Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Any timeframe on this ferg? :pray:

I'm still wrapped up working on the Android app, trying to squeeze out time when I have it. I haven't forgotten, don't worry, I'm just doing Android work fulltime now so it's a lot harder to come home and shift gears into Javascript/HTML5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
This is great. Thank you.

One thing: When I enable links-to-images feature and restrict size of images feature, the huge images are still huge. Is it actually working and I'm just not noticing it?

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I don't know about anyone else, but in Chrome dev channel, and in the latest Canary build, the page navigator's pop-up page list always opens at the same position on the page. Namely, it's positioned perfectly only if the page is scrolled to the top. Opening it for the first time even scrolls the page up to line up with it. Subsequently, opening it will only make it appear in the same spot on the page, but without scrolling up to meet it.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Middle mouse clicking on Youtube links to open in a new tab with highlighting/inline player on doesn't work. Maybe just change the filtering for links from http://youtube.com/* to http://youtube.com/watch?v=*

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 24, 2011

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
I tried to install this and went to the link, but after I installed nothing happened. The logo does not show up in the omnibar, quick reply doesn't work...any idea what's wrong?

Edit: Ok, got it to work in the options, but is there any way to have the icon permanently in the omnibar, rather than only there when I am on the forums?

ManifunkDestiny fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 22, 2011

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ManifunkDestiny posted:

I tried to install this and went to the link, but after I installed nothing happened. The logo does not show up in the omnibar, quick reply doesn't work...any idea what's wrong?

Edit: Ok, got it to work in the options, but is there any way to have the icon permanently in the omnibar, rather than only there when I am on the forums?

If you want it always available, install this extension alongside SALR: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Ferg posted:

If you want it always available, install this extension alongside SALR: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk

Awesome thanks!

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Does the "preferences" item in Chrome Sync not include extension settings?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bear shark posted:

Does the "preferences" item in Chrome Sync not include extension settings?

Unfortunately not (or at least not yet). Something I would love to have available though.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Discovered today that SALR is incompatible with AutoPager. It'll load a page or two then stop working. Disabling SALR makes it work again. This is probably AutoPager's fault and they're still in alpha, but thought you might like to know.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Ran into a weird issue where if I enabled

"Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread"

the "J" keyboard navigation didn't work; however "H" and "K" (back) did.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

crm posted:

Ran into a weird issue where if I enabled

"Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread"

the "J" keyboard navigation didn't work; however "H" and "K" (back) did.

You beautiful bastard. I posted about my J key not working a while ago but nobody picked up on it. I didn't dig into flipping settings around, but yeah, this makes J work again for me, too.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Duckbill posted:

Discovered today that SALR is incompatible with AutoPager. It'll load a page or two then stop working. Disabling SALR makes it work again. This is probably AutoPager's fault and they're still in alpha, but thought you might like to know.

This might be a setting you have in AutoPager causing this. I can load all of the pages automatically with AutoPager and SALR installed. what happens when you right click on the AP icon and hit immediately load 5 or 10 pages?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
has anybody been experiencing this slight "hiccup" with SALR? i'm using 12.0.733.0 dev and Windows 7.

basically, once the page fully loads with all the custom highlighting and whatnot, the screen will freeze for a sec before going back to normal. can't scroll, can't click on anything. the browser itself doesn't seem to freeze, just that page.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Geno posted:

has anybody been experiencing this slight "hiccup" with SALR? i'm using 12.0.733.0 dev and Windows 7.

basically, once the page fully loads with all the custom highlighting and whatnot, the screen will freeze for a sec before going back to normal. can't scroll, can't click on anything. the browser itself doesn't seem to freeze, just that page.

Do you have any adblockers installed? Do you get the same hiccup if you disable all of them? I think someone mentioned that they had a similar problem because of an ad blocker in another thread, but I could be way off base.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Martytoof posted:

Do you have any adblockers installed? Do you get the same hiccup if you disable all of them? I think someone mentioned that they had a similar problem because of an ad blocker in another thread, but I could be way off base.

ah, yea, i get the hiccup because of this version of adblock

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

guess i will stick to the "official" version of adblock plus.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This may be incredibly stupid, but I'm new to Chrome and still getting the hang of things.

1. How do I customize the jump menu? I don't see an option for it in the config.

2. Is there any way to make it so clicking an item in the jump menu doesn't open a new tab?

Thanks, and sorry if I missed answers earlier in the thread.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I just installed this, and I really like the thread/post highlighting. I haven't gotten around to messing with user/thread notes, but I really like the features.

On Unicornback
Oct 17, 2004

Edit, ignore.

On Unicornback fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 5, 2011

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer

Horn posted:

This might be a setting you have in AutoPager causing this. I can load all of the pages automatically with AutoPager and SALR installed. what happens when you right click on the AP icon and hit immediately load 5 or 10 pages?

I don't seem to have that option in AP... but I found out it works if I turn off 'Replace first and last page links with links to the first three and last three pages of thread' in SALR, so I'll do that.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when I check "Enable highlighting of your username", it will break any link URLs that have my username in it. It only affects the display, it doesn't actually change the contents of the post server-side.

Example:
code:
<a href="https://github.com/Geekner/Something-Awful-Android/tree/service-refactor" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">;fork</a>
Becomes:
code:
<a href="https://github.com/<span class=" usernamehighlight"="" style="font-weight: bold; 
color: undefined;">Geekner/Something-Awful-Android/tree/service-refactor" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">fork</a>
The extra <span> is breaking the link.

brosmike
Jun 26, 2009

Geekner posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when I check "Enable highlighting of your username", it will break any link URLs that have my username in it. It only affects the display, it doesn't actually change the contents of the post server-side.

Bam!

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
The page navigator is still appearing in a fixed place on the topic page regardless of wherever the page is scrolled to:

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I don't understand half of what's going on in here now but it's drat interesting to read.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Woohoo take a few days off of reading SA and find pull requests for SALR of all things. Will be merging stuff throughout the day as I have time, nice work everybody.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3405444&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=96#post392383446

quote is highlighted for me because his name has "Geno" in it. it's obv not a big deal but not sure if this was already reported.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Got a lot of fixes coming in that I'm getting merged now. I'll do a bit of testing (anybody building from source I encourage to do so as well) and will hopefully have this update out in the next few days.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Would it be possible to add in support for Youtube HD links? I noticed someone had a widescreen video emebedded, but I didn't remember to look at the code.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Would it be possible to add in support for Youtube HD links? I noticed someone had a widescreen video emebedded, but I didn't remember to look at the code.

I thought I did this a long time ago, or it was at least discussed. I'll look into it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled out v1.4.0. Pretty much a bugfix release, but plenty of bugs fixed.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

If you try to load too many pages at once (with the "Open Updated Threads" option in bookmarks), it can cause every single page loaded in that click (including the bookmarks page itself) to crash out. If you're lucky, they'll still link to the same point in the thread, but this isn't reliable (I've had one of each on two different computers - a U7300/4GB and a 2500k/8GB).

Granted, I'm using Beta, so it could be Chrome's fault, and I haven't tested yet to see if it's a memory thing or something else.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If you try to load too many pages at once (with the "Open Updated Threads" option in bookmarks), it can cause every single page loaded in that click (including the bookmarks page itself) to crash out. If you're lucky, they'll still link to the same point in the thread, but this isn't reliable (I've had one of each on two different computers - a U7300/4GB and a 2500k/8GB).

Granted, I'm using Beta, so it could be Chrome's fault, and I haven't tested yet to see if it's a memory thing or something else.

How many tabs? I use this feature daily, sometimes it chugs but it doesn't crash. Either way, there's nothing I can do in the extension to fix that.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks for the updated Ferg you rock. Do you or anyone else know how to make youtube videos embed in the widescreen HD format? I saw someone do it but I can't find the post now. If anyone finds this could you add it to salr?

Clicking on thread icons doesn't work anymore. Chrome stable here.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 20, 2011

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nope, resolved itself!

The timg-fix seems to have stopped working.

Observe: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417611&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25#post392835379

:saddowns:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 21, 2011

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Further info on the tab-crashy: Looks like it was Chrome's problem. New version fixed it.

If you're talking about lolradium, it seems to work now without it.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Further info on the tab-crashy: Looks like it was Chrome's problem. New version fixed it.

If you're talking about lolradium, it seems to work now without it.

No, I'm talking about SALR. In ... the ... SALR-thread. Shocking, I know :-)

But I tried to disable the timg-fix in SALR, and reloading the thread, and it didn't work either, so :shobon:

Well, looks like my unwarranted sarcasm comes back to bite me in the rear end, because now it works :confused:

Sorry, Sir!

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 21, 2011

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
What the hell. My timgs still don't work. :saddowns:

Was lolradium listed as Default Extension? I've disabled that but still no timgs. I think my Chrome might overall be hosed up though.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What the hell. My timgs still don't work. :saddowns:

Was lolradium listed as Default Extension? I've disabled that but still no timgs. I think my Chrome might overall be hosed up though.

lolradium is a separate script used to repair timgs that shows up as an extension named "Radium is incompetent. Also GA owns".

However, if the sample brylcreem linked is representative, the timg fix now works without it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

lolradium is a separate script used to repair timgs that shows up as an extension named "Radium is incompetent. Also GA owns".

However, if the sample brylcreem linked is representative, the timg fix now works without it.

I know what it is, I just don't have it listed in my extensions even though I know I installed it. I wonder where it ran off to. I know it installed because my timgs worked for a brief time.

In any case, I'm on SALR 1.4.0 and that timg posted above is still broken for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vykk.Draygo posted:

In any case, I'm on SALR 1.4.0 and that timg posted above is still broken for me.

Mine too, now. Again! Red border and everything. I swear it worked before!

Chrome 13.0.782.24 beta-m and the Radium-script is deactivated here.

• Locked thread