Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
As you read you think the price seems reasonable considering all that important maintenance stuff is taken care of so at least it'll run---what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

madattheinternet posted:

As you read you think the price seems reasonable considering all that important maintenance stuff is taken care of so at least it'll run---what?

"I baked your this delicious cake, it's got marcipan, apple bits, cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla and a little cream cheese in it. Oh, and cyanide."

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
Or, I potty trained your dog, clipped his nails, cleaned his teeth, put a bow in his hair and then shot him.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Lowclock posted:

If I wish hard enough, I can make that real.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

madattheinternet posted:

What the gently caress are the new alternator, starter, timing belt, and water pump attached to?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

heat posted:

What the gently caress are the new alternator, starter, timing belt, and water pump attached to?

God, I hope they're suspended by wire ties in the engine compartment.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

madattheinternet posted:

Or, I potty trained your dog, clipped his nails, cleaned his teeth, put a bow in his hair and then shot him.

Well at least the fucker won't piss in the house anymore.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

meatpimp posted:

God, I hope they're suspended by wire ties in the engine compartment.

They're more likely attached to the engine and in another car. "Look man, I said I bought those parts recently, I didn't say they came with the car. By the way, it's another $500 if you want wheels, otherwise bring your own."

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That Yellowtop cost as much as a junkyard engine, so its even more confusing. They also don't have timing belts.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DJ Commie posted:

That Yellowtop cost as much as a junkyard engine, so its even more confusing. They also don't have timing belts.

You're giving the seller too much credit. He very well may have painted the top of a cheapo battery yellow.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

If I had even the slightest need, I'd be at this guys door with $3K in an hour. Hell, you could probably get it for $2000 or so considering it looks like an estate liquidation.

Looks clean as hell and super low mileage. Grandpa(RIP) probably got it serviced every few months at Ford too I bet.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1988-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ275035999

quote:

1988 Grand Marquis, 84000 original km, 35miles per gallon, crushed velvet seats, Power Locks, Power windows, Power Seats, 5Litre engine. Immaculate. Always shedded. Selling through estate.
$3500.00 OBO

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

meatpimp posted:

You're giving the seller too much credit. He very well may have painted the top of a cheapo battery yellow.

Or he may be considering a Duralast Gold to be a Yellowtop battery.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

slidebite posted:

If I had even the slightest need, I'd be at this guys door with $3K in an hour. Hell, you could probably get it for $2000 or so considering it looks like an estate liquidation.

Looks clean as hell and super low mileage. Grandpa(RIP) probably got it serviced every few months at Ford too I bet.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1988-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ275035999

Having owned a Town Car I cannot substantiate the claims of 35mpg. 25 was a drat good day on the freeway.

Would be a good buy though if you were into a big gas guzzling saloon. I had my phase.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

yeah, 35 mpg is pretty drat optimistic

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
22s + candy theme

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I drove an '88 Grand Marquis in high school. I don't know where he's getting 35 MPG from, but mine got probably half that. just sayin.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Welp.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

slidebite posted:

yeah, 35 mpg is pretty drat optimistic

Maybe it's in Canadian. :canada: :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well, if your confused as to how your car works, its best not to own a car. Also this car must be Muslim, because it works in ALLA, the country. (please don't flame me muslim goons).

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2463782557.html

On the other hand, it really is a nice 7 series, I always lust of owning one of these.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Well, if your confused as to how your car works, its best not to own a car. Also this car must be Muslim, because it works in ALLA, the country. (please don't flame me muslim goons).

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2463782557.html

On the other hand, it really is a nice 7 series, I always lust of owning one of these.

Screencaps, dude!

"AND MANY MORE THINGS THAT I DONT IVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THEM" is my favorite part.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Wojcigitty posted:

"AND MANY MORE THINGS THAT I DONT IVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THEM" is my favorite part.

In his defense, I wouldn't know how to use a CANADA RAIN SENSOR TELESCOPE, either.

Skunkduster fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 27, 2011

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Luv on 'roids

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

VideoTapir posted:

Luv on 'roids

Image strangely broken, somehow.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kimbo305 posted:

Image strangely broken, somehow.

The truck broke it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SkunkDuster posted:

In his defense, I wouldn't know how to use a CANADA RAIN SENSOR TELESCOPE, either.

If this is one of the iDrive ones (those are the ones with the Pong-esque paddle in the console, right?) I can't blame him either. The only car I ever had to open the owner's manual on to figure out something that should be ridiculously obvious like setting a radio station preset was on one of those. The chime noise they make when you put the key in the ignition still enrages me. It's like a taunt.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
What enrages me is the knob, it rotates, clicks down, and moves like a joystick up left and right......but not down? THAT was the line BMW?

Germans should never be allowed to design a UI.

But, on topic...I don't think iDrive hit until about 2002ish.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Mighty Horse posted:

..but not down?

You obviously understand my pain. Seriously. Not down. WTF?

How is down not the first thing you think of for "accept/activate current selection"?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

madattheinternet posted:

They're more likely attached to the engine and in another car. "Look man, I said I bought those parts recently, I didn't say they came with the car. By the way, it's another $500 if you want wheels, otherwise bring your own."

This just gave me a flashback to this scene in Moving.

I forgot Richard Pryor had a black 900 in this..

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
E38's are sans iDrive. They are actually quite simplistic in terms of use, my E39 is basically a E38 minus a few things.

2002 7XX is when the iDrive first appeared.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Wish I could post a screenshot, but I'm in linux and don't know what I'm doing and this computer doesn't have a hard drive.

Is this a different language?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2458374426.html

paifanter nissa posted:

model 1994 millas 165000 best offerfor for cuestion cal 843 926 2856

edit: VVVV Thanks man

whose tuggin fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 28, 2011

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Scientist posted:

Is this a different language?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2458374426.html

This must be preserved for all time.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Motronic posted:

It's like he used Dragon NaturallySpeaking with a mouth full of rocks.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
You know what's been bothering me, though?

How in the gently caress did he figure out how to upload a picture?

I will never understand people.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Another good one in motorcycle form

quote:

I have 05 gsxr 750 wit 92xx miles that still will go up due to I still ride it...it hasnew hel brake lines blue to match the bike...yosh slip on that the prev owner drop the bike and banged it up and the rear seat but I may have it recovered soon...only thing I would trade for is srt4 and yah they r lil more than the bike but if ur car can do 180 plus and do wheelies and do turns like u can on a bike then ill put money up on top of bike but other than that don't ask... my email comes right to my phone so i get it most likely right away if phones not bein gay thanks

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Take him a BMX bike and say yeah the motorcycle is a lil more than the bike but it can do wheelies and if yours can do backflips and poo poo I'll throw some money on top

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Motronic posted:

This one was pretty clearly written by a native Spanish speaker. cu instead of q, millas instead of miles with the adjective before the noun, etc.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

FatCow posted:

This one was pretty clearly written by a native Spanish speaker. cu instead of q, millas instead of miles with the adjective before the noun, etc.

While you are probably right, how in the world did he come up with Paifanter? It is written all of over the car. How can you be illiterate and use craigslist at the same time?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Motronic posted:

this is not at all out of the norm here in NOVA.
what kills me is when they can't even spell in Spanish either.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WITIfVZos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I'm doubting he'll want my high milage Saturn though.