Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dag01
Mar 9, 2004
for you to be inside of me is a delightful concept

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/2454783579.html

Pretty good deal

dag01 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Oh Halifax :allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Eh, for a non-running 79 I wouldn't do more than $5,000,000. Maybe if it was a 77 I might go that high. They had a better transmission.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

"water pimp starter alternator, are all under 2 years old" :haw:

The writing on that ad is a new low even by Craigslist standards.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

meatpimp posted:

I have a BMW I need to sell and I have decided to be cremated, so I no longer need these cemetery plots. Do you have a fun car and need a place to rest your bones? Let's talk.

Well is the target market for a 7 series also the same market that would be interested in such things?

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

Well is the target market for a 7 series also the same market that would be interested in such things?

"Honey, I bought us a really nice pair of funeral plots just so we can be together forever (and stuff). Oh, and it came with some car."

7 series acquired.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/2450842918.html

:staredog: that's quite the paintjob you've got there Mr. Integra owner

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Yes, thanks for sharing it with us and preserving it for posterity (which could be as early as later today).

I think the paint is the least of that car's problems, though it is about 10 years too new to pull it off.

edit: Crankshat? It's not a DSM!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

Yes, thanks for sharing it with us and preserving it for posterity (which could be as early as later today).

I think the paint is the least of that car's problems, though it is about 10 years too new to pull it off.

So wait a minute here: you say the motor is just "rebuild", but it's burning coolant? Bravo, sir. Fine job you've done there. I'm sure the rest of the work done to the car is of just as superior quality. Signe me up.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thanks for posting the pic, I couldn't do that here at work.

That car is a fucken hot mess.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2457244679.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

I have seen that car rolling around on the east side of Des Moines, it looks way worse in real life. And it looks god awful in that picture.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

"Never mind that it's obviously been in a crash and not repaired..."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

New paint job? Did he take it to the local kindergarten and give them rollers or something?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Man that whole ad just screams :effort:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

slidebite posted:

New paint job? Did he take it to the local kindergarten and give them rollers or something?

Sadly my hood has a little bend like that from a cold morning when I was pulling snow from beneath the wipers. The hydraulics failed and it closed on my arm and I had to pull it out. :sigh:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Sitting here thinking "what the heck is a rotter?" so I decide to google it.

rotter [ˈrɒtə]
n.
Slang chiefly Brit a worthless, unpleasant, or despicable person

Seems about right.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!
I automatically assumed rotors, but that's because I'm used to dealing with morons who can't spell. Even so, some of these ads make the average moron look like a goddamn genius.

Footwork
May 15, 2011

by Ozmaugh

VideoTapir posted:

edit: Crankshat? It's not a DSM!

The funny thing is a stock GS-R of that vintage could pull 7k(or near it) and his "tite mods" have MADE the car worthless.

Footwork fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 24, 2011

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
"Jaquar" XJ coupe: According to this website http://www.jag-lovers.org/xjlovers/coupes.html less than 200 XJ coupes exist in the U.S. Wonder if this one has the V12 or 6 cylinder? The vinyl top comes standard on all coupes... due to ugly welds from the factory.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2459556697.html

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

MATLAB 1988 posted:

"Jaquar" XJ coupe: According to this website http://www.jag-lovers.org/xjlovers/coupes.html less than 200 XJ coupes exist in the U.S. Wonder if this one has the V12 or 6 cylinder? The vinyl top comes standard on all coupes... due to ugly welds from the factory.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2459556697.html

That looks like the cherry off a nightmare Sunday. Jag? Check. Lucas? Check. Auto? Check. Salty Roads? Check. Rare Parts? Check.

But having never heard of the coupes before, they really are nice looking. Hmmm....visits jagsthatrun.com

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
A GM dealer found a loophole in their contract that allows them to sell a limited number of Caprices to civilians.

http://ca.jalopnik.com/5815228/chevy-dealer-will-sell-you-a-new-caprice-police-car

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

A GM dealer found a loophole in their contract that allows them to sell a limited number of Caprices to civilians.

http://ca.jalopnik.com/5815228/chevy-dealer-will-sell-you-a-new-caprice-police-car

I don't quite understand the logic in this. GM: "We have a product that is intended for market X, but market Y wants them. We used to sell them in both markets, but....nah. Forget it. We'll just see if they buy another GM car instead."

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Counterargument: "We would need to invest in a lot of marketing, additional dealer support, customer support, and comfort features, in order for this car to obtain a very small portion of the public market, or we can focus specifically on the fleet market that requires very little of all of those."

Cops aren't going to kvetch if their interior panel gaps are too big, and they're probably not going to run the engine on one oil change for 30k miles and then whine at GM for a new engine. Their cost on the Caprice is pretty much limited to whatever R&D was required to make it LHD, shipping it to the US, and disseminating spec sheets to police department buyers. They don't even have window stickers, or all of the information said sticker normally requires.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Counterargument: "We would need to invest in a lot of marketing, additional dealer support, customer support, and comfort features, in order for this car to obtain a very small portion of the public market, or we can focus specifically on the fleet market that requires very little of all of those."

Counter-counter argument here....there are dealers that have willing buyers with NONE of those things. That's my point. They are obviously already at dealers. They are obviously wanted by non-fleet customers as-is.

Footwork
May 15, 2011

by Ozmaugh
The market for the Caprice has vanished, there just is not enough buyers for large non-luxury sedans anymore, the only remaining place in the world where you can buy vehicles like these is Asia.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

Counter-counter argument here....there are dealers that have willing buyers with NONE of those things. That's my point. They are obviously already at dealers. They are obviously wanted by non-fleet customers as-is.

One dealer with ~10 cars for public consumption does not a viable marketshare make.

Footwork is right, people who want big sedans want luxury and status with it (the latter being the problem the Genesis Sedan has to deal with). People who don't care about that almost always want something smaller and more fuel efficient. The people actually most likely to buy something because of the fact that it has a GenIV V8 and rear wheel drive are buying Camaros and Corvettes.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Footwork posted:

The market for the Caprice has vanished, there just is not enough buyers for large non-luxury sedans anymore, the only remaining place in the world where you can buy vehicles like these is Asia.

America is the only place where anyone buys large non-luxury sedans. I don't know where in Asia you think people buy them.

Selling the car here would be bad for CAFE, since for every one of these they sell GM needs to import a subcompact from a non-NAFTA country (Korea) or they get fined. The small number they sell to cops is just enough to keep the Holden facility busy and not lose money.

Basically KENYAN MUSLIM PRESIDENT OBOMBER is the reason you can't have nice cars.

Footwork
May 15, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Throatwarbler posted:

America is the only place where anyone buys large non-luxury sedans. I don't know where in Asia you think people buy them.

Selling the car here would be bad for CAFE, since for every one of these they sell GM needs to import a subcompact from a non-NAFTA country (Korea) or they get fined. The small number they sell to cops is just enough to keep the Holden facility busy and not lose money.

Basically KENYAN MUSLIM PRESIDENT OBOMBER is the reason you can't have nice cars.

I was refering to things like the Nissan Teana and Toyota Crown, and the large Buick that is sold in China. I`m really starting to like Chinese-Market cars.

In addition to the Eqqus and Genesis.

Footwork fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 25, 2011

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Footwork posted:

I was refering to things like the Nissan Teana and Toyota Crown, and the large Buick that is sold in China. I`m really starting to like Chinese-Market cars.

In addition to the Eqqus and Genesis.

The Teana is essentially a Maxima, cars like the Camry and Accord are fairly popular but nowhere near as popular as they are in the US. They are "large" cars by world standards but I'm not sure they would be considered large by most Americans. Relatively speaking they are also much more expensive and usually better trimmed, albeit with smaller engines, and edge into "luxury" territory.

EDIT: Also, the VE Commodore is fairly old and due to be replaced with a new bodystyle, so there's no point bring it over now.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Doctor Zero posted:

Man that whole ad just screams :effort:
Sometimes I feel like it's not a lack of effort and they're just struggling with the concept of a written language. For example:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

What does he have against Russ?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I don't know but I'm pretty sure that's not actually Miles' phone number.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
seriouse 1 tun

Edit: I just had a mental image of a morbidly obese hooker. :gonk:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Footwork posted:

The funny thing is a stock GS-R of that vintage could pull 7k(or near it) and his "tite mods" have MADE the car worthless.

I'm amazed that it only has 64k miles. I guess it spent most of its life in pieces in that idiots garage.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Selling the car here would be bad for CAFE, since for every one of these they sell GM needs to import a subcompact from a non-NAFTA country (Korea) or they get fined.

THIS sounds like the most believable answer to me. I'll totally buy that as a reason.

TheAtomicMan
May 4, 2007

whats that over there

I wonder why he got his liscense tooken away.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
At this point, I really wish someone would go through and voice record some of the best ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I HAVE A RUNNING/DRIVING CAR. NEEDS WORK BUT IT WILL START. HOWEVER I AM TAKING OUT THE ENGINE.