Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Coming back to PN 2.0, I've got a bug that is also being reported on nexus where buying any amount of bullet crafting components causes a crash. I got lucky and bought a single box of 45-70 cases (attempting to buy even that few had caused the crash before) and noticed that even thought there were 16 listed in stock they were all removed from the vendor list after the purchase. I know pretty much nothing about writing mods and mod construction; does anybody have any input from their own experience about what that problem sounds like it would be related to?

For reference, PN states that in this version bullet crafting components are supposed to be more prevalent in vendor lists. Maybe there is a bug in how many are reflected as available versus how many are actually available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

NeurosisHead posted:

Coming back to PN 2.0, I've got a bug that is also being reported on nexus where buying any amount of bullet crafting components causes a crash. I got lucky and bought a single box of 45-70 cases (attempting to buy even that few had caused the crash before) and noticed that even thought there were 16 listed in stock they were all removed from the vendor list after the purchase. I know pretty much nothing about writing mods and mod construction; does anybody have any input from their own experience about what that problem sounds like it would be related to?

For reference, PN states that in this version bullet crafting components are supposed to be more prevalent in vendor lists. Maybe there is a bug in how many are reflected as available versus how many are actually available?

From the Project Nevada thread, one of the authors explained:

quote:

The crafting components already cause CTDs in vanilla, especially if you buy many at once. This has been the case ever since the patch where they changed the ammo boxes and jars to auto empty into your inventory after buying them (you used to have to put them on the ground and open them).
And because PN made ammo crafting components more plentiful, players could buy a lot more at once, making CTDs far more likely.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Naky posted:

Which item/weapon mods are you talking about from FO3? Because I've either already ported every worthwhile weapon, or am in the process of porting it for the 2.5 update.
Obviously I already checked but this one tops my list: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3621

Also I just downloaded The Armory against my better judgment (the only other time I downloaded a big mod from a site other than the Nexus it was VAMP :rolleye:). What popular mods does it make redundant? ie: Shrapnel, XCaliber, WMX, AWOP, etc.

Or will all those big mods fit together?

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 20, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Kaptain K posted:

Obviously I already checked but this one tops my list: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3621

Also I just downloaded The Armory against my better judgment (the only other time I downloaded a big mod from a site other than the Nexus it was VAMP :rolleye:). What popular mods does it make redundant? ie: Shrapnel, XCaliber, WMX, AWOP, etc.

Or will all those big mods fit together?

You won't need to use Shrapnel (you probably won't want to) but the rest are fine.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
For those who are interested in tracking Project Nevada's progress, check out this site. Among other things, it's a repository for all of the Project Nevada releases, including several beta files that haven't been uploaded onto the Nexus yet. A further inspection of the site reveals information suggesting that the team is working (or planning to work) on introducing features such as ambushes and attacks while sleeping.

EDIT:
The good news is that the latest version of PN (2.1) is introducing a loot rarity function, and it seems to be making the game a lot more difficult.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 20, 2011

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
3GB FNV Enabler PLUS Should probably be taken out of the OP, hasn't been updated in months, not compatible with Honest hearts or the latest patches. Shame since I have all this ram and my game just won't stop crashing with the Ojo Bueno textures.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Retrograde posted:

3GB FNV Enabler PLUS Should probably be taken out of the OP, hasn't been updated in months, not compatible with Honest hearts or the latest patches. Shame since I have all this ram and my game just won't stop crashing with the Ojo Bueno textures.

Swartz posted this updated version awhile back.

http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip

Works fine and doesn't even disable achievements.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Retrograde posted:

Download this: http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip

Surprised that hasn't made it to the op yet. I can't play the game without it.

*Edit* gently caress, beaten.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Swartz posted this updated version awhile back.

http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip

Works fine and doesn't even disable achievements.

I don't know, I'm using that one and I never see FalloutNV.4gb going over 1GB. Kind of annoying because I think even just the Poco Bueno textures are making me CTD more during loading. :/

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The crossbow is seriously my favorite weapon in New Vegas now. And all that cool stuff you can make at the workbenches have finally given me a reason to actually look around and collect materials. I never liked silencing my sniper rifle. Felt like cheating for some odd reason. The crossbow feels like a proper silenced long range weapon.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Jan posted:

I don't know, I'm using that one and I never see FalloutNV.4gb going over 1GB. Kind of annoying because I think even just the Poco Bueno textures are making me CTD more during loading. :/

I'll give it a whirl, thanks for the link. Ojo bueno looks so pretty but if poco bueno is causing you crashes during loading as well then maybe neither of them is the best option :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Retrograde posted:

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on the 3GB Enabler in hopes that a new version would be released at some point, but it's looking less and less likely.

Swartz posted:

Download this: http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip

Surprised that hasn't made it to the op yet. I can't play the game without it.

*Edit* gently caress, beaten.

The FNV4GB utility never made it into the OP because it has the really annoying side effect of breaking lip-syncing. Unfortunately it appears that it's the only functional 4GB enabler at the moment. I'll update the OP.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

quote:

Naky posted:

Which item/weapon mods are you talking about from FO3? Because I've either already ported every worthwhile weapon, or am in the process of porting it for the 2.5 update.
So can anyone help me/give me information on porting simple FO3 mods into NV? I tried to just throw the .esp/files into my data folder planning to give myself the item with the console but it crashed NV immediately when I started it up.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Finished this bitch up

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kaptain K posted:

So can anyone help me/give me information on porting simple FO3 mods into NV? I tried to just throw the .esp/files into my data folder planning to give myself the item with the console but it crashed NV immediately when I started it up.
[/quote]

Open the mod in FNVedit (not the GECK) and change the master from Fallout3.esm to FalloutNV.esm. Weapons won't have iron sights and armor will still have DR, not DT, but otherwise items should import fine, as long as you're not trying to place them in the world or add them to levelled or vendor lists.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So much talky talky about a sword so we at Team Happy Happy Geckos took pity and present yet another quality (probably poorly done and completely untested) mod for the unwashed masses.

The Sharp Pointy of Holy Doom, for your stabbing and slashing and cutting and chopping and... knightly ways. N' stuff.

No, seriously, I didn't test it, lemme know if I totally botched it.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
From all the talk going on at the Bethesda forum it sounds like a patch is coming very soon (guessing within the next couple days) prior to the DLC, which sounds like it fixes tons of things.

I'm guessing this is going to break a bunch of mods, but at least they fixed a lot.

Just a heads-up I guess for people making mods at the moment.

@Arenovalis: :D Please tell me you're close to releasing it.

Personally I look forward to any more custom guns you make. I like your retextures a lot, but I just think your new material is great.

I also want you to model me a Smith & Wesson M&P pistol (.40 cal plz) ;)

*Edit*

There's an experimental port of EVE done for New Vegas: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GSVXVZY
It's not what the official author plans, but he endorsed it and linked to it on his Fallout3 page.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 21, 2011

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Swartz posted:

From all the talk going on at the Bethesda forum it sounds like a patch is coming very soon (guessing within the next couple days) prior to the DLC, which sounds like it fixes tons of things.

I'm guessing this is going to break a bunch of mods, but at least they fixed a lot.

Link? I'm curious about what specifically is being said.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Terpfen posted:

Link? I'm curious about what specifically is being said.

Here.

EDIT:

And here, details.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Here.

EDIT:

And here, details.

Very nice, especially the NCR/Followers ending fix. Thanks for the links.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is there any way to make the Underground Hideout less buggy? I love the mod, and I love filling out the displays, but crashing nearly every time I enter the hideout has become pretty old.

If not, then hopefully Portable Tent isn't nearly as crash-prone.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

anyone playing the armory 2.0 (especially with the fixpatch) please tell me your experiences with the Hoover Dam scenario because I tried very hard to make that actually exciting :ohdear:
i am serious ever since the 1.5 leveled list i wanted to make it a fully balanced and challenging encounter :)

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on the 3GB Enabler in hopes that a new version would be released at some point, but it's looking less and less likely.

The FNV4GB utility never made it into the OP because it has the really annoying side effect of breaking lip-syncing. Unfortunately it appears that it's the only functional 4GB enabler at the moment. I'll update the OP.

How do I use this with FOMM? Any help would be appreciated.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ShiningForceHero posted:

How do I use this with FOMM? Any help would be appreciated.

In FOMM, hit the Settings button and the go to the Fallout: New Vegas tab. Under "Custom Launch Command" enter in the Command box the path to your 4GB executable, so it should look like:
code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\fnv4gb.exe
Obviously your install path may differ. Now just hit "Okay" and forget about it forever.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Can any of you mod vets decipher what's going wrong here? Trying to run FNVEdit and it keeps getting hung up when it gets to FOOK - New Vegas.esm

Load Order
FNVEdit Output

e: Actually hold off on this for a few minutes, I just bought Honest Hearts (since FOOK is apparently either all or none on DLC) and Steam reported it as downloaded but only half of it actually was, so I'm verifying.

e2: Steam is all kind of hosed up right, now, I might have to do a full reinstall. Now FNVEdit won't even try to do the patch because it can't find some registry value :(

Mr.Hotkeys fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 21, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Here.

EDIT:

And here, details.

I wonder if the game will finally run without the dll fix. I think it would be fair to assume that a game launched 8 months ago would at least work without some dll downloaded from Nexus.

Dunno of others but mine still crashes without exception if I don't use it.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Fewd posted:

Dunno of others but mine still crashes without exception if I don't use it.

I never needed a DLL fix. Would be nice if I didn't need a 4GB exe, but that's a separate issue, since I've got the Ojo Bueno textures installed.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Terpfen posted:

I never needed a DLL fix. Would be nice if I didn't need a 4GB exe, but that's a separate issue, since I've got the Ojo Bueno textures installed.

Out of interest, what graph card you have? Back when this came out, I had 8800 GT which it crashed with. Now I got GTX 560 Ti and same thing.

There's a funny thing, if I reinstall the drivers, the game will run one single time without the dll fix. That's it. After I reboot or whatever, it requires the dll again. I've gone through forums and there are plenty of people with same problem but no solutions.

Don't really feel like reinstalling graphics drivers every time I play this.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fewd posted:

Out of interest, what graph card you have? Back when this came out, I had 8800 GT which it crashed with. Now I got GTX 560 Ti and same thing.

There's a funny thing, if I reinstall the drivers, the game will run one single time without the dll fix. That's it. After I reboot or whatever, it requires the dll again. I've gone through forums and there are plenty of people with same problem but no solutions.

Don't really feel like reinstalling graphics drivers every time I play this.

That's a bizzare issue.

I do have random crashes but I don't think it's GPU related. I think it's just because Gamebyro sucks.

I run a GTX 260 and the only time I used a dll was until the first patch was released. Haven't needed it since.

Well, if the dll works keep using it. That is strange though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Swartz posted:

Well, if the dll works keep using it. That is strange though.

It works, as in the game launches and all, but it's quite laggy with the dll. There is a huge improvement in frame rate and texture loading times if I run it without the dll, after reinstalling the drivers.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Fewd posted:

Radeon 4850 X2 2GB.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

NVidia, the way it's not meant to be played
:qqsay:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
We might be onto something here - everybody's saying NV crashes quite a lot for them but I haven't seen a single crash and I have a Radeon 6970.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The reason why I play with Texture Quality Medium / Low is that my setup and mod composition can go hours without crashing on a Radeon 5770.

On High I'm lucky to last 10 minutes.

ps get to hoover dam with the Armory's leveled list you fuckers

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic
I tried converting some guy's scythe model over from oblivion but I am having 2 issues with it.
The collisions and the hand positions, When I drop the weapon it just floats and it cant be picked up again

I have tried messing around with everything I can think of in blender and I am just not coming right. (completely new to creating mods here)
This is what I am trying to do, but I’m sure that’s pretty obvious.

Broken Spork fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 21, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Just keep adjusting it with nifskope until you get it right. Sadly, it's just trial and error. Looking at that screen shot though, I think you'll want to move the handle up so the base of where all the points meet in nifskope is where your upper hand would be on the straight part of the shaft and I think that'll be pretty close. If you can't get it right during the day, I can give it a shot when I get home from work.

edit: and the other issue is a lack of physics IIRC. My guess is that the weapon was a shoddy port from Oblivion which has different physics nodes in nifskope than what's required for FO3/NV.

Naky fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 21, 2011

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic
Cool thanks.

This is all pretty involved, oh well I will keep trying for now.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
The easiest way to fix collision like that is just to paste the actual tris into another nif which already has collision.

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic
Managed to fix the hand placement, so im just gonna keep messing with this collision stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
That is what I would do too.