Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timbo
Jun 18, 2005

He was just another drifter who broke the law!
Lanbas 65 Pally here..... thanks for the invite. Give me a shout if your bored and looking for something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Ravenward is pretty damned nice in all honesty. Its only downfall is stacking.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

It isn't listed in the wiki, what type of buff is it?

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future
It's listed, just that the link to get there is on the right side of the page in the green box for the small brittle stone, not in the text part like one might expect. It looks like it's similar to the druid barkskin line of spells, giving a DS, HP and AC.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
It stacks with everything. That is really why it is so nice.

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future

Tash posted:

Tash posted:

It stacks with everything. That is really why it is so nice.

Uh, what?

Did you mean to talk about the buff limit instead (where you might not have a chance to use it because you already have too many buffs?)

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
That is indeed what I meant. It takes a buff slot that most tanks can only spare some of the time.

amishpurple
Jul 21, 2006

I'm not insane, I'm just not user-friendly!
Banner sucked me in. Been playing Project1999 but this looks pretty fun.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Let us know what you think in comparison! (Once you get over the older client. Ours is older than theirs. 1999 pssshttt.)

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Banner brought me here as well. I dorked around on p99, and then for 3 months on the throwback Time Locked Progression server on Live until poo poo went down for 2 weeks and I didn't really care that much.

But this seems a lot more fun. Is there still opportunity for starting 100% fresh?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Noah posted:

Banner brought me here as well. I dorked around on p99, and then for 3 months on the throwback Time Locked Progression server on Live until poo poo went down for 2 weeks and I didn't really care that much.

But this seems a lot more fun. Is there still opportunity for starting 100% fresh?

I think starting 100% fresh has gotten considerably easier with the implementation of cmal gear which (at least when I played)goons are tenacious about going for xp/drops. Also Ikisith brought fourth a crapload of insane twink stuffs which drove down the price of older twink gears substantially.

Long-story short: yes

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Also, leveling goes super fast, 2boxing is more or less encouraged here, I'm running monk/shaman duo and have like 2.5days played and am almost 40, probably could have done it faster but I wanted to move around a bit and explore/do quests.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Leveling is faster BUT getting to 65 really is not the end. We have lots and lots and lots of AAs to customize your toon at the end game.

There is a lot of room to start from scratch. We have a fairly high rotating population which means people are forming up guilds etc pretty regularly. About 25% of our population at a given time has rotated in within 2 months.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tash posted:

Leveling is faster BUT getting to 65 really is not the end. We have lots and lots and lots of AAs to customize your toon at the end game.

There is a lot of room to start from scratch. We have a fairly high rotating population which means people are forming up guilds etc pretty regularly. About 25% of our population at a given time has rotated in within 2 months.

I didn't mean to say that getting to 65 is a breeze and then you are done with the game, I just meant to say you can get to 65 pretty quickly, even solo, and then you'll be able to find groups and XP with others. EQ gets pretty boring if you have to solo/duo all day everyday, so it's nice that you can get to 65 pretty quickly since you won't find a ton of groups, depending on what hours you play. 1-20 you'll probably be soloing, and then after that you'll find groups here and there, the higher up you get the easier it is to find people that will group with you.

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Winner of the terrible contest
I just kicked around with dual boxing, do you generally just grind? or try to do all the quests?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Acidix posted:

I just kicked around with dual boxing, do you generally just grind? or try to do all the quests?

Mostly grind, if there's bounty quests for a zone I'm grinding in then I do them, but I don't go out of my way to do quests really (though I did take a break and do starfall quests for both my monk and shaman for fun)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Acidix posted:

There's some quests here and there and bounties (which is a bonus reason to grind certain mobs) but for the most part it's the good ol EQ grind.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Just picked this up again with a few friends. In as Puxi troll shaman.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Just had a guy back off a bid for an item and offer to give me them because I had a bid war with him.

People are so nice here, it's strange. :psyduck:

Mr.Success
Jun 15, 2007

Stanos posted:

Just had a guy back off a bid for an item and offer to give me them because I had a bid war with him.

People are so nice here, it's strange. :psyduck:

The community really is fantastic which is amazing considering what almost all online games are like now.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
I am very very proud of our community. I have never seen such a mature, kind crowd in an MMO throughout my life.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
And then there are the goons..

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
I'm still stuck with lovely internet and will be for the foreseeable future. I feel like an rear end taking help and money and stuff from people and not using it. So if anyone needs to strip Drolgin and Abdallah for decent high 20s gear, PM me. Or if you want to play them of course. Not much in the way of cash, but there are some things that might make sense to spread around. Dorf Pal/Kitty Sha, fwiw.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!

Tash posted:

I am very very proud of our community. I have never seen such a mature, kind crowd in an MMO throughout my life.

I don't want to do it but I'm going to anyway. I'm sorry.

The community in WoW drove me away. It's a big deal to me. By comparison SoD is amazing, but given that it's a relatively small community centered around a purely cooperative game, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

Now, if WoW ever comes out with a Rallos-style kill-everyone-you-meet server, I may consider a return, as I'd be able to lash back appropriately at a community without value. The likelyhood of this happening is nill.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

What are your in game character names? We used to play MW2 all the time together.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

DangerDongs posted:

What are your in game character names? We used to play MW2 all the time together.

Gegen and Galelor, haha who are you in game dongs?

haven't touched my xbox in weeks, blops just started irritating me.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

Gegen and Galelor, haha who are you in game dongs?

haven't touched my xbox in weeks, blops just started irritating me.

Teeno is my bard. Crappy crappy Teeno

MF_James
May 8, 2008

do you actually play? Dont think I've seen you on before, although could be because atm I play mostly during hte day when Im off work

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I stopped for a couple of months, and I'm starting up again.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

DangerDongs posted:

I stopped for a couple of months, and I'm starting up again.

guess I'll be seeing you on then, I'm still leveling up tho, only at 43 and 42 so far.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Dane posted:

I'm still stuck with lovely internet and will be for the foreseeable future. I feel like an rear end taking help and money and stuff from people and not using it. So if anyone needs to strip Drolgin and Abdallah for decent high 20s gear, PM me. Or if you want to play them of course. Not much in the way of cash, but there are some things that might make sense to spread around. Dorf Pal/Kitty Sha, fwiw.

Dont get rid of your gear... you will be back sometimes :)

Also the cost of cheap newbie gear is nothing. When we spend like 500pp twinking out a new goon slightly we can make that back easily doing a high level dungeon.

I also would say that SoD is more of a dungeon crawling mmo then anything else. The best XP is just getting 5 other dudes and clearing out a dungeon.

Mr.Success
Jun 15, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

Dont get rid of your gear... you will be back sometimes :)

Also the cost of cheap newbie gear is nothing. When we spend like 500pp twinking out a new goon slightly we can make that back easily doing a high level dungeon.

I also would say that SoD is more of a dungeon crawling mmo then anything else. The best XP is just getting 5 other dudes and clearing out a dungeon.

Carefully making your way deep into a dungeon until you can find a decent spot and then pulling away is classic and still very fun.

robayon
Nov 26, 2001
You will generally find that the player community and devs are all very helpful and cool, for the most part. (Not Slaariel though, gently caress him)

For example, over the years, Robayon has had several last names. Normally you're not supposed to get these changes just because you ask, but if you're polite, and ask a non-busy time... I've had my name name changed twice.

Moral of the story? Don't play EQ under the influence of alcohol. Herb is fine though - I swear like 75% of SoD playerbase is potheads.

ALSO for those dungeon pulls? Use a badass Paladin. Screw mezzing or careful pulling - just tank them ALL

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

robayon posted:

You will generally find that the player community and devs are all very helpful and cool, for the most part. (Not Slaariel though, gently caress him)

For example, over the years, Robayon has had several last names. Normally you're not supposed to get these changes just because you ask, but if you're polite, and ask a non-busy time... I've had my name name changed twice.

Moral of the story? Don't play EQ under the influence of alcohol. Herb is fine though - I swear like 75% of SoD playerbase is potheads.

ALSO for those dungeon pulls? Use a badass Paladin. Screw mezzing or careful pulling - just tank them ALL

gently caress HER :eng101:

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

robayon posted:

Moral of the story? Don't play EQ under the influence of alcohol.

Definitely don't do this. You'll end up making a character named Penorboner and get put in jail.

Not that I have experience with this or anything ... a friend did it...

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Posting for invite to guild, Ranger's name is Masuriya.

Who do I need to talk to for an invite anyway?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Torleran is head honcho of the guild, so you can ask him directly, or just do "/who all goon", and send a tell to someone else in GS. If the person you sent a tell to can't invite, they'll find someone who can.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Never mind! Figured it out :)

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 25, 2011

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

robayon posted:

Moral of the story? Don't play EQ under the influence of alcohol

I logged in my admin character under the influence of alcohol once. The staff thought we'd been hacked.

This is good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
So you were mister gray this entire time...

• Locked thread