Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

FogHelmut posted:

I would push them to give you the interest they earned while holding your money.

I'll tell them I'll settle for throwing Jay Thomas off the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Oh man, just rediscovered one of my faaaaaaaaaavorites....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCuKMbeb3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj7q4XXqlXA

"Hey Richard, this is yer daaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...we caught another snappin' turtle...."

"Snappy n' crappy........."

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
The ETM collections are the gift that keeps on giving. It helps that every good ETM clip features Artie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Millstone posted:

The ETM collections are the gift that keeps on giving. It helps that every good ETM clip features Artie.

0.0 is the best thing to come out of the Sirius years behind Sal's apology tape.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Joe Don Baker posted:

0.0 is the best thing to come out of the Sirius years behind Sal's apology tape.

Seriously. I could listen to any Eric bit with Artie all day long. I'm currently listening to the Kendra saga, and goddamn is it funny. Artie's laugh is so infectious. Listening to these, and then listening to the show today is like night and day. A real shame.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Transmodiar posted:

http://scriptcover.com/

My hosting, go nuts.

This is awesome, thanks. Guess who has two thumbs and has skin cancer? THIS GUY (girl). It is right under my eye (I don't do anything halfway) and so, my left eye is going to be sewn shut for a few days after my surgery Thursday (no big deal, right?!). Thus, I won't be able to read or watch TV. I am going to download everything I can from here and listen while I weep silently from my good eye.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm listening to the Gary Puppet Gets Stolen clip and poor Gary :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I love listening to Gary saying Baba Booey the very first time. Listening to him walk into that trap when you know what is coming for the next 25 years or so...awesome.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Transmodiar posted:

http://scriptcover.com/

My hosting, go nuts.

Did anyone ever archive the ETM stuff from 2009-2010? I know the best bits were the earlier ones, I'd just like to hear more without having to wade through entire shows.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kelly posted:

This is awesome, thanks. Guess who has two thumbs and has skin cancer? THIS GUY (girl). It is right under my eye (I don't do anything halfway) and so, my left eye is going to be sewn shut for a few days after my surgery Thursday (no big deal, right?!). Thus, I won't be able to read or watch TV. I am going to download everything I can from here and listen while I weep silently from my good eye.

Holy poo poo I hope it turns out ok.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

My favorite thing ever from the Sirius years is FOUR HUNDRED MILLION GRAAAAAAND.

Holy poo poo them just doing that all loving day was the greatest thing. I like it when they goof on one particular topic off and on throughout most of the day, like real friends do :unsmith:

Kelly posted:

Fuuuuuuck. Prescribe this woman some best-of packs, stat!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ha yeah. I need some good stuff to listen to.

Fun fact: when dermatologists call to give you biopsy results, it's often not a clinical person reading them to you. They mistakenly told me I had stage three skin cancer (I do not - it's stage 1). Needless to say until I was able to talk to the oncologist I was out of my head.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Seriously. I could listen to any Eric bit with Artie all day long. I'm currently listening to the Kendra saga, and goddamn is it funny. Artie's laugh is so infectious. Listening to these, and then listening to the show today is like night and day. A real shame.

I like how its 3 1/2 years later and "Kendra" is still 24 years old on her site.

edit:

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 6, 2011

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

I love when Artie cuts off Eric's plugs. "Oh and Eric, go gently caress yourself."

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
The best part about Artie vs ETM was when ETM would say his opening line and Artie would reply, "Thanks, bye shithead"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

I love when Artie cuts off Eric's plugs. "Oh and Eric, go gently caress yourself."

Yes Eric?

I....want-ted to...talk about

HEY THANKS FOR CALLIN, MAN, WE'LL SEE YA

about...Am-eric-an Idol...

ALRIGHT BUDDY, TAKE CARE, BYE

thi-is wee-k, and also John-ny

HEY THANKS MAN, TALK TO YOU LATER

Frat-to wanted to get on the air about the bunny

WELP ERIC WE'LL SEE YA

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Howard never really unleashed Artie on ETM either. Whenever Artie would get Eric worked up with the constant interruptions, Howard would stop him to let Eric get his plug in or whatever.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

The guy that stole the puppet was even goofing on him :laugh:

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

The follow up prank Gary pulls on John is also great. Oh and the stock prank John does to Gary is another good one.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
While we're at it, here's a link to the channel 9 show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pVT7YC0Qlw

also holy poo poo Gary's teeth were HORRIBLE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pVT7YC0Qlw&t=1m36s

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

How did Richard Christy get his job? I know Sal got in being "Sal the Stockbroker" and busting Gary's balls, but what's Richard's history? (He's my faaaaaavorite.)

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Sasquatch! posted:

How did Richard Christy get his job? I know Sal got in being "Sal the Stockbroker" and busting Gary's balls, but what's Richard's history? (He's my faaaaaavorite.)

Richard won the Get John's Job contest. Sal came in second but was hired later anyway due to the show being flush with extra cash after Jackie left. The Get John's Job saga is definitely worth listening to if you can find it. It went on for months and had some good moments. Funny to listen to now to see who eventually got hired and who is now persona non grata.

Here's some of Richard from the contest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMG97Gfxb18

Two Kings fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 6, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sasquatch! posted:

When Stuttering John left they held a contest called 'Get John's Job' and along with a number of others (Yucko was one of them) he received 30% of the vote and Sal had 24%.

They were both hired.

Two Kings is way better at things.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Before that Richard was known for sending in all the bits and songs about gay KC.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
What's on this week/next week? Is it HoHS?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It's the History of Howard Stern Act IV replay this week.

rebel rebel

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Two Kings posted:

Richard won the Get John's Job contest. Sal came in second but was hired later anyway due to the show being flush with extra cash after Jackie left. The Get John's Job saga is definitely worth listening to if you can find it. It went on for months and had some good moments. Funny to listen to now to see who eventually got hired and who is now persona non grata.

Here's some of Richard from the contest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMG97Gfxb18

It's KC's sausage party, he'll kiss a guy if he wants to!
kiss a guy if wants to! kiss a guy if wants to!
you'd kiss a guy if you loved maaaan gooooooo!!

God I love Richard's KC songs

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Former Human posted:

Before that Richard was known for sending in all the bits and songs about gay KC.

I don't care how not PC it is, but the "head fag at the Playgirl mansion" call kills me every time. I can't hear "Girls Girls Girls" without hearing the line "At the Ramrod in Fort Lauderdale!" in my head.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Good grief, that sucks. Get better soon. :smith:

And don't laugh too hard at the Artie/Midget stuff. That stuff is infectious.

GenoCanSing posted:

I like how its 3 1/2 years later and "Kendra" is still 24 years old on her site.

edit:

Jesus Christ, is that recent? I thought the Midget had gone underground.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Joe Don Baker posted:

For me it goes
High Pitch Mike goes to gay day at Disneyland (the only problem is the middle when Howard almost murders the bit by bringing in JD to read Oceans 11 with Mike, luckily it recovers- Also this one is all Artie, my favorite are when it goes
Artie: How old are you?
HPM: 29
Artie: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA wheeez oh my god)
Sal's apology
Sour Shoes pranking Steve Langford for 2 years (I would pay 100 bucks for an .mp3 of the unedited 2 hours of tape Richard has without even thinking twice, and honestly probably even more than that)

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 6, 2011

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I always thought Richard getting waxed was a great bit.

Also the after party of the Artie Roast is fun to listen to because everything was out of control.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Ribsauce posted:

For me it goes
High Pitch Mike goes to gay day at Disneyland (the only problem is the middle when Howard almost murders the bit by bringing in JD to read Oceans 11 with Mike, luckily it recovers- Also this one is all Artie, my favorite are when it goes
Artie: How old are you?
HPM: 29
Artie: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA wheeez oh my god)
Sal's apology
Sour Shoes pranking Steve Langford for 2 years (I would pay 100 bucks for an .mp3 of the unedited 2 hours of tape Richard has without even thinking twice, and honestly probably even more than that)

I have heard bits and pieces from these bits and I can't wait until I hear them on the actual show. I am going through the first year of Howard on Sirius radio. I am only at the week before the first film festival and the Crystal Clear interview is coming up in the next few days I can't wait to hear that.

So far my favorite had been Richard getting waxed and the Daniel Carver roast. The Daniel Carver roast is amazing just for the cringe factor alone.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Howard is posting more Beth pics on Twitter.

http://twitpic.com/5ltpts

It took only 2 comments before a horse joke was made.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

kazmeyer posted:

Did anyone ever archive the ETM stuff from 2009-2010? I know the best bits were the earlier ones, I'd just like to hear more without having to wade through entire shows.
I think someone archived them on YouTube, but I stopped listening in 2009 and certainly didn't give enough of a poo poo to comb through the episodes for ETM bits in the same way as the other compilations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Howard is posting more Beth pics on Twitter.

http://twitpic.com/5ltpts

It took only 2 comments before a horse joke was made.

Ha...

quote:

She's trying to figure out how XM subscribers can be counted as yours when they can't hear the show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

quote:

With my big manish flipper feet I can swim like a dolphin.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I don't know if this is meant as a dig at this week's content, but that's what I thought at least:

quote:

This almost makes up for you not making me laugh this week. Great picture, love ya man!

Good technique. Burn followed by a brown nose.

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

Just listening to High Pitch Mike goes to Disney. Wow. So incredibly funny. I miss Artie so much.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
Artie's co-hosting Fox Sports Radio tonight with Nick Di Paolo. This would be his first media appearance since the suicide attempt, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
Howard101 currently has two feeds playing simultaneously.