Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smutton
Jun 5, 2005
I'm having an issue with Snappy. Often, when I take a photo it ends up saving in the wrong orientation. So if I take a picture in landscape it displays in portrait and vice versa. This happens with most photos but not all (I think tilting the phone forward might cause it, but I'm not sure about that). It's pretty frustrating. It doesn't happen with the default Camera app, just Snappy. Anyone else having this issue / know how to solve it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Turns out my issue wasn't with BTstack, but the internal radio inside my Windows 7 tablet. I plugged in my USB Bluetooth radio, and it works perfectly now.

But man, the iPhone battery gets drained much faster now.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm running my iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 jailbroken, and I really should update it to 4.3, but unfortunately iTunes gives me a type 3194 error whenever I try to update the phone. Should I just restore and then re-jailbreak? No big thing, just a bit of a pain in the butt.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Or maybe people want to jailbreak for root and ssh access, which is reason enough for me to want to jailbreak an iPad.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

El Jackalope posted:

I'm running my iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 jailbroken, and I really should update it to 4.3, but unfortunately iTunes gives me a type 3194 error whenever I try to update the phone. Should I just restore and then re-jailbreak? No big thing, just a bit of a pain in the butt.

Do you mean 4.3.3? You won't be able to upgrade to 4.3 because apple isn't signing them anymore.

From what I've seen, clean install of the new firmware and then restore from your old backup will keep your stuff intact like clicking 'upgrade' in itunes. Not to mention that the upgrade might cause some glitch too especially if you are jailbroken.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DaNzA posted:

Do you mean 4.3.3? You won't be able to upgrade to 4.3 because apple isn't signing them anymore.

From what I've seen, clean install of the new firmware and then restore from your old backup will keep your stuff intact like clicking 'upgrade' in itunes. Not to mention that the upgrade might cause some glitch too especially if you are jailbroken.

Yeah, sorry, 4.3.3. I figured as much. Thanks, and off to get this fucker wiped.

Sethik
Oct 23, 2005
Is it possible to jailbreak a Verizon iphone to run on Sprint? I tried trowling some cellphone forums through Google, but all I've come across are insane sperg-fueled Droid vs iPhone flame wars.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sethik posted:

Is it possible to jailbreak a Verizon iphone to run on Sprint? I tried trowling some cellphone forums through Google, but all I've come across are insane sperg-fueled Droid vs iPhone flame wars.
Nope.

Over The Road
Jan 6, 2006
Le singe est sur la branche
Is there anything out there which will allow me to run an iPhone app in portrait whilst my iPad is in landscape?

Basically I want to be able to play game dev story whilst my iPad is in it's case on my desk.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Over The Road posted:

Is there anything out there which will allow me to run an iPhone app in portrait whilst my iPad is in landscape?

Basically I want to be able to play game dev story whilst my iPad is in it's case on my desk.

Isn't this a core iOS4 feature? Double tap home and swipe to the left? See the circle with the arrow?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

dutchbstrd posted:

Isn't this a core iOS4 feature? Double tap home and swipe to the left? See the circle with the arrow?

No, the iPhone window is always arranged in portrait mode on the iPad. The iPhone app may rotate to landscape in it's little window if the app is enabled for landscape but the main viewport for the iPhone app will always be arranged for portrait. An iPhone app that is meant to be used in portrait mode will be sideways if the iPad is put into landscape mode such as on a stand.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 6, 2011

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Jailbreakme is up! (and down, and up)

Diafthora
Sep 22, 2003

All I wanted to do was introduce him to Mr. Axe
So now that the iPad 2 jailbreak is finally out, I have a question. So I'm assuming that jailbreaking deletes everything on my iPad correct? Will I be able to restore all my apps and app data back after I do the jailbreak? I don't want to lose all my progress in my Tiny Tower :ohdear:

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Diafthora posted:

So now that the iPad 2 jailbreak is finally out, I have a question. So I'm assuming that jailbreaking deletes everything on my iPad correct? Will I be able to restore all my apps and app data back after I do the jailbreak? I don't want to lose all my progress in my Tiny Tower :ohdear:
I haven't tried the new one, but in general no. You backup and sync your device, jailbreak, and if needed sync your data back. All the data should still be there, but worst case you can always restore.

edit: click more info http://www.jailbreakme.com//#moreinfo

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
Unless you hosed up something badly, there really shouldnt be anything that the actual jailbreaking process will do besides adding an icon for cyida on the desktop.

Diafthora
Sep 22, 2003

I thought jailbreaking would wipe my entire device, but I guess it doesn't. That was the easiest jailbreak ever :)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Diafthora posted:

I thought jailbreaking would wipe my entire device, but I guess it doesn't. That was the easiest jailbreak ever :)
It sure was. Like 20 seconds or less. Takes longer to load all the package lists in cydia than to do the jailbreak and install cydia.

And Cydia is fast as poo poo now. Awesome.

edit: quoting myself for the list of apps ya'll might like. Not sure which ones work on ipad2 yet, but I'll start updating the compatibility list I made and shared (any goon can edit.) edit: Maybe everything that works with 4.3.3 will work on ipad/ipad2?

randyest posted:

Retina pad
DataDeposit (back up save games and app data to dropbox!)
MyWi OnDemand
ManualCorrect (spell check without autocorrect, or reversed autocorrect, or custom dictionary)
navigate from maps
StayOpened
IgotYa

randyest fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 6, 2011

swolf
Aug 25, 2004
i need instructions on how to rock
I've had my jailbroken iphone4 on ios 4.0 for this entire time, and just tonight I get the urge to finally update. Lo and behold jailbreakme.com is updated tonight as well! I figure go for it, so I updated the ios to 4.3.3 through itunes (which seemed to work fine, iphone came back up updated and jailbreak free) and hit up the website..but it doesn't seem to work. It starts installing Cydia again, the little icon pops up with a loading bar, but before it can finish it disappears. Anyone know what is up with that?

I would try redsn0w thing but the BT links on their website all seem really out of date. Am I retarded and is there an obvious place to pick up the latest version of that? because I can't seem to figure it out. I would like my jailbroken iphone back please :(

swolf fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 6, 2011

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Since the site just re-launched I'm sure it's getting hammered with requests/users right now. Just try again later.

swolf
Aug 25, 2004
i need instructions on how to rock

IllegallySober posted:

Since the site just re-launched I'm sure it's getting hammered with requests/users right now. Just try again later.

You are probably right, I am just being impatient. I'm still kinda curious about redsn0w though, seems strange that they don't have anything recent at all on their bittorrent links page, unless I'm missing something.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Last JBME was a swipe to jailbreak, this was a purchase in app store. I love comex's cheekiness :)

Echoing that this JB was stupidly easy. He's got a knack for making them polished. It didn't even need to reboot! None of this loving around in DFU mode, rebooting to get lovely blank screens, etc. - just a nice easy click and done. Pro jailbreak for sure.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
What's this unionfs thing? What's it do? Is it worth rejailbreaking my iPhone to get it or?

e: If I rejailbreak, should I start my phone as a new phone so that the old jailbreak doesn't effect it or not?

Ziir fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 6, 2011

Diafthora
Sep 22, 2003

Just a note to those who don't see this posted from the iphone dev team:

quote:

Q: Do the holes discovered by @comex put my device at risk?
A: Yes. We recommend installing “PDF Patcher 2” in Cydia once you’re jailbroken to eliminate this risk (any firmware version).

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/7295551750/jailbreakme-times-3

So I guess make sure you download this!

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
I can't wait to see the videos of kids jailbreaking all the devices in the apple store again.

Comex is really slick in how he presents everything, and I'm glad he released a patch with the jb.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Wow. Just wow. This was by far the easiest and most slick jailbreak so far... I am very impressed!

Quick question though - does DataDeposit work on the iPad 2? Can you transfer saves from an iPhone app to an iPad 2 "HD" application? (ie. they are technically different apps but I'm thinking that the save games might be compatible, etc)

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Nevermind. FIgured it out. Card changes.

burmart fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 6, 2011

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Wow. Comex consistently makes the easiest jailbreaks. I wish they all were like this.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
I have a few questions that I haven't seen answered anywhere (yet).

- How well does this work on the iPad 2 GSM model? As of yesterday, the "stolen" PDFs didn't work on the GSM or CDMA model. Now many sites still list "iPad 2", with no mention of GSM/CDMA.

- How different is this jailbreak compared to i0n1c's? i0n1c's broke iBooks DRM, and he said there would be no fix possible if you used his exploit (based on the way the hack itself worked). Is this a different exploit?

Does iBooks DRM work? Has anyone that used the new jailbreak tested iBooks to see if DRM works again?

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Xenomorph posted:

- How well does this work on the iPad 2 GSM model? As of yesterday, the "stolen" PDFs didn't work on the GSM or CDMA model. Now many sites still list "iPad 2", with no mention of GSM/CDMA.

The leaked PDFs weren't complete/finished/meant to be used. The ones officially released are.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I jailbroke with the leak a few days ago, can I just JB over that? I've noticed no issues but to be safe I want the latest and greatest, obviously.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Does the pdf exploit affect all ios devices or just iPad2? Do I need to patch my jailbroken iPad?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Does the pdf exploit affect all ios devices or just iPad2? Do I need to patch my jailbroken iPad?

The PDF exploit is on all iOS devices (except maybe Apple TV), at least 4.2.1, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, and 4.3.3.

So even an iPhone 3G running 4.2.1 should install the PDF exploit fixer (which is NOT showing up for me in Cydia yet).

Teh z0rceror
Dec 14, 2004

haha i just ran it on my ipad2 and it installed cydia. no reboot, nothing. Fantastic!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A tweet answered my own question, FYI.

If you used the early iPad 2 JB, restore (while 4.3.3 is still here!) and rejailbreak.

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenomorph posted:

I've got a CDMA iPad 2 and it worked without a hitch. I installed RetinaPad and everything works perfectly.

dorkimoe
Feb 16, 2007
The only reason I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 is because someone said there was a location spoofer so I could watch the blacked out MLB games. Is this true? :)

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

dorkimoe posted:

The only reason I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 is because someone said there was a location spoofer so I could watch the blacked out MLB games. Is this true? :)

You could also just set an HTTP proxy if you are using wifi.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

dorkimoe posted:

I figured that the filter used to determine your location would be by IP address.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Dumb question. When iOS 5 comes out, do I have to completely wite my iPad 2 or restore it to a previos iOS version, or can I just do a straight update and not have to put all the apps and stuff back on the ipad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I use Lockscreen on my iPhone 4. I turn the big Clock off (it takes up so much space on the lockscreen.)

Is there any way to have the time display in the status bar (like it does when the phone is unlocked) even when the phone is on the lockscreen?

(On the lockscreen it just shows a lock icon where the little status bar time usually is.)

• Locked thread