Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I am feeling great lately. Really, really sublime. It's been an awesome two weeks, not just today. I dumped my negative, critical boyfriend last week, my therapist/counselor is amazed at my progress in only two months, my mother and I made chinese steamed buns the other day, and I feel more creative and productive than ever before. Everything is wonderful, the sun is shining, ahhh.

Today I bought some more fabric to make stuffed animals! I love fabric!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

llbdtiberio
Mar 27, 2010
One of my friends is a tory supporter and we had a discussion about the cuts, I countered every argument with a proven statistical fact while she simply spouted the same Tory bullshit over and over again. It might be petty but I'm sick of her untrue bullshit.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I'm about to go swimming in the rain with my girlfriend. Swimming in the rain is so awesome. Everyone should try it. Don't do it in thunderstorms though I totally go swimming in thunderstorms. Yes it's dumb and dangerous, but so, so awesome

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Saw my very pretty ladyfriend at the gym today.
Those legs seriously belong in the Louvre or something :swoon:

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Graduated college, and saw my sister for the first time since she left for Korea last April, so it was pretty sweet.

Plus, I have a job interview at Starbucks this weekend, which will be cool. I've been going stir crazy without anything to do.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
My appendix DIDN'T explode inside me, I was in the O.R. five hours after I decided to see a doctor, and I didn't have to pay a cent for it :canada:
Also, I now can kick back and watch movies and tv and play Borderlands and Zelda: OoT 3D for two weeks!
Trying to stay positive folks... I feel like I have 3 knife wounds in my gut.

SPM
Jan 7, 2009
So after being dumped unexpectedly a few weeks ago, I passed my first year of university and really enjoying my course, got my first full time job starting on Monday to keep me busy in the summer, been really enjoying the gym and going out with my mates tonight :)

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
My husband made tech sergeant! He's in one of the toughest career fields to get promoted in and he studied so hard. I am so glad he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Passed my oral Attorney's Admission exam, loving :hfive: I'm so goddamn happy. I think I had a panic attack just before, most stressful period of waiting I've ever experienced.

Also found out I've been invited to a big dinner function, sweet free party! Now to just find a date...

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

When talking to my therapist about my depression, he noticed some things that he thought indicated ADD and told my psych. My psych asked me some questions and then agreed. I'm now taking medicine for it, and holy crap, even though I never noticed I was focusing badly before, being able to focus on something for a long period of time is a godsend. Using this newly found ability to focus, while I was being driven home from a foot surgery today, I just looked straight ahead at the road the entire time, something I've never done before. Because I was focusing so intently on the road, I managed to stop the driver from running over a little herd of baby ducklings. :3:

Dude you saved the poo poo out of those ducklings! This post made me feel swell.
To contribute, I'm just playing a bunch of video games and I have no real concerns to speak of. :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today I finally wore clothes that didn't hide things that I personally am not fond of. And the response was favorable. Quite favorable in some instances. I've wavered between bashful and smug all drat day (and I sort of like that.)

And to top it off a very cute boy has been inquiring about my availability status. When I'm off work in about an hour I shall inform him of it myself. This weekend may turn out quite different than I had originally planned.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I left the psychiatric center at the hospital last week (stayed for 10 days), and every day my depression bothers me less and less. I haven't felt this great in years.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I got a pretty nice raise out of the blue after 3 months of working here.

Yes. Made me feel a lot more appreciated.

Spaticus posted:

I left the psychiatric center at the hospital last week (stayed for 10 days), and every day my depression bothers me less and less. I haven't felt this great in years.

This makes me feel awesome for you. Depression is an evil, life stealing rear end in a top hat. I am so glad you are overcoming it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I met the cutest and most beautiful girl I ever did see :3:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Mom's finally going into rehab, by her own decision. Big money apparently, and I just got the news via "teary mom phonecall," but the prospect of her finally being sober and staying sober is really incredible, and the fact that she made the decision herself is really uplifting.

Can rehab patients receive mail, does anyone know? She said she can't talk to anyone while she's there, but I want to try and send letters as often as possible if I can.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
I found my favourite t-shirt yesterday by simply asking my sister if she had seen any of my shirts lying around. I was contemplating re-buying it. Also I am about to go to my friends/roommates in about a week's cottage where I am assured we will play Simpsons chess and I am wearing my sweet t-shirt today.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Going to see my girlfriend tonight after almost a month without her :huh:

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.

Geolicious posted:

I got a pretty nice raise out of the blue after 3 months of working here.

Yes. Made me feel a lot more appreciated.

This makes me feel awesome for you. Depression is an evil, life stealing rear end in a top hat. I am so glad you are overcoming it.

Thanks, dude.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

sirbeefalot posted:

Can rehab patients receive mail, does anyone know? She said she can't talk to anyone while she's there, but I want to try and send letters as often as possible if I can.
This varies by facility. You should contact wherever she's going to be and find out what restrictions they have in place. Also they may have some information for you concerning the sort of treatment your mom will be undergoing or maybe a group or something for you to join that will help you understand the process.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My Health insurance paid for that rather important medical testing I needed! :toot:

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Away all Goats posted:

I met the cutest and most beautiful girl I ever did see :3:

:3:
Nothing like a cutie-pie to lighten your day

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Did not get laid off. Got paid. Wooo hell yes.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Got most of my poo poo packed, got more than I was expecting on a whole bunch of DVD's I pawned cause I don't have the room to move with them, and even though my pipe got stolen, my mom just offered to buy me a new one. Saw an old friend, and got to hangout with him before I move back, and found out a whole bunch of poo poo when I went in for my last paycheck that makes me really really happy I got out of there just in time.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
Got re-accepted to grad school after six months of not knowing if I'll get to finish my masters or not. :dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I got to see my absolute favorite person in the world today after not seeing him for a couple of weeks! :) That alone made my week.

Plus we saw X-men which I've been dying to see for ages. It was pretty awesome.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

SilverSliver has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Jul 10, 2013

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Holding on to my Moto Atrix was worth it. Just found out the bootloader for the AT&T version has been unlocked. Can't wait to get Gingerbread and CM7 on this thing.:awesome:

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
Casual morning sex, great birthday for my father's brother and going to Roskilde Festival tomorrow. Hell yeah summer's arrived!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So I posted about a month ago in this thread about finally getting a job after being unemployed for a long time, and that the company I now work for is awesome and full of really nice people.

Anyway, a company-wide announcement went out a couple of weeks ago offering a reward for anyone who recommended someone who was subsequently hired.

I recommended a really good guy I worked with in the past, he was interviewed, he's being hired, and I get a free 750 euro in my next paycheck, plus another 750 if his contract is extended.

Awesome.

Eidt to add that it is doubly awesome, free money plus a really nice fellow former games QA person joining my team :)

Pookah has a new favorite as of 11:57 on Jun 26, 2011

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
My daughter. After fighting for a week to get the day off..yesterday was her first "big girl" hair appointment. Cut dye the whole works. She will be 13 on wednesday and has been having a ton of self esteem issues due to her being hosed with at school by some poo poo heads calling her ugly. She's not. We left her to hang out with ten pounds of dye on her head and when we came back..wow. I haven't seen that kid smile like that in ages, she has this beautiful red color and just looks so grown up. I have never seen this kid look like she loved herself, and yesterday..she smiled so big and just looked like the happy kid I knew before middle school started. I am so proud to be her mom, I am so happy that she finally sees what we do. She's beautiful, she's smart a great artist and I'm glad that for better or worse she is here to make every day awesome. I hope this boost lasts. Yesterday was just great, she's a new kid. I know and tell her all that stuff about outer beauty vs in but it's true if you don't feel outwardly good no one is going to see what is on the inside. Now she feels she matches. And she loves that she looks like Kate Nash/Tori Amos/LeLu from the 5th element. Go on and let them haters hate kid.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Was informed by some random internet strangers that one of my soon to be released tracks got played on the air by one of one of the biggest loving DJ's on the planet

So I feel pretty drat good I'd say.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Saw my dad and uncle today, which in itself is an uncommon occurence, but more importantly I didn't have to rush off to work after lunch, and I saw some pictures of my cousin's two kids, who are adorable.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

:3:

Love this.

My fiancee and I have had a restful Sunday derping about with wedding stuff, getting set for the honeymoon mostly. We've been really blessed with good family and the resources to pull this together. Plus, her bummer job finished Friday, mine finishes this Friday. Case of the Mondays? It'll just be the one, actually. :cool:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Top Gear is back! Loved the new episode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My tax return finally came back. $400 :toot: Too bad I owe my parents for covering some of what I owed for taxes back in April, but a little extra money is never bad.

Also went to visit my girlfriend and she's letting me borrow her PS3 for a couple months while she's moving :toot: Sure the only game she owns is the GoW Collection (which I made her buy) but I can finally pick up AC: Brotherhood and Shadows of the Damned, and maybe figure out her Welcome Back download.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
My rear end in a top hat brother finally went back to the navy after a week's leave spent on my couch. I only let him stay in the first place because my mom already had a guest, and I have resolved never to put him up again unless someone dies. Now he's gone, yay!

I celebrated by cleaning the bathroom, baking an entire package of bacon in the oven that I didn't have to share with him, roaming around naked for several hours, and having a glorious hour-long poo poo with the door open while reading Michael Crichton's Prey (which I know now is a terrible book). Living alone owns.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Got a mother loving date with a girl way out of my league. I don't know why but I've been blessed in the ladies department recently. I think the secret is not assuming every girl won't talk to you because (you think) you're ugly.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

I'm about to go swimming in the rain with my girlfriend. Swimming in the rain is so awesome. Everyone should try it. Don't do it in thunderstorms though I totally go swimming in thunderstorms. Yes it's dumb and dangerous, but so, so awesome

yeah id like to report an asshat improperly using spoiler tags and advocating dangerous stuff its this guy right here

My day was awesome today because I put out my wishlist for everything I wanted for my birthday and my parents told me "Yeah, since they're all from the same place and the total cost for it all is only around a hundred bucks we just put the order down for all of it."

Starting three weeks from now I'm going to have everything I need to start up my pitch-adjusted baritone sax/electric drumkit/modulated looping station guitar one-man-jazz-band.

Yeet posted:

Got a mother loving date with a girl way out of my league. I don't know why but I've been blessed in the ladies department recently. I think the secret is not assuming every girl won't talk to you because (you think) you're ugly.

Also, as an added bonus: You probably have a dick that's bigger than you think it is! Don't ask me how I know this but you totally should so I can brag about my huge dick

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
My partner asked me to move in with him last week, he just got back from getting the keys cut. Considering all the problems I've been having with my current living situation, it's made my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

yeah id like to report an asshat improperly using spoiler tags and advocating dangerous stuff its this guy right here

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Spoiler tags are not just for spoilers, in my book. They can be used to emphasize a point, show sarcasm, or any number of other things. Stop reporting "misuse of spoiler tags". Don't use them too much though. If it gets to a point where I see too many, I will stop allowing them for anything other than actual spoilers or joke punchlines.

Quoted from the rules thread, beyotch. :colbert:

Content:
All the jerky I made this weekend turned out awesome. Also, my supervisor at work declared that it was "No lovely Music day" and made the guy who always puts the radio on the generic nu-metal station with shittons of commercials (96.1 for you guys in the ATL area) stop complaining about it. It was great to not have to listen to Nickleback or Hinder or Skillet at all today.