Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

got dat wmd posted:

a british novel written in the 50s by an aristocratic globetraveling wwii hero is racist? SUPRISING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
james bond hates the beatles lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Clive Cussler had to get his ideas from somewhere.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

want an unreadable wall of spergout?

here you go! :tipshat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Monty_Hall_problem

article: 9679 words
talk: 23441 words

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

behind one door is a car, behind the other two is the goatman

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
how many posts before the specific wording in the vos Savant problem statement is debated

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

axolotl farmer posted:

behind one door is a car, behind the other two is the goatman

i would watch the hell out of that gameshow

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

did you make it through the entire Baroque cycle or gave up after the first one like I should have done?

i gave up after the first one :woop:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

duTrieux posted:

I'm currently working on some Bond novels which are surprisingly goddamn racist.
have you gotten to the chigroes yet? that's the best part.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i read all the flemming books and dont remember them being that racist other than describing some of the black guys in live and let die as 'black as night' or whatever

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FMguru posted:

have you gotten to the chigroes yet? that's the best part.

:stare:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Bond followed the Negro across the slippery concrete floor to a wooden bench alongside a pair of dilapidated shower cubicles in one of which a naked body hung with mud was being hosed down by a man with a cauliflower ear,

“Be right with you,” said the Negro casually, his big feet slapping against the wet floor as he sauntered off about his business. Bond watched the huge rubbery man, and his skin cringed at the thought of putting his body into the dangling pudgy hands with their lined pink palms.

Bond had a natural affection for coloured people, but he reflected how lucky England was compared with America where you had to live with the colour problem from your schooldays up. He smiled as he remembered something Felix Leiter had said to him on their last assignment together in America. Bond had referred to Mr. Big, the famous Harlem criminal, as “that damned friend of the family.” Leiter had picked him up. “Careful now, James,” he had said. “People are so drat sensitive about colour around here that you can't even ask a barman for a jigger of rum. You have to ask for a jegro.”

The memory of Leiter’s wisecrack cheered Bond up.

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 28, 2011

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Oh, that.

Diamonds are Forever is really good though.

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Trig Discipline posted:

i gave up after the first one :woop:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

quote:

OpenCola is a brand of cola unique in that the instructions for making it are freely available and modifiable. Anybody can make the drink, and anyone can modify and improve on the recipe as long as they, too, license their recipe under the GNU General Public License. Since recipes are, by themselves, not copyrightable, the legal basis for this is untested.[1]

The original version 1.0 was released on 27th January 2001. Current Version is 1.1.3. Although originally intended as a promotional tool to explain free and open source software, the drink took on a life of its own and 150,000 cans were sold. The Toronto-based company Opencola founded by Grad Conn, Cory Doctorow, and John Henson became better known for the drink than the software it was supposed to promote. Laird Brown, the company's senior strategist, attributes its success to a widespread mistrust of big corporations and the "proprietary nature of almost everything."

you can almost taste the crippling asperger's

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

CraigK posted:

isn't that the stuff that doesn't have a trace of kola nuts in it but is (fraudulently) called "cola" anyway?

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

that awful man posted:

isn't that the stuff that doesn't have a trace of kola nuts in it but is (fraudulently) called "cola" anyway?

Go ahead and sue. What the gently caress are Cory Doctorow's assets? A thousand steampunk fetish masks and a porkpie hat?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
sue him for boingboing and see if it's possible to make it shittier than it already is

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

CraigK posted:

hahaha, he thinks selling 150,000 cans of cola demonstrates a "widespread mistrust of big corporations"

dr. pepper probably sells that many cans of squirt in fargo, north dakota every week

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
what's the shittiest thing cory doctorow has invented, that or the word copyfight

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Lamont Cranston posted:

what's the shittiest thing cory doctorow has invented

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Lamont Cranston posted:

what's the shittiest thing cory doctorow has invented, that or the word copyfight

that story where the guy hacks his own body and metabolism with open source Linux and becomes a superhuman

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a book titled "for the win"

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

axolotl farmer posted:

that story where the guy hacks his own body and metabolism with open source Linux and becomes a superhuman

on the one hand, i don't want to believe this is a real thing

on the other hand, cory doctorow

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh
His weird fixation on 3D printers.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

that awful man posted:

on the one hand, i don't want to believe this is a real thing

on the other hand, cory doctorow

http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/feature/2002/08/28/0wnz0red/index.html

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

3d pritners are neat but things like reprap and a lot of ther homemade cnc and such are just shameful

put a dremel on a 3axis frame and you've already got something 100x better

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

what

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Coffee Quack posted:

homemade cnc

mods, namechange to CNC Music Factory, please

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

that awful man posted:

mods, namechange to C++ Music Factory, please

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

K&R FactoryFactory

also i like repraps :saddowns:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

hmm i wonder what kind of far-out brainstorming sessions prompted this masterpiece..

the first drat sentence posted:

Programmers who hack their own bodies don't need exercise

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

hmm i wonder what kind of far-out brainstorming sessions prompted this masterpiece..
I have a friend who has been trying to do this for like 5 years he takes handfuls of supplements [I don't even know if all of them are legal] and tries all these bizarre diets and keeps getting fatter it's like he hates eating normally and exercise so very much that he'll do anything to avoid them

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

I have a friend who has been trying to do this for like 5 years he takes handfuls of supplements [I don't even know if all of them are legal] and tries all these bizarre diets and keeps getting fatter it's like he hates eating normally and exercise so very much that he'll do anything to avoid them

I've lost some weight and saw some people I knew at the bar one night. They asked me how I did it so I told them I've been working out and eating healthy.

One and all were like "gently caress that" and went back to their nachos and beer.

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

golgo13sf posted:

I've lost some weight and saw some people I knew at the bar one night. They asked me how I did it so I told them I've been working out and eating healthy.

One and all were like "gently caress that" and went back to their nachos and beer.

to be fair, nachos and beer are pretty great.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

mr_jim posted:

to be fair, nachos and beer are pretty great.

Well, yeah, that's a given. That's why you set aside 1 day a week to eat whatever and not feel guilty about it, that's the secret to staying sane while dieting.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

axolotl farmer posted:

want an unreadable wall of spergout?

here you go! :tipshat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Monty_Hall_problem

article: 9679 words
talk: 23441 words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Monty_Hall_problem

:stare:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

K&R FactoryFactory

also i like repraps :saddowns:

i like the idea but you have to admit that at present the nozzle may as well be a gluegun

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I don't even get what they are fighting about. Monty Hall is kind of anti-intuitive, but it's not like it's hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
they're arguing which wording mumble mumble