Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

t3ch3 posted:

Did someone say "up in 'dem guts"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSN_hk7AGM

gently caress I love this song. Scott hasn't played it on CDR/CBB in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh hey a Something Awful reference on the My Little Pony episode of Greatest Movie Ever.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer

Throatwarbler posted:

Oh hey a Something Awful reference on the My Little Pony episode of Greatest Movie Ever.

Yeah, he has an account.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
On twitter Scottobot sounded like he was saying there would be a new CBB tonight at midnight.

Edit: New CBB up.It has both Harris Whittles,and Bret Gelman. Lets just hope big daddy dick stink doesn't ban Gelman off Comedy Bang Bang.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 1, 2011

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
^^ haven't listened yet, but the new CBB is the one cohosted by whoever won the charity auction. Wittels + Gelman has to be solid no matter who's hosting, but we'll see...

Also, it's the 1st! New Superego and Pod F. Tompkast!

(Just when I was starting to catch up on my backlog, first a five and a half hour Hardcore History drops yesterday, now like 5 new shows are out today (above + the usual DLM & Sklarbro)

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Exciting news on this week's CBB! I wonder, though, if Gelman's shtick won't wear thin in a weekly format and without Scott's disapproval, much like Bob Ducca

LITERALLY MAD IRL
Oct 30, 2008

And Malcolm Gladwell likes what he hears!

ALFbrot posted:

Exciting news on this week's CBB! I wonder, though, if Gelman's shtick won't wear thin in a weekly format and without Scott's disapproval, much like Bob Ducca

I would say there is a 100% chance of it wearing thin within the first ten minutes.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

LITERALLY MAD IRL posted:

I would say there is a 100% chance of it wearing thin within the first ten minutes.

He could read ibrain every episode and I would listen every week.

A Fistful of Dicks
Jan 8, 2011

WoG posted:

New Superego

Superego is loving amazing! Reminds me of what I liked about CDR/CBB at first, my type of completely abstract humor.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LITERALLY MAD IRL posted:

I am going to say you are 100 percent false. Gelman isn't just some dude, he is a super talented comedian, and all of his funny or die stuff is pretty drat funny.

And who can forget his gripping teleplay for Eagleheart.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I love the mounting tension between Samm Levine and Doug on the taped DLM episodes. Samm is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests on it, just because he seems to take everything more seriously than Doug, but Doug is still kind of dumb and protective of his own show. It is very entertaining.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

brainsforbrains posted:

UYD related post

Breaking News Chris Hansen reportedly caught cheating on his wife on hidden camera. And she's twenty years younger than him.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/to-catch-a-predators-chris-hansen-caught-by-hidden,58335/

Seth is going to go loving OFF.

HOLY poo poo Dr. Hansen!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Carabus posted:

Check out This American Wife, great satire of public radio as well as some of the podcasts here. Tons of characters in the last one.
I just got a chance to listen to this. James Adomian was great as always, but I also wanted to point out that the guy who does the Robert Siegel impression nails it. Also James Adomian brings back Merrill Shindler in that episode, he's one of my favorite characters that I had no idea was a real person.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Also, I think that's the first time I've heard Adomian do Ron Paul. Hopefully we'll hear more of that in the future. I think he's a bit closer to Rand than Ron in his impersonation, but it doesn't really matter because there's a ton of comedy to mine from that pair.

It's also a nice change from Adomian's tendency to do impressions of celebrities by just doing a version of their voice that yells a lot and is angry.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
The new PFTcast is one of the best he's ever done. I wish every episode was live!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Speaking of, does anybody know how he did this month's episode of the GUP? I swear a few times he interrupted himself which I can't see is possible if it's 100% live.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Mr. Squishy posted:

Speaking of, does anybody know how he did this month's episode of the GUP? I swear a few times he interrupted himself which I can't see is possible if it's 100% live.

yeah I noticed he interrupted himself once during the Ice T/ALW call (I think) and I thought it was either a very clever and equally unnecessary thing to do or I don't know what the hell was going on. It seemed very much like the other halves of the conversations were pre-recorded though and that's the only thing that makes sense to me for I am an knuckleshead

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The rambling at the beginning made a lot more sense when he had an audience to play off.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I love the mounting tension between Samm Levine and Doug on the taped DLM episodes. Samm is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests on it, just because he seems to take everything more seriously than Doug, but Doug is still kind of dumb and protective of his own show. It is very entertaining.

I hope Levine is on a live show soon. It would probably boil over and be hilarious.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Carabus posted:

Check out This American Wife, great satire of public radio as well as some of the podcasts here. Tons of characters in the last one.

Finally checked this out, and I burst out laughing during the Joe Frank/Marc Maron bit. Not only did I get introduced to a great new podcast, but I get to listen to Joe Frank's massive body of work, as I had never heard of him before.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Frank on the fives and sixes!

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Man, the guest host on CBB was a real dud. Gelman was a riot as usual though.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
The best thing about Judge John Hodgman is the parade of hipsters that bring all the cases and the disdain Hodgman directs towards all of them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that that's who the JJGo fanbase is.

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡

dancehall posted:

Man, the guest host on CBB was a real dud. Gelman was a riot as usual though.

What? That was hilarious. He really held his own and kept the energy going for someone who isnt even a comedian or entertainer at all. The part where it was just Harris and Scott overcriticizing him had me laughing so hard.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
The new episode of CBB was hilarious and awkward. I really hope they keep the charity guest hosts going, because it's makes for comically fun awkward interactions.

Also, loved the tension between Doug and Sam Levine and how almost no one sided with Doug regarding "Everything Must Go".

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Solidus posted:

What? That was hilarious. He really held his own and kept the energy going for someone who isnt even a comedian or entertainer at all. The part where it was just Harris and Scott overcriticizing him had me laughing so hard.

I also loved when he was being mean to harris during the foam corner just to be mean.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Solidus posted:

I was crying laughing at the end when Scott started going all passive aggressive. "Sure! Just do whatever you want! Ha ha that was fun!"

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
That Dan Nainan guy who was trolling Marc Maron ("I'll pay you to put me on your podcast") and who was trolling/being trolled by some dude in this thread is now trolling on twitter at @CleanComedianUS.

Russell Peters strongly implied that the dude had set up a fake website appearing to be his on a recent Joe Rogan podcast appearance (didn't name him, but it really did sound like something he would do).

I don't really care for/about him except as an observer of drama, sorry if this is totally off-topic but there is podcast relevance here.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

That Dan Nainan guy who was trolling Marc Maron ("I'll pay you to put me on your podcast") and who was trolling/being trolled by some dude in this thread is now trolling on twitter at @CleanComedianUS.

I'm convinced its not Dan Nainan, its just too funny and mocking him.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Yannick_B posted:

Now that you mention it, you're probably right. Does a great job of sounding like him, though!

widunder
May 2, 2002
I wish Bill Burr would have his girlfriend on more. They have some great drat chemistry together.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Say what you will about Doug Benson's twitter feed, but this photo made me crack up.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I loved hearing how Bill Burr and Doug Benson found Bruce Buffers introduction's hilarious.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 4, 2011

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
One of the guys in the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest wore a HENDERSON headband in support of Sklarbro Country.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I think if Judge John Hodgman was any longer of a podcast, I would have a hard time maintaining interest. But as it is, I just listened to the last four episodes and I love how quick Hodgman is. This is definitely entering the rotation.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
I've listened to the last few episodes of Christopher Titus' podcast. It's sort of like a low rent version of the Adam Carolla podcast--he rants a bit, his girlfriend reads the news and they discuss crazy stuff that happened in Florida, etc. A third person is there, but not a celebrity, just some random person Titus knows or worked with.

The dynamic on Carolla is a bit messed up with Alison Rosen, since she pretty much just agrees to whatever he says and attempts to make some joke to back him up. Titus' girlfriend gives him a hard time occasionally and argues with him, which is more interesting. I've always enjoyed his one man shows and the sitcom he did, but I can tell if he keeps ranting about the same couple of topics it's going to get annoying.

And you can add him to the growing list of podcast hosts that have gotten sober and bring it up a lot. More power to them, but if you were to listen to Hardwick, Fitzsimmons, Maron, Mewes, and Titus in a row, you might feel like you're in therapy.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

benito posted:

And you can add him to the growing list of podcast hosts that have gotten sober and bring it up a lot. More power to them, but if you were to listen to Hardwick, Fitzsimmons, Maron, Mewes, and Titus in a row, you might feel like you're in therapy.

Yeah it's a common thing for their profession but when you're listening to them talk about it you tend to feel like an rear end in a top hat even if you manage to drink beer without become a huge fuckup.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If you really want therapy try The Mental Illness Happy Hour. Much more of a self-help podcast than a comedy one but it's still fantastic and each episode features a new hosed up person talking about their mental issues instead of their career or whatever they're pimping.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

The new Complete Guide to Everything is great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Yannick_B posted:

The real Dan is painfully unfunny, but it makes the cleancomedian account even funnier.
http://twitter.com/!/comediandan

• Locked thread