Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Zwabu posted:

Looking for which movie featured a scene where some garbagemen were putting garbage bags into the maw of the trash compactor in back of their truck and shouting "chew your food before you eat!" at the garbage truck before compacting the trash, and laughing maniacally as if this were the funniest joke in the world.

They might have been banging on the sides of the truck, also.

I have a feeling that's from The Burbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Zwabu posted:

Looking for which movie featured a scene where some garbagemen were putting garbage bags into the maw of the trash compactor in back of their truck and shouting "chew your food before you eat!" at the garbage truck before compacting the trash, and laughing maniacally as if this were the funniest joke in the world.

They might have been banging on the sides of the truck, also.

Sounds like the very end of Creepshow.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Topper Harley posted:

Sounds like the very end of Creepshow.

Just checked it out on Netflix streaming and you're right! For some reason I thought it might be the movie with Charlie Sheen and his brother where they play sanitation workers.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!
Alright, so me and the newly minted wife were on our honeymoon. In Rome, we caught the last twenty or so minutes of what appeared to be a French film. I say "appeared" because there was little to no dialogue in the parts we saw, but it was on a French satellite channel. What I can tell you is that it featured a very tall man (he almost looked like he had mild gigantism), his wife, and their small boy. They had a tumultuous relationship, and something tragic happens to the boy (perhaps a drowning?), and the giant man is very sad. The end.

Any ideas?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

A few months ago I saw ads on youtube for their VOD service. They were showing the trailer to this real low budget festival-darling indie, that was about a teenaged girl who finds a stranger on a beach. Her mom's all "get him out of the house or we're leaving." Lots of handheld. Looked like it was the East Coast, maybe the Jersey Shore?

Does anybody know what this was?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

McStephenson posted:

This one has been bothering me for years.

It was a Cartoon Network Movie in the late nineties (not FOR that, but used in that slot) that had a pretty dark setting/plot. It kind of seemed to be like a Terry Gilliam-ish movie, at least to my young mind.

The artistic direction was reminiscent of Eric Carle (the Very Hungry Caterpillar), and I seem to remember something in the title about a lion. A courageous lion?

Please help!

You're making me feel old, because I first saw this on HBO around 1984 and instantly became one of my childhood favorites, but you're thinking of Twice Upon A Time, and the courageous lion you're thinking of is Ralph, the all-purpose animal. Here's a music video with the main song interspersed with scenes from the movie that will get your old memory going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrUqzxaKqyY

This is really one of those movies that should get a proper Blu-ray release by now since it's been out-of-print for years. My old 1989 VHS copy has seen better days...

Titan Coeus
Jul 30, 2007

check out my horn
I can't think of this movie: one very small side plot involved a bunch of people taking random drugs (I don't think they picked they were taking, it was random somehow I believe) and being generally hosed up. I believe it was set on a college campus, and I think all of the people taking the drugs were in a fraternity.

Edit: I believe it was a comedy of some type, can't believe I forgot to mention that originally.

Titan Coeus fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 5, 2011

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

TheBoogeyMan posted:

I can't think of this movie: one very small side plot involved a bunch of people taking random drugs (I don't think they picked they were taking, it was random somehow I believe) and being generally hosed up. I believe it was set on a college campus, and I think all of the people taking the drugs were in a fraternity.

This could be so many things. The Rules of Attraction, maybe. Or Less Than Zero.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm trying to recall a horror movie I saw at least 15 years ago. All I recall is that it was a slasher movie with the killer being a creature that resembled Cousin It from The Adams Family. The only scene I can remember is this hair mop monster pushing someone either through a window or down a flight of stairs. I would love to see this again, as I'm sure it's an absolute masterpiece.

Tommy Callahan
Sep 17, 2008

OH MY GOD! WE'RE BURNING ALIVE!
A long time ago, probably early 90's, I remember seeing some movie, I'm pretty sure it was a kids movie. All I remember is that there were stuffed animals that would come to life, and in the basement there was a monster in the furnace, or the furnace was actually a monster. I'm pretty sure it was live-action.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

caiman posted:

I'm trying to recall a horror movie I saw at least 15 years ago. All I recall is that it was a slasher movie with the killer being a creature that resembled Cousin It from The Adams Family. The only scene I can remember is this hair mop monster pushing someone either through a window or down a flight of stairs. I would love to see this again, as I'm sure it's an absolute masterpiece.

Could it have been one of the Critters movies? There were like, four of them. You didn't mention a large, tooth-filled mouth but the Cousin It look is pretty much there.
Trailer for the first one;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyh1glTNuh0

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Tommy Callahan posted:

A long time ago, probably early 90's, I remember seeing some movie, I'm pretty sure it was a kids movie. All I remember is that there were stuffed animals that would come to life, and in the basement there was a monster in the furnace, or the furnace was actually a monster. I'm pretty sure it was live-action.

The furnace is portrayed as a monster in the first Home Alone movie. No stuffed animals, though.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Tommy Callahan posted:

You might be thinking of two christmas-themed actually. Stuffed animals coming to life sounds like The Christmas Toy and the evil furnace monster is almost certainly Home Alone.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Barometer posted:

Could it have been one of the Critters movies? There were like, four of them. You didn't mention a large, tooth-filled mouth but the Cousin It look is pretty much there.
Trailer for the first one;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyh1glTNuh0

I've seen all the Critter movies, so I don't think that's what I'm thinking of. This creature was much taller, and I don't think you could see a face of any sort.

Tommy Callahan
Sep 17, 2008

OH MY GOD! WE'RE BURNING ALIVE!
It wasn't either of those, sorry guys. I love Home Alone and have never seen that Christmas Toy movie. Oddly enough, I can remember that after the movie ended, that lovely Stephen King TV movie "The TommyKnockers" came on. So I guess that means the movie Im thinking of could have been a made for TV movie.

Herr R.
Apr 26, 2008

Tommy Callahan posted:

Sounds a bit like the early Roland Emmerich vehicle Joey/Making Contact. A boy loses his father but is able to comunicate with him through a red toy telephone. He gets magic powers and his toys come alive. Then he finds a creepy possed vetriloquist's doll, strange things happen and in the end the doll gets burned in an underground maze.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

All I remember is kids street luging on skateboards in a parking garage. Late 80's maybe. That scene is burned in my memory and I have no idea where it is from.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

York_M_Chan posted:

All I remember is kids street luging on skateboards in a parking garage. Late 80's maybe. That scene is burned in my memory and I have no idea where it is from.

Possibly Gleaming the Cube with Christian Slater?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

caiman posted:

Would it be Cherry Falls? In that one the Killer hid his face under his hair and does look a little like Cousin It.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeFyhGG19jo

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

York_M_Chan posted:

Also possibly Airborne: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106233/

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
There's a fairly recent revenge movie about an ordinary guy who wants to get revenge on someone who hurt (killed?) his family. I just remember that someone brought up the poster which was a guy in overalls walking towards the camera carrying something. People were saying it got a bit crazy/unrealistic towards the end.

It's not Harry Brown or that one with Kevin Bacon.

Arggh, wish I could remember!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

frozenpeas posted:

There's a fairly recent revenge movie about an ordinary guy who wants to get revenge on someone who hurt (killed?) his family. I just remember that someone brought up the poster which was a guy in overalls walking towards the camera carrying something. People were saying it got a bit crazy/unrealistic towards the end.

It's not Harry Brown or that one with Kevin Bacon.

Walking Tall? That's got The Rock carrying a 2 by 4.

York_M_Chan posted:

Thrashin? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092085/

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

codyclarke posted:

Walking Tall? That's got The Rock carrying a 2 by 4.

Thrashin? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092085/

No, more recent than that. And nobody super famous is in it. I think it's a single word title.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

frozenpeas posted:

Sounds like The Horseman.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

frozenpeas posted:

No, more recent than that. And nobody super famous is in it. I think it's a single word title.

Not a one word title but Dead Man's Shoes maybe?

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Sounds like The Horseman.

Ah that's it! Thanks so much!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
A few years ago I saw this documentary on tv, it might have been IFC, about a bunch of old southern bluesmen. One of the guys they talked about had a mangled hand so he played in an open tuning using a butterknife as a slide. And for a few other people they talked about various tragedies that would happen to these guys way back when. The movie takes an odd sort of turn when eventually the director somehow got involved with Iggy Pop, who asked if he could be involved in the film. So they incorporated him into it, even going so far as having him perform with some old blues musicians who'd never heard of him. I looked up Iggy Pop on imdb as he was the only person whose name I could recall in relation to the film and it yielded nothing. I really want to know what the name of the movie is because I've been dying to see it again. this has been driving me crazy for three or four years.

Blue Pony
May 12, 2007

Its not a pony, its a MAGIC pony.
I have a few more I just recalled...

One is something I know I saw on either Nick Jr. as a child or the Disney Chanel. I am almost 100% positive it is a sequel to the movie, "Dot and the Kangaroo". It is half live action, half animation. What I remember most is a scene where a cartoon girl goes into the inside of a live action ant next, running around in the darkness with live action ants. The other part is where she is put into an live action wasp's nest by a wasp mother who then begins to seal her inside a nest with her eggs.

The second movie is another random, was on Disney Chanel before the Disney Chanel made it's own shows type of deal. It was a an animated move that starts with a ship delivering a giant gear somewhere far away where children are enslaved in a giant factory. A kid is stowing away in the giant gear to escape/enter the place and a flying bird with a human face but Garfield eyes talks to the kid, boat sinks, kid washes up on an island where a father and daughter live, drink a magic potion from a volcano or something, and have a butler they made from vegetables who grows giant at the end.

Have any idea?

*Edit* Also an animated movie about a caterpillar who has bossy sisters who goes on an adventure and finds a magic book that teaches her how to knit a cocoon and become the first ever butterfly or something. I do remember it had an odd sequel where her and her kids fight martians.

Blue Pony fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 7, 2011

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Blue Pony posted:

One is something I know I saw on either Nick Jr. as a child or the Disney Chanel. I am almost 100% positive it is a sequel to the movie, "Dot and the Kangaroo". It is half live action, half animation. What I remember most is a scene where a cartoon girl goes into the inside of a live action ant next, running around in the darkness with live action ants. The other part is where she is put into an live action wasp's nest by a wasp mother who then begins to seal her inside a nest with her eggs.

Dot and Keeto.

God I loved those movies as a kid. I don't want to watch them now as an adult for fear of my nostalgia shattering.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

CPL593H posted:

A few years ago I saw this documentary on tv, it might have been IFC, about a bunch of old southern bluesmen. One of the guys they talked about had a mangled hand so he played in an open tuning using a butterknife as a slide. And for a few other people they talked about various tragedies that would happen to these guys way back when. The movie takes an odd sort of turn when eventually the director somehow got involved with Iggy Pop, who asked if he could be involved in the film. So they incorporated him into it, even going so far as having him perform with some old blues musicians who'd never heard of him. I looked up Iggy Pop on imdb as he was the only person whose name I could recall in relation to the film and it yielded nothing. I really want to know what the name of the movie is because I've been dying to see it again. this has been driving me crazy for three or four years.

I think this is You See Me Laughin'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363223/

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Jaweeeblop posted:

I think this is You See Me Laughin'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363223/

I'm not sure if this is the one, but it sounds like it. In any case I'll be checking it out. Thanks.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Popcorn posted:

Posting this from the GBS "help us remember the plot of this movie" thread, where I never got an answer:

I'm afraid I can only remember one scene, but I think it's from a fairly popular movie (some sort of Wes Anderson-style comedy?) from the last ten years. A kid is trying to save his parents' marriage, and then has some kind of injury. While he's being wheeled into the emergency room, one of his parents tells him "I have good news! We're getting a divorce!"

I want to think it's The Squid and the Whale or something like that, but google tells me it isn't.

Trying this one last time before I resign myself to never seeing this movie again.

elbow
Jun 7, 2006

Popcorn, I know the movie you're talking about but I can't find it either. Had a look on IMDB for keywords divorce - comedy - movie but couldn't find anything. I think it's the dad saying it, and the point of view is from the kid lying on the stretcher.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Yes, that's exactly it. Oh God, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Popcorn posted:

Did someone already guess The Royal Tenenbaums?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

It's not The Royal Tenenbaums.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Popcorn posted:

I've seen this scene too, but can't place it. I want to say it's from a TV show, the pilot episode of Undeclared comes to mind for some reason, but it's been a while since I've seen that. How old would you say the kid was?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I saw a scene from a movie on a classic movie channel a while back, most likely TCM while I was in a coffee shop.

It had three people standing in different positions looking in different directions but still talking to one another (as far as I could tell, since it was muted). This scene with the three characters went on for a long time in movie terms, and the people didn't really ever move or look at one another.

The blocking was very interesting for a movie, so I was wondering what it was. It gave me a sense of uneasyness, betrayal, and a failed attempt at reconciliation without ever hearing any of the dialogue.

AstroLabia
Dec 6, 2008
I remember watching this sometime between 1997-2000 on basic cable/antenna in my tree house (yes my tree house had a tv).

Genre: Horror / slasher. Looked like it was made in the 90s?, kinda cheap (maybe direct to video?); Was violent and scary to my 10 year old brain but was actually probably pretty cheesy.

Plot points: I remember it taking place in a haunted or booby-trapped mansion of some kind. All these people are there to attend a party (?), I think a costume party. One woman is dressed like Cleopatra and ends up dying by being trapped in a loom, and the threads start going through her skin. Another person is killed by a clock where every time the clock strikes the hour a guillotine blade or axe comes down inside the clock (someone gets their head stuck in there and dies). There may have also been a time limit until the doors to the house could open so they had to spend 12 hours in there and live (but now it sounds like I'm describing House on Haunted Hill so maybe I misremembered that part).

This thread is drat impressive by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Superrodan posted:

I saw a scene from a movie on a classic movie channel a while back, most likely TCM while I was in a coffee shop.

It had three people standing in different positions looking in different directions but still talking to one another (as far as I could tell, since it was muted). This scene with the three characters went on for a long time in movie terms, and the people didn't really ever move or look at one another.

The blocking was very interesting for a movie, so I was wondering what it was. It gave me a sense of uneasyness, betrayal, and a failed attempt at reconciliation without ever hearing any of the dialogue.
Was it black and white? What were they wearing? What kind of room was it?