Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Heavy neutrino posted:

Hey guys, I played New Vegas on PS3 and did pretty much everything there is to do in the game, but I haven't played the DLC, and I was wondering if with the user created mod content it's worth it to pay 21 bucks for the game + DLC as per today's Steam sale.

Shorter version of the question: Is it worth it to shell out $21 to re-purchase the game so that I can mod it?

Also, how good are the two DLC scenarios?

It is completely worth it. The game is very much designed for the PC in the first place, and mod content extends the life of the game immensely.

The DLC are alright, though both have their problems. Dead Money is very linear and poorly balanced, but the voice acting and actual story is really good. Honest Hearts doesn't have much going for story or characters (except Graham and the late Survivalist, who are great), but is fun for exploring a different setting than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Heavy neutrino posted:

Hey guys, I played New Vegas on PS3 and did pretty much everything there is to do in the game, but I haven't played the DLC, and I was wondering if with the user created mod content it's worth it to pay 21 bucks for the game + DLC as per today's Steam sale.

Shorter version of the question: Is it worth it to shell out $21 to re-purchase the game so that I can mod it?

Also, how good are the two DLC scenarios?

Yes. Think of it this way: Like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, you're not just buying the content that Obsidian / Bethesda provides through official DLC, you're buying years and years worth of poo poo that the community produces. For example, there's already a mod that allows you to effectively combine Fallout 3 and New Vegas worldspace into a single, massive playthrough.

Want more guns? You can add hundreds more with mods like the Armory, FO3 Weapon Restoration Project, and CFWNV.

Wish you could do more with your guns? Grab WMX or WME and go to town.

Want to overhaul the whole system? FOOK and Project Nevada are releasing new features on a regular basis.

Want new missions and locations to murder poo poo in? Puce Moose and a handful of modders are populating the wasteland with completely new quests and towns.

Tired of the radio stations? Add a new one. Game looking a little long in the teeth? Grab the amazing retextures from Ojo Bueno and Arenovalis (or Dynavision for some DoF and mood shaders.)

Basically you'll get sick of the game before you run out of new poo poo to try out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have a question, do the retexturing mods effect the Fallout 3 areas? Also how does it handle the start of Fallout 3? Also do I need all the DLC to use it? I skipped on the first and last DLC since I heard they sucked.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 5, 2011

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, so has anybody tried Essential Visual Enhancements yet? I was under the impression that it was just an energy visual rehash (sort of like FO3's equivalent, but FO3 needed one.) Turns out, it's been rebranded to deal with visuals for all sorts of poo poo, like exploding limbs, bullet/water impact, and critical kills. These images are loving exciting, man.

EVE has been pretty neat so far, though some additions, like the newly animated containers kinda suck and are super slow.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Rirse posted:

I have a question, do the retexturing mods effect the Fallout 3 areas? Also how does it handle the start of Fallout 3? Also do I need all the DLC to use it? I skipped on the first and last DLC since I heard they sucked.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are totally separate games. You seem to be confused...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Terpfen posted:

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are totally separate games. You seem to be confused...

You should read again, because his question is perfectly understandable (going in with the understanding that he's talking about that Requiem for the Capital Wasteland mod).

Rirse posted:

FO3 texture mods affect all FO3 areas, and also any places in NV that use FO3 textures, which'll create a sharp disparity in quality when you come to an area that uses both new NV textures and old FO3 textures. You start out near Vault 101, and no, you don't need any of the DLCs; they're supported, but generally untested.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

That's not what you were wearing when Benny shot you, though. It looked like a big hat and typical wasteland wanderer clothes.
Hence the bit about it not making much sense ;)

SplitSoul posted:

:nexus: and/or :nma:

Ha, this is perfect.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Coughing Hobo posted:

You should read again, because his question is perfectly understandable (going in with the understanding that he's talking about that Requiem for the Capital Wasteland mod).

Neither his most recent or immediately previous post make mention of RftCW.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Heavy neutrino posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you for pointing out that this was on sale today. I've been biding my time waiting for NV and the DLC to be on sale before I bought it for the PC. I played the poo poo out of NV on my 360 and now that I've updated my PC I've been curious to see how the mods (specifically The Armory, Bounties and Arenovalis' retexes) are for it.

And it only ended up costing me a fraction of what I made today, cheers bro.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I bought this game earlier today thanks to it being on sale, and while I'm waiting for my normal laptop that's actually capable of playing it to be repaired, there's one little request I have: are there any mods that put in a classic U.S. postal worker uniform? I'd like to have my courier actually look like someone who delivers packages.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I bought this game earlier today, and while I'm waiting for my normal laptop that's actually capable of playing it at the shop, there's one little request I have: are there any mods that put in a classic U.S. postal worker uniform? I'd like to have my courier actually look like someone who delivers packages.

This, oddly, is not the first time someone has requested this. Sadly I don't think anyone has come up with a solution. However, if you're looking for string bikinis with bouncing boob support, I'm sure there are dozens on Nexus!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Well then, are there any options for sexy mail men?

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Speaking of sexy, has anyone delivered the infamous mole rat mod or is a mere mention of it a bannable offense now?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
None that I know of!

So in other news to sort of start the excitement for The Armory v2.5, I took some screenshots of a newly fixed and implemented weapon that rather recently was unveiled on Nexus half-assedly as per usual.

As per usual, it's an absolutely mess of scaling issues, mesh problems, etc but it was still fairly well done and the author did a pretty good job of working with what must have been a hellaciously tedious job of making it all fit. Still, the iron sights didn't work and never would have without modifying the mesh, he added some sort of stupid useless wooden backrack with extra rounds in it that I removed, and he didn't have the right arm little arm bar needed to work with the hand grip the missile launchers use in FO3/NV. So the results are above.

And yes, I implemented an RPG-7 as well.

edit: oh, and I'm not a total dick - I did all this and messaged the original author offering my fixes a few days ago and still haven't heard back from him. I guess I probably pissed him off.

pokie posted:

Speaking of sexy, has anyone delivered the infamous mole rat mod or is a mere mention of it a bannable offense now?

Good god man, I delivered the molerat boobs ages ago. Got it taken down from Nexus too because it hit #2 on the File of the Month and they found it embarassing/plus they felt we were dogpiling the voting system.

I think this is the link for molerat boobs...

Naky fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 5, 2011

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Naky posted:

This, oddly, is not the first time someone has requested this. Sadly I don't think anyone has come up with a solution. However, if you're looking for string bikinis with bouncing boob support, I'm sure there are dozens on Nexus!

Wow. That is....really sad. I did mention complaining about why such an obvious-to-include mod was never made when there were so many other mods out there already on this thread some months ago, so it could have easily been me who was the one who asked that in the first place.

Well, at least someone made a mod that involved a black and white version of Fallout 3's pimp suit, so I can still do a run as Leisure Suit Larry.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
All I've wanted since the beginning was a businesswear (or other equivalent formal) suit without the blazer and the sleeves rolled up. Maybe a vest. Form over function.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Ugh, I was gonna ask what mods I should get for a first time player but there's so many of them that sound really really good but also game breaking.

I was thinking Weapon Mod Expansion and Armory. More guns and customization is never bad, right?

Then if I decide for a second playthrough, I'll get a shitload of mods and play for 10 minutes, just like in the Oblivion days.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I bought this game earlier today thanks to it being on sale, and while I'm waiting for my normal laptop that's actually capable of playing it to be repaired, there's one little request I have: are there any mods that put in a classic U.S. postal worker uniform? I'd like to have my courier actually look like someone who delivers packages.

It's not quite a U.S. Post uniform, but I used this starting outfit mod until I outgrew it. Feels more appropriate than the Vault jumpsuit, for sure.

Pr0phecy posted:

Ugh, I was gonna ask what mods I should get for a first time player but there's so many of them that sound really really good but also game breaking.

I was thinking Weapon Mod Expansion and Armory. More guns and customization is never bad, right?

Then if I decide for a second playthrough, I'll get a shitload of mods and play for 10 minutes, just like in the Oblivion days.

The game is broken out of the box (broken as in easy, not bad). Find yourself some mods, and go hog wild. In fact, you'll need mods if you want to add some challenge.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Jan posted:

The game is broken out of the box (broken as in easy, not bad). Find yourself some mods, and go hog wild. In fact, you'll need mods if you want to add some challenge.

I loving love a good challenge. Can you name some mods that will increase difficulty without changing the game?

By changing the game, I can only give you an example of what I mean by it.

There were some modes for Oblivion that sounded swell, but as soon as you exited the starter dungeon, you got a shitload of new items and spells that completely hosed the game and sometimes the lovely dungeons that were included just looked out of place (this is more of a Morrowind problem).

A seamless integration is what I'm looking for here.

edit: XFO sounds like it offers what we're looking for.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Pr0phecy posted:

There were some modes for Oblivion that sounded swell, but as soon as you exited the starter dungeon, you got a shitload of new items and spells that completely hosed the game and sometimes the lovely dungeons that were included just looked out of place (this is more of a Morrowind problem).

... don't use the cabinet addon for The Armory then. Hello instant gamebreaking!

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Naky posted:

Good god man, I delivered the molerat boobs ages ago.

Awesome. I went through the first 40 pages of the thread and didn't find it.

Does anybody know what you are supposed to do in the second assignment of the Bounties quest mod? Once I read the journal at the caravan location, the quest marker points to the Brotherhood Safehouse, which I can't enter until I go through all their quests.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
I hate asking you guys so many dumb questions but I'm so inexperienced with running all these mods.

I get crashes fairly often on level transitions. Sometimes right when I activate a door, sometimes during loading, and sometimes a split second after it loads and I can see the new area. I assume they're all related to the same thing, at least I would hope.

Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking for conflicts or introduced bugs that would cause this? The most recent mods I installed were PN, a flashlight mod, and a bunch of armor packs, and I have a hunch it's the former since the crashes seemed to happen only after it was installed, though I hate to think it's that because a lot of what it adds is pretty drat fun.

Other than that, I have to say, playing through the first time was a great experience, but playing through with mods has been fun as hell and hilarious to boot with all the dumb garbage you can do. Shame it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.

e: Come to think of it, I've been using the 4gb patch as well, maybe I'll try without it and see.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Pr0phecy posted:

I loving love a good challenge. Can you name some mods that will increase difficulty without changing the game?

By changing the game, I can only give you an example of what I mean by it.

A seamless integration is what I'm looking for here.

XFO is still a great mod, but it hasn't been updated in a while and I haven't heard much news on its development.

I've recommended it several times in recent weeks, but Project Nevada comes with a large number of configurable modules that will increase the game's difficulty. Install it as a FOMOD and--if you don't want the new weapons and armor the mod adds*--just activate the CORE and REBALANCE modules. Project Nevada can be set up to radically reduce the number of chems and ammo you find and rescale how much HP you and NPCs have (among other things.) You'll find yourself actually needing to use AP and Slugs on Robots, MED-X and Hydra to survive firefights, and a little bit of brains on your ambushes.

*Most of the new weapons Project Nevada adds are actually guns from FO3. Pretty much all of the new equipment is well-balanced and high quality.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I hate asking you guys so many dumb questions but I'm so inexperienced with running all these mods.

I get crashes fairly often on level transitions. Sometimes right when I activate a door, sometimes during loading, and sometimes a split second after it loads and I can see the new area. I assume they're all related to the same thing, at least I would hope.

Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking for conflicts or introduced bugs that would cause this? The most recent mods I installed were PN, a flashlight mod, and a bunch of armor packs, and I have a hunch it's the former since the crashes seemed to happen only after it was installed, though I hate to think it's that because a lot of what it adds is pretty drat fun.

Other than that, I have to say, playing through the first time was a great experience, but playing through with mods has been fun as hell and hilarious to boot with all the dumb garbage you can do. Shame it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.

e: Come to think of it, I've been using the 4gb patch as well, maybe I'll try without it and see.

Have you been using a purge cell buffer mod? Your problem sounds exactly like one that is exacerbated by a PCB mod.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
I just got home and saw the steam sale. Picked up FO:NV and both DLC for $20. Can't wait to run mods on it. I've been buying games on the XBox instead of PC and after the buying NV on xbox I realized "who the gently caress am I buying this for? my friends? its not like its multilayer and I am missing out on tons of modding action and hours of play." I haven't played a game that gets heavily modded like this since HL1 (I have other games but I don't know dick about their modding community)

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
XFO is a good mod, but it's not really must-have quality, as it has some issues. I recently played through using XFO on normal.

XFO doesn't work perfectly with DLC content. Most noticeably, if you use one of the armor mods, none of the new armor or new badguys will have their armor altered, which can be problematic if you've done something like upped the damage and added DR. This is also true of modded-in armor, which really sucks. DLC weapon damage modifications seem to work, though.

Depending on your settings, the game kind of breaks at the end, and not in the good way. If you use the recommended settings, the enemies become enormous bullet sponges by the end, mainly because the game tweaks the way NPC hitpoints are calculated. In addition, you don't get as many hitpoints, which winds up making firefights feel kind of stupid by the end-game. You don't feel powerful at all. The other thing is that poo poo can break unbelievably fast, and particularly enemy weapons. I had a bunch of fights which ended with every single enemy breaking his respective gun and going into melee with fists. Something just felt off, stuff broke way too quickly. By the end, the only part of XFO I thought was worthwhile was the 2x damage change I was running with, and the armor mod that added DR.

Oh and one big annoying thing was that the "Food doesn't heal" mod removes healing from Healing Powder, which seemed pretty dumb!

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

New install of New Vegas, with a relatively modest set of mods: Project Nevada, Weapon Mod Extension, Western Skies, and a few small misc. things to go with them... but it's simply too much for this poor stupid game. It starts off alright but when I enter Goodsprings Tavern I crash trying to leave it again, the instant I use a door/pick the office door. It'll autosave on the other side of that door, and anytime I load that save the game will crash. I've restarted the game twice and played up to that point again, and that didn't fix it. I've also pared down this list from other things, like the companion idle animation mod, etc, to try and reduce compatibility issues, but no dice. Can't find a crash log for NV after the game dies, it just crashes with the generic windows crash message.
It doesn't help that FOMM itself keeps crashing on me when I try to use various features like updating and checking for mod incompatibilities. :(

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
R.A.C.E. Station.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
MoreShells.esp
Light Step ED-E.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp

Total active plugins: 21

Edit: Apparently Steam never finished installing the game. I restarted Steam and it downloaded an extra few hundred MB, and THEN the game worked. I think it was the DLC. Now my only problem is that Project Nevada and DarnUI don't want to work together. Nevada does SOME for the UI, but it doesn't expand the amount of stuff in text dialogs/inventory/shops/etc that's visible at once like Darn does.

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 5, 2011

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Does anyone have a copy of that new vegas battle suit mod? I decided to do a full reinstall, and it seems to have been taken off the nexus.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Male Man posted:

Well then, are there any options for sexy mail men?

If Finnish postal service is enough for you, I'm totally one!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The only part of XFO I am using right now are the Skill point adjustment and XP adjustment mods, since I don't think that is included in Project Nevada. I may be wrong though, and haven't checked my load order in a bit.

e: Perks and traits inspired by old Fallout games and Arcanum? Sign me up! http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42611

I think I will upload my PerksandTraits.esp file this weekend, since we are having such an influx of mods coming from goons lately.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 5, 2011

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jan posted:

It's not quite a U.S. Post uniform, but I used this starting outfit mod until I outgrew it. Feels more appropriate than the Vault jumpsuit, for sure.

Good enough. I'll use that for one of my runs.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Pr0phecy posted:

Yeah, I've been running a few XFO modules.

The AI tweaks aren't bad, but the AI will always be abysmal in this game, with or without mod. I haven't touched the armour stuff, for the reasons outlined above. Running 2x EXP required to level, yet I'm still L30 from goofing around without having started the main quests yet. The sneak module is touted as experimental, but it's been working fairly well (again, hard to tell with the AI in this game). The main (welcome) difference I've had is to be more careful to not sneak in visual range of enemies, only behind their backs.

I'm running a few more, but I'll just sum it up by saying avoid the armour stuff, the epic skills module (the GUI just doesn't support it and the workaround is clunky), you might as well decide yourself for the rest.

I'd start with Project Nevada though, it's better polished and maintained, and a few of its features are duplicated by XFO.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I actually had more crashes with the 4GB launcher. And since, each time, my memory usage never exceeded the 1GB treshold anyway, I just canned it even though I'm running some texture mods. Still get crashes but they're nothing drastic.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Jetsetlemming posted:

Edit: Apparently Steam never finished installing the game. I restarted Steam and it downloaded an extra few hundred MB, and THEN the game worked. I think it was the DLC. Now my only problem is that Project Nevada and DarnUI don't want to work together. Nevada does SOME for the UI, but it doesn't expand the amount of stuff in text dialogs/inventory/shops/etc that's visible at once like Darn does.

Yeah, it never hurts to run your install through Steam's file integrity checker if you can't seem to fix your CTDs. Project Nevada and DarnUI should be completely compatible, since I've got them running together without any problems. Have you edited the Fonts section of your Fallout_Prefs.ini in the Fallout New Vegas folder?

Gyshall posted:

The only part of XFO I am using right now are the Skill point adjustment and XP adjustment mods, since I don't think that is included in Project Nevada. I may be wrong though, and haven't checked my load order in a bit.

e: Perks and traits inspired by old Fallout games and Arcanum? Sign me up! http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42611

I think I will upload my PerksandTraits.esp file this weekend, since we are having such an influx of mods coming from goons lately.

Actually PN does have an XP adjuster. I've got it set to 75% pace, so leveling doesn't take an eternity, but I'm not level 20 in 15 hours either.

That mod you linked was one I had mentioned a while back. It's definitely showing a lot of promise, but when it was first released, it had some funky design decisions. Take "Bruiser" for instance: Since the author took a lot of the trait descriptions from FO1 and FO2 verbatim, the penalty for Bruiser was all of 2 AP. I'm glad he's taking feedback from the community and cleaning things up.

Post your perks and traits file!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, it never hurts to run your install through Steam's file integrity checker if you can't seem to fix your CTDs.

One thing about this: Steam will record a modified .ini file as a failed validation, but if it's set to read-only, it won't get replaced. So no one be surprised if one file fails to validate. It will plain ignore any mods, though.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I'm probably very very thick or something, but I cannot figure out how to make Reloaded work completely. Like, I can melt scrap metal down all day into 'Lead' but I can't seem to make any actual .40 bullets out of them.

I remember the one for FO3 working pretty much out of the box, but I just can't figure it out and the PDF they include is so in character as to be useless.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Male Man posted:

One thing about this: Steam will record a modified .ini file as a failed validation, but if it's set to read-only, it won't get replaced. So no one be surprised if one file fails to validate. It will plain ignore any mods, though.

Thanks for telling this! No matter what I did, it always told me one file failed to verify and I was confused.

Also, which mods are small improvements not listed in the OP you guys recommend? I'm thinking something in the line of the centered 3rd person camera.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 5, 2011

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Running into a very annoying problem where the game will crash when I fast travel. Right now I'm using:
Project Nevada - All of them except Cyberware
Military Explansion Program
Improved Ballistics Effects v2
Tag Skills Improved
Improved Sound
NV Bounties
No Auto Aim
Nevada Skies

I have them all set up and I had this bug once or twice but now that I started up Honest Hearts I can't fast travel anywhere without it crashing. Any suggestions or does anyone see a conflict between mods right off the bat that would cause this?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Man, this is me now. I took out PCB first thing once I started crashing on loading, but I still crash maybe 1/10 loading screens. Kind of awful since I am getting back in the Fallout mood for OWB. I Was fine for forever, and suddenly I'm having issues again despite not adding any new mods.

I will comment that Nevada Skies makes my game actually crash in game constantly at regular locations too, like outside the NCR prison. It's pretty, but not that pretty.

Chinaman7000 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 5, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I downloaded NV and I have HH DLC. I got the FOMM and the nevada skies mod. Where do I put the mod file though?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

So I downloaded NV and I have HH DLC. I got the FOMM and the nevada skies mod. Where do I put the mod file though?

Install them by extracting the contents (usually a .rar or .7zip) and dropping the extracted contents into your steam / steamapps / common / fallout new vegas / data folder. An .esp or .esm (or both) should appear in your load order the next time you start up FOMM. Check the box next to the plugin and you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Install them by extracting the contents (usually a .rar or .7zip) and dropping the extracted contents into your steam / steamapps / common / fallout new vegas / data folder. An .esp or .esm (or both) should appear in your load order the next time you start up FOMM. Check the box next to the plugin and you're good to go.

Well, I put the .esp in the data folder, but FOMM isn't showing it.

edit: I think I might have installed FOMM in the wrong place.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 5, 2011