Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SourceElement posted:

I was browsing the Gun Runners' inventory and found a "Quad Shotgun" for relatively cheap. The name is right: four barrels of killing power. It is The Best Gun.

Cass is extremely jealous because I won't let her play with my new toy.

The Armory keeps surprising me in awesome ways! :keke:

EDIT:

So I've been tinkering around with the latest build of Project Nevada 2.1. They've scrapped the rather cumbersome original menu in favor of using MCM, which allows you to tweak and customize the overhaul a lot more than before. Want to manually adjust the rarity levels for every tier of food loot? You can do that. Set the encumbrance multiplier to some arbitrary amount? You can do that too. Now that there are literally pages of adjustable variables, the mod's starting to remind me a whole lot more of FWE, and I think that's going to please a lot of people who are looking for a harder wasteland experience. They've also introduced WMX support for the additional guns, so you can pimp out your .22 revolver or auto-gauss.

I've been using it in conjunction with:
Better Companions v1.1 which disables magic companion auto-heal after combat and removes their unlimited ammo. It also enables them to use doctor bags and antivenom, and fixes their passive / aggressive modes so they won't blow your cover when you're sneaking around.
Manual Reload which prevents weapons from automatically reloading when they're swapped out or empty, so backup weapons are actually useful now and you aren't forced into a reloading animation in the middle of a firefight.
More Realistic Aiming another highly-customizable MCM mod that mimics aiming "jitter" when using iron-sights, and factors in things like hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation to magnify those effects.

This game's hard as balls now. :clint:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

SourceElement posted:

I was browsing the Gun Runners' inventory and found a "Quad Shotgun" for relatively cheap. The name is right: four barrels of killing power. It is The Best Gun.

Cass is extremely jealous because I won't let her play with my new toy.

The Armory keeps surprising me in awesome ways! :keke:

Yeah, I found the quad shotgun a short while ago myself at the same place. High ammo consumption due to 4 shots a round but it's amazingly powerful.

About The Armory, the companion gun problem solved itself after I enabled the optional esp. Thing is, I never found the briefcase at goodsprings and it just worked. I still can't get Tabitha to use any new weapon however, even vanilla ones. So I really don't know what the exact problem could be, but I should probably just let it go and be glad everyone else uses weapons I give them now.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
E: original question was dumb...

Does the Armory conflict with FOOK, Project Nevada, or Classic Fallout Weapons at all?

Siljmonster fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 29, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Siljmonster posted:

E: original question was dumb...

Does the Armory conflict with FOOK, Project Nevada, or Classic Fallout Weapons at all?

It shouldn't.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Cubemario posted:

About The Armory, the companion gun problem solved itself after I enabled the optional esp. Thing is, I never found the briefcase at goodsprings and it just worked. I still can't get Tabitha to use any new weapon however, even vanilla ones. So I really don't know what the exact problem could be, but I should probably just let it go and be glad everyone else uses weapons I give them now
Super Mutants use a special weapon list of allowed weapons. Look under form lists for something like SuperMutantWeapons or something similar.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

rope kid posted:

Super Mutants use a special weapon list of allowed weapons. Look under form lists for something like SuperMutantWeapons or something similar.

Well now, I guess we'll have to decide which weapons of pain we should let the super mutants kill all of you with... or let your pet super mutants kill your foes with, I suppose.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

BTW, this is why Lily initially could not use weapons like Mercy or Oh, Baby! We patched in the updated formlist to allow those.

N.B.: Super Mutants have very limited animation sets, so most weapons are excluded by default for a very good reason.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Sole.Sushi posted:

Since you guys are starting to do some unique weapons (which is totally awesome), why not do some weapons that are totally impractical/improbable in the real world? Like a shotgun with a revolver cylinder or some poo poo (yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but it sounds cool in my head :shobon:)

Bioshock 2 has a shotgun that can be upgraded to have two revolver cylinders, be charged with a tesla coil, and on top of that it can use phosphorous ammo. It looks exactly as awesome as it sounds and would totally work in the Fallout universe.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
What's the best wearable cigarette mod? I have this one, but it gets all screwy if I try to wear the cigarette and I don't know where the conflict could possibly be. Smoking works fine, though.

Also Nevada Skies seems kind of neat but I get a weird problem where the clouds don't pop in until 15 seconds after I've gone outside.

And last but not least, it's pretty irritating that the Readius disables the light every time you use it, does anyone have any other recommendations for pipboy removing mods? Not having that dumb thing on my arm is my main concern, though it's a shame since the rest of Readius is pretty cool.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Requiem updated finally but the file's split in half using hjsplit. It has a (lovely and awkward) installer/updater that takes forever to execute its task. The upside is it has a lot of fixes, and is supposed to fix the pathfinding issues.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Also Nevada Skies seems kind of neat but I get a weird problem where the clouds don't pop in until 15 seconds after I've gone outside.

I got same thing with Western Sky, at least on my end it's caused by the dll fix loving up texture loading times.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I think I've fallen in love with the Eyebot helmet.

It just makes you look so...stupid. Like a retarded spaceman, or another FO3 Mechanist that wants to be a robot. ED-E and I make the perfect pair.

EDIT: Just realized I haven't even tried it out with the space suit. :aaaaa:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cubemario posted:

Yeah, I found the quad shotgun a short while ago myself at the same place. High ammo consumption due to 4 shots a round but it's amazingly powerful.

About The Armory, the companion gun problem solved itself after I enabled the optional esp. Thing is, I never found the briefcase at goodsprings and it just worked. I still can't get Tabitha to use any new weapon however, even vanilla ones. So I really don't know what the exact problem could be, but I should probably just let it go and be glad everyone else uses weapons I give them now.

If by Tabitha you mean Lily, Super Mutants need specific weapons manually rigged to them.

It's annoying and painful and has potential for mod conflicts, so we didn't do that.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yes I meant Tabitha, I got my characters confused dearie. Thanks for the responses, good to know these things.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

For use with the Armory, is there a (mod for a) shop that draws from the same lists as the Gun Runners so having a very broad stock, but doesn't only sell 100% condition weapons? Mint weapons just cost so much.

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006
Can anyone tell me where you start the Burning Sands mod? I looked all around Novac and I can't find an elevator anywhere.

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*
Apropos of nothing, but

Owned, Hank. Owned.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Why is there still no mod to make Victor a companion? He is the ultimate brobot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

EDIT:

So I've been tinkering around with the latest build of Project Nevada 2.1. They've scrapped the rather cumbersome original menu in favor of using MCM, which allows you to tweak and customize the overhaul a lot more than before. Want to manually adjust the rarity levels for every tier of food loot? You can do that. Set the encumbrance multiplier to some arbitrary amount? You can do that too. Now that there are literally pages of adjustable variables, the mod's starting to remind me a whole lot more of FWE, and I think that's going to please a lot of people who are looking for a harder wasteland experience. They've also introduced WMX support for the additional guns, so you can pimp out your .22 revolver or auto-gauss.

I've been using it in conjunction with:
Better Companions v1.1 which disables magic companion auto-heal after combat and removes their unlimited ammo. It also enables them to use doctor bags and antivenom, and fixes their passive / aggressive modes so they won't blow your cover when you're sneaking around.
Manual Reload which prevents weapons from automatically reloading when they're swapped out or empty, so backup weapons are actually useful now and you aren't forced into a reloading animation in the middle of a firefight.
More Realistic Aiming another highly-customizable MCM mod that mimics aiming "jitter" when using iron-sights, and factors in things like hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation to magnify those effects.

This game's hard as balls now. :clint:

Does More Realistic Aiming conflict with Project Nevada's scope wobble at all? I *think* PN has some sort of recoil or something built into it. A while ago, I ripped the recoil script out of that other lovely overhaul mod, only to find PN had something very similar :(. Thanks for the recommendations, though. I have to re-endorse Manual Reload here, as well, as it loving owns.

The Project Nevada 2.1 WMX patch is sweet, which I'm just starting to try right now. Most of the meshes were done by the WMX guy himself, so the quality is superb.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

What's the best wearable cigarette mod? I have this one, but it gets all screwy if I try to wear the cigarette and I don't know where the conflict could possibly be. Smoking works fine, though.

And last but not least, it's pretty irritating that the Readius disables the light every time you use it, does anyone have any other recommendations for pipboy removing mods? Not having that dumb thing on my arm is my main concern, though it's a shame since the rest of Readius is pretty cool.

PoliceAutomatron released Smokeable Cigarettes, which is basically a perfect version of the cigarette mods. No bullshit. It's great.

Speaking of which, PoliceAutomatron, would you be able to add the cigars and poo poo from this mod to your New Vegas mod?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Gyshall posted:

The Project Nevada 2.1 WMX patch is sweet, which I'm just starting to try right now. Most of the meshes were done by the WMX guy himself, so the quality is superb.

Where are you guys finding PN Version 2.1 and this patch? I can only find version 2.0a on the nexus and the WMX patch isn't released yet.

VVV thanks, bro VVV

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 30, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshalls a tester for PN stuff, it's not released yet.

That said it wasn't hard to find a google code page for PN2.0 before it was released which made it possible to have it in advance.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Can anyone give me any tips on generating a normal map for the retexture I'm working on using the GIMP? I've got bugger all idea what the hell I am doing here.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Question about the Armory. I know you guys said not all the weapons made it into the leveled lists or for sale. Roughly what percentage of them did though?

As for people talking about Revolver Shotguns. Rossi makes a version called the Circuit Judge for those of you that are curious.

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=15

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
I'm trying to find a mod that removes the HUD messages or whatever for Dead Money's collar beeping. Not to go all "MY IMMERSION! :argh:" but I can drat well hear the thing beeping, I don't need to be flooded with messages while hopping in and out of the radio fields until I find them. But all I can find is retarded mods to disable the thing, or outright bypass Dead Money.

Edit 1: So I decided it'd be faster to just edit the drat scripts myself -- all I gotta do is remove a pair of ShowMessages, after all. But TESSnip and FNVEdit suck for editing scripts and can't compile them besides. I assume I have to use the GECK, but it refuses to load the master file. I remember reading something in this thread about GECK needing an update after Honest Hearts, that wasn't on the main site? Is this still the case? Nevermind, found it.

Edit 2: How do I replace existing scripts? I'm afraid to break the master ESM by saving in place, and it doesn't seem to get included in my ESP besides. :(

Edit 3: Disregard this, I'm a big retarded babby who had her ESP open in FNVEdit, preventing it from being overwritten. (You'd think these terrible tools would throw up an error message when this happens.)

Jan fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Gyshall posted:

Does More Realistic Aiming conflict with Project Nevada's scope wobble at all? I *think* PN has some sort of recoil or something built into it. A while ago, I ripped the recoil script out of that other lovely overhaul mod, only to find PN had something very similar :(. Thanks for the recommendations, though. I have to re-endorse Manual Reload here, as well, as it loving owns.

I'll have to get back to you on the scope wobble interference, but I can confirm that there isn't any issue with regular iron sights. Unless Manual Reload released an update after NVSE 2.0 was released, I believe there's some sort of issue with trying to get the two to work together (since Manual Reload thinks NVSE 2.0 is older than NVSE 1.0 beta 6 and freaks out on my computer.) I just went into the .esp and ripped out a lot of the script's guts. Works like a charm now.

I have to admit that I, too, have been pretty impressed with the quality of the mods for PN's weapons. My only gripe is that a lot of the mods are somewhat undervalued, like a ~300 cap night vision scope for the auto-gauss when .357 barrel extensions are going for 800 or 900.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Where are you guys finding PN Version 2.1 and this patch? I can only find version 2.0a on the nexus and the WMX patch isn't released yet.

Like SheepNameKiller said, the PN team has a Google Code page that allows you to download revised builds and patches before they are officially released. I'm assuming a lot of the stuff on the site is free for public consumption, considering the site isn't locked out to people like me.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 29, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
True, that is all stuff that will be resolved eventually though.

I've been trying to get the PN guys to include Manual Reload as an option for Project Nevada. I think it fits along with the theme they have going on.

Just found out the WMX guy is doing an update that will include Melee weapons, which is pretty sick.

I'm playing an explosives/gently caress off rear end in a top hat right now, and I think my favorite part about it is the added Explosive Entries function that Project Nevada adds. Something pretty satisfying about blowing up safes and doors to get inside.

Here is the Project Nevada Google Code page - http://code.google.com/p/project-nevada/

I was hesitant to give it out a while ago, but luckily the Project Nevada team is made up of the modders who aren't all :nexus: and drama.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
This thing's seen better days since Duke3D:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I can't wait to try the enhanced shaders mod on my desktop at home. I tried it on my laptop but it basically slows things down too much with little visible improvement. I also need to get better about leaving stuff like both ESPs in mods like simple streetlights on. WMX with melee weapons is gonna be totally awesome!

Does anyone know if the M weapons from AWOP work with perks? Someone on the Nexus commented that they want an update to a WMX compatibility patch that included M weapons, but when I'm shooting dudes with my lever action shotgun M they go flying back due to the And Stay Back perk.

:iiam:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The AWOP dude is sometimes bad at updating perk lists after patches but he has most of them added to the proper FORM ID lists.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

lilspooky posted:

Question about the Armory. I know you guys said not all the weapons made it into the leveled lists or for sale. Roughly what percentage of them did though?

I'm not sure, Anime Schoolgirl makes it, but I think he said 33% of the pack is integrated IIRC. Might not sound like much until you realize that there are over 300 weapons.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

lilspooky posted:

As for people talking about Revolver Shotguns. Rossi makes a version called the Circuit Judge for those of you that are curious.

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=15
.410... :negative:

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
There's nothing wrong with .410. They also have one in 28 Gauge.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For those curious, I messaged joefoxx, the guy behind WAR asking him if he felt it was possible to link the revolver animations to 2handrifle/auto since I assume they don't exist already.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Fewd posted:

I got same thing with Western Sky, at least on my end it's caused by the dll fix loving up texture loading times.

I'm pretty sure I've reinstalled Windows since then, but could you tell me what file it is that I need to delete to make sure it's not that?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

rope kid posted:

.410... :negative:

More like:

Rossi... :negative:

(Unless you handle a bunch of Rossi in person and manage to find one that isn't a drat lemon then they're somehow magical.)

Diquebutt
Feb 17, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I always thought some of the ammo types FO uses were weird. I know they're not meant to be super realistic, but really. How often would you ever come across 28 gauge shells?

Also, food for modding thought(although I'm sure it's been done).

http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Capn Beeb posted:

More like:

Rossi... :negative:

(Unless you handle a bunch of Rossi in person and manage to find one that isn't a drat lemon then they're somehow magical.)
My Puma 92 owns. :colbert:

MY IRL COWBOY REPEATER

rope kid fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 30, 2011

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Do any of the mods in my load order change, like, damage or the defense calculations? It seems everyone is way more bullet spongy than I remember when I played through in Vanilla, though I'm on hard mode now if that's what did it. And in any case, is there a recommended mod to make everyone die in a reasonable amount of shots (Reload)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Armory dudes, can you recommend a good ammo crafting mod that has the best compatibility? I like some of the stuff the Alternate Armor System added but didn't really care for the armor changes and new ammo types that went with it. I'm really just looking for something that lets me craft all the vanilla ammo types and doesn't add anything new.

Also, is it OK to use the leveled lists with the Cabinet Add-On?