word of mouth gets stronger. I'd like to miss one because it sold out, not because of inconvenient scheduling.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Here in Madison, every show has been sold out. It's why I'm waiting for the day the tickets go on sale so I can buy that poo poo ASAP.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kevin Murphy posted:

Just ended a good day's work by writing a poop joke for a cyborg.

Any bets as to which movie this might be referencing?

Hopefully Robocop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Where shorts always $.99? I Just ordered a bunch of them.

• Locked thread