Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

jase1 posted:

Did they take Louie season 1 off streaming? I can find it in search but it wont let me play it.

I just watched some episodes 3 nights ago? I'll check again when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Oh happy day! All Star Trek is going to be on Netflix starting today!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Professor Latency posted:

The movies or the shows?

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The Man From Nowhere

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Man_from_Nowhere/70159333?trkid=2361637

This was a hit at Fantastic Fest last year, and I see why. It's basically the Korean version of "Taken", but it's much more awesome than that.

I heartily recommend.

I just watched this and it was so. loving. good.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Oh poo poo. When does Netflix put up the new Instant Watch stuff? I want to watch every single episode of Voyager in a row right now.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

Darth Freddy posted:

The movies or the shows?

The TV shows. Apparently, all of them sans the cartoon (there was a cartoon?). http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/8410/star-trek-all-of-them-coming-to-netflix-july-1.html

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Welp, looks like Barton Fink is gone. I found this out midway through the movie too.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Welp, looks like Barton Fink is gone. I found this out midway through the movie too.

It comes and goes. Yeah Netflix Instant Watch has altered my habits where I see a lot of movies in many interrupted installments. Not the greatest but just the way my available time goes. If I think a film particularly good then I make a point to go back and watch it uninterrupted.

Zwabu has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Jul 1, 2011

bartok
May 10, 2006

Just watched Ip Man 2. The story might be blatant Chinese propaganda but the fight scenes are incredible. It's good to see Sammo Hung is still able to kick some rear end.

Smiley!
Dec 7, 2009

The Picard Maneuver
For whatever reason, Deep Space Nine isn't going on Instant Streaming until October. The rest of the Star Trek shows are up, though!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

matrocious posted:

The TV shows. Apparently, all of them sans the cartoon (there was a cartoon?). http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/8410/star-trek-all-of-them-coming-to-netflix-july-1.html

Of course there was a cartoon.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

In addition to Star Trek, the X-Men animated series from the 90's and 2000's have also gone up today.

X-Men
X-Men:Evolution

Unfortunately it looks like the season finales from the 90's show are available on disc only.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Well there goes my week.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
I just got a Roku player. How can I fit all these nerd shows into my schedule? :negative:

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.
Just watched Worf in an old west gunfight with a shitload of Data's. This is a good day.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A few pages ago someone mentioned a bunch of Swedish movies.

I'd like to add Slim Susie to that list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Drrm6Mlco

It's a surreal gangster movie about a guy returning to his bumfuck hometown looking for his lost sister.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I liked the first one the most, it's fantastic and gets overlooked because of Oldboy.

I dunno, I liked Oldboy better. Then again, I did get REALLY confused during Mr. Vengeance when I didn't realize until the last part of the movie that the main character had both a sister AND a girlfriend. I thought they were the same person.

Despite that, it's still a good movie and I am totally doing the retarded guy at the lake for Halloween.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Is deep space 9 on there? I can't seem to even find the discs. I wanted to watch it because I heard it was the only ST series with an overarching plotline.

edit: I guess the discs are there but no instant. gently caress that. I live in a world where I don't wait for poo poo.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.

Yay Pudding! posted:

Is deep space 9 on there? I can't seem to even find the discs. I wanted to watch it because I heard it was the only ST series with an overarching plotline.

edit: I guess the discs are there but no instant. gently caress that. I live in a world where I don't wait for poo poo.

For some reason, everything but DS9 is on right now. DS9 is coming in October for some buttshit reason.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Yay Pudding! posted:

Well, waiting two days for the disc isn't as bad as having to wait like six months or whatever for it to show up on instant.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Rubber is out on instant and it's about as weird and absurd as one would expect. I enjoyed it.

This is the movie about the killer car tire with psychokinetic head-exploding powers.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Let me in is a pretty good english remake of the superior swedish Let the right one in. I really liked the original but the english version probably more accessible and true enough to the original.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chinaski posted:

Rubber is out on instant and it's about as weird and absurd as one would expect. I enjoyed it.

This is the movie about the killer car tire with psychokinetic head-exploding powers.

This movie was way too meta for me to handle. It came across as if it were smug about how meta it was.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen a decent amount of Star Trek (mostly from syndicated reruns), but is there any fansite or anything with a good list of must-watch episodes of the original series and TNG? Before anyone suggests just watching all of it, I've tried already and there's just too many episodes, most of which are okay in small doses but not really great for marathoning.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Twitch posted:

I've seen a decent amount of Star Trek (mostly from syndicated reruns), but is there any fansite or anything with a good list of must-watch episodes of the original series and TNG? Before anyone suggests just watching all of it, I've tried already and there's just too many episodes, most of which are okay in small doses but not really great for marathoning.

If you only watch one episode ever of Star Trek, it should be 'City on the Edge of Forever'.

He knows Doctor, he knows.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.

Twitch posted:

TNG Eps:

Q-Who?
Best of Both Worlds 1/2
Night Terrors
Conundrum
Cause and Effect
Yesterday's Enterprise
Clues

That's off the top of my head...I'm sure there are plenty of other badass ones I'm not thinking of.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Twitch posted:

When Star Trek is good, it's great, but when it's bad, it's laughable. I glanced through the episode list quickly and based on my own nerd preferences for TNG, I'd suggest "Best of Both Worlds 1&2" (best Borg episode), "The Inner Light" (just watch it), "The First Duty" (Yes it has Wesley but it's good), "Tapestry" (the best Q episode I think), and "Lower Decks" (a pretty good Star Trek story about the faceless crew).

For episodes that are decent but not amazing: "The Measure of a Man", "Cause and Effect", "Darmok", "A Matter of Time", "Schisms", and "Chain of Command 1&2"

e: Oh yeah "Yesterday's Enterprise" was awesome, good call.

too much dead rat has a new favorite as of 12:18 on Jul 3, 2011

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

From the original Star Trek series:

City on the Edge of Forever (as previously noted)
The Menagerie (2 parter - honestly one of my favorite TV episodes of any show)
Amok Time

I like a lot of the other ones too but there's a lot more variation in quality of the writing than TNG has.

I also saw the American remake "Let Me In" (of "Let the Right One In") and thought it was overall good but it was almost a complete scene for scene remake except set in New Mexico instead of Sweden. It made me kind of feel like "why remake it then if it will be the exact film almost" but the obvious reason is "to make some money off U.S. audiences who will never read a subtitle" of course. Felt like I still liked the original better overall.

WeWereSchizo
Mar 9, 2005

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Grab your mustache combs and your Foghat tapes, because The Good Guys is now available on Netflix Instant! Let's bust some punks.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

WeWereSchizo posted:

Grab your mustache combs and your Foghat tapes, because The Good Guys is now available on Netflix Instant! Let's bust some punks.

Seconding this. That is a tremendously fun show.

I would suggest The Life of Reilly The one man show of Charles Nelson Reilly. It is funny and heartbreaking and just overall fun to see the guy talk about his weird life.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead last night. Felt really infomercially at some points (we get it, you want us to buy some Breville juicer), but I'd recommend it if you enjoyed other food documentaries like Super Size Me and Food, Inc.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

This movie was way too meta for me to handle. It came across as if it were smug about how meta it was.
re: Rubber
Felt the same. It would have been much better as a regular 'ol tongue in cheek horror.

WeWereSchizo posted:

Love that show, bummer it was cancelled.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I'm using Netflix in Europe, but it's stopped working now with hotspot shield. Any ideas?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Well I was a little hesitant going in, but Ticked-Off Trannies With Knives was actually a pretty drat good movie. If you like the faux-grindhouse stuff coming out nowadays you owe it to yourself to give this one a try. Definitely not what I was expecting, but I came out pleasantly surprised!

Mediocre at best with some good laughs here and there. By and large the movie drags (no pun) on and on with lovely dialogue that's trying to ape Tarantino and fails miserably. Barely watchable.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

matrocious posted:

Let me in is a pretty good english remake of the superior swedish Let the right one in. I really liked the original but the english version probably more accessible and true enough to the original.

I would highly recommend anyone interested watch both. It's probably the most clear example I've ever seen on how you can keep so much the same and yet come out with two wildly different emotions in the end.

Does anyone know if any of the documentaries (or episodes of shows) on beer (or liquor and/or wine) on Netflix are good? I just watched Brewmasters and want to know more about booze.

duckpond
Apr 22, 2007
in search of an mmo to love and cherish
Black Death
The Vice Guide to Travel
Go
Goemon
Trailer Park Boys

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Finished the revenge trilogy today. Oldboy was of course the best out of all of them, than the 3rd than 1st. The 1st and 3rd are a very different type of revenge film than Oldboy. Oldboy had a great story with a good amount of action in it, it takes all of the good parts in Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance and throws it into a better package. With Mr.Vengeance I wasn't even sure who the main character was until more than halfway through.
Eh, I'm just gonna have to sleep on it and see if my mind changes. Oldboy was definitely the best though.
Watching Ip Man 2 now, just like the first.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone know if any of the documentaries (or episodes of shows) on beer (or liquor and/or wine) on Netflix are good? I just watched Brewmasters and want to know more about booze.

Beer Wars is really good for learning about the industry, the three tier system, and challenges faced by craft brewers.
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/72073

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'm using Netflix in Europe, but it's stopped working now with hotspot shield. Any ideas?

http://www.unblock-us.com/

I use it, no problems what so ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Octopus!!
Oct 27, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I thought this film called The Machine Girl was pretty cool. It's very grindhouse-y, but me and my folks liked it. It does all kinds of crazy stuff, like a drill bra, or how the eponymous heroine has a gattling cannon for an arm. I'd say it's a very "fun" watch.

• Locked thread