Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Crotch Bat posted:

Hah, the money didn't even enter into my thought process. You seem like a regular Beth in the making :v:

I can't give Beth too hard of a time...she's figured it all out. She gets the comfort and security of his money and also seems to go out and do her own thing. She's living the dream. :worship:

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

See if I was a chick, I think I would marry JD because you could probably walk all over him and he wouldnt say a word.

That is what would annoy me about him...when he is on air mumbling and unable to make his point it makes me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

I can't give Beth too hard of a time...she's figured it all out. She gets the comfort and security of his money and also seems to go out and do her own thing. She's living the dream. :worship:

Yeah but she still has to have sex with Howard and put up with his insecurities. I guess that's why she's always going off for weeks at a time.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah but she still has to have sex with Howard and put up with his insecurities. I guess that's why she's always going off for weeks at a time.

I would do the same, I think. No wonder she doesn't "like" foreplay. She just wants to get it over with as soon as possible.

I do actually think Howard is a wildly unattractive man, especially as he gets older. He has that "old guy who looks like a woman" thing going.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

See if I was a chick, I think I would marry JD because you could probably walk all over him and he wouldnt say a word.
That theory is all fine and good until you come home and he has your dirty underwear on his head and is beating off into the sock drawer

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Doesn't help that he can't accept aging. He dyes his hair and dresses like a man half his age.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Crotch Bat posted:

Doesn't help that he can't accept aging. He dyes his hair and dresses like a man half his age.

Adrian Brody is a tall, lanky, awkward looking guy yet still dresses well. No reason Howard couldn't do the same (if Ralph didn't dress him).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

musclecoder posted:

Adrian Brody is a tall, lanky, awkward looking guy yet still dresses well. No reason Howard couldn't do the same (if Ralph didn't dress him).

After seeing Predators that other day, Adrian Brody is officially hot in my mind.

And yes, a good example of a tall odd looking guy who works it well. He appears to wear clothing that is age appropriate and that fits him well.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Making fun of Glen Beck's Zookeeper past will never not be funny.

ETA - Robin about Michelle Bachman's recent gaffes: "Why don't people read something sometime, before they decide to talk?" I think my head just exploded. :psyduck:

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 30, 2011

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

I would do the same, I think. No wonder she doesn't "like" foreplay. She just wants to get it over with as soon as possible.

Most women I've talked to say that when they tell a partner they don't like foreplay, they are really saying that the person is bad at it.

Howard is always going on and on about how he knows how to please a woman. He may think that swirling his tongue on Beth's neck may get her turned on but I would bet that she is more annoyed by it and would rather just get it over with and watch Top Model.

It's like when guys brag about being really, really good at oral sex but in reality they have no idea how vaginas work.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

It's like when guys brag about being really, really good at oral sex but in reality they have no idea how vaginas work.

So all of us.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Speak for yourself. I'm very good at working the vagina with my hands. My mouth, less so, but at least I know my way around the girl parts.

But yeah, it seems clear to me that Howard is bad at foreplay... and yet a few women over the years have claimed that he is a good lover? Who knows.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Anyone have the link for that ETM collection that was floating around in the previous thread? My computer recently died on me, and that went with it. I love listening to that ungrateful son of a bitch.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Speak for yourself. I'm very good at working the vagina with my hands. My mouth, less so, but at least I know my way around the girl parts.

But yeah, it seems clear to me that Howard is bad at foreplay... and yet a few women over the years have claimed that he is a good lover? Who knows.

Well yeah, what I was getting at was that what works on one girl won't work on another.

It would be like if you were dating someone who loved to give blow jobs but every time she went to service you she scraped her teeth all over your head. Instead of telling her she's awful, you just have intercourse.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

After seeing Predators that other day, Adrian Brody is officially hot in my mind.

And yes, a good example of a tall odd looking guy who works it well. He appears to wear clothing that is age appropriate and that fits him well.

Yeah, he dropped the lanky and awkward and put on about 50 pounds of muscle, he was jacked in that movie. Howard is a good looking man for nearly pushing 60 however, he is in great shape. I'd be more worried about his insane rituals and thought process than his looks.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, he dropped the lanky and awkward and put on about 50 pounds of muscle, he was jacked in that movie. Howard is a good looking man for nearly pushing 60 however, he is in great shape. I'd be more worried about his insane rituals and thought process than his looks.

I saw it back to back with Splice (just coincidence. I do not have an Adrian Brody obsession) and it was shocking how cut he was in Predators.

Truth be told, all of it makes him unattractive to me. That said, I didn't ever think of him as good looking, even years ago before he started aging. But, I see what you are saying - he has a look and is well put together.

Bonzo posted:

Most women I've talked to say that when they tell a partner they don't like foreplay, they are really saying that the person is bad at it.

Speaking for myself...I have to say that this is true.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 30, 2011

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Anyone have the link for that ETM collection that was floating around in the previous thread? My computer recently died on me, and that went with it. I love listening to that ungrateful son of a bitch.

It's down but I have the entire collection if someone knows where to upload it. It's 1.88 gigs so it's not something I can host myself.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The "biggest whore in America" promo was funny. "Are you the biggest whore in America, Robin?" had me laughing for a good few minutes. Desperate for a laugh as I may be.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

You know what look would really work for Howard? Trying to look like an older incarnation of Benedict Cumberbatch from BBCs Sherlock.

He's tall, lanky, got a big nose and curly hair, but is becoming a European sex symbol.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Evil Dave killed it on the show today

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Saw 36 new replies, did not expect it to culminate in a Benedict Cumberbatch reference. Good work, guys.

(Sherlock is really good, can't wait for the new series)

Some women get turned on by mental deftness and the skill of elocution, so perhaps Beth falls in that camp. I've banged a lot of chicks where the foreplay period was "dinner and drinks" tbh.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Maybe she makes him get in another room on mic while she sits on a speaker.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Evil Dave killed it on the show today

Oh god yes, Evil Dave is great. I wish Howard would spend more time interviewing him. His wacked out life is just as interesting as him butchering their lines.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I would never challenge the efficacy of Bubba's two-fingered cul-de-sac technique.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Each of those "weird sounds in songs" is so noticeable that it sounds like they added in the effect, even though I've probably heard them a hundred times over.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I've missed Evil Dave.

Best part is when he fucks up reading what he's given or tries to adlib.

Howard: "So tell me something about yourself that the audience doesn't already know"
Dave: "What like height, weight? Well I uhhh"
Howard: "Just read what's on the card, Lauren"

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Smeep posted:

Each of those "weird sounds in songs" is so noticeable that it sounds like they added in the effect, even though I've probably heard them a hundred times over.

I can understand the Beatles, Van Halen and Police songs going undetected, but the cough in Wish You Were Here is so incredibly obvious. I picked that up the first time I heard the song.

Howard also mentioned something today that really got under my skin. Robin said something about the recent study that linked diet soda to increased waist size and Howard literally compared diet drinks to herion, saying that they will both kill you. How does someone come up with this logic?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well, they're both bad-for-you-chemicals accidentally invented in a lab, Heroin(e) by the Bayer Pharmaceutical company after the civil war (used to wean soldiers off the at-the-time-considered-more-harmful morphine, turns out it's 100x more addictive, whoops), and aspartame (NutraSweet) by a researcher trying to create a blood pressure medication in the 1960's... so it's not that wild a leap. For Howard anyway.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I've missed Evil Dave.
Dave: "What like height, weight? Well I uhhh"

Correction: "Heighth, weighth?"

THAT is why I love Evil Dave. I squealed like a little girl when I heard him come on.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

dyn posted:

I can understand the Beatles, Van Halen and Police songs going undetected, but the cough in Wish You Were Here is so incredibly obvious. I picked that up the first time I heard the song.

Howard also mentioned something today that really got under my skin. Robin said something about the recent study that linked diet soda to increased waist size and Howard literally compared diet drinks to herion, saying that they will both kill you. How does someone come up with this logic?

Eh, the bad stuff about artificial sweeteners is mostly attributed to chain e-mail bullshit. It won't cause your death, it won't give you cancer and you'd have to ingest an exorbitant amount of diet drinks/flavored water/etc to surpass the daily intake limits set out by numerous health bodies. Like I'm talking 25+ sodas a day, that much. I suppose maybe there's a scant handful of obese people doing that but 99.999999% of all people drinking them are perfectly safe.

Anyways, yea, it's mostly internet hoax stuff and a paranoid neurotic guy like Howard eats that stuff up. If you had "Dr." beside your name and told him the glow from a computer monitor increases your chance of skin cancer by 3000% I guarantee you the next day they'd be back to the early days where Jackie wrote his jokes and put them on Howard's console. He's just that kind of guy.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I tend to tune out whenever anybody on the show talks about anything scientific. None of these people have read anything reputable about science probably since their high school science classes.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Diet drinks are linked to obesity because those who drink them think they have licence to eat terribly. It has nothing to do with Aspartame so stop it.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

The whole thing is bullshit because many (not all, but many) people who consume diet drinks are also chronic dieters, and as Robin can attest, diets only work (when they work at all) in the short term, not over a period of years.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Or just simply that people who try to watch their calories buy diet while people with normal diets don't have to worry about it.

That's like complaining only people who are cut buy band-aids. Of course people who need to lose weight would drink diet soda.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm very tired so I can't tell if you're disagreeing with me but my point is that if they're tracking regular diet soda drinkers their results are already going to be skewed to fatty fat fatties.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

an adult beverage posted:

I tend to tune out whenever anybody on the show talks about anything scientific. None of these people have read anything reputable about science probably since their high school science classes.

Listening to all of the mental midgets on the Wrap Up Show is horrifying. I'm glad that most of them think Scott Depace is a kook, but they should all just shut up about evolution vs. creationism.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I've missed Evil Dave.

Me too. There was such a great energy in the room, too.

dyn posted:

I feel the exact same way... I've heard that song a thousand times and never noticed the cough. I'll never be able to unhear any of those clips they played.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
So I don't know if this is widely known but if you call to cancel your account and tell them the reason is that you can no longer afford it they will offer you a 50% discount to stay on board.

geera
May 20, 2003
This is the worst best of the week in a loooong time.

World's Strongest Naked Woman, Date Miss Howard Stern, Octomom, guy from TMZ... where's the laughs? :gonk:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

geera posted:

This is the worst best of the week in a loooong time.

World's Strongest Naked Woman, Date Miss Howard Stern, Octomom, guy from TMZ... where's the laughs? :gonk:

No comedian on the show makes things a bit difficult. Benjy is the closest thing to comedic value on the show right now. I'd even take Jackie back at this point, that chair needs to be goddamn filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Godinster posted:

No comedian on the show makes things a bit difficult. Benjy is the closest thing to comedic value on the show right now. I'd even take Jackie back at this point, that chair needs to be goddamn filled.

Unfortunately Howard has no reason to fill that chair. He likes the show the way it is and it's not like he's fighting for a new contract.