Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well, I put the .esp in the data folder, but FOMM isn't showing it.

Have you set up FOMM correctly? The newest versions are compatible with both FO3 and New Vegas. Maybe you're telling it to look for Fallout 3 files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Have you set up FOMM correctly? The newest versions are compatible with both FO3 and New Vegas. Maybe you're telling it to look for Fallout 3 files?

Hmm, I might not have. I installed it in the fallout 3 data folder.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
There isn't a mod that adds text descriptions to the items like in Fallout 3, is there? It just ain't Fallout without a warning that my 12 gauge buckshot isn't for children under 3.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm getting back into FNV after my last computer died. I went back and redownloaded all my old mods, and went to work on a new character, and everything was going swimmingly. That was yesterday morning. Last night I was going to play some more, and FNV never got past the loading screen. The roulette wheel would spin and spin, and the screens would cycle like normal, but it never loaded. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut it down too (Alt+F4 didn't work). This morning I tried it again, and I had the same thing happen.

So I went through my modlist and enabled them one by one to see what was causing all the problems. Turns out it was Beauty Pack PLUS -Project Mikoto. Which is weird because it ran just fine yesterday morning. So my question is this, does Project Mikoto have a known issue with other mods or something? Also, if it's just spazzing out for no reason, are there any other beauty mods (I mostly just want hairstyles) that are worth a drat? Mikoto was a little too anime for me to begin with, but it was the best I could find when I was last playing.

Edit: These are the mods I'm currently using:

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Walker posted:

There isn't a mod that adds text descriptions to the items like in Fallout 3, is there? It just ain't Fallout without a warning that my 12 gauge buckshot isn't for children under 3.

I bet they're waiting for all the DLC to come out before they put that in.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I bet they're waiting for all the DLC to come out before they put that in.

Who?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Who?

That guy. Over there. You know the one.

He doesn't like it when we talk about him behind his back... :ohdear:

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Someone.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Soysaucebeast posted:

The roulette wheel would spin and spin, and the screens would cycle like normal, but it never loaded. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut it down too (Alt+F4 didn't work). This morning I tried it again, and I had the same thing happen.

In my experience, sometimes this Just Happens. If the computer isn't making faint noises and the wheel moves perfectly smooth for a couple of minutes with no jittering due to loading assets, I assume something went wrong and try again.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Daionus the 23rd posted:

Someone.

Me. I've started making one. Just wanted to make sure no one else had beat me to it and made mine redundant.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Well, I've got a pretty big problem on my hands. I go to start a new game and sometimes I'll be able to get through appearance customization, other times just up to name creation, but in any case, my game will crash to a black screen and I'll be forced to reboot my computer. FNVEdit finds no errors, I've tried a full re-install and the 4GB enabler but nothing seems to fix it.

Obligatory load list:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Lings.esm
The.Armory.esm
Cass.esm
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
FalloutNVQuickMessages.esp
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two Perks Per Level.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
Sci-Fi_Suits.esp
Ambient Temperature - URWLified Nevada Skies.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
CASM.esp
Readius_NV.esp
Veronica.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
WME - Arenovalis.esp
No Tutorial.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
MoonShadowRace.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
AAS_DeadMoney.esp
AAS_HonestHearts.esp
AAS_PNxE.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp

Total active plugins: 44

EDIT: Okay, I just tried using nothing but the fallout esm and the two dlc and the problem was still there. Any suggestions?

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 6, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Re-installed the game (mostly) and the mods, and while it's running good now, I sometimes see a pink loading card for some reason.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

Me. I've started making one. Just wanted to make sure no one else had beat me to it and made mine redundant.

I'd like to see something like this happen, actually--especially if a lot of the descriptions were pulled inspiration from FO1, FO2, and Tactics.

Rirse posted:

Re-installed the game (mostly) and the mods, and while it's running good now, I sometimes see a pink loading card for some reason.

Have you happened to install and then uninstall Electro-city at some point?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd like to see something like this happen, actually--especially if a lot of the descriptions were pulled inspiration from FO1, FO2, and Tactics.

That's the idea, if I can find a good list of all those descriptions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Have you happened to install and then uninstall Electro-city at some point?

Yes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Yes.

It's probably that, then. Electro-city installs a handful of loading slides that may go tits up when you manually uninstall the mod.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Chronojam posted:

In my experience, sometimes this Just Happens. If the computer isn't making faint noises and the wheel moves perfectly smooth for a couple of minutes with no jittering due to loading assets, I assume something went wrong and try again.

So should I just try over and over and over again until it loads? That doesn't seem right.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've got to learn how to make mods, so that I can make myself all the outfits I wish were in the game but aren't or could be made by more experienced modders if they weren't busy making bikinis and stuff from animes that don't involve desert wastelands.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Captain McStabbin posted:

Does anyone have a copy of that new vegas battle suit mod? I decided to do a full reinstall, and it seems to have been taken off the nexus.

It's weird, the page says that it's "under review by a moderator". Does anyone know why?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's probably that, then. Electro-city installs a handful of loading slides that may go tits up when you manually uninstall the mod.

I erased everything from the data folder and even grabbed the zip Electro City, but I see nothing from the mod that still exist.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Does PN or FOOK change the way karma is calculated? I just noticed my karma is as evil as possible and, save for stealing everything not nailed down, I've been pretty straight arrow. Explains why Cass goes off on me when I try to talk to her.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Does PN or FOOK change the way karma is calculated? I just noticed my karma is as evil as possible and, save for stealing everything not nailed down, I've been pretty straight arrow. Explains why Cass goes off on me when I try to talk to her.

I believe FOOK removes the karma reward for killing ghouls/fiends/etc, which are probably the only things keeping my guy a Savior of the Wasteland rather than some blackhearted bastard.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So as of recently I've had this weird issue where I can't rest/wait because I'm apparently taking health damage, which I'm not. It started happened precisely after I received Power Armor training from Elder McNamara. The last mod I added was the XFO stuff back before I even started the BoS quests.

My load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Traits.esm
iHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
CASM.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Lore version.esp
Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp
XFO - 1bf - Dmg - Skill-Var - 3x.esp
XFO - 2ab - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - med.esp
XFO - 2dc - Bleedthrough - 0% (Full DT).esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5eb - Skills - Barter - Hard.esp
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp
XFO - 6be - Pacing - Vanilla (JUST No Cap).esp
XFO - 7a - UnMSG - Empty.esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8b - Speed Increases.esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
XFO - 10b - Hardcore - Food&Drink (no healing).esp
XFO - 10c - Hardcore - Severe Penalties.esp
Existence2.0.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
Pipboy2500.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
bzArmour.esp
Roberts_NewVegas.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Nevada Skies.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
CustomLighting II.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
Improved Ballistics Effects V2.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
toaster_repair.esp
Classic FO SM_v1.2.esp
HomeWeaponsPack.esp

Total active plugins: 75
Total plugins: 77

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ace Oliveira posted:

It's weird, the page says that it's "under review by a moderator". Does anyone know why?

Files on the Nexus frequently get set to hidden or locked out for moderator review. Sometimes this process can take days or even weeks. Nexus takes its attachable dongs very seriously, you see.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Karma is effectively hosed by default because your "Karmic Standing" is measured on a scale of -1000 to 1000. Every time you kill an "evil" NPC like a Fiend or a Feral Ghoul, you get +100 "Good Karma" points. Every time you break into a house, murder its owner, and steal everything that isn't nailed down, you lose considerably less Karma.

Upmarket Mango posted:

So as of recently I've had this weird issue where I can't rest/wait because I'm apparently taking health damage, which I'm not. It started happened precisely after I received Power Armor training from Elder McNamara. The last mod I added was the XFO stuff back before I even started the BoS quests.

A possible issue with Nevada Skies? I know that there were some issues with taking persistent damage from sandstorms / rain.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Has anyone else tried the NV Game Stabilizer? If so, have you gotten it to work? I tried using it, but whenever I have it active, the game loads to the main screen with music, but the menu never appears, so obviously I can't play.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Files on the Nexus frequently get set to hidden or locked out for moderator review. Sometimes this process can take days or even weeks. Nexus takes its attachable dongs very seriously, you see.

Karma is effectively hosed by default because your "Karmic Standing" is measured on a scale of -1000 to 1000. Every time you kill an "evil" NPC like a Fiend or a Feral Ghoul, you get +100 "Good Karma" points. Every time you break into a house, murder its owner, and steal everything that isn't nailed down, you lose considerably less Karma.

A possible issue with Nevada Skies? I know that there were some issues with taking persistent damage from sandstorms / rain.

Might be. I did solve it though. One of the XFO modules was causing the issue, I don't know which one exactly as I disabled a number of them at once that I didn't really care for anyways and turns out it was one of them.

But drat, the full DT/0% bleedthrough is awesome. I can just wade into a group of enemies and laugh as their small arms fire harmlessly bounce off my Power Armor.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ShiningForceHero posted:

Has anyone else tried the NV Game Stabilizer? If so, have you gotten it to work? I tried using it, but whenever I have it active, the game loads to the main screen with music, but the menu never appears, so obviously I can't play.

But you have to admit, the game is certainly more stable :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

ShiningForceHero posted:

The description seems to indicate it is meant to be used with hard copies of the game, not digitally distributed versions. That's just a shot in the dark, however.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So does anyone know how to edit the loading cards? Because I removed all traces of Electro City, and I still have pink cards appear every once in a while (which are the ones they added).

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The description seems to indicate it is meant to be used with hard copies of the game, not digitally distributed versions. That's just a shot in the dark, however.

... except that disc copies register on Steam :confused:

What scares me off from that mod is that the description is a hopeless mess and reading it hurts my head.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 6, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Alright, got Nevada Skies to install correctly. But when I play, the game pauses for 1-3 seconds pretty frequently. Anyone know if this is cause by NS or something else?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Alright, got Nevada Skies to install correctly. But when I play, the game pauses for 1-3 seconds pretty frequently. Anyone know if this is cause by NS or something else?

Disable the mod, see if it gets better?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

... except that disc copies register on Steam :confused:

What scares me off from that mod is that the description is a hopeless mess and reading it hurts my head.

I think the author is saying that there is a difference between copies that are installed off of disc and then verified on Steam, and copies that are downloaded digitally and verified in one step.

I really don't understand a lot of the mod's description, to be honest.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think the author is saying that there is a difference between copies that are installed off of disc and then verified on Steam, and copies that are downloaded digitally and verified in one step.

I really don't understand a lot of the mod's description, to be honest.

I've just been suffering from bad load times and random freezing recently, and was going to check this out to see if it helped. I tried using this mod without any other mods active and it STILL did the same thing with the main menu, so I'm just gonna let this one go. Hopefully the next patch resolves all these issues I've been having.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Soysaucebeast posted:

So should I just try over and over and over again until it loads? That doesn't seem right.

This might come across as a bitter pill, but yes. Give it a second or third try if it screwed up. I find it mostly happens after another non-clean exit for some reason, and it needs two tries generally to get it right.

If it doesn't work, load a known happy save and then once that's up, load your save of choice. Hopefully it's not a quicksave since those are retarded in their own ways.

By the way, we have IWR, Nevada Skies, and More Perks in common along with FalloutNV, HonestHearts, and DeadMoney. You could try removing the three former ones one at a time if you really can't load, otherwise we're both just happening across the same engine glitch.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Upmarket Mango posted:

...and laugh as their small arms fire harmlessly bounce off my Power Armor.

the best feeling :awesomelon:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So I was looking at FOMM and noticed that its archive invalidation function creates a .bsa called Fallout - AI! but edits the .ini to load a file called ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa. It doesn't seem to make the game crash, but would that still have the same invalidating effect?

Also, I fixed my earlier problem by running fallout in a window, not that anyone really seems to care. :(

EDIT: I changed the .ini to call for Fallout - AI!.bsa, and lo and behold, a texture that failed to work previously began to show up correctly. So watch out for that, I guess. V:shobon:V

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 6, 2011

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Captain McStabbin posted:

So I was looking at FOMM and noticed that its archive invalidation function creates a .bsa called Fallout - AI! but edits the .ini to load a file called ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa. It doesn't seem to make the game crash, but would that still have the same invalidating effect?

Also, I fixed my earlier problem by running fallout in a window, not that anyone really seems to care. :(

EDIT: I changed the .ini to call for Fallout - AI!.bsa, and lo and behold, a texture that failed to work previously began to show up correctly. So watch out for that, I guess. V:shobon:V

I cared....wiat, what were you talking about?

Anyways, thanks for that little tidbit about FOMM's lovely Archive Invalidation. I've been wondering why the hell it hasn't worked since EVER! Going to check it out once my computer stops shutting down and actually does something.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I just realized I'm having a problem with Ammo Boxes / Case Boxes / Primer Jars / any of those reloading material containers. Not the usual glitch, where the game decides to crash when you open too many, but rather, it flat-out WON'T open them. They just sit in my inventory and I can't access the sweet, sweet treats inside. Here's my mess of a load order.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
IWR.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Bobblehunt.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Readius_NV.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
house.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-Bobblehunt.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
ManualReload.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
mac10.esp
mossberg500.esp
RHINO45-70MX_NV.esp
QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
CRHDV3O2.esp
NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
Immersive Karma with NoStealingKarma.esp
NoMoreMIckRalphCrier.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
MiscItemIconsNV.esp
Sorter - Combined.esp
Sorter - Combined - Weighted.esp
Colored Piplight - Amber.esp
Piplight Brightness - 200%.esp
Bic Faster Pipboy Light 017.esp
FalloutNVQuickMessages.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
Improved Sound FX - WMX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

Total active plugins: 64
Total plugins: 66
If there's some way for me to hunt for the culprit aside from just unchecking each .esp until it works, I'm all ears, but I'll do that if I have to :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Soysaucebeast posted:

So I went through my modlist and enabled them one by one to see what was causing all the problems. Turns out it was Beauty Pack PLUS -Project Mikoto. Which is weird because it ran just fine yesterday morning. So my question is this, does Project Mikoto have a known issue with other mods or something?

I use this mod (along with about 40 more ESPs in total) with minimal issues. You need to download some utilities like BOSS and FNVedit in order to optimize your load orders and find conflicts as well as create merged mods. Generally only a poorly made mod will have inherent problems. The rest of the time problems come from conflicts within load orders.

From my experience, I guess having conflicts in FNVedit is normal when you have mods that affect different things. Is it normal to have some red entries as long as you also have conflict winners in other entries?