Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

:wtc:

At first I didn't get what it was about but my eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger as I read on and the point of the statement was explained. Jesus christ that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

quote:

I find a bit funny though that a club who actively seeked and employed a known pedo and fans who got behind a known pedo are now condemning a boy who, while has done wrong, didnt actually do anything to the girls physically. I may also point out that while what he did was wrong, are the girls involved so naive to be excluded from blame in all this. I remember girls of 13 giving blow jobs to other lads at school, a couple would do it at lunch times.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

As a Chelsea supporter I’d rather have Van De Vaart who had 13 goals and 8 assists last year while even Crouch had better stats than Modric. Someone brought up Xavi only having 7 assists as well as Iniesta having 8 assists but Barca got 15 assists from both Messi and Alves. I just don’t think if Modric left Spurs that Spurs would be any worse or better. In 91 games with Spurs he’s got 9 goals and 10 assists. I think at best he is a 10-12 million dollar player.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
The best thing is that the same board have backed Craig Thomson, saying there were mitigating circumstances behind him grooming twelve and fourteen year old girls.

Would love to know what they were.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bacon of the Sea posted:

The best thing is that the same board have backed Craig Thomson, saying there were mitigating circumstances behind him grooming twelve and fourteen year old girls.

Would love to know what they were.

Maybe they had provocative facebook profiles?

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.
Apparently he sent them photos of a penis, not his.

:shepface:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

What in the gently caress? If I hadn't just read that on their site I'd swear you were making it up :psyduck:

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Could someone point me towards the most biggoted comments in the wake of US-Mexico?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Good evening. In less than a week, Argyle fans from here will join others from around the world. We will be launching the most difficult battle in football history.

PAFC -- that word should have new meaning for all of us in the next week.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that the date is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when all Argyle fans declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

We will soon celebrate OUR Independence Day!

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

OOH RAH

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

Good evening. In less than a week, Argyle fans from here will join others from around the world. We will be launching the most difficult battle in football history.

Perhaps its fate that the date is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when all Argyle fans declared in one voice:

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

"let's nuke the bastards" - peter ridsdale

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
"Welcome to earth"

Simon Walton punches an oppressive Ridsdale, fractures his wrist, out injured for 2 months

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chuggo posted:

"let's nuke the bastards" - peter ridsdale

If I had known I was gonna meet the president I would've worn a tie. Look at me, I look like a schliemiel.

josip broz tifo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 29, 2011

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bigmouth McSmallcock posted:

If I had known I was gonna meet the president I would've worn a tie. Look at me, I look like a schliemiel.

- peter reid when he arrives in thailand

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Captain Luke McCormick: THAT'S RIGHT! Thats what you get! Look at you, car all banged up! WHO'S THE MAN? HUH? WHO'S THE MAN? Wait until I get another car! I am going to murder your kids RIGHT BESIDE YOU!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

Captain Luke McCormick: THAT'S RIGHT! Thats what you get! Look at you, car all banged up! WHO'S THE MAN? HUH? WHO'S THE MAN? Wait until I get another car! I am going to murder your kids RIGHT BESIDE YOU!

lol

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
[people have gathered to welcome the aliens]
Elvis Fanatic: Oh god, I hope they bring back Barry Hayles

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
New Chairman Peter Ridsdale: Good morning.
[PA doesn't work. Turns it on]
New Chairman Peter Ridsdale: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
[PA still doesn't work. The club have had their electricity disconnected because they haven't paid their bills for over six months]
New Chairman Peter Ridsdale: (indicating toward goldfish) ah well, at least someone heard it.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what am i reading

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
it's a ball, peter. it belongs in the air *hoofs it at rory fallon's head*

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
President Ian Holloway: It's a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise, if you're actually managing to get something accomplished.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Late Michael Foot: Ha-ha-ha! Hello, boys! I'm back!

*drives car into Home Park executive box*

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Paul Stapleton: [as Mariner is inspired with the idea for spending money on Kenny Cooper] What's the matter with you?
Paul Mariner: Genius.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

quote:

Its carp, the sizes are carp and anyone who forks out £40 for what is essentially a t-shirt needs their heads testing. And that's an end to it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Oh IJN, such a sycophant.

Harvey Wine Time
May 15, 2011

by angerbeet
This Is The Football Season

This is the football Season it is that time of year
When men in the pub talk football as they enjoy their beer
And look forward to September when one club will fly the winner's flag
The team that wins the Premiership gives their fans the right to brag.

Their wives nicknamed the footy widows their husbands at the football club
Or after work talking football with their mates down at the local pub
They take football so seriously 'tis their passion in life
The footy fan loves his football club as much as his children or his wife.

And if their team lose at the weekend they feel and look so sad
What's known as football addiction they seem to have it bad
They feel sad for their football team and the chance of four premiership points gone
But they cheer up and look forward to next weekend's game as the working week wears on.

This is the football Season football has gone to their head
And their football scarves and beanies they even wear to bed
About their team they feel so passionate as if to them it did belong
And 'tis with delight and pride in victory that they sing the club song.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Wow.

Ross From Friends
Apr 24, 2010

"Real fans don't give a hoot about debts. They pay a lot of money to come through the gates and they don't want to see their heroes passing them on the way out.

What I'd like to see are some bullish signings.
Go out and chase the likes of Michael Essien. Get him back on top form and he's a fabulous player, plus you'd be getting a player from Chelsea, one of Arsenal's supposed rivals from the Premier League and just across the River Thames.
Then go for keeper Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany and get your own back on Manchester City.

Make the rest of English football sit up and take notice for once - not just Arsenal fans who can see the lights going out on their club."

Ian Wright is loving retarded.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ross From Friends posted:

Go out and chase the likes of Michael Essien. Get him back on top form and he's a fabulous player, plus you'd be getting a player from Chelsea, one of Arsenal's supposed rivals from the Premier League and just across the River Thames.

:stare:

Ross From Friends posted:

Ian Wright is loving retarded.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There is so much wrong with that its incredible

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
For the EPL, I'm a bigamist. I enjoy watching the best teams play, but I hate Man City just for the sheer amount of money spent. My favorite players over the years are mostly tough guy, but I've always had a soft spot for Steven Gerrard (no good reason why and I've never understood it). I loved Roy Keane, and I love Jack Rodwell and Phil Jones as up and comers. As far as English players, I really enjoy Jack Wilshire and I wish he was playing on a team that I could stand watching. I despise Arsenal's play and I think that they whine too much.

When I lived in Europe, I enjoyed live stuff...Hamilton Accies (even worse back then they are now), Motherwell, Sparta Praha (soccer and ice hockey). Czech league ice hockey is fantastic and super cheap, but that's not what we're talking about.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

K U N T Z posted:

For the EPL, I'm a bigamist. I enjoy watching the best teams play, but I hate Man City just for the sheer amount of money spent. My favorite players over the years are mostly tough guy, but I've always had a soft spot for Steven Gerrard (no good reason why and I've never understood it). I loved Roy Keane, and I love Jack Rodwell and Phil Jones as up and comers. As far as English players, I really enjoy Jack Wilshire and I wish he was playing on a team that I could stand watching. I despise Arsenal's play and I think that they whine too much.

When I lived in Europe, I enjoyed live stuff...Hamilton Accies (even worse back then they are now), Motherwell, Sparta Praha (soccer and ice hockey). Czech league ice hockey is fantastic and super cheap, but that's not what we're talking about.

I like this guy

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

Russ posted:

I like this guy

yeah think I'm going to start rooting for individual players instead of teams it's the light

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
They cleared out all the bad people. They bought in a great new editor, Colin Myler, and his deputy, Victoria Newton, who had not been sullied by any of the things that had gone on in the past.

And there's nobody there, there's hardly anybody there who was there in the old regime.

The people are very clean, great, talented professional journalists and we pull out a great paper every week. And we're all paying the price for what happened six years ago by a previous regime.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

K U N T Z posted:

I like German cricket and Morten Gamst Pedersen

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The news of Charlie Adam's signing has left me horizontal with delight.

The naysayers will be laughing, as has been easy to do at Liverpool for a while, but that might be the last laugh they have.

Adam will be worth countless points to Liverpool this season. He is part of a rare breed of midfielders that controls the tempo of the game. He is very strong on the ball, and has great vision for the pass. Further, being a Scot, he is the type of player who loves the cold and ice of England. This will be particularly useful in those Dec-Jan-Feb months when teams just need to keep the wins ticking over. Couple this signing with Kenny's 'win each game' attitude and I think we shall see a wonderful mix of strong defending and 'Hollywood' style play from Liverpool this season. He probably won't win you a Champs League, but we aint in one. An absolutely perfect Premier League signing.

Now, with Adam pulling the strings in the midfield and with the indefatigable Lucas alongside him breaking up attack after attack, expect plenty of goals in this Liverpool side. With no Champs League or Europa to tire the squad out, I think we will win around 23-25 games this season - enough to put us in the title race.

Charlie Adam might just be the most important signing in 20 years.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
loving murder me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Was that from the F365 mailbox? Lots of people laughing at it in the one after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Was that from the F365 mailbox? Lots of people laughing at it in the one after

Yep, exactly.

I guess he's the Liverpool version of infamous mailbox Villa fan Conor Byrne :downs: