Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Most racist no-hitter ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Now that we've got a league number for champs and chumps, does anyone have a name for this team? As usual, I can't think of one.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

ArtVandelay posted:

does anyone have a name for this team? As usual, I can't think of one.

Writer's Block

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Writer's Block

:butt:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Virgil Lewis Triple Crown Watch 2011

Exactly halfway through the season, Lewis is:

-1st in the NL in AVG (.346, leading by .008)
-3rd in the NL in HR (24, trailing by 3)
-2nd in the NL in RBI (74, trailing by 6)

And he's 21 :haw: I will never stop posting about Virgil

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I love when you set a guy to 100/120 with a 1 call to try and rest your bullpen, then Sparky pulls him after six innings without hitting his TPC and without having been lifted for a pinch-hitter.

e: oh man, there's an awesome e-peen contest going on in my OL

code:
06/26 11:24	besterateam	guess i should feel happy i have thunder's only 2 losses... 
06/26 12:13	kenny45	        You mean "cookie boy"? 
06/26 17:38	thunder1008	Rookies should be seen but not heard. Especially when their own 
                                rosters are anchored by ubercookies Addie Joss, Ed Walsh, Bob Milacki, Howard 
                                Johnson and Chipper Jones. 
06/26 17:41	thunder1008	Come to think of it, we've seen that Joss/Walsh combination before, haven't we? 
                                Death Panel Finalist, maybe? No Whitey Bulger award for you, Llama Lips Kenny. 
06/26 18:15	jlin05	        stop being a tool thunder, "rookies should be seen not heard"? your a ***, try to 
                                take a girl on a date rather than start one of your 50 leagues... 
06/26 18:17	jlin05	        congrats on being a 'hall of fame' loser - now go cry and have sex with your rubber 
                                vagina 
06/26 18:33	kenny45	        thunder1008 = "Cookie Monster" 

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 26, 2011

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Yes, that would be Cla Meredith the reliever

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is an interesting league that I joined. Looks like a bunch of the usual suspects are joining it too.
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=441007&TopicsTimeframe=30

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

This is an interesting league that I joined. Looks like a bunch of the usual suspects are joining it too.
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=441007&TopicsTimeframe=30

So, I get access to any 1997 AL shortstop. Am I crazy for going with Nomar over Jeter or A Rod?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

So, I get access to any 1997 AL shortstop. Am I crazy for going with Nomar over Jeter or A Rod?

Have fun trying to afford Nomar.

Here's what I've ended up with

Not in love with it but assuming this goes down similarly to the 15 Worst Teams league I think I'll be in good shape.

Frasier was the worst draw possible. Every other page I got I could get at least one decent player or a 200k guy out of but Frasier was loving terrible. His only halfway useable season is 260+ pretty bad innings. His cheapest season is 1.5m and so bad that it's not even worth using as a mopup guy. Alas the lesser of two evils in this case is spending 1.5m just to send a guy down to AAA. If not for Frasier I could really put together a pretty strong team.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Have fun trying to afford Nomar.

My team is going to suck. Looks like i'm being forced to use some bad players. I have no choice but to use the likes of 1890 John Sneed and a mediocre season of Don Clendenon.

I guess it's a good thing this league has no chance of filling :v:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Donn Clendenon rules

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm not entirely sure when this happened, but check this poo poo out!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Jim Rice : MLB :: Art : WIS

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

AlleyViper posted:

Most feared owner of our generation

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Are we ready to start our book yet?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

I really don't think this comparison is fair anymore. I've been to 2 world series, i've won one of them. I have these teams currently about to make the playoffs...

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Come see Art Vandelay, starring in the hit off-Broadway production of What Is a Joke? The heartwarming tale of a young man fighting for respect and redemption has been hailed by critics as "eccentric," "outrageous" and "quixotic." Music by Stephen Sondheim, featuring hit tunes "Win One For the Bipper!" and "Ode to Damaso Garcia." What Is a Joke? is fun for all ages, don't miss the theater event of the summer!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Come see Art Vandelay, starring in the hit off-Broadway production of What Is a Joke? The heartwarming tale of a young man fighting for respect and redemption has been hailed by critics as "eccentric," "outrageous" and "quixotic." Music by Stephen Sondheim, featuring hit tunes "Win One For the Bipper!" and "Ode to Damaso Garcia." What Is a Joke? is fun for all ages, don't miss the theater event of the summer!

I would find it hilarious if you all didn't really think that.

Edit: Also, the next team I make will have Damaso again for old time sake.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Future WiS watch: Jose Reyes this year has 4.23 3B/100AB

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm pretty sure my random pages team is impossible. It's also unbelievably awful, especially the pitching choices. This is what I have so far.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Future WiS watch: Jose Reyes this year has 4.23 3B/100AB

This is actually down from a few weeks ago and he had been posting a 2B/100 higher than 7, too.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

WiS email posted:

Congratulations! Your team, 'Power Blackout Bingo Style' has advanced to the Great 8 in the East region of Baseball Tournament of Champions MLBT1397. The round 3 Tournament of Champions games have been scheduled to begin on 6/29/2011

:sweatdrop:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hopefully you have better luck than me, I'm down 0-2 in "the great eight" in two really demoralizing games.

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15040846&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15048584&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I had to rebuild my Random BBR page team since I didn't account for a DH the first time. Here's the revamped look. While this team is worse I actually like it more because Jared Sandberg. I still hate Vic Frasier.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Lonnie Gsmith nice

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Game 1: http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15056363&pid=2&pbp=1

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh COME ON

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15054844&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

That blows. I just noticed (and will likely jinx) that I have a 19 game winning streak in Two Man Band. I had no idea.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

kensei posted:

That blows. I just noticed (and will likely jinx) that I have a 19 game winning streak in Two Man Band. I had no idea.
(and will likely jinx)!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

(and will likely jinx)!

:smith:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15057913&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

I got hosed by my manager so many times this game

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Baines, Raines and Addiemobiles

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I finally overtook DOMINICAN BOGGS which is great because this team could really use home field

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Lou Brock trying to make MBU proud

e: on a related note, '68 Lou Brock is awesome. I've used him 3 or 4 times now and he has been great every time.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Lou Brock trying to make MBU proud

e: on a related note, '68 Lou Brock is awesome. I've used him 3 or 4 times now and he has been great every time.

I don't think anyone on Treble in Trouble got more than 3 triples in a game, dang

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15062510&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95 What the gently caress

I will note that Pedro is no liar

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
The regular season in Aaron is about to begin. Last year's division winner in the AL South had a 76-86 record. I'm hoping I can mash enough dingers in Monterrey to get near .500.

Behold:

and vomit:

let's see how this little experiment goes.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 30, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

And here is my Aaron team. I barely made any changes to a team that won 95 games and won the division handily last season. I'm hopefully this team will handily win again!

Keep in mind that my scouting is beyond terrible, so these current ratings don't really mean much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Yaaay

Boooo

• Locked thread