Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Morphix posted:

And honestly, if you aren't getting enough 'freedom' from motorcycling in jeans and a tshirt with a full-face on you're most likely after an image rather then enjoying the actual ride.

Hadn't thought of that...if they give up their helmets, how are they supposed to demonstrate their allegiance to the Kaiser, the Führer, and Jefferson Davis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Marv Hushman posted:

Hadn't thought of that...if they give up their helmets, how are they supposed to demonstrate their allegiance to the Kaiser, the Führer, and Jefferson Davis?
Lower back tattoos. T-Shirt backs tend to fly up in the wind once you get going about 40+ mph.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Nazi tramp stamps? Classy.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Cheers from Marv's British Bike Parts, where we're too daft to see the irony in advertising on the 4th of July, and where we still invoice on a 1940s Underwood typewriter.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Husqvarna reveals new naked/sumo thing: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/July/jul411-husqvarnas-nuda-900r-unveiled/

I think it looks fantastic, but at 385lbs dry, probably a bit too heavy for that style of bike IMO.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 5, 2011

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Did a 700 mile loop through the mountains today. This is what fuelly just told me after I punched in the numbers from my fillup in tellico plains, after an entire tank of revving the piss out of the bike through twisties.

I ain't complainin' :v:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Put in a buunch of miles this weekend. Highlights include some guy on a harley telling me I looked "like a woman with all the crap gear" I had on. Also a guy on a hayabusa with...a sound system in it, flicking me off when I waved to him.

God I had so much fun this weekend.

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat
It's interesting, since I changed from the SV650s to the Street Triple, Harley guys talk to me now. Weird.

Apparently anything that's not Japanese means you're one of the crew. Who knew? Now I just need some tassles. :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ChiTownEddie posted:

Put in a buunch of miles this weekend. Highlights include some guy on a harley telling me I looked "like a woman with all the crap gear" I had on. Also a guy on a hayabusa with...a sound system in it, flicking me off when I waved to him.

I wonder what people like that get out of riding. They're clearly not having much fun if they're that annoyed by everyone else out there.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

ChiTownEddie posted:

I don't get why so many guys on HD's are so drat insecure. There can be no other explanation for a guy telling you that. Of course I can now think of some great comebacks.

"I look like a woman to you? How many men have you slept with?"

"Jealous?"

"You look like Robert Halford, from Judas Priest! Was that the look you were going for?"

As for hayabusa boy. gently caress him. Maybe's he's just jealous. Wait, were you wearing this? Maybe those guys were right.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
hahaha. Not quite. I just figure its two dongs out of the approximately bajillion riders that were out this weekend. Made me laugh and they don't try and kill me, so it is all good.
I did unknowingly end up being red, white, and blue this weekend: Red helmet, red jacket, red backpack, blue and white Bonneville.

That said...I would ironically rock that hello kitty suit and love it.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

ChiTownEddie posted:

Put in a buunch of miles this weekend. Highlights include some guy on a harley telling me I looked "like a woman with all the crap gear" I had on.

I just don't get this. First, it's incredibly rude to approach a stranger for the sole reason of insulting him. Secondly, how manly is he trying to be, caring that much about appearance?

L'esprit d'escalier reply: "You SOUND like a woman caring too much about clothing".

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Ola posted:

I just don't get this. First, it's incredibly rude to approach a stranger for the sole reason of insulting him. Secondly, how manly is he trying to be, caring that much about appearance?

L'esprit d'escalier reply: "You SOUND like a woman caring too much about clothing".

Quit living in a magical place where people aren't jerks for no reason. It's skewing your worldview.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

clutchpuck posted:

It handled worse than your car or you handled it worse than your car? A parking lot really gives you a rounded objective impression of how it handles? I think more likely you are not used to a large machine.

I'm sure it was due to lack of experience with a boat-sized motorcycle. To be fair, I drive a Corolla, so that's a lot to live up to.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
I'm going to be a true rebel. I'm going to buy a fat boy, wear head to toe gear, and be nice to people. gently caress you HD marketing, I won't do what you tell me.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

There is an ATGATT fashion spreading amongst Norwegian Harley riders.

This helmet:

These pants (or other brand with winter camo):

and leather jacket. Not bad HD riders, not bad.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Ola posted:

This helmet:

That's kind of a badass helmet.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any all-black helmet with tinted visor looks more badass than those pudding cups dudes wear.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I think there's quite a few of those helmets around now, the most popular one might be slightly different but it looks similar. All Darth Vaderish and mean.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My best friend, after owning a Piaggio 50cc scooter for the past two years, just got a job with a very lucrative tech company and is now moving out of a scooter-friendly city into one that isn't. So now he's looking for a used motorcycle and is trying to decide on which bike type fits him best. We got our first bikes, 50cc scooters, around the same time, and I've already gone through an array of bikes since then. So it's very good to see him move forth. :neckbeard:

He sent me a potential interest:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Punched-in tank = stunta bike = AVOID.

VVVV Phew... But going from a 50cc scooter to a 600RR? I'd get a 500cc twin or non-supersport 600 or something else in between.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 5, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
oops. I meant to clarify. He likes the 600RR, but not THAT one.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

orthod0ks posted:

I'm sure it was due to lack of experience with a boat-sized motorcycle. To be fair, I drive a Corolla, so that's a lot to live up to.

To be fair, the Corolla probably handles parking lots better than a Murcielago.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

clutchpuck posted:

To be fair, the Corolla probably handles parking lots better than a Murcielago.

I had to Google it. I guess that means it's out of my pay grade. Luckily, I already drive a Corolla, so upgrading isn't really an option.

Also, when we pulled into said parking lot, he scraped the floorboard. He's only got about 20 degrees of lean to work with.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Boards are the cruiser equivalent of knee pucks.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Racin' ma cruiser, scrapin' peg...

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

"Who needs more than 20 degrees of lean anyway." - Willie G*

*Not actual quote

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

This helmet:

Isn't that Black Stig's helmet?

Also, today I popped my wheelie cherry. Only took five years

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phy posted:

Isn't that Black Stig's helmet?

Yep, Simpson Bandit.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=8&mdl=63&yr=204&pcVersion=411&PartNum=204

Man. You wouldn't think it to look at those pictures, but there's wires under the tank of a zx12. You know. In a convenient to find and reach location.

Power commander in. Engine does stuff. I can only conclude that everything is working right. Admittedly it doesn't idle as roughly.

Not that it matters. Rocket ships are for aliens and software developers.

Seriously. Who buys these things.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just finished planning my ride for tomorrow. 1,232 miles through eastern Washington which I think should be comfortably doable in 3 days.

Click for Google Maps route.

Bikes been fully prepped, all I need to do is pack what I need and scout out camping locations. Should be a blast!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm posting this from my phone because the power is out in Tempe, Az right now but we just got murdered by a massive dust storm. I'm sitting there eating my food watching the storm come up much faster than expected... lost all my food, phone screen got shattered as it flew across the parking lot, and I had to chase my helmet down.

Riding in a dust storm where you can't see more than 5ft ahead of you is loving :awesome:

edit: someone shot a video from the apartments I live in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnqbZ0nhl0c

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 6, 2011

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

-Inu- posted:

Huge recall... Power 2CTs

I'm uh... gonna go check my front tire's codes. :stare:

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

Ola posted:

This helmet:

The Harley dudes in NZ seem to be big fans of urban camo Draggin Jeans Cargos:

Better than good ol arseless chaps I guess.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NoDoorway posted:

The Harley dudes in NZ seem to be big fans of urban camo Draggin Jeans Cargos:

Better than good ol arseless chaps I guess.

Who sells something like that in the US?
Total squid but still..........

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ola posted:

This helmet:

Swedish riders as well.

A manager at work came into work today on his HARLEY (which he does <1000km/year on) wearing that exact outfit. I have to admit, it doesn't look half bad and the helmet is totally badass.

But seriously, with all that HARLEY-DAVIDSON bullshit about individualism and then they go and wear the exact goddamn outfits?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

KozmoNaut posted:

But seriously, with all that HARLEY-DAVIDSON bullshit about individualism and then they go and wear the exact goddamn outfits?

BTW I also wanna get some armored camo pants. :rock:

Edit: Holy poo poo $175 before you add "optional" CE armor? Cortech jeans come with armor for $90.

http://www.dragginjeans.net/product/camo%20for%20men%20%28urban%29

Gnaghi fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 6, 2011

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The Stig helmet is quite expensive, this Craft RX6 is a bit cheaper and very popular among the winter camo cargo crew.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Slim Pickens posted:

Just finished planning my ride for tomorrow. 1,232 miles through eastern Washington which I think should be comfortably doable in 3 days.

Click for Google Maps route.

Bikes been fully prepped, all I need to do is pack what I need and scout out camping locations. Should be a blast!

Make the detour to Joseph, OR from Enterprise, OR to hit up the Cheyenne Cafe. It's right on the main drag, across from a grocery store and near a Chevron. Get their cinnamon roll.

Also, take Spiral Highway north from Lewiston, ID/Clarkston, WA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
If you stay on 21 at Lake Roosevelt there is some crazy old ferry you can take. That'd be pretty fun and I think it's free.