Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Chronojam posted:

By the way, we have IWR, Nevada Skies, and More Perks in common along with FalloutNV, HonestHearts, and DeadMoney. You could try removing the three former ones one at a time if you really can't load, otherwise we're both just happening across the same engine glitch.

Nah, the game loads just fine with everything except Mikoto's. I just did a clean reinstall though, so I'll see if it works now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I realize this isn't the general discussion thread for New Vegas, but this also means a lot for modding as well.

:siren::siren::siren: A "fairly large" patch dropped for New Vegas today in preparation for Old World Blues:siren::siren::siren:

Details/Patch notes

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

vandalism posted:

From my experience, I guess having conflicts in FNVedit is normal when you have mods that affect different things. Is it normal to have some red entries as long as you also have conflict winners in other entries?

Yes and no, generally a conflict winner will turn the record yellow but this doesn't always happen. Still, it is not always something you need to worry about and needs to be taken on a case by case basis. If you are playing the game with no problems and your mods are working then there's nothing to worry about even if NVEdit shows a few conflicts.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

SourceElement posted:

I realize this isn't the general discussion thread for New Vegas, but this also means a lot for modding as well.

:siren::siren::siren: A "fairly large" patch dropped for New Vegas today in preparation for Old World Blues:siren::siren::siren:

Details/Patch notes

With Fallout patches do I need to not use mods till they are updated or do the patches not affect mods usually?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Case by case basis really, 2 patches ago when they did all the weapons tweaks it rendered a significant number of mods obsolete until they were updated by the owners. The only way to know for sure is to crack open NVEdit and check for conflicts.

Some mods also seem to get more unstable if they were developed for a prior version of the game. Most mods do not but I am pretty sure Nevada Skies in particular had a hard time adjusting to the last patch.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 6, 2011

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

potaties posted:

I just realized I'm having a problem with Ammo Boxes / Case Boxes / Primer Jars / any of those reloading material containers. Not the usual glitch, where the game decides to crash when you open too many, but rather, it flat-out WON'T open them. They just sit in my inventory and I can't access the sweet, sweet treats inside. Here's my mess of a load order.

Last I saw the Sorter is broken and wont let you access those because the script that Sorter calls on to add them to your inventory doesnt exist anymore. Your options are to run without Sorter or give up on reloading supplies until a fix, which the guy supposedly knew about back in April.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

quote:

Cazadores are now properly flagged as fliers, so they won’t set off mines.
what

WHAT

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

With Fallout patches do I need to not use mods till they are updated or do the patches not affect mods usually?

NVSE has to be updated before you can run any mods that rely on it. Though I think he's had a version that supposedly works with the new patch for a while now. You'd have to check his page to see if there's an update ready.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SourceElement posted:

Details/Patch notes

This better fix the Dead Money DLC crashing the loving game every time I try to start it.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what

WHAT
;-*

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what

WHAT

You're hosed now.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what

WHAT

They "fix" that, but I bet ED-E still sets off mines.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rope kid posted:

;-*

When did you get this avatar (and what exactly is it from)? Also rope kid, do you approve of the Fallout 3/New Vegas merging mod?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Rirse posted:

When did you get this avatar (and what exactly is it from)? Also rope kid, do you approve of the Fallout 3/New Vegas merging mod?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsvN7Aek_R4#t=6m58s

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Evoq posted:

Last I saw the Sorter is broken and wont let you access those because the script that Sorter calls on to add them to your inventory doesnt exist anymore. Your options are to run without Sorter or give up on reloading supplies until a fix, which the guy supposedly knew about back in April.

Oh poo poo, thank you for this. Doesn't Project Nevada come with inventory sorting, too?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

potaties posted:

I just realized I'm having a problem with Ammo Boxes / Case Boxes / Primer Jars / any of those reloading material containers. Not the usual glitch, where the game decides to crash when you open too many, but rather, it flat-out WON'T open them. They just sit in my inventory and I can't access the sweet, sweet treats inside. Here's my mess of a load order.

If there's some way for me to hunt for the culprit aside from just unchecking each .esp until it works, I'm all ears, but I'll do that if I have to :qq:

You don't have to deactivate them one at a time. Deactivate half, then check to see if you've still got a problem. If you do, deactivate half of the remaining mods. If you don't, reactivate half of the mods you just deactivated. Rinse and repeat, and you can find the culprit in just a few steps. Hurrah for order log2(n) searches.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

potaties posted:

Oh poo poo, thank you for this. Doesn't Project Nevada come with inventory sorting, too?

Yes, it does. I'm using it right now.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Man, I don't know how I'd get on without this thread. Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that nothing breaks with the patch (something probably will :unsmith:)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I just bought all DLC and now a new patch hits? I'll have to wait a week at minimum until all mods update.

:negative:

It's great the game's still being supported, though. Most developers would have called it a day by now and moved on.

e: lovely typo

vvvvv I'm not worried about NVSE. It's usually updated in less than a day.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 6, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Ma,, I just bought all DLC and now a new patch hits? I'll have to wait a week at minimum until all mods update.

No, not really.

Judging from the load orders people post on this thread, I'd bet most people are using NVSE. NVSE is usually broken every time a patch is released, which breaks mods that depend on it. The good news is that NVSE's author is really good about releasing updates within 5 or 6 hours of a patch hitting.

Mods WILL be broken by this patch, but not nearly as many as you think. Once NVSE gets back on its feet, most people will be able to continue their games without any harm done.

In other news, Ian Patterson confirmed that the FNV4GB executable will not need to be updated.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Soysaucebeast posted:

Nah, the game loads just fine with everything except Mikoto's. I just did a clean reinstall though, so I'll see if it works now.

Hrm. I started a new game (I was thinking about doing it anyway) and now it all works completely fine. I have no idea what happened. Weird.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It looks like NVSE will be updating by tonight, based on his posts.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Question on damage scaling:

Since damage dropoff is impossible to pull off in this engine, I'm wondering if those using the Armory's vanilla settings would mind a marked difference in damage between battle rifles and sniper rifles that use the same medium rifle rounds. The DPS of Armory weapons is typically high, but some of the weapons we have that I'm trying to fit into lower weapon tiers (such as the FN FAL and the new G3A4) have extremely high DPS that pretty much causes the player or NPC wielding it to dominate. Since nobody liked the extremely bad weapon spread in 1.5, I decided that putting the damage down a large amount (25%) would probably fare better.

Would anyone mind having .308/medium caliber battle rifle weapons with substantially lower damage? This is purely a game balance question and the realism setting won't really adhere to this.

Small rifle damage - nominally 22
(Battle) Medium rifle damage - nominally 32, down from nominally 40
(Sniper) Medium rifle damage - nominally 48

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

After putting way too many hours into NV on the 360: holy poo poo the Armory is loving impeccable. Thanks to the goon bros that put it together.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

NVSE V2B6 has been released with OWB patch compatibility. It's at the top of the page.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

NVSE V2B6 has been released with OWB patch compatibility. It's at the top of the page.

Nice job. They were pretty drat fast.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So does anyone know how to remove the Electro City cards? Nothings remains of the mod on my computer, yet I still have pink loading cards from back when it was installed. I can't find anything on the page for the mod on how to remove it.

That and the game just crashed when trying to sprint with Project Nevada. :smith:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is this what i need to install to get the game to load again?

I was playing it before going out a few hours ago, but now i'm back and the game won't start up using the Fallout Mod Manager.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

So does anyone know how to remove the Electro City cards? Nothings remains of the mod on my computer, yet I still have pink loading cards from back when it was installed. I can't find anything on the page for the mod on how to remove it.

That and the game just crashed when trying to sprint with Project Nevada. :smith:

I wish I knew, but unfortunately I have no real solution. I think I periodically get Electro-city loading cards even though I manually removed it months ago.

Kin posted:

Is this what i need to install to get the game to load again?

I was playing it before going out a few hours ago, but now i'm back and the game won't start up using the Fallout Mod Manager.

Yeah, you need to update your NVSE.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

The new patch/NVSE version causes a CTD with Project Nevada, apparently due to the inventory sorting. :(

Edit: They posted this in the comments on Nexus (but didn't upload it TO Nexus yet for whatever reason)
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4iEH8ar3jtxMWExZmEyODAtYjAzZC00ZGI3LWI1YjgtMTBkMTczZmM3OTdh&hl=en_US&pli=1
It disables the inventory sorting.

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 7, 2011

debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only
I'm not using Project Nevada, but since installing the new NVSE my computer hardlocks every time I try to load a save. After disabling mods (I really wasn't using that many) I can't even get past the initial load screens before it locks. At least this is a nice reminder to not let Steam auto-update NV for me anymore.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Mine's working fine with both PN and newest NVSE. I really really wish I could make Darn play nice with PN again though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

drat, new DLC in like a week? :monocle: How the hell did I not catch that? And this patch has a lot of good changes in it too and caught me off guard when I saw Steam updating at work.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Elliotw2 posted:

Mine's working fine with both PN and newest NVSE. I really really wish I could make Darn play nice with PN again though.

Mine seemed to be working until i went to sprint (shift on my config), crash to desktop. Bullet time worked though, can you try sprinting in your game and see if that crashes it?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Wiseblood posted:

They "fix" that, but I bet ED-E still sets off mines.
Actually, I think ED-E stopped setting off mines as per the patch before this one.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Woebin posted:

Actually, I think ED-E stopped setting off mines as per the patch before this one.
Nope.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Is there a mod that removes mouse smoothing in menus? Also I removed it in-game successfully but it still feels kinda weird. I don't really know how to explain it. Also what FOV settings for everything is recommended? I have the in-game FOV at 90, but honestly I'm not sure if the setting took. You have to update like three loving .ini files.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Retrograde posted:

Mine seemed to be working until i went to sprint (shift on my config), crash to desktop. Bullet time worked though, can you try sprinting in your game and see if that crashes it?

Everything seems to be working in it. My computer's strange though, since I only very rarely get bugs that everyone else complains about.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

YOURFRIEND posted:

Is there a mod that removes mouse smoothing in menus? Also I removed it in-game successfully but it still feels kinda weird. I don't really know how to explain it. Also what FOV settings for everything is recommended? I have the in-game FOV at 90, but honestly I'm not sure if the setting took. You have to update like three loving .ini files.

Go into your fallout_prefs.ini and search for "ipresentinterval". Set it to equal 0 and see if that resolves the floaty menu cursor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
Should I get the community patch? I didn't see it on the OP but I saw it on the nexus and I remember needing one in oblivion.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326