Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Laser Vampire posted:

we had a similar problem, also why the cattes aren't allowed in the bedroom

you could try having the carpets steamed, dunno, kinda worked for us

now they just piss next to the fishtanks instead of everywhere

i shampoo the carpet every weekend which contains her to that area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

flyboi posted:

i shampoo the carpet every weekend which contains her to that area

have you been using enzymatic cleaners on it? if you don't really get rid of the pee smell (just because you cant smell it doesnt mean that they cant) they will keep peeing there forever. you gotta soak the gently caress outta that poo poo with nature's miracle or something similar.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

relative_q posted:

have you been using enzymatic cleaners on it? if you don't really get rid of the pee smell (just because you cant smell it doesnt mean that they cant) they will keep peeing there forever. you gotta soak the gently caress outta that poo poo with nature's miracle or something similar.

yes i got a gallon jug of natures miracle i use like crack before i shampoo

believe me, i've done everything i can find/read aside from medication in the last 6 years. gizmo has cost me well over 3 grand at this point in doctor visits/crazy ideas to fix this

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

flyboi posted:

yes i got a gallon jug of natures miracle i use like crack before i shampoo

believe me, i've done everything i can find/read aside from medication in the last 6 years. gizmo has cost me well over 3 grand at this point in doctor visits/crazy ideas to fix this

does gizmo pee in random places or is it just one location?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
oh cattes :allears:

flyboi if its of any comfort both of our cattes are just retarded as gently caress and do irritating poo poo all the time. we try to appease or help in any way we can but at the end of the day....

WELP

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Laser Vampire posted:

does gizmo pee in random places or is it just one location?

just one but god damnit, i'm not adding ANOTHER litter box the drat oval office has 3 already strewn about our living room

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Wizzmo

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

flyboi posted:

just one but god damnit, i'm not adding ANOTHER litter box the drat oval office has 3 already strewn about our living room

pour the whole gallon of natures miracle on that spot, then do the vinegar/baking soda thing on u carpet. idk man, flame used to do poo poo like that and then all of a sudden he just stopped. was p weird. we thought he had a urinary tract infection or something and then out of nowhere the peeing just went away. now he just barfs in my studio almost nightly.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i'm positive it's stress-related as it gets worse any time we leave for an overnight outing somewhere, vacation or something changes.. we had ~7 people over on saturday and she has been really bad since then so kitty prozac should hopefully be a dream cure and calm that crazy bitch down

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Have you tried giving her a stiff drink, maybe a neck rub?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
gizmo needs hugs :(

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
ave you tried hitting her with a rolled up news paper before spraying her with a hose and leaving her outside, just a thought

Nigel Danvers
Oct 29, 2009

have you tried petting her belly? won't do anything for the carpet peeing but it looks like a soft fluffy belly that needs petting.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Nigel Danvers posted:

have you tried petting her belly? won't do anything for the carpet peeing but it looks like a soft fluffy belly that needs petting.

This is good doctoring. Also kitty prozac helped my friend's cat a bit with the peeing issue. They of course waited too long before they really did anything to help the cat out.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Wizzmo

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well I left her at the vet after getting trimmed for urinalysis & blood work. They require this before she can go on kitty prozac... Better add another $300 to the 3 grand I've wasted on this :catstare:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush Torch

flyboi posted:

Well I left her at the vet after getting trimmed for urinalysis & blood work. They require this before she can go on kitty prozac... Better add another $300 to the 3 grand I've wasted on this :catstare:

shoulda bought cat insurance

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
should have bought a non-broken cat

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i wear this crown of catnip upon my pile of cat piss

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

how does one make a pile of cat piss? wouldn't it tend to puddle rather than pile?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Elmer does stuff like this when I'm workin :3:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

relative_q posted:

how does one make a pile of cat piss? wouldn't it tend to puddle rather than pile?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

relative_q posted:

when it dries it becomes crystal so you just scrape it up into a pile i guess idk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
flyboi i know its stressful and not fun to deal with IRL and i sympathize, but from an outsider's perspective your interactions and dealings with your adorable ridiculous bitch diva neuroticatte are really, really funny

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

dis is Henry, I found her outside my house one day when i was chilling on the stoop, gave her some tuna and she hung out for a bit then wandered off. I came home the next day when it was raining and i found her hiding under the neighbour's car, so i let her come inside and fed her again. I woke up the next morning and she'd killed 3 mice when the traps I'd set hadn't killed anything, and she's stayed with me every since

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Jonny 290 posted:

flyboi i know its stressful and not fun to deal with IRL and i sympathize, but from an outsider's perspective your interactions and dealings with your adorable ridiculous bitch diva neuroticatte are really, really funny

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Furnok Dorn posted:

dis is Henry, I found her outside my house one day when i was chilling on the stoop, gave her some tuna and she hung out for a bit then wandered off. I came home the next day when it was raining and i found her hiding under the neighbour's car, so i let her come inside and fed her again. I woke up the next morning and she'd killed 3 mice when the traps I'd set hadn't killed anything, and she's stayed with me every since

gizmos long lost sister

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
y'all cats busted as hell. one of my parents cats i just throw over my shoulder and walk around with and hes all "drat this beat walking".

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

Shaggar posted:

y'all cats busted as hell. one of my parents cats i just throw over my shoulder and walk around with and hes all "drat this beat walking".

this is me and my catte bud

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

LooseChanj posted:

yeah I do this with esteban, but he likes to be facing forward, so I like, holy him so he has his paws up on my arm held at shoulder level and the other arm has his back legs, so he's kind of standing up but still just straight chillin

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
sometimes he wants to sniff something so I have to like stretch my arms out and he's almost laying down at full crazy cat length

Nigel Danvers
Oct 29, 2009

LooseChanj posted:

and me my brocatte. Thought it would be cool to have a kitten on my shoulder, and it was and he loved it too. so much so he'd climb up me just to chill.

then he got big and... well have you ever had an adult catte slowly try and climb up your leg? so I stopped the climbing, but if I pick him up likes to get on to my shoulders and spread out like a catte scarf.

my catte rules BTW

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i love gizmo but christ am i sick of her pissing on the floor

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

flyboi posted:

cover floor in tarp, problem solved

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush Torch

relative_q posted:

alternately just spread kitty litter 4-5" deep all over your floors

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
my one cat angel climbs right up on your shoulders which is very pro catte but he also jumps onto my shoulders from high places when I walk by and sometimes climbs up on guests which scares the poo poo out of them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

relative_q posted:

worked for the mortgage crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

flyboi posted:

one of our cats has claimed a spot on our basement floor and when I cleaned the poo poo out of it with natures miracle and vinegar they started pissing upstairs on shoes so I feel ya buddy