Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Are they replaying Evil Dave at least? Because I missed it the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Smeep posted:

Are they replaying Evil Dave at least? Because I missed it the first time.
I missed it too, but it seems like they only play the shittiest segments on the Best of the Week. Lame.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
The huge disadvantage with not having a comedian in the chair is that Howard isn't willing to goof on guests like Artie was. Having Artie in the studio for the Octomom interview could have made it less of a complete waste of time.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

The huge disadvantage with not having a comedian in the chair is that Howard isn't willing to goof on guests like Artie was. Having Artie in the studio for the Octomom interview could have made it less of a complete waste of time.

This is so true. There would have been no hesitation from Artie... and it could have made a harrible interview amazing.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

heavy liquid posted:

This is so true. There would have been no hesitation from Artie... and it could have made a harrible interview amazing.

Just like the Crystal Clear/Carson's Ribs interview from a few years ago. It's loving fantastic. The whole thing is worth listening to but the Artie rage really pics up in part 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSpnU2UZ2k&feature=related

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Anyone have the link for that ETM collection that was floating around in the previous thread? My computer recently died on me, and that went with it. I love listening to that ungrateful son of a bitch.
http://scriptcover.com/

My hosting, go nuts.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Artie was truly a fan of a show and often acted as the voice of the audience, I agree that the chair desperately needs to be filled and am quite honestly surprised that Howard genuinely doesn't seem to care that it's obviously dampening the show. Not having that extra voice, I mean. And Fred seems to be getting senile or something, there was one point during the Evil Dave bit where Howard was like "Fred don't you have something to play for this?" referring to every time Evil Dave would drop a bomb on the conversation, and he was totally right. There's often silence where Fred's clips used to light up the show, and the lack of that other voice- ugh. I really enjoy listening to old shows more than the live broadcasts now and it's depressing :smith:

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

My hosting, go nuts.

Thank you so much, this has it all. You are a great man.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The pure glee over Sal's apology is still my favorite moment on the Stern show ever. By far.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

internet celebrity posted:

So I don't know if this is widely known but if you call to cancel your account and tell them the reason is that you can no longer afford it they will offer you a 50% discount to stay on board.

Did you know that if you decide to cancel after they offer you that deal they will continue to charge you anyway and send your bill to collection agency when you refuse to pay? Just a heads up, because Sirius's customer service is the worst.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Transmodiar posted:

My hosting, go nuts.

You're fantastic.

I can listen to the High Pitch Mike at Disneyland every day until I die.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Transmodiar posted:

My hosting, go nuts.

This is great, thanks!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Motherfuckin' Artie and his fuckin' Johnny Fratto impression, Jesus Christ, Howard.

Lemme tellya a quick story...

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
This is the first time I've heard the Sal's apology bit other than between commercials etc. I love you.

"Hi, this is Sal Governale" is one of the best bits from the show ever

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

This is the first time I've heard the Sal's apology bit other than between commercials etc. I love you.

The best part is that everyone listening to it IMMEDIATELY knows it will be one of the funniest things ever. Artie going "Its funny already!" cracks me up.

edit: Also, Kevin from Delaware with an amazing call.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 3, 2011

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
You know what I miss?

Howard signing the 1-800-MATTRES jingle

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Artie lookin' good:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Wow, nice weight loss. Although it does look like he traded 100lb for 10 years of aging.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Artie lookin' good:

Sort of looks like an old Jack Black.

Good for him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Holy poo poo, going that gray at 43?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
He's 10 sit-ups away from lookin' like a young Burt Lancaster

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Artie lookin' good:

Holy poo poo, he looks great. But also, kind old.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Hellloooo, yoohoo."

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Heroin and stab wounds tend to age a person.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AltronHGX posted:

Holy poo poo, going that gray at 43?

I'm nearly that grey at 37. It's one of the reasons that I started shaving my head.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Godinster posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQYbCh51FlQ&feature=related

I wish Artie could come back even to just laugh all the time. It's infectious for a lack of better word, and makes even a mediocre skit great.

Christ I forgot about call. Such a great call. So funny.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Sal: "I love you."
Artie: "I hate your guts."

I forget sometimes how every person on that show is at least partially insane. It's awesome!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Artie lookin' good:

He looks good! What's the story on the picture? When was it taken?

_minty
Feb 22, 2007
~
Come back Artie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFp8USTG6uQ

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Did you know that if you decide to cancel after they offer you that deal they will continue to charge you anyway and send your bill to collection agency when you refuse to pay? Just a heads up, because Sirius's customer service is the worst.

This happened to both my dad and my girlfriend's dad.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Daryl DBD posted:

He looks good! What's the story on the picture? When was it taken?

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/new-artie-lange-photo-shows-healthier-happier-comedian

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Artie lookin' good:

Maybe it's just my love for the baby gorilla, but he really does look genuinely clean in that picture. It's a shame it took multiple stab wounds to the gut for the wake up call to happen.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Joe Don Baker posted:

Maybe it's just my love for the baby gorilla, but he really does look genuinely clean in that picture. It's a shame it took multiple stab wounds to the gut for the wake up call to happen.

Yeah. Wow. Good for him, though. I'm always glad when gently caress-ups get their poo poo together.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm glad he's clean, but let's be honest: he looks like a fifty-year-old Chaz Bono.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
This has got to be killing Robin. She submits herself to every whitch doctor on the planet and is still over weight.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
She should definitely try Artie's method

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

sedative posted:

She should definitely try Artie's method

Hopefully no one will stop by to prevent her death.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

A letter showed up at my parents house today from PricewaterhouseCoopers. Apparently, when I canceled my Sirius subscription in 2007, there was a $33 credit on the account which I am now eligible to receive via check. Woo hoo, free money!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

haljordan posted:

A letter showed up at my parents house today from PricewaterhouseCoopers. Apparently, when I canceled my Sirius subscription in 2007, there was a $33 credit on the account which I am now eligible to receive via check. Woo hoo, free money!

I would push them to give you the interest they earned while holding your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Artie lookin' good:

All I can think while looking at this is

"I don't dye my hair" - Howard Stern, 57 years old