Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Wheezer posted:

Any chance this one is Microcosm? http://www.giantbomb.com/microcosm/61-17053/ Around 1993, one of the early CD titles. FMV-based, so not really 3D but not sprites either. The screenshots behind the link aren't from the PC release I think, except for the one to the right, midway down the page, which looks like the game I played.

From the looks of things this could be it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Ok I have another one It was a neo geo game which played like a evil snow brothers It came out sometime in 2002 or so

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

AkumaHokoru posted:

Ok I have another one It was a neo geo game which played like a evil snow brothers It came out sometime in 2002 or so

Nightmare in the Dark

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

Nightmare in the Dark

I kept looking up knights in the nightmare -lol- I have one more...this one is far more obscure. It was an old arcade game where you could pick between 3 characters. a Martial Artist in a loin cloth A Female Superhero or a Male Wrestler (I think?) where you went around the world and fought bosses some stages had enemies you had to fight through before you got to the boss one of the last stages was a pirate airship. The game also had tandem attacks where 2 characters could do a special move and a enhanced version would come out. any info?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

AkumaHokoru posted:

I kept looking up knights in the nightmare -lol- I have one more...this one is far more obscure. It was an old arcade game where you could pick between 3 characters. a Martial Artist in a loin cloth A Female Superhero or a Male Wrestler (I think?) where you went around the world and fought bosses some stages had enemies you had to fight through before you got to the boss one of the last stages was a pirate airship. The game also had tandem attacks where 2 characters could do a special move and a enhanced version would come out. any info?

There's only a few arcade games like this, check out Metamoquester, Monster Maulers, and Sengoku 3.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

There's only a few arcade games like this, check out Metamoquester, Monster Maulers, and Sengoku 3.

I know it isnt metamoquester as I played that last week. I know it isnt sengoku 3 because I cant forget that game...Monster maulers...I was thinking beast busters...lemme see if that is it. also sup buddy :)

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Supeerme posted:

Here's another game i want to know: This game was interesting, it had a lady in a bluedress and her hair was tied in a bun,her hair was black. The one thing i remember most though was that their was a weapon in it that looked like a wind up toy of a penquin. There was also a foot race with a strange beast that had a wolf head but a human body,it had 2 spikes as hands as well. it was very fast ran around a foutian.

I think I got the demo cd somewhere...

Well, there's a game with a guy in a blue robe who's hair is tied up sort of like a bun and one of the weapons is a wind-up penguin. I can't remember races around fountains with spike handed wolf head things though, google Little Big Adventure or Relentless.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.
Almost nothing to go on on this one I'm afraid: Mid 90s fighting game (PS1? Saturn?) 3d, and one of the characters had a combo that would cause a meteor to come from behind the screen.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

boner meter posted:

Almost nothing to go on on this one I'm afraid: Mid 90s fighting game (PS1? Saturn?) 3d, and one of the characters had a combo that would cause a meteor to come from behind the screen.

Evil Zone? Only a guess because randomly pressing buttons would get some crazy poo poo happening

EDIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4x0Cih4F4&t=5m8s
There's a kind of meteor thing there, there might be others though!

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 23, 2011

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

boner meter posted:

I think one of the Street Fighter EX games had that - maybe a level 3 Zangief super? Or everyone's super? I'm having trouble finding video that isn't training mode or people just messing around.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
This one was a vertical arcade shooter from mid-nineties to shortly after 2000. It had a fantasy theme and you could choose characters riding a dragon. One was a skeleton dragon rode by some necromancer, another was a standard knight with a shield. The order of levels would change, depending on the character you chose. When you shot enemies they would leave gold behind you could collect. Should be a high-profile game and not too difficult to find, yet I have not been successful so far. Thank you.

e: Dragon Blaze

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 23, 2011

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

This one was a vertical arcade shooter from mid-nineties to shortly after 2000. It had a fantasy theme and you could choose characters riding a dragon. One was a skeleton dragon rode by some necromancer, another was a standard knight with a shield. The order of levels would change, depending on the character you chose. When you shot enemies they would leave gold behind you could collect. Should be a high-profile game and not too difficult to find, yet I have not been successful so far. Thank you.

I don't suppose it's Dimahoo, is it?

Also, nice username! :)

edit: It probably is Dragon Blaze. Come to think of it, Dimahoo levels don't change order. Also may be a few other inconsistencies. Haven't played it recently enough.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 23, 2011

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

If it's not Dimahoo, is it Dragon Blaze? This was just featured on HG101, and looks like what you're describing.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

boner meter posted:

Ehrgeiz was a 3d fighting arcade game that was ported to the PS1. Cloud from FFVII was a special character and his super move was to call Meteor.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Ehrgeiz was a 3d fighting arcade game that was ported to the PS1. Cloud from FFVII was a special character and his super move was to call Meteor.

Definitely wasn't that. Yeah that SF EX thing sounds more likely, it was some kind of super special one hit kill thing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK, this was for the original PlayStation/PSX, and while the name is the tip of my tongue I cannot remember its exact details.

The game was top down/isometric, and was action based along with collecting key cards and the like. You had basic weapons like a machine gun and rifle (fired 'upwards' with the triangle, 'down' with the X, etc), with one or two characters - one being a brown haired woman, the other a guy. I recall it being surprisingly violent for the time and having a lot of variety in the death animations for its enemies.

This is about as a generic as a description can get for games back then, but still. :v:

vvvv Close but that isn't it. The game was sprite-based rather than 'true' 3D. I should have mentioned that.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 23, 2011

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Loaded or Reloaded?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Hakkesshu posted:

Loaded or Reloaded?

You could only shoot in the direction you were traveling in those.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Plus those are overhead, Project: Overkill from Konami is definitely the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJi5Na7I4E

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Neo Rasa posted:

Plus those are overhead, Project: Overkill from Konami is definitely the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJi5Na7I4E

Hahaha, holy poo poo that's the one. All came back the second I saw that developer name crash onto the screen. Man I want to play that again. :(

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

AkumaHokoru posted:

I know it isnt metamoquester as I played that last week. I know it isnt sengoku 3 because I cant forget that game...Monster maulers...I was thinking beast busters...lemme see if that is it. also sup buddy :)

beast busters was a first person on-rails shooter game with a giant mounted machine gun

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Cobweb Heart and Rollersnake, thank you (for the links too!)! It was Dragon Blaze.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Well curse and dangit, I don't expect anyone to actually know what game I'm talking about, but here goes. I believe it must have been some kind of old indie game, we're talking early 2000s. As I recall, the gameplay consisted of dragging pixels or glowing dots of different colours around to fight the computer doing the same thing. In fact, it was kind of similar to this flash game: http://www.bubblebox.com/play/action/1801.htm

Except you basically held down the mouse button and this would attract the pixels or blocks to where you were pressing, and they'd "fight" the other coloured blocks. It had complicated stages and such and was 2d. I honestly don't remember anything about the game other than the actual gameplay, but it was definitely a windows game.
Liquid war?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_War
http://www.ufoot.org/liquidwar/v5/screenshots/img-000135

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

I am trying to find out the name of a game for one of my mates, his memories of it are pretty sketchy but would love any help if anyone has any idea!

"It is a point and click adventure I think released in the 1990s, You start off on a boat. The game is set in the present day, it isn't futuristic or set in the past or anything.

You can move round the island getting shells and fishing and what not, and then sell it. If you went out into the open sea in your boat, pirates came after you and gunned you down.

The plot is about some woman being kidnapped or something."

Bonus picture of the boat that he drew:

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

poptart_fairy posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo that's the one. All came back the second I saw that developer name crash onto the screen. Man I want to play that again. :(

Wow. Project: Overkill. I've got it stashed away in a box somewhere. I might have to dig it out over the weekend. That was a loving tough game as I recall.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRQgt28gJs&feature=related Could somebody tell me what the hell this is. It looks so bad I want to play it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I used to have a game, a 16 colors platformer where you played a guy in red shirt and blue pants (...I think) who held a little wand, and if you held down Alt while walking, certain blocks would disolve beneath his feet. You could solve puzzles this way, but after a while the blocks would return. I can't remember if occupying the same space at that time caused your character to die, or just get stuck or pushed out of the way...

It might've been called someone's Castle? No enemies I think, just platforming and puzzle solving, and possibly the collecting of scrolls. It's been like 18 years since I played this game, but it bugs me that it's the only game I can remember playing and have no clue what the name is.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

^^ That sounds like Lode Runner although that does have enemies. Could have been a ripoff game

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

davidspackage posted:

I used to have a game, a 16 colors platformer where you played a guy in red shirt and blue pants (...I think) who held a little wand, and if you held down Alt while walking, certain blocks would disolve beneath his feet. You could solve puzzles this way, but after a while the blocks would return. I can't remember if occupying the same space at that time caused your character to die, or just get stuck or pushed out of the way...

It might've been called someone's Castle? No enemies I think, just platforming and puzzle solving, and possibly the collecting of scrolls. It's been like 18 years since I played this game, but it bugs me that it's the only game I can remember playing and have no clue what the name is.

Was it for the NES? Was it Solomon's Key?

Cellophane S posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRQgt28gJs&feature=related Could somebody tell me what the hell this is. It looks so bad I want to play it.

Despite making GBS threads up my records at google with some truly bizarre search terms, I have no idea. Cool channel, though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cellophane S posted:

This would be Firo & Klawd.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm remembering a mid-late '90s racing game for the PC where there was a cheat code that made it so you could race as a carton of beer cans.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm remembering a mid-late '90s racing game for the PC where there was a cheat code that made it so you could race as a carton of beer cans.

Need For Speed 2 SE

Enter one of the following codes at any screen:

Cheat Code RESULT
tombstone Daytona car
bomber Bomber BFS car
fzr2000 FZR 2000 car
go48 Log
go49 Crate 1
go50 Beer box
go51 Rock

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
I used to know the name of this game but not anymore.
It was a lucasarts(?) educational PC game in which you played as two kids and rode around on the back of a giant flying snail answering questions and it had really funky prerendered 3D or something.

EDIT: Mortimer and the Riddles of the Medallion

Also, I used to have a game that may have been educational but I'm not certain, and all I know about it was it was a cartoony PC game involving the knights of the round table. There was some sort of Giant in the game, and i had (and still have) a toy that was based off of the giant from the game.

Also this is a real long shot, but I had, at one point, a demo disc type thing that was branded Chrysler and was some sort of 3D 'game' where you walked around and looked at different prerendered 3D chrysler cars like a point and click game.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 4, 2011

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
This isn't an old game at all, but I absolutely cannot find anything on it.

Read about an RTS no more than 2 years ago (maybe 3) which was a bit like Supreme Commander except with a Steampunk setting. You have lots of tiny units and then each side has one absolutely enormous unit, like 50 times the size of the buildings.

I think (I think) you only controlled the large unit and indirectly controlled your smaller units as a result. I think. I swear it has a name like Godhead or something. I seem to remember a screenshot of this giant steampunk-y creature and the map was a giant ring of stone floating high in the sky.

I'm sure I didn't dream this.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Dixie Flatline posted:

Well, there's a game with a guy in a blue robe who's hair is tied up sort of like a bun and one of the weapons is a wind-up penguin. I can't remember races around fountains with spike handed wolf head things though, google Little Big Adventure or Relentless.

Ah wow that's the one! Thank you!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gazmachine posted:

This isn't an old game at all, but I absolutely cannot find anything on it.

Read about an RTS no more than 2 years ago (maybe 3) which was a bit like Supreme Commander except with a Steampunk setting. You have lots of tiny units and then each side has one absolutely enormous unit, like 50 times the size of the buildings.

I think (I think) you only controlled the large unit and indirectly controlled your smaller units as a result. I think. I swear it has a name like Godhead or something. I seem to remember a screenshot of this giant steampunk-y creature and the map was a giant ring of stone floating high in the sky.

I'm sure I didn't dream this.

This has to be Demigod.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I used to play online with a few friends. I once tried to play against someone at a LAN and we spent 20 minutes yelling at each other until we realised we were both in single player games against the CPU.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

The game I was thinking of was, indeed, LOVE. Looks like it came out, and nothing happened of it.

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 5, 2011

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That does sound like it was LOVE, yes. As far as I know it didn't last too long and coasted on a small minority of hardcore. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

davidspackage posted:

Good god, I was just thinking about this game yesterday. It sounds like Clyde's Adventure.

Only registered members can see post attachments!