Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
As a 990 Duke rider I will be the first to say that I won't be interested in the Husky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Husky is apparently happy being the differently abled little brother to KTM.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Sepist posted:

God those bolts look like they're made of T-1000

The bolts are intact, the extra metal is from the swingarm :ssh:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Kommando posted:

just got one of these gas tanks for my 77 cb750.

I must make it fit. It will be :awesome:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

just got one of these gas tanks for my 77 cb750.

I must make it fit. It will be :awesome:

You should put your old tank on newer one as well.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
A pictorial representation of why I don't like Deal's Gap.

US129 - TN Side (aka Deal's Gap)

We were surrounded by cruisers gassing it on straightaways and parking it in corners. There were also 2 cops patrolling the road.

US129 - GA Side (aka Blood Mountain)

At least we broke 15 mph.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Time for guess that motorcycle! From the Daily Show segment on NY legalizing gay marriage.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Seriously?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2032191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=309#post393247275

:confused:

dr cum patrol esq fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 7, 2011

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

-Inu- posted:

We were surrounded by cruisers gassing it on straightaways and parking it in corners. There were also 2 cops patrolling the road.

I don't know when you went, or what was going on, but the times I have been to Deal's Gap, folks are hauling rear end. I lost count of how many times I pulled to one side to let the sportbike guys go flying by on the last weekend I was there, and I wasn't poking along.

Sucks that you had a bad ride.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

pr0zac posted:

Time for guess that motorcycle! From the Daily Show segment on NY legalizing gay marriage.

we did that one already

and what is going on in that picture with the bent swingarm and shredded bolts. I can't figure out what happened

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Ahaha I seriously don't remember posting that. I'm going to assume I was drunk or something.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

pr0zac posted:

Ahaha I seriously don't remember posting that. I'm going to assume I was drunk or something.

Don't worry, I've done the exact same thing (convinced myself I didn't actually post something, just that I wanted to).

content: 93MPG Ninja 250:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702734

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

SaucyPants posted:

and what is going on in that picture with the bent swingarm and shredded bolts. I can't figure out what happened
The guy didn't put the spacer on the axle between the wheel and swingarm, the sprocket screwheads then proceeded to gouge and bend the end of said swingarm, leaving a buttload of aluminum on the heads.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

hayden. posted:

Don't worry, I've done the exact same thing (convinced myself I didn't actually post something, just that I wanted to).

content: 93MPG Ninja 250:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702734

From the sign on the side: http://www.craigvetter.com/

Yeah. It's *that* craig vetter...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

-Inu- posted:

A pictorial representation of why I don't like Deal's Gap.

US129 - TN Side (aka Deal's Gap)

US129 - GA Side (aka Blood Mountain)

At least we broke 15 mph.

If you go at the right times, its an amazing road. Night runs are fun too!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Check out this new, freshly paved rest area just outside the Tallahassee Airport:

It's like they want people to go race there.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

frozenphil posted:

Check out this new, freshly paved rest area just outside the Tallahassee Airport:

It's like they want people to go race there.

So.. I'm not looking at a race track?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

MrZig posted:

So.. I'm not looking at a race track?

That's pretty much been the reaction on the local sportbike forum. lol
Apparently the rent-a-cop leaves after 10pm or so and, because of the location, the place is pretty much deserted all day. According to some of the forum guys the security dude will try to chase people, but they aren't sure if he's doing it for fun or if he's serious.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I've actually been on a racetrack that didn't look as good as that.

Around me I just treat the local malls as a racetracks when they're closed on Sundays. Once I was indeed chased by the security guard and I lapped his slow rear end. :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Gnaghi posted:

I've actually been on a racetrack that didn't look as good as that.

Around me I just treat the local malls as a racetracks when they're closed on Sundays. Once I was indeed chased by the security guard and I lapped his slow rear end. :v:

Me and Spiff has a chat with a mall cop while pulling synchronized wheelies running the MSF course in the lot and rolling stoppies practicing our braking skills. He asked what we were doing, we said were were just practicin'.

And smoking meth.

It went well. :v:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Wee.

http://www.marrc.org/seapup/Roadracing/19990522_CCS/519_19990523_CCS_image-map.html

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Z3n posted:

Me and Spiff has a chat with a mall cop while pulling synchronized wheelies running the MSF course in the lot and rolling stoppies practicing our braking skills. He asked what we were doing, we said were were just practicin'.

And smoking meth.

That is a great picture.

After my incident they put cobblestone crosswalks which are slightly raised to act as speed bumps. I love how nobody understand how sumos work except the people who ride them.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

That is a great picture.

After my incident they put cobblestone crosswalks which are slightly raised to act as speed bumps. I love how nobody understand how sumos work except the people who ride them.

Here are the sets if you want to see them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zach_stone/sets/72157626552956099/with/5701430106/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zach_stone/sets/72157626782719887/

Speed bumps...wheelie indicators!

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

And smoking meth.

OK this is cool, but if it were your CB200, it'd be stupid cool.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I love picture #2.

"Later, suckas!"

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

In my old neighborhood they put in the large speed bumps mostly I think because of me and this other rogue kdx250 that tore rear end through there too. And then there were jumps :haw:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgmBDuzaJ_s

God I love Edwards.

E: Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5gEF-42Z9M

MrZig fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 8, 2011

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
The tiny cupboard under the stairs with the reserved sign had me in stitches.

content: the most useless stretch ever

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Phat_Albert posted:

I think thats the road to Hana. Seriously, that road is to the point of sickening its so twisty and so long. I did it in a rental Forester, and just about cooked the tires off the thing, and even that was a blast. I cant fathom doing it on a motard.

Yup looks like the road to Hana, I did that last week on a 50cc scooter and it was amazing. Next time I go out there I'm renting a motorcycle or shipping my motard over. There are some amazing roads on that island.

Rest of the family was in a rental Explorer...I got to the seven sacred pools (end of Road to Hana) 45 min before them.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

OK this is cool, but if it were your CB200, it'd be stupid cool.

I discovered while teaching a friend to ride that that bike can wheelie. I didn't think it was possible, but apparently if you get it rolling, pin the throttle, and drop the clutch while standing behind the bike and pulling up on the bars, the front end comes off the ground. :v:

That was about the end of his motorcycle training.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yup looks like the road to Hana, I did that last week on a 50cc scooter and it was amazing. Next time I go out there I'm renting a motorcycle or shipping my motard over. There are some amazing roads on that island.

Rest of the family was in a rental Explorer...I got to the seven sacred pools (end of Road to Hana) 45 min before them.

Right on! How was it on the 50? Everybody told the wife and I we were crazy when we did it in April. It was just enough machine to ride pretty much flat out, safely, the whole time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

clutchpuck posted:

Right on! How was it on the 50? Everybody told the wife and I we were crazy when we did it in April. It was just enough machine to ride pretty much flat out, safely, the whole time.

The 50cc was about perfect, a 150cc would have been fun but I didn't feel like paying the extra. As you said pretty much flat out all the time which was great. Did the road past the seven sacred pools as well, it's worse (narrower/dirt) than road to Hana so it was great.

I will say taking the scooter up to Haliakala crater at 5am sucked. Actually ended up just saying gently caress it and stuck the thing in the explorer everyone else was riding up in. 50cc at 10k ft is pretty drat pathetic but the sunrise and ride back down were worth it.

I made it my mission to ride all the roads that were just squiggly lines on the maps and it was an awesome vacation, add in all the tourist trap activities we did and it was the best vacation I've ever had.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
In the end, Steve had a lot of motorcycles. Steve needed a place to put them all. Steve bought a hangar. Steve married a woman half his age, threw a matress on the floor, and called it good. Steve could get away with this.

Steve's hangar can be yours for only $800K. Buy it, and they'll throw in the ranch and vineyard down the road.

http://driven.urbandaddy.com/2011/04/07/for-sale-steve-mcqueens-ranch-vineyard/

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

In the end, Steve had a lot of motorcycles. Steve needed a place to put them all. Steve bought a hangar. Steve married a woman half his age, threw a matress on the floor, and called it good. Steve could get away with this.

Steve's hangar can be yours for only $800K. Buy it, and they'll throw in the ranch and vineyard down the road.

Goddamn, only 800k.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Marv Hushman posted:

Rich people must have so much fun.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

hayden. posted:

When this happens it means the trend has finally come home. It has taken on a life of its own and can be referenced to without acknowledging its racing origins. It's like racing cars having body vents for brake heat, to ricer cars having body vents for looks without much brake heat to any kind of car having stick-on vents.

Basically automotive humanity just descended another notch.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

MrZig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgmBDuzaJ_s

God I love Edwards.

E: Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5gEF-42Z9M

Ouch, that was a seemingly unnecessary dig at Pedrosa near the end there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Z3n posted:

Goddamn, only 800k.

Seriously, in Cali? I thought that was about the price of a modest condo out there.

If BoJ would just regenerate a few more times, we could probably organize a group buy.