Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Empty Threats posted:

I know the feeling. I ripped ~300 DVDs for the same purpose, with the same application. It took me about 5 minutes of work per DVD. (plus quite a few minutes of waiting)

You can fit ~100 complete DVDs (or ~250 DVD features) inside a "1TB" drive. At five minutes a pop, that's between 10 and 20 hours of work. A second 1TB HDD is about $80.

Is your leisure time really worth less than four bucks an hour?
It's not like I'm going to wait several months. I'm just waiting for my next paycheck. Mortgage and utilities are a little more important than DVD ISOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Wolf
Jan 20, 2003

Will hawk false idols for heaps and heaps of dough.

Megaman posted:

Where is config.h? I did a find from / and no such a file exists. Do I have to make it? And if so where?

I take it you got it as a binary from your package manager. Uninstall that and get the source from here http://dwm.suckless.org/

Read the page on customization. If it sounds like black magic use another wm.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Empty Threats posted:

I know the feeling. I ripped ~300 DVDs for the same purpose, with the same application. It took me about 5 minutes of work per DVD. (plus quite a few minutes of waiting)
It takes closer to 15-20 minutes per DVD on this particular hardware, but I'm also not just sitting there watching it like a hawk. When I notice that one finishes ripping, I pop in the next and start the process over and just glance over at the progress every once in a while. So my actual time is closer to about a minute a disc.

That being said, I just realized yesterday that k9copy is also shrinking the DVDs (which shouldn't have surprised me, since that's what it's for), but what I was really wanting was an identical archive, not a somewhat compressed one. It looked like vobcopy might do what I wanted, but it just gave me a bunch of errors on a disc that k9copy handled just fine, so I don't know if it was a copy protection issue or what.

Anyway, it's been a real learning process and I've got a good bit left to learn. I picked up a book yesterday that should help me, too. It's even got a section about configuring RAID after the fact. :)

badlarry
May 8, 2005
are you serious?!
I have a problem I am trying to solve in awk and I cannot for the life of me find a solution. Let me preface by saying that I just started learning about CS/Linux/Unix/anything more technical than Word documents a couple months ago, so conceptualizing problems like these is still a bit foreign to me.

Anyway, I have a dump of duplicate files on my hard drive that I am trying to pare down, in an attempt to do some spring cleaning and free up some space. The file is formatted like this:
code:
md5 hash,filesize,path
The file is roughly ~3000 lines long. There are 100 lines of data at the beginning of the file for which I am trying to find matches throughout the rest of the file. I want the output to print the path of the md5 I searched for from this beginning 100 lines of code, and print the paths that have the same md5 but a different path that were found throughout the rest of the file. I am thinking it may look something like this:
code:
BEGIN { 
      FS=","
      md5 = first md5 hash
      path = first file path

}

/$md5/ && ( path !~ $3 ) { printf path "\n" $3 }
{ md5 = $1 }
{ path = $3 }
There are couple things that have confused me about trying to solve this. The first is, can you use user-defined variables that update throughout the execution of an awk script as patterns for a search? For example, could you do something like /$variable/ as your pattern?

Second, would it be better to do the above by storing the md5 hash as a variable, then searching the whole document for it and printing, or is there some other way that would work better, like creating a for loop? I originally tried to have awk run over the file multiple times by doing a for loop, but I had no idea what I was doing and could not get it to work.

Finally, in the above example, one of the problems I foresee is if there are more than 2 paths for a duplicate md5 hash. If the above code were to work, how do you print the output so it looks like this:
code:
path 1
path 2
path 3
instead of this:
code:
path 1
path 2
path 1
path 3
I hope this is the correct thread to ask this question in. Like I said before, I am total nub at this stuff, so any guidance, even tangentially related, is incredibly helpful.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

badlarry posted:

I have a problem I am trying to solve in awk and I cannot for the life of me find a solution.

Awk is a powerful tool, but personally I prefer Perl for its versatility. Here's a quick and dirty Perl solution that I threw together:

code:
$ cat md5.txt
acbd18db4cc2f85cedef654fccc4a4d8,3,/tmp/foo
37b51d194a7513e45b56f6524f2d51f2,3,/tmp/bar
73feffa4b7f6bb68e44cf984c85f6e88,3,/tmp/baz
1bc29b36f623ba82aaf6724fd3b16718,3,/tmp/x,y,z/md5
acbd18db4cc2f85cedef654fccc4a4d8,3,/var/tmp/foo
37b51d194a7513e45b56f6524f2d51f2,3,/var/tmp/bar
73feffa4b7f6bb68e44cf984c85f6e88,3,/var/tmp/baz
acbd18db4cc2f85cedef654fccc4a4d8,4,/var/tmp2/foo
37b51d194a7513e45b56f6524f2d51f2,4,/var/tmp2/bar
73feffa4b7f6bb68e44cf984c85f6e88,4,/var/tmp2/baz
1bc29b36f623ba82aaf6724fd3b16718,3,/tmp/xyzzy/md5
acbd18db4cc2f85cedef654fccc4a4d8,30,/var/tmp3/foo
37b51d194a7513e45b56f6524f2d51f2,30,/var/tmp3/bar
73feffa4b7f6bb68e44cf984c85f6e88,30,/var/tmp3/baz
73feffa4b7f6bb68e44cf984c85f6e88,3,/var/tmp4/baz
$ perl -ne 'die "Error parsing: $_" if ! /^([^,]+,\d+),(.+)/; push @{$foo{$1}}, $2; END { for (values %foo) { print join(":",@$_), "\n" if @$_ > 1; } }' md5.txt
/tmp/bar:/var/tmp/bar
/tmp/foo:/var/tmp/foo
/tmp/baz:/var/tmp/baz:/var/tmp4/baz
/tmp/x,y,z/md5:/tmp/xyzzy/md5
$
How it works:

-n on the command-line tells Perl to read each line of input and execute the following script on each individual line.

-e just tells it that a script's going to follow on the command-line.

die "Error parsing: $_" if ! /^([^,]+,\d+),(.+)/;
-- Match the line against that regular expression and die with an error if it doesn't match. When it's done $1 will equal "md5,filesize", and $2 will equal the rest of the line.

push @{$foo{$1}}, $2;
-- In the hash %foo, it implicitly creates an array for the "md5,filesize" key, and it adds the path to that array.

END { ... }
-- Runs the enclosed code only once, after all the input has been processed. I believe awk has the same convention.

for (values %foo) { print join(":",@$_), "\n" if @$_ > 1; }
-- Iterates through the arrays stored in %foo. For each array, it prints the contents of the array with colons separating the elements (i.e. each of the file paths), but only if the array has more than 1 element.

badlarry
May 8, 2005
are you serious?!

Erasmus Darwin posted:

The solution

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you posting that and breaking it down for me. I do not have time to get through it tonight, but you have just provided my first glimpse of Perl, which is awesome. Most of my exploration of the power of computation has come through working on pet projects, and figuring out tools will work best in getting around each subsequent roadblock I come across in trying to finish them. So in this case, Perl is now at the top of my list of topics explore. Gracias.

kyuss
Nov 6, 2004

Guys, guys...

http://linux.die.net/man/1/fdupes

:)

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

badlarry posted:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you posting that and breaking it down for me. I do not have time to get through it tonight, but you have just provided my first glimpse of Perl, which is awesome. Most of my exploration of the power of computation has come through working on pet projects, and figuring out tools will work best in getting around each subsequent roadblock I come across in trying to finish them. So in this case, Perl is now at the top of my list of topics explore. Gracias.

Perl is a great Swiss Army Knife. I can't think of any UNIX variants that don't have Perl (even awk is sometimes iffy if you're on Linux, since HP-UX/AIX/Solaris don't have gawk in the path by default).

Even more so if you love regular expressions, where it really shines.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Any recommendations for a USB ethernet adapter for LINUX/cr-48?

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

evol262 posted:

(even awk is sometimes iffy if you're on Linux, since HP-UX/AIX/Solaris don't have gawk in the path by default).

Perl is indeed ubiquitous but what is this line supposed to mean?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Any recommendations for a USB ethernet adapter for LINUX/cr-48?
If google is not being stupid and is using a normal kernel with usbnet drivers included, most will work.

I've had very good results with this one: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=133
It's a bit bulky, but of the 60-odd RHEL boxes I manage at work about half use those and they've always worked very reliably.

I've also used this one at home with good results: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F5D5055-Gigabit-Network-Adapter/dp/B000FOWHTI
(Note that it will never reach gigabit speeds because the theoretical limit for usb2 is 480Mbit, and the practical limit is even lower than that.)

Basically anything with an ASIX chipset will work.

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 29, 2011

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

spankmeister posted:

I've had very good results with this one: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=133
It's a bit bulky, but of the 60-odd RHEL boxes I manage at work about half use those and they've always worked very reliably.

Why do you have 60 boxes with USB->Ethernet adapters?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bob Morales posted:

Why do you have 60 boxes with USB->Ethernet adapters?

Second NIC. They were preferred over installing a second PCI card NIC for various reasons, the most important one that the onboard NIC didn't work in RHEL4.
(Well, my predecessor didn't get them to work, I did, but by then we all used USB dongles anyway so I didn't bother to reconfigure all those boxes.)

Any new machine I roll out has onboard Intel plus a PCIe Intel NIC.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

spankmeister posted:

Second NIC. They were preferred over installing a second PCI card NIC for various reasons, the most important one that the onboard NIC didn't work in RHEL4.
(Well, my predecessor didn't get them to work, I did, but by then we all used USB dongles anyway so I didn't bother to reconfigure all those boxes.)

Any new machine I roll out has onboard Intel plus a PCIe Intel NIC.

That's what I figured. I've been to places like that where you have to go in at night because they get pulled out, etc. :argh:

I had to re-read your post because I thought you guys were talking about USB->Serial adapters, for remote management or something.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Two questions:
1.) We just switched to Exchange 2010 and I'm having trouble getting Evolution (on Ubuntu 10.04x64) to work with it. I followed these directions and it authenticates just fine and even sends mail, but I don't receive mail, contacts, calendars, etc... I've also added the seal: true to my LDB entry to no effect.
Previously we had Exchange 2003 and it worked fine using the Exchange account setting, which used OWA. Since OWA was changed in 2007, this no longer works. If I set up my account as IMAP and I get mail, but no contacts, which is why I want to use MAPI. Right now I'm just using Outlook inside of a virtual machine, which is a goddamn pain in the rear end.

2.) I've got two lovely monitors mounted in portrait mode, one rotated to the right and one rotated to the left (because the bottom bezels are huge). I can do this just fine with the generic video drivers. After installing the NVIDIA drivers, (and adding Option "RandRRotation" "on" to xorg.conf) I can rotate the first one fine, but when I rotate the second one, the rotation and scaling and everything is messed up on both and the machine locks up.
It works fine as is, and I guess all I want the drivers for is fancy workspace switching effects, so this one's really not that important.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Longinus00 posted:

Perl is indeed ubiquitous but what is this line supposed to mean?

That for cross-platform scripting, if necessary, GNU awk doesn't function exactly like BWK awk, nawk, or SysV awk, making Perl a better choice.

Dinty Moore
Apr 26, 2007

spankmeister posted:

If google is not being stupid and is using a normal kernel with usbnet drivers included, most will work.

I've also used this one at home with good results: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F5D5055-Gigabit-Network-Adapter/dp/B000FOWHTI
(Note that it will never reach gigabit speeds because the theoretical limit for usb2 is 480Mbit, and the practical limit is even lower than that.)

Basically anything with an ASIX chipset will work.

Not necessarily. I got one of these earlier this year; it works with Linux, but you need the latest ASIX kernel driver. And guess what. The latest ASIX driver is *not* in the kernel. I ended up making my own Debian packages to use DKMS to build the driver for the installed kernel(s). (See here. Works for Debian and Ubuntu; I'm using it on a PPC Mac Mini at home.) It works fine now, but not every ASIX-based USB NIC will "just work" out of the box, sadly.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Dinty Moore posted:

Not necessarily. I got one of these earlier this year; it works with Linux, but you need the latest ASIX kernel driver. And guess what. The latest ASIX driver is *not* in the kernel. I ended up making my own Debian packages to use DKMS to build the driver for the installed kernel(s). (See here. Works for Debian and Ubuntu; I'm using it on a PPC Mac Mini at home.) It works fine now, but not every ASIX-based USB NIC will "just work" out of the box, sadly.

o rly. I was thinking about buying this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124335

People in the comments seem to imply you just plug it in with linux. . .

Dinty Moore
Apr 26, 2007

Kaluza-Klein posted:

o rly. I was thinking about buying this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124335

It's 10/100, so maybe the chip it uses works "out of the box" with Linux.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dinty Moore posted:

Hmm, need to keep that in mind, thanks.

Kaluza-Klein posted:

That one has one of the older asix chipsets so you're good.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

brc64 posted:

but what I was really wanting was an identical archive, not a somewhat compressed one.
I use "vobcopy -m" for disks that just have CSS. For ones that are crazy mangled with additional protection I go straight to AnyDVD since everything else is a waste of time.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm running Ubuntu 11.04.

When I boot up, my external usb hdd is mounted automatically and I can browse it just fine through the GUI. How do I find its location and browse it using the CLI?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hughmoris posted:

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04.

When I boot up, my external usb hdd is mounted automatically and I can browse it just fine through the GUI. How do I find its location and browse it using the CLI?

Should be under /media

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

spankmeister posted:

Should be under /media

Thanks!

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I use "vobcopy -m" for disks that just have CSS. For ones that are crazy mangled with additional protection I go straight to AnyDVD since everything else is a waste of time.

Given the fact that AppleTV (where I'm streaming all my poo poo to) doesn't care much for mpeg2, I've bitten the bullet and started using HandBrakeCLI to compress and convert. Right now, I'm working on scripting the process, and I've come a long way.

It started with having me enter the name of the DVD and the year so it would create ${DVD_NAME} (${DVD_YEAR}) for me automatically. Then I moved on to email notifications when the disc finishes (push gmail on my phone means I know within seconds it's time to put in a new disc). Then I cobbled together a frankenscript in python using some examples I found online to notify XBMC to update its library.

NOW I'm further adapting it for other scenarios, such as ripping DVDs containing episodes, and ones where I want subtitles. A bit of trial and error with handbrake to find the right commands, but now I've got that.

The only real problem I have now is that I can't find a good way to automatically determine what to rip on episodic content, because it seems to be up to the whims of the DVD manufacturer as to whether everything is just in one title or if the episodes are their own unique titles. My current workaround is just:

code:
HandBrakeCLI -t 0 -i /media/cdrom
Then looking at the title info to figure out what I need, then entering title, chapter and audio track numbers at various prompts. It's not pretty, but it does the trick. I tried dvdxchap, but it doesn't show me chapter durations (just the timestamp where they begin), so it's less helpful.

My brain is tired.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks!

To answer the more general question of "something is mounted, how do I find out where": the 'mount' command in the shell will list all mount points. 'df -h' will list mounted filesystems (it does not include things like /proc or /sys) in a somewhat more readable format, along with space used.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.
Can someone recommend a tool that will SSH into a bunch of servers and run the same command on each? Ideally it will be able to enter a sudo password into each one, offer the ability to scp a file to each host, run on multiple servers at a time, and use the standard ssh binary. I've seen a few on freshmeat/sourceforge and it would be easy enough to write my own as an expect wrapper, but I was hoping for some recommendations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Ninja Rope posted:

Can someone recommend a tool that will SSH into a bunch of servers and run the same command on each? Ideally it will be able to enter a sudo password into each one, offer the ability to scp a file to each host, run on multiple servers at a time, and use the standard ssh binary. I've seen a few on freshmeat/sourceforge and it would be easy enough to write my own as an expect wrapper, but I was hoping for some recommendations.

clusterssh, pssh, chef, puppet, multissh....

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is there a simple or creative way to accomplish the following... I have a laptop running ubuntu with a printer connected to it. I have dropbox installed on the laptop. I want to watch a specific dropbox folder, and if any documents are uploaded to it (from my cell phone), I want to automatically start printing them.

Is there an easy command for that or do I need to learn python well enough to create a script?

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 30, 2011

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Why not just email them to yourself, hughmoris+print@gmail.com?

Any mail client should be able to setup a filter/rule where anything with '+print' in the recipient name gets printed. Outlook can do it at least.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Hughmoris posted:

Is there a simple or creative way to accomplish the following... I have a laptop running ubuntu with a printer connected to it. I have dropbox installed on the laptop. I want to watch a specific dropbox folder, and if any documents are uploaded to it (from my cell phone), I want to automatically start printing them.

Is there an easy command for that or do I need to learn python well enough to create a script?

If you want to do literally what you asked instead of following Bob Morales advice you can do this via a cron job. No python should be necessary unless that's the only way you can print from the command line.

If you really want to get fancy you can make a daemon that watches the folder via inotify.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Alright, another networking question!

I have a VPS server (linode) and I would like to setup a VPN (I think?) so that when I am surfing the WWW with a laptop using wifi in strange countries I can feel a bit safer.

I tried to set this up once, and failed miserably. I don't know jack about networking. Can some one point me to a very straight-forward howto? Or should I be doing something else?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Alright, another networking question!

I have a VPS server (linode) and I would like to setup a VPN (I think?) so that when I am surfing the WWW with a laptop using wifi in strange countries I can feel a bit safer.

I tried to set this up once, and failed miserably. I don't know jack about networking. Can some one point me to a very straight-forward howto? Or should I be doing something else?

Easiest way is using SSH tunneling IMO. Is your laptop windows? In that case, use putty like in this guide

Then, configure your browser to forward DNS requests through the proxy for complete stealthiness. I only know how to do this for Firefox: Type about :config in the address bar and change the "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" string to "true".

Now you are completely proxied.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

spankmeister posted:

Easiest way is using SSH tunneling IMO. Is your laptop windows? In that case, use putty like in this guide

Then, configure your browser to forward DNS requests through the proxy for complete stealthiness. I only know how to do this for Firefox: Type about :config in the address bar and change the "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" string to "true".

Now you are completely proxied.

Ah, right, I should have said!

The linode computer is running debian, headless. And the laptop has Ubuntu on it, and I use the Chrome browser :p.

Will an ssh tunnel cover things like dropbox?

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
It can, but it's more of a pain.

This is probably a better bet, unless you want to get into IPSEC. The Arch instructions are pretty generic (should work on Debian).

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Hughmoris posted:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1726874 has a little script that does something similar to what you want.

or maybe

incron website posted:

This program is an "inotify cron" system. It consists of a daemon and a table manipulator. You can use it a similar way as the regular cron. The difference is that the inotify cron handles filesystem events rather than time periods.

http://linux.die.net/man/8/incrond
http://inotify.aiken.cz/?section=incron&page=about&lang=en

BnT
Mar 10, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Yeah, SSH tunneling is the way to go, as said above. I too have a Linode and have used this from foreign countries. Here are a few things that I've done to make this process even better (for me).

1. If your client is Windows, install putty. Ideally generate SSH keys just for this purpose with PuttyGen on Windows or ssh-keygen for Linux on your client. On Windows, set pagent to run on startup and load the key: Create a shortcut to pagent in your Start Menu\Startup folder by adding the path to the .ppk file as an argument to your shortcut. For a Linux client look up keychain to do this.

2. Create a dedicated proxy account and ideally put in the SSH keys. Set the account's shell to /bin/false.
code:
sudo useradd -s /bin/false proxyuser
sudo su - proxyuser -s /bin/bash
mkdir .ssh
chmod 751 .ssh
cat > .ssh/authorized_keys
(paste your SSH public key that you created with puttygen, and hit Ctrl-D when you're done)
chmod 711 .ssh/authorized_keys
If you're not going to use a dedicated account for this, just skip the lines above which start with sudo.

2. Create a batch/bash file on your desktop that sets up a tunnel with compression and a non-interactive session (an interactive session would fail with the user being set to /bin/false):
Windows Client
code:
C:\Path\to\plink -ssh -C -N -D 1080 proxyuser@yourLinodeIPaddress
Linux Client
code:
ssh -C -N -D 1080 proxyuser@yourLinodeIPaddress
3. I use this Firefox addon to easily switch the proxy on and off. When proxying, I have it set to use SOCKS5 proxy 127.0.0.1:1080 for all traffic.

This is probably a little more security than you're looking for. After running VPS systems for a number of years, I've decided that the only way to prevent the endless onslaught of brute-force SSH attempts while allowing me to travel and SSH in from random IP addresses is to disable password authentication in SSH, and ratelimit new SSH connections with iptables.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
I want to set up a permanently on/connected IRC client on my server and then somehow access it from other PCs by SSHing into it (irc client could exist purely in the terminal or be x11 based, doesn't matter) and starting the client. The idea is I want a single persistent connection so that I could move from PC to PC to my iPhone's SSH app and everything is still logged nice and neat in one place and nobody knows the difference).

Is this possible and how?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Ziir posted:

I want to set up a permanently on/connected IRC client on my server and then somehow access it from other PCs by SSHing into it (irc client could exist purely in the terminal or be x11 based, doesn't matter) and starting the client. The idea is I want a single persistent connection so that I could move from PC to PC to my iPhone's SSH app and everything is still logged nice and neat in one place and nobody knows the difference).

Is this possible and how?

irssi + screen

ssh into your server, start a screen session. Run irssi, chat you heart out. Then when you're done, just disconnect the session, it will stay running in a virtual terminal. Then just ssh back into your server and re-attach to your screen session from home/work/starbucks.

http://lizzie.spod.cx/screenirssi.shtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

God drat, scripting is like some kind of drug.

I now have my script emailing me the name and filesize of completed DVD rips. Currently in the process of converting super long and messy manually typed paths to clean and pretty variables.

Still wish I had a nicer solution for the title/chapter selection problem, but oh well.

By the time I get this script to completely awesome status I will be out of DVDs to rip.