Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As someone who dislikes swimming, I will say that swimming in the rain is actually an enjoyable experience.

My day was awesome because I'm finalizing plans for my HWY-101 ride starting Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Quoted from the rules thread, beyotch. :colbert:

Content:
All the jerky I made this weekend turned out awesome. Also, my supervisor at work declared that it was "No lovely Music day" and made the guy who always puts the radio on the generic nu-metal station with shittons of commercials (96.1 for you guys in the ATL area) stop complaining about it. It was great to not have to listen to Nickleback or Hinder or Skillet at all today.

Please tell me he put it on Q100 instead. That would just be hilarious.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

MindlessHavok posted:

Please tell me he put it on Q100 instead. That would just be hilarious.

Nah. Sublime Radio on Pandora, which is awesome. Q100 is bullshit. Most of the Atlanta area radio stations are.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I've gotten pretty good at making really specialized Pandora stations, want me to whip together one for everyone to listen to that nobody will think sucks? I bet I could toe a line just close enough to that one dude's taste in music without having to include his lovely music.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I spent some money and now my car is completely safe for the next year =)

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS
I realised that (for today at least) I'm much better than I often give myself credit for. Maybe my medication needs augmenting, but for the last month or so I've felt an overwhelming need to live and breathe positivity and tell my friends without any shame just how awesome I think they truly are. I think that this is manifesting itself in my brain somehow because although I've felt positive about the world around me and the people I meet and everything else, until today I had not felt any love or respect for myself for quite a long time. Yeah, I still feel defective and insecure about deeper problems out of my control, but I've found some sort of peace with that, it doesn't weigh on me to the point of crushing anymore. Maybe it's temporary, I mean everything's temporary but this feeling might not last long at all, I might end up in a pit again like in some sort of Flowers for Algernon poo poo, who knows. You know what though, it's drat nice in the meantime, so I'm going to stop talking about how good it is and actually enjoy my night.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Woke up, lifted heavy things, had a coffee and tonight I'm either meeting my best friend for a drink or going out with a cute boy.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

It was great to not have to listen to Nickleback or Hinder or Skillet at all today.

Hah! Another Nickelback hater. I can't stand them either. Don't know why, just can't. Skillet, eh I like one song of theirs.

This morning I fixed a coworkers laptop in 5 minutes by pulling the battery and forcing it to reboot. I love it when the fix is quick and easy.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.

Landerig posted:

Hah! Another Nickelback hater. I can't stand them either. Don't know why, just can't. Skillet, eh I like one song of theirs.

This morning I fixed a coworkers laptop in 5 minutes by pulling the battery and forcing it to reboot. I love it when the fix is quick and easy.
All the songs are the same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pXfAK8r1k

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Nah. Sublime Radio on Pandora, which is awesome. Q100 is bullshit. Most of the Atlanta area radio stations are.

Yeah, which is why I thought it would be hilarious. Although they've started airing 680am The Fan on an FM station...93.1 I think so I've been listening to that a lot. Chuck & Chernoff in the afternoon are great.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
(lovely HTC pic warning)

Went to see Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine live. They kicked a monumental amount of rear end. It's hard to believe Jello is 53 years old, he spent the whole 90 minutes trashing around the stage and doing that crazy-rear end pantomime of his with no sign of fatigue. Awesome gig. And of course they played some Dead Kennedys classics along with Forkboy by Lard. :D

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just realized that there are five weekends in July this year :hellyeah:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Took my sister out to her favorite restaurant for the first time in a year since I could finally afford it. :unsmith:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I have a fantastic job that pays more than what I need to get back on my feet, it's fun and easy and I have full benefits.

My boyfriend and I are closer than ever. :3:

My friends and I have gotten closer, too.

For the first time in my life, I feel safe and happy and like life is finally worth living.

I am wearing an extremely comfortable (and yet sexy) dress.

I found a store in my area that sells these gigantic boxes of my favorite chai latte.

I get to do spring cleaning, the way I want to do it!

I got set up for therapy in two months.

It's the perfect weather today.

I found my favorite book that I've been looking for for ages.

I found out today that my best friend will be back from her summer vacation soon.

I made a bunch of new friends last night at my friend's 21st birthday party.

For the first time that I can remember, I am glad I'm alive.

Life is awesome! :3:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
My wife got a raise out of the blue! Woooo!

And her boss is talking about wanting her to take over as the head partner of the firm when he retires next year - it's crazy, she has only been at this firm for a year and a half!

Very exciting stuff, and awesome to see her getting recognized for being so great at what she does. It's such a nice change from the last place she worked, where they were all about tearing her down and belittling her work so that they wouldn't have to pay her more.

Peach
Mar 13, 2005

not only am I right, I'm a better penpal than you are.
Interview at the university I'm hoping to attend went really well, the course I need before starting my degree is going to be 6 months instead of the 12 I thought it would be. Then after the interview I just went home instead of back to work because all the managers were on some training thing and playing with my kitten is so much better than debt collection work :3:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I kind of sort of suggested that my girlfriend move in with me, and she kind of sort of agreed :3:

otbnd
Aug 29, 2004

Champion of Warcraft!

Ask me about my pro cheives!

I'm a giant piece of fucking shit

KittenofDoom posted:

I kind of sort of suggested that my girlfriend move in with me, and she kind of sort of agreed :3:

Nice man! Congratulations.

My day was good because I made some money to blow at an upcoming music festival :w00t:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Really hard day at work today was awesome because it re-affirmed that I will not be laid off this year. Celebratory blackberry-sage Gin&tonic. I make no apologies. Also going to a MSTRKRFT concert tomorrow with a good friend I thought I had lost. This week is loving awesome.

Two Head Knight
Aug 8, 2008

Well, not with that attitude!
I just started out as an indie author last month, and realized today that I've quadrupled last months' e-book sales :catstare:.

I almost puked with excitement.

e: I just made one free to celebrate! Here's a link to No Rest for the Wicked: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/54323. Check it out if you enjoy the idea of a hot chick killing contemporary fairytale villains left and right. Also, dwarves.

Two Head Knight has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Jun 30, 2011

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I tortured myself today by watching the Casey Anthony trial. My day won't be awesome until I have my dinner beer. :colbert:

Two Head Knight
Aug 8, 2008

Well, not with that attitude!

KittenofDoom posted:

I just saw this and it's just so :3:. Congrats to you both!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

Spaticus posted:

I tortured myself today by watching the Casey Anthony trial. My day won't be awesome until I have my dinner beer. :colbert:

I will be so glad when this poo poo is over. Christ I want to watch Robin Meade and news in the morning not a live feed of that same loving trial for 4 days in a row.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just finished the walkthrough on my apartment. They won't charge for the missing paint on the wall*, and I only have to pay for carpet cleaning.

*I was told that I could put stuff like shelves and TV mounts on the wall as long as I covered the holes and touched up the paint. Turns out they don't give out touch up paint anymore, but they let me slide.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
I got my first haircut in two years (my last haircut was ludicrously bad so I'd taken to cutting it myself, also badly, but it cost no money) and it's an awesome haircut; now, because of that person's skill, I look all modish and sexy. For Independence Day weekend I will be confident as I pursue potential mates! :awesome:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Really hard day at work today was awesome because it re-affirmed that I will not be laid off this year. Celebratory blackberry-sage Gin&tonic. I make no apologies. Also going to a MSTRKRFT concert tomorrow with a good friend I thought I had lost. This week is loving awesome.

Right before the concert I had an extremely cute waitress give me her number. Such a much needed confidence boost there, I'm starting to think I might actually be good looking!

e: oh and a super cute midget with a mohawk was eyefucking me for half the night. Yesterday rocked so hard.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 15:33 on Jul 2, 2011

Technophile
Aug 5, 2010

Hugging monitors since 1743
I got a raise today. I'm worth more than minimum wage now! :D

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Storm Trout posted:

I got my first haircut in two years (my last haircut was ludicrously bad so I'd taken to cutting it myself, also badly, but it cost no money) and it's an awesome haircut; now, because of that person's skill, I look all modish and sexy. For Independence Day weekend I will be confident as I pursue potential mates! :awesome:

You are going to be awash in a sea of self-given hand-jobs. :chord:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

NerdyNautilusGirl posted:

I have a fantastic job that pays more than what I need to get back on my feet, it's fun and easy and I have full benefits.

My boyfriend and I are closer than ever. :3:

My friends and I have gotten closer, too.

For the first time in my life, I feel safe and happy and like life is finally worth living.

I am wearing an extremely comfortable (and yet sexy) dress.

I found a store in my area that sells these gigantic boxes of my favorite chai latte.

I get to do spring cleaning, the way I want to do it!

I got set up for therapy in two months.

It's the perfect weather today.

I found my favorite book that I've been looking for for ages.

I found out today that my best friend will be back from her summer vacation soon.

I made a bunch of new friends last night at my friend's 21st birthday party.

For the first time that I can remember, I am glad I'm alive.

Life is awesome! :3:

This is the best post. This is awesome. I am very happy for you, seriously

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I made some boiled peanuts and they actually taste pretty decent.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
This was yesterday, but my small town puts on the best fireworks display in the state. (We have gently caress-all to spend our town budget on, so we pretty much blow the entire year's budget on blowing stuff up.) A bunch of my friends came over, we had a barbecue all day, a few of us got really baked, and then we all went over to watch fireworks.

We got there just in time to get the best parking spot in the entire place, right next to where the fire department was launching the fireworks. Everything was going off right above us, the weather was perfectly not too hot and not too cold, not overcast a bit, and it was just the perfect day.

AltoidsAddict has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Jul 3, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Quit my lovely weekend job to focus on my new fulltime career in construction where the pay is great and will gradually get higher and higher as my new boss wants me to pick up all the trades across the spectrum instead of just being a chippie. Life is looking fairly rosy compared to normal but I'll feel a lot better when it stops feeling like a transitional phase in life. Nothing is quite held down fully just yet.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One guy I used to hang out with got arrested for beating his mother and brother a few months back. Needless to say I no longer hang out with him. However, we never bothered unfriending on Facebook, where he has his cell phone number.

I plead the fifth as to how this happened, but seeing that status made my day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
One of my neighbors offered to look after the stray kitten I found last night and to either adopt it or help it find a good home :3:

I'm also making mad bank on Steam's summer sale, and I only just registered on it last week. How have I lived until this moment?
Gonna have to get that gaming machine sooner rather than later, it seems.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Storm Trout posted:

Same here! :3::hf::3:

Instead of getting my normal $10 Supercut I actually got a real haircut at a real hairstylist. I look my age for the first time in years.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
My boyfriend finally got a working car. Not only does this mean he can come see me, it means his family can continue to do their jobs and not have the possibility of coming close to losing their house.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
Even though it's a shocking expense, getting a really good haircut is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? And you know what?

Storm Trout, GBS 4th of July thread posted:

Gonna watch the show over the AZ Country Club in maybe an hour, whenever it starts. For some reason I was invited by a distant acquaintance to this house with a backyard opening onto the golf course; dude's on the make, I think, so maybe I'll get laid! That's American, right?

I totally got laid. :twisted:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I'm inching closer to having an honest to god designed product under my belt, after skirting around my Industrial Design degree for the past 3 years. I'm having to push my boundaries a little and be a little demanding at work, but its working so far. Hope I don't gently caress it up!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
It's my birthday :3:

I got some gift cards and money and iPod dock and scarves and ugg boots and a bunch of other cool stuff, and right now my husband is in the kitchen baking me a cake :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
Got back from a Roadtrip to San Francisco with a buddy for the week. Was awesome. I got myself injured pretty badly but that didn't stop me from hiking up those hills! :buddy: Had a great time and the fireworks were amazing.