Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Alter Ego posted:

I'm Super King--the best one of the three!

My liege! :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Why in "I Second That Emotion" is Amy concerned she's not as smart as Leela? She's a Ph.D. student in some sort of fancy physics discipline to Leela being some sort of interstellar truck driver. After seeing Amy become Dr. Wong this season, that line back in season two seems out of place.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bloodnose posted:

Why in "I Second That Emotion" is Amy concerned she's not as smart as Leela? She's a Ph.D. student in some sort of fancy physics discipline to Leela being some sort of interstellar truck driver. After seeing Amy become Dr. Wong this season, that line back in season two seems out of place.

She's insecure despite being smarter on paper and was obsessing over a singular recent instance of being intellectually bested. That's quite realistic.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wasn't it actually Fry who was worried that he wasn't as smart as Leela but at the same time being glad that he's prettier than her? Amy was just covering for him?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bloodnose posted:

I thought that was how Fry was feeling, and Amy was just covering for him?

e: ^^^^ Wait a minute, that's not me!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Klungar posted:

I thought that was how Fry was feeling, and Amy was just covering for him?

e: ^^^^ Wait a minute, that's not me!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was already here.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Athenry posted:

When we get back to the hole we are going to have a long, boring talk about our relationship :mad:

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

Wasn't it actually Fry who was worried that he wasn't as smart as Leela but at the same time being glad that he's prettier than her? Amy was just covering for him?

I interpreted that as them both thinking more or less the same thing

But I like your version! Then she gets to keep being really smart but clumsy and slutty

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bloodnose posted:

I interpreted that as them both thinking more or less the same thing

But I like your version! Then she gets to keep being really smart but clumsy and slutty

Really smart people can, and often do, worry about their intelligence. It's their only advantage, besides sluttiness in this case.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Trabisnikof posted:

It's their only advantage, besides sluttiness in this case.

They're just reacting to her personality!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Klungar posted:

My liege! :worship:

Also he's a robot! Ain't it cool!

John Dough posted:

When we get back to the hole we are going to have a long, boring talk about our relationship :mad:

I'm breaking up with you :ssh:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Trabisnikof posted:

Really smart people can, and often do, worry about their intelligence. It's their only advantage, besides sluttiness in this case.

They should invest in lipstick. Men love it when you really glob it on.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

DrBouvenstein posted:

They're just reacting to her personality!

What's going on? Is it my outfit?

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
No. Ask a less stupid question.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay then... what would have happened if I didn't fall into the freezer doodle and came to the future jiggy?

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
That is not a stupid question, although you asked it in a profoundly stupid way!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Athenry posted:

That's one of my favorite lines.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

muscles like this? posted:

That's one of my favorite lines.

Can you phrase that in the form of a question?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Firos posted:

Can you phrase that in the form of a question?

What if that thing I said?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Athenry posted:

What if that thing I said?

Athenry, we just quoted that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Members of the jury....

Did y'all happen to catch a gander at who done blowed up them there DOOP headquarters?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2011/07/06/futurama-fanarama-fry-meme/

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
does anyone else feel like the weed jokes have shifted tone drastically since the move to CC? Kind of like if it took place this season, relaxing "the traditional Jamaican way" would have been with a fat blunt and a bob Marley record. Obviously the switch to cable opened up their options, but I definitely liked the older style jokes more, and they seemed to use them less. IIRC there's been one in the last 3, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if there was another tonight.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

I don't... uh...

...What emotion am I feeling here?

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

SeXReX posted:

does anyone else feel like the weed jokes have shifted tone drastically since the move to CC? Kind of like if it took place this season, relaxing "the traditional Jamaican way" would have been with a fat blunt and a bob Marley record. Obviously the switch to cable opened up their options, but I definitely liked the older style jokes more, and they seemed to use them less. IIRC there's been one in the last 3, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if there was another tonight.

Yes, and it's sorta annoying, but if I have to take one bad hermes-smokes-weed-because-he's-jamaican-haha-you-see-he's-from-jamaica joke per episode and get more futurama out of it, well...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zorkon posted:

Yes, and it's sorta annoying, but if I have to take one bad hermes-smokes-weed-because-he's-jamaican-haha-you-see-he's-from-jamaica joke per episode and get more futurama out of it, well...

I thought that too but as I've been watching the old episodes again with that in mind, I realized that there has always been one joke an episode. Just recently they've been much more blunt about it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Trabisnikof posted:

I thought that too but as I've been watching the old episodes again with that in mind, I realized that there has always been one joke an episode. Just recently they've been much more blunt about it.

Don't know if this was intentional or not, but I choose to believe it was.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Miracon posted:

I don't... uh...

...What emotion am I feeling here?

What're you, gay?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

smashpro1 posted:

Don't know if this was intentional or not, but I choose to believe it was.

I choose tI believe...what I was programmed to believe!

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
And if your programming told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

LooseChanj posted:

Let me check.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I did it!

Wait. That's not me.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

LooseChanj posted:

You're full of crap, LooseChanj! :mad:

*fzzzzzt*

You make a compelling argument, LooseChanj! :haw:

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Last week's episode is a lot better the second time through.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

LooseChanj posted:

Is there a burn ward within 8 feet of here?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Winners don't play video games.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
loving PAPERBOY REFERENCE

"Winners don't play videogames."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Winners Don't Play Video Games :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

NoMoneyDown posted: